PDA

View Full Version : Pip's Self Damage

Tharindu207
05-25-2017, 08:36 AM
Pip's main attack, potion launcher does 600 area damage to enemies. However it also does 400 self damage. That's 2/3 of his damage. Other AOE damage champions have high damage with insignificant self damage.(BK, Drogoz, Evie)

Pip is a healer. Which means he spend a lot of time near/around tank and objective. Most of his damage is directed at other team's tank, who will also be very close. So his attack has a higher chance to damage himself compared to other champions like Drogoz.

Then the flanks, they tend to target Pip before other champions, because a good enemy Pip is very dangerous/annoying thing for your team. When flanks attack you as Pip, you can jump in to Weightless and try to put some distance between you and the flank. During Weightless you can shoot(unless you have Acrobatic LC) but your aim is very bad in Weightless. You have a high chance of damaging and killing yourself. If you don't shoot during Weightless and just run away, the flank just have to follow you easily and finish the job. If the flank is in your face, shooting them is just as dangerous as not doing anything.

I think this should be addressed. His self damage need to go down, a lot. I know I'm not the only one thinking this.

[I also don't like the fact you can't use healing potion while in Weightless, but that's a different topic.]

EvieIV
05-25-2017, 08:43 AM
correction: LC acrobatic doesn't disable shooting. It's a loadout card that makes you take reduced damage on weightless but interrupts it if you shoot

That being said, pip shouldn't really hit himself most the time and that's how his mechanics are meant to be. The counterplay for a good pip is to go straight up his face otherwise from a distance he'll always be the winner because his kit is really good for fights. (heal yourself for 1200, slow the target down to almost a root while doing 840 dmg on shot that you will very often hit, while jumping around and having quite a little hitbox)

If you do feel pip is struggling with that you have a card that will help you reduce self damage that doesn't hurt to have since all a pip really wants is side tanks, smithereness 1 or 2, and other niche cooldown/slow increase cards

Tharindu207
05-25-2017, 09:27 AM
Acrobatics don't disable shooting, it's the other way around. If you shoot Weightless ends.

My healing Pip loadout doesn't have any space to add that reduce self damage card. My load out is maxed out in healing. Spending points for that card means i heal for less and my team suffers.

My questions is why Pip has so much self damage in the first place. It has no reason and totally unfair. I mean, look at BK. His sticky bombs do 900 damage to enemies but only about 200 to himself.

EvieIV
05-25-2017, 10:50 AM
Acrobatics don't disable shooting, it's the other way around. If you shoot Weightless ends.

My healing Pip loadout doesn't have any space to add that reduce self damage card. My load out is maxed out in healing. Spending points for that card means i heal for less and my team suffers.

My questions is why Pip has so much self damage in the first place. It has no reason and totally unfair. I mean, look at BK. His sticky bombs do 900 damage to enemies but only about 200 to himself.

no i repeat if you have acrobatics your weightless isn't interrupted by shooting. What makes weightless be interrupted is the card "Escape artist"

And well there's your problem, you're trying to play healer pip. You shouldn't play healer pip

Tharindu207
05-26-2017, 08:17 AM
And well there's your problem, you're trying to play healer pip. You shouldn't play healer pip

What?? Why not? Pip is a support so why not play healer Pip? Are you telling me to play Flank Pip?

Also, sorry about the card mix up.

EvieIV
05-26-2017, 10:03 AM
What?? Why not? Pip is a support so why not play healer Pip? Are you telling me to play Flank Pip?

Also, sorry about the card mix up.

because same way you dont play grohk for main support, they're just not meant for it. You should play pip as a versatile champ/ 2nd healer instead, with catalyst.
He is a support yes, but he is not a legit healer. he is more of an utility pick with the cc

Rinslet
05-26-2017, 10:54 AM
Are you sure that all flanks want to stay right next to you? Skye maybe, but others usually keep their distance. Maybe you can call it some kind of tactic vs Pip so he can kill himself, but it's not. If you stay close to Pip, you're in more danger than him, because he have heal, especially if he picked +40% damage legendary.

I don't play as Pip much, but it was maybe once or twice when i accidentaly died from my own attack. I think if somebody concerned about this "problem" then there is that card which reduce selfdamage from projectiles, same as BK's.

Tharindu207
05-26-2017, 11:03 AM
because same way you dont play grohk for main support, they're just not meant for it. You should play pip as a versatile champ/ 2nd healer instead, with catalyst.
He is a support yes, but he is not a legit healer. he is more of an utility pick with the cc

That is a terrible idea, just like playing a second healer is a terrible idea.

Besides, none of that really address the original issue I posted about. I'm saying this situation shouldn't exist in the first place. I shouldn't have to spend 3/4 points on a card to not commit suicide. Pip's self damage should be negligible, just like BK by default. I'm not saying completely remove it, tone it down.

If I spent 2 points on Sturdy then I'm still taking 200 damage, that's how much self damage BK takes with no cards.

JohnnyBoi3231x
05-26-2017, 12:53 PM
Just get sturdy and your good.

HKgamer13
05-26-2017, 01:10 PM
Hey idiots, the card that reduces damage taken during weitghless and cancels weitghless when atacking is called ''Escape artist'', Acrobatics is a legendary card that inceases the duration of weitghless of 1 second and allows you to duble jump during weitghless, please check everything before you make obvius mistakes.

Jusey1
05-26-2017, 06:17 PM

If you have a Healer Pip loadout specifically made for solo-healing as Pip... You basically have the second or even highest healing rate in the game. Was topped by Ying's healing rate but that was nerfed.. So Ying is probably second highest now.

But then again, too many people don't learn how to play a champion differently but rather stick to a meta idea. So, I don't blame you for being ignorant.

Also, you shouldn't tell other people on how they can play a character, since there are multiple ways of playing a character which requires different sets of skills, or harder skills. For example, Acrobatics based Pip can still do as much or even more damage than a Catalyst Pip because you are harder to counter, track down, and kill. Especially if you're playing it on a map that is suited for it. !BUT! That kind of playstyle is much much harder to do and require a lot more skills, map knowledge, and it is even map-dependent (it's terrible on certain maps, like Stone Keep for example), so it isn't the meta.

Meta = The easiest to do, quickest to do, and most successful path to win a fight (NOT THE ONLY ONE -And- NOT THE BEST ONE IN ALL SITUATIONS).

EvieIV
05-26-2017, 06:31 PM
If you have a Healer Pip loadout specifically made for solo-healing as Pip... You basically have the second or even highest healing rate in the game. Was topped by Ying's healing rate but that was nerfed.. So Ying is probably second highest now.

But then again, too many people don't learn how to play a champion differently but rather stick to a meta idea. So, I don't blame you for being ignorant.

Also, you shouldn't tell other people on how they can play a character, since there are multiple ways of playing a character which requires different sets of skills, or harder skills. For example, Acrobatics based Pip can still do as much or even more damage than a Catalyst Pip because you are harder to counter, track down, and kill. Especially if you're playing it on a map that is suited for it. !BUT! That kind of playstyle is much much harder to do and require a lot more skills, map knowledge, and it is even map-dependent (it's terrible on certain maps, like Stone Keep for example), so it isn't the meta.

Meta = The easiest to do, quickest to do, and most successful path to win a fight (NOT THE ONLY ONE -And- NOT THE BEST ONE IN ALL SITUATIONS).

yes cool all very cool math but pip just doesn't heal consistenly and can't heal multiple people outside of a range so no don't play pip as main healer dont care what you are

---

and i dont follow the meta myself i just try things out and they dont work so dont care what others say if youre playing in a match where you're top elo of course everything will work but then you'll get stomped when you're not top

Jusey1
05-26-2017, 11:03 PM
yes cool all very cool math but pip just doesn't heal consistenly and can't heal multiple people outside of a range so no don't play pip as main healer dont care what you are

---

and i dont follow the meta myself i just try things out and they dont work so dont care what others say if youre playing in a match where you're top elo of course everything will work but then you'll get stomped when you're not top

Even when I'm not top elo, I do fine as a healer Pip and throw potions constantly for my frontlines and other teammates if possible. Granted, I can't heal everyone easily like Ying can but really only Ying can heal everyone easily. Mal'Damba and Seris can only heal those within their sights.

Also, just because it doesn't work for you doesn't means it's bad. It just means that YOU'RE BAD at doing it.

EvieIV
05-27-2017, 12:07 AM
Even when I'm not top elo, I do fine as a healer Pip and throw potions constantly for my frontlines and other teammates if possible. Granted, I can't heal everyone easily like Ying can but really only Ying can heal everyone easily. Mal'Damba and Seris can only heal those within their sights.

Also, just because it doesn't work for you doesn't means it's bad. It just means that YOU'RE BAD at doing it.

that can be true, but regardless what me and people around me choose to go is for consistence in their heals. granted pip has a lot of burst healing but you lose a lot out of it if people don't need its full potential at that precise moment whereas seris/damba just heal bit by bit and are always up.

Of course pip is best used in a rush team at middle elos but once your tanks start to learn how and when to go in pip becomes much less powerful as a healing purpose and needs to come back with the multi-utility kit and fine dmg

Conclusion is pip can work but there is no reason to pick him over seris or damba for that matter, and mega healing is not a card you'll take a lot of profit from since every champ needs to be healed not just the tanks, and very few champs will have 2400 hp needed to heal without being really dead.

RogueRifler
05-27-2017, 02:01 AM
Pip as a solo healer works well at 3.3k+ guru elo.