PDA

View Full Version : How to screw over a class that already gets enough hate 101

xCrippled
05-08-2017, 07:08 PM
If you play Support for long enough you'll across autistic front lines who don't go on point even when its empty. I guess it makes sense after all they main viktor, so their half retarded brain isn't capable of processing other tactics other than holding left click. Spamming "I need healing" for a dozen times until their baby brains start to over-heat and need a cooldown.

Only If i had training to cop with autists. Healing was already hard enough with cauterizer. I thought cauterize 3 couldn't get any worse hi-rez has fucked up again. Willo is retardedly OP. Healing with Mal dama (gourd) is pratically useless now, Willo can now deadzone and you're fucked. Seris is done also, rend souls is now rendered useless.

CandySuxxx
05-08-2017, 07:16 PM
To be fair, seris' healing is overpowered.

MarKr
05-08-2017, 08:14 PM
The biggest problem is that Death Zone has very crappy indication. RaynDay said in one of his videos "when we tested, Willo was OK because you can leave the AoE of DZ". Well, technically speaking you CAN but usually it is by accident, not intention because DZ has the exact same "Reduced healing" indicator as Cauterize so when you are in DZ and see the indicator you don't know if you were hit by Cauter (in which case it doesn't matter if you move or not) or standing in DZ (in which case moving away can help). The fact that DZ has no dead giveaway visual effect doesn't help this either - Gourd has turns groung into orange-ish color, same with Tyra's flame bomb, Viktor's Ult has groung indicator, grumpy bomb too...what has DZ? Slight air shivering effect and the AoE has on its border brown-ish half-trasparent circle...both of these are almost impossible to spot when Willo casts it under your feet and even harder when you are in a middle of a fight.
Also the fact that DZ is not an Ultimate ability but there is absolutely no way of lowering its effect on yourself is weird.
I had a game today with two FLs and there was Willo against us...the guys spent 80% of the time when I was ready to heal in DZ so my Gourds and Mending Spirits were worth crap.
I really believe this ability would be waaaaay less pain in the ass with some proper indicators.

ThatOthell159
05-08-2017, 08:21 PM
I've seen plenty of people who don't step on point even after the whole enemy team is dead.

Even bots stand on point and play the objective.

I'm really starting to wonder if those people are inbred or just fucked in the head when they were young. SMH.

GaoShun
05-08-2017, 09:34 PM
I've seen plenty of people who don't step on point even after the whole enemy team is dead.

I'm really starting to wonder if those people are inbred or just fucked in the head when they were young. SMH.

I once had the most objective time, as Skye (Timber Mill I think) and both team had an FL and Supp

ThatOthell159
05-08-2017, 09:47 PM
I once had the most objective time, as Skye (Timber Mill I think) and both team had an FL and Supp

You know your team consists of retarded people if a Skye has the most objective time - especially on Timber Mills.

CandySuxxx
05-08-2017, 09:49 PM
Normally id never step on the objective, no matter what im playing D:

ThatOthell159
05-08-2017, 09:53 PM

FAKE NEWS.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0Iyau7QcKtKUYIda/giphy.gif

You always step on objective as Ying when I play with you.

CandySuxxx
05-08-2017, 10:00 PM
Normally i dont play ying, tho im kinda starting to like her a lot, more than damba.

MistPeeps
05-08-2017, 10:00 PM
I would step on the objective if they're both ded.

ThatOthell159
05-08-2017, 10:05 PM
Normally i dont play ying, tho im kinda starting to like her a lot, more than damba.

You will be on in 2 hours? If so let's play together.

Had some REAL RETARDED teammates today, some fucking how I still won all of them, legit divine intervention I'm telling you.

CandySuxxx
05-08-2017, 10:19 PM
Ok i will.

Nudgarrobot
05-08-2017, 11:36 PM
I want to put this here.

If the point is empty, and you've won the fight, it's not the frontliner's job to be on point. It's the support's job.
The frontliner should be forward of the point helping the DPS and flanks zone the enemy from it for the next fight. :V

Edit: If you have a sniper (Sha Lin or Kinessa) depending on the map it can be their job instead of the support's. But that depends on the sightlines they can have from point.

LookGooD
05-09-2017, 01:24 AM
I want to put this here.

If the point is empty, and you've won the fight, it's not the frontliner's job to be on point. It's the support's job.
The frontliner should be forward of the point helping the DPS and flanks zone the enemy from it for the next fight. :V

Edit: If you have a sniper (Sha Lin or Kinessa) depending on the map it can be their job instead of the support's. But that depends on the sightlines they can have from point.

++++++++++++

Chloerie
05-09-2017, 02:39 AM
I want to put this here.

+1
This. I'd rather zone them off with my Scorchnando than stand on point and be a sitting duck.

