PDA

View Full Version : Maeve Card Idea(s)

Haxic
05-30-2017, 07:23 PM
This will be a work-in-progress for all the ideas that I submit under Maeve, since I play her often.
Note that these ideas are only ideas. Critique is encouraged and will be taken into consideration.

Double Tap [Legendary Card]: Fires 4 blades instead of 2. The 4 blades take exactly the same amount of time to fire, have a less-affected flight trajectory, and will have a 60% reduced hitbox size and do 240 damage each.

This card is meant to encourage a longer, more aggressive approach when playing as Maeve. Paired with cauterize, you can fire at longer ranges and hit more often, especially if you change your aim mid-throw for a 'spray' of knives.
The damage boost is small but will increase the damage of a full burst from 900 to 960. This Legendary card option will make her knives feel more like bullets or arrows, offering a different style of play as Maeve.

Bloodtheft [Legendary Card]: Pounce has 30% increased range. When pounce is used on an enemy, you will not collide with them, instead moving through them as if they weren't there. You will still deal 500 damage, but will 'Leech' that health off of them instead, adding it to your own health over a period of 10 seconds (This can stack, in the event you use pounce twice or more.)

This card offers a tempting self-sustainability to Maeve. With Bloodtheft, she can heal her own wounds (albeit slowly) and stay in the fight longer without having to rely on a healer or running away from combat.

As of now, these are the only 2 ideas I've bothered writing down. No doubt they will be controversial, but that's why I'm open to critique. Please feel free to point out how they might be unbalanced or otherwise unnecessary.

Naviliz
06-05-2017, 10:34 AM
I don't really think your first idea would be considered, since it really breaks the balance of the game. you're looking at 1380 damage per hit, you could take out Ying or Kinessa in 2 hits (#buffkinessashealth). However, I really like the base of your second idea. The only thing I would change is I would make the increase of range 5 percent more range. Only because I think 30% is way too much. Maeve is already an incredibly quick and mobile character. I also don't think that going through the enemy would work, it makes aiming at Maeve and playing her much harder. It also goes against the physics tradition in paladins, there are no objects (that are not a bug) that can go through other objects. I would just make Bloodtheft a regular loadout card that only increases the range by 5%, so the limit is a 20% range increase.

Haxic
06-05-2017, 11:08 PM
I'd like to point out that the first card doesn't increase the damage to 1380 on a successful 'all 4' hit. Each blade is reduced, dealing only 240 damage each. That means that if all 4 blades hit, the damage would be 960 in total- only 60 above a normal 2 blade hit- although that may still be a bit too high for the velocity increase I suggested.

Bafometto
06-20-2017, 04:09 PM
Double Tap [Legendary Card]: Fires 4 blades instead of 2. The 4 blades take exactly the same amount of time to fire, have a less-affected flight trajectory, and will have a 60% reduced hitbox size and do 240 damage each.

This card doesn't offer a different playstyle, it changes completely the primary fire and therefore the character itself in my opinion, sorry i just think it's a bad idea.

Bloodtheft [Legendary Card]: Pounce has 30% increased range. When pounce is used on an enemy, you will not collide with them, instead moving through them as if they weren't there. You will still deal 500 damage, but will 'Leech' that health off of them instead, adding it to your own health over a period of 10 seconds (This can stack, in the event you use pounce twice or more.)

So basicly it gives Maeve a shield when she hits pounce and she can make it double if she goes through two champions. Now, the "lifesteal" card exists already and it's called savagery I believe, that's why i think it's a little unoriginal as card concept for Maeve. BUT, the idea of adding the damage you deal as shield to yourself is something that came up to my mind as well and honestly I like this idea, however it doesn't really fit Maeve. This would be a good concept for a new champion, a vampire or something (yeah i'm not too original i know).

kingCAPSLOCK
07-24-2017, 02:57 PM
I would love a normal card to increase pounce distance.
I always tend to compare maeves pounce to ashs shoulder bash, and a little more distance would be really nice for a little more "assassin" playstyle

remAzing
07-25-2017, 12:15 AM
i would like to see legendary card where pounce goes through target. I have so much situations where pounce kill me, when i jump off. And u cant escape with pounce if u at melee with enemy.