PDA

View Full Version : I guess they are trying to push Ying out and make room for Seris?

MetaTaro
05-18-2017, 05:15 PM
Not really understanding the Ying nerf and Seris buff... Ying's healing, while not a huge nerf, was still unnecessary because her healing can easily be matched by other support classes, so why nerf it? I mean geeze you just nerfed her healing range by 20%, uber nerfed her lifelike card(that one was needed but was too harsh). So what's the deal?

And then on top of it you buff Seris who could already match Ying's healing with a healing build. I guess I'll just play Seris now since she'll be able to out heal Ying no problem.

I took a few weeks off from Paladins because I'm tired of the damage/flank classes taking over the game and I come back to these weird nerf/buffs?

Still a great game but I disagree with Hi-Rez treatment of support/FL classes.

SnowzStormz
05-18-2017, 06:53 PM
Looks as if its just another move to take out the 2 tank meta. Ying great at healing 2 tanks ... Seris better at pocket healing 1 tank.

Valkure
05-19-2017, 02:05 AM
And then on top of it you buff Seris who could already match Ying's healing with a healing build. I guess I'll just play Seris now since she'll be able to out heal Ying no problem.
Main support. And I don't like Seris at all. You just have to stay there and press RMB constantly. You can't shoot, you can't use skills, you can't even reload in the meanwhile! So you have games with 80k healing and... 0/3. Seriously? Am I here not to play, but to behave like a healing bot?
The best part of Ying style was being able to do SOMETHING ELSE, except from pressing Q.

- nerfing tank/support
- buffing dmg/flanker
- buffing the only support that can do anything but healing.

And then you ask yourself why no one wants to play tank/support!
I think it's time to main Evie...

addysomaddy
05-20-2017, 03:34 AM
Main support. And I don't like Seris at all. You just have to stay there and press RMB constantly. You can't shoot, you can't use skills, you can't even reload in the meanwhile! So you have games with 80k healing and... 0/3. Seriously? Am I here not to play, but to behave like a healing bot?
The best part of Ying style was being able to do SOMETHING ELSE, except from pressing Q.

- nerfing tank/support
- buffing dmg/flanker

My problem with Ying is that she can do too much as a support. And her healing comes from bots she places wherever neccessary. In my opinion she takes the least effort to heal a team. Hence I feel that the nerf is justified.

jaladreips
05-20-2017, 04:27 AM

- nerfing tank/support
- buffing dmg/flanker

I don't get your hatred for Seris. You take Agony legendary (the one with stun), take ammo regeneration on heal, reduce heals cooldown a bit and you get nice flow of shoot 10 orbs - heal someone - shoot 10 orbs - heal someone procedure. Constantly charging your ultimate, keeping people alive and providing nice choke control. Stack 4 orbs on Fernando to cancel his shield as soon as he uses it, stack 4 orbs on Androxus that was dumb enough to 1v1 you to cancel his reversal. And when everyone already hates you, use your ultimate when they group up for AoE heals.

Recipe for carrying your team to victory.

TouFuub
05-20-2017, 05:30 AM

- nerfing tank/support
- buffing dmg/flanker

I've been grinding mastery with Seris lately, from what I experienced, Seris actually takes much skills as Ying do.

The biggest challenge for Seris is prediction, positioning and environmental judgement. She may not be as active as Ying, but the requirement for Seris is similar. This is because Seris IS limited to one action only, BUT with rewarding return. Take Shadow Travel as example, Seris actually needs to heavily judge the situation and time her escape when needed, since ST has a long casting time, in which Seris can't do anything. However, if you are able to finish the casting, you are very safe during the period. But during the ability, you'll have to already re-position yourself with limited time to think for a good position. And then you will need to predict whether the team will need support, keep escaping or damage assist as you will be doing work when out of ST.

I believe that a good Seris can balance her engagement, healing and movement abilities, and know when to use the ult to save the game. Seris is called the Oracle for a reason afterall.

Peinzius
05-20-2017, 06:26 AM
Ying takes more skill than people give her credit for. Obviously we all know that Mal'damba is the hardest support, but Dimensional Link is one of the hardest abilities in the game to use to it's full capacity.

Always keeping track of both of your illusions, knowing where you will teleport to and having the patience to not just spam the button randomly is very difficult to use, and with it I feel Ying has even more survivability than Seris.

Ying isn't going to have the healing output of Mal'damba or the clutch saves of Seris, but always being there and being hard to kill is what makes her fun.

With that in mind, I don't really agree with these nerfs. Her range is already the smallest out of the 3 main healers, and she isn't that good in 1v1's without Dimensional Link. People seem to think that she has amazing damage, but I don't think that's true. I've been told that Bomb Ying has pretty high output, but Lifelike and Focusing Lens, which while are my favourites, have less damage overall.