PDA

View Full Version : Torvold needs a buff for higher levels of play

DrSteelz
05-20-2017, 10:44 PM
Yes i know in lower tiers people think Torvold op, 9000 health and wrecks whole teams and that may be the case at that level only. But after all the unnecessary nerfs Torvalds received he really sucks for any other level of play. He did have one good build +40% damage shield build for your team mates, but that was nerfed. He is hard countered by wrecker which destroys him and he is hard countered by people who shoot from a bit of a distance, staying out of his range. He isn't even that punishing to people who are in his range. Fernando deals much more damage at close range because he can combo it and damage multiple targets. Torvalds just auto aims at 1 target, that's it. Ive never seen good Torvalds deal more than 70 ~ 80k damage. But Ive seen good Barik's, Makoa's, Fernando's, ruckus's and Inara's deal well over 100k damage. I understand that Torvald has a great point and push clearing ult and good anti tank abilities. But I feel like he is under performing in either damage or being tanky compared to all the other front liners. I'm after some buff ideas or opinon's. I was thinking maybe runic blast could deal 200 damage and protection cool down reduced from 9 to 8 seconds as buffs.

Also does anyone even use Torvolds direct current legendary card?

Insizer
05-21-2017, 12:11 AM
I've seen him used in those tournaments Hi-Rez bankroll instead of funding fixes. The key I've heard is build him for health instead of shields. As for his L.cards... yes, the other ones could be better to be more competitive with the +40% damage one.

JohnnyBoi3231x
05-26-2017, 01:08 PM
Bring back his 6000 hp shield, only the noobs were complaining.