Siphili
05-09-2017, 02:51 AM

"I will pull / put you on your Position!" (Makoa)

Valkure
05-09-2017, 04:50 AM
1) ask for them to do their job
2) no change in game strategy
3) ask if they're bot
4) receive "no, why?" answers
5) report for intentional feeding
Not solved, but my nerves feel better.

Same as for only healer healing his/her friend, instead of the tank alone on the point. I've lost too many games for this idiotic behavior.

Sure, with the rest of the team spamming VHS because they think you should ALSO be into enemy base to heal them there.
Oh, and of course, in the meanwhile, all flankers come to the obj to kill the support, who is ALONE, while the other 4 are pretending to be Rambo in the jungle.

This. I'd rather zone them off with my Scorchnando than stand on point and be a sitting duck.
but it's ok for the support to be the sitting duck. Understood.

And then you ask yourself why people don't like to play support! Ah, yes, it's because everyone blames the defeat on them, but never actually help them.

Nudgarrobot
05-09-2017, 10:14 AM
1) ask for them to do their job
2) no change in game strategy
3) ask if they're bot
4) receive "no, why?" answers
5) report for intentional feeding
Not solved, but my nerves feel better.

Same as for only healer healing his/her friend, instead of the tank alone on the point. I've lost too many games for this idiotic behavior.

Sure, with the rest of the team spamming VHS because they think you should ALSO be into enemy base to heal them there.
Oh, and of course, in the meanwhile, all flankers come to the obj to kill the support, who is ALONE, while the other 4 are pretending to be Rambo in the jungle.

but it's ok for the support to be the sitting duck. Understood.

And then you ask yourself why people don't like to play support! Ah, yes, it's because everyone blames the defeat on them, but never actually help them.

Your lack of any faith in humanity is astounding. Also, you don't get people slipping by your zone unless your team is totally potato. And if your team is totally potato, they're not going to properly zone anyway. Potato tanks just idle on the point.

I've never had a team spamming VHS whether I'm on support or not. One or two Fernandos, on occasion, but that's about it.
And in response to that argument, that's why Seris and Maldamba are strong in the pro scene. They can heal at long range, just by a peek to their LoS. Ying is falling out because she can't keep up with the dive driven compositions that are strong right now, and so she's less helpful for forward zoning. Same with grover or Grohk.

MadEngineer
05-09-2017, 10:35 AM
Seris is great for staying on the point. If the map is open enough, she can heal anyone from there, and if for some reason someone attacks her while she's alone, she can just disappear, and if the team doesn't come back to help her it's their fault. I think leaving the support on the point while everyone else attacks is not as great though, because if someone else stayed behind, she could heal the ones who are attacking the enemy base. But that leaves the question, who should stay behind?
That said, if the point is empty, the closest player should at least try to capture, and if the enemy is at 90% or more, I don't care who you are, you should try to get an overtime.

ChameleonBro
05-09-2017, 01:29 PM

It isn't. It is a strong single target heal which makes you decide who to heal. You can't heal everyone like the others.

Wallachia
05-09-2017, 01:33 PM
You know your team consists of retarded people if a Skye has the most objective time - especially on Timber Mills.

You know your team is highly retarded when you play as Maeve and you are the one pushing the payload while your team is playing deathmatch.

CaoCao777
05-09-2017, 03:51 PM
i usually get more objective time as evie than frontliners

it really sucks

and then i get the frontliner saying WTF EVIE FLANK DO YOUR JOB
and iam like OMFG IAM ONLY PERSON ON THE OBJECTIVE GET ON THE FUCKING POINT TANK

i was made to be a frontliner ... buuut their kits are all sooo booooring
barik (before he was nerfed .. guess he's buffed again tho) and torvald were fun for me for awhile but it gets lame

OzzyOzzy
05-09-2017, 05:24 PM
I don't like zoning. Always been a dick tactic to me.

In competitive it's fine (I guess), but i really don't count wins/losses if it was done so by zoning. Especially in casual.

Nudgarrobot
05-09-2017, 07:01 PM

In competitive it's fine (I guess), but i really don't count wins/losses if it was done so by zoning. Especially in casual.

That doesn't really make sense. It's just playing strategically. In high level casuals, the enemy team will try to zone you as well. You just have to get good at breaking zones and maintaining your own. Game isn't fun if everyone just idles on point all the time, at least in my opinion.

BastionTopPlays
05-09-2017, 07:33 PM
Been tanking as Fernando, and most of my games are just me in some 1v3 struggle. No idea where everyone else is.

Flanking is definitely easier than anything to do anywhere near the objective. It won't be long til I also become allergic to it.

QcDiablo
05-09-2017, 08:49 PM
I've never had a team spamming VHS whether I'm on support or not. One or two Fernandos, on occasion, but that's about it.

Then you don't serach well enough.
I often see a Maeve asking for healing when she's trying to spawn kill 1v5 the enemy team. Then she [obviously] dies and says we're all noobs.

RangerWolf
05-09-2017, 09:41 PM
people just play to kill apparently, Why play the game then? Add a TDM Mode. Sooth the people who just wanna shoot

xCrippled
05-09-2017, 09:56 PM
I want to put this here.

They don't do that though, they go in a corner and bitch about healing

Valkure
05-10-2017, 02:45 AM
Your lack of any faith in humanity is astounding.
Indeed, thanks for the compliment! ^^

Also, you don't get people slipping by your zone unless your team is totally potato.
If you had seen some posts by me, lately, you should had noticed that I am often complaining about MM putting me and my boyfriend in teams with very low skill players, against full diamonds. So, yes, lately the vast majority of our teams are "totally potato". It is not their fault, it's MM: they should had been paired with newer players too.
I don't want a tank dead alone on the point, but when on the point there are 5 enemies, and tank+healer are struggling to survive, because there's no dmg, if we ask repeatedly for more dmg on the point, seeing the other 3 going around for the moorland doing... well, I haven't figured out what yet (not even flanking!), will led to a bit of frustration, believe me.
Sincerely, I think you're not getting the problem all the people here are reporting because you probably have a very high elo, so you're matched with/against better players, than random newbies. Yesterday my team was in the range of 10-12. Playing since 2 weeks. And I now it because they've stated this on the voice chat. It has been... gross :-/

I've never had a team spamming VHS whether I'm on support or not.
good for you. I had VHS spamming even when winning and my support got best healer with 150k heals. Just to say.
When a bad player dies, s/he doesn't think it's because s/he's bad positioned, against too many enemies, or few with Cauterize 3. It's because the support doesn't heal him/her (and just him/her). I win best healer in 95% of my games. Still, full of VHS.

That said, if the point is empty, the closest player should at least try to capture, and if the enemy is at 90% or more, I don't care who you are, you should try to get an overtime.
Won 2 games on test map, yesterday, like this. Dim-link with Ying here and there on the point, and blinking with Evie :-D

I esteem you u.u It's not an honorable play style.

Been tanking as Fernando, and most of my games are just me in some 1v3 struggle. No idea where everyone else is.
Moorland is SO interesting...

UmbranMage
05-10-2017, 03:29 AM
Yeah its true that willo's abilities are really good or as one might say "OP" but as a dmg champ she is really weak, her dmg is just 500 which is very bad especially in 1v1 fights against flanks where anyone can easily KO her if her seedling does not hit and chances are that they wont as every champ has some sort of escape ability and will escape the seedling dmg and her escape flutter has really less range so it doesnt even matter if she uses it or not, u can still see where she lands and KO her there.The Dead Zone and seedling are her strengths as she is very good in point control with them but if u just take her out, u dont need to be scared of her as any flank can do that and i know many ppl in paladins are dumb noobs who just take lvl 4 viktor and spam LMB but there are many ways to counter her if u just play right like tell ur dmg champs to go after her or anyone and 1v1 her cus i assure u that she can never win a 1v1 unless her seedling lands on u which is very rare as u probably will escape the moment u notice it. And to counter her dead zone, well that has a 15 second cooldown so once she uses it, she cannot do it anymore so u just stall out the 4 or 5 seconds of dead zone and then heal all u want.The main point is, every champ is op in their own way so it all comes down to u how well u strategize and play and how u counter the situation, that makes u a good player so rather than hating on a champ for being op and make them end up like maeve, we should try to come up with ideas to counter that champ as i not seen a single post about strategising, all posts are just hating on willo cuz they cannot deal with her.Maeve is pretty useless atm and hirez clearly did that cus the community is full of noobs who cannot deal with her and i assure u if this complaining goes on, willo too will end up like her and the same goes for the rest of the future champs as they will too have some sort of op ability that everyone will hate on.U cant expect everyone to be balanced and plain to kill them easily, some champs need special support to make them counter some other champs.Willo needs op abilities bcuz her general self-sustenance is pretty bad and her cooldowns are also alot and her dmg is very poor for a dmg champ.

GaoShun
05-10-2017, 03:29 AM

Flanking is definitely easier than anything to do anywhere near the objective. It won't be long til I also become allergic to it.

Dude, if it always 1 on 3, maybe... it is you who got separated.

WeaknOld
05-10-2017, 03:51 AM
The right way to play it is to outright ignore the objective and go play team deathmatch.

Tharindu207
05-10-2017, 03:59 AM
Yeah its true that willo's abilities are really good or as one might say "OP" but as a dmg champ she is really weak, her dmg is just 500 which is very bad especially in 1v1 fights against flanks where anyone can easily KO her if her seedling does not hit and chances are that they wont as every champ has some sort of escape ability and will escape the seedling dmg and her escape flutter has really less range so it doesnt even matter if she uses it or not, u can still see where she lands and KO her there.The Dead Zone and seedling are her strengths as she is very good in point control with them but if u just take her out, u dont need to be scared of her as any flank can do that and i know many ppl in paladins are dumb noobs who just take lvl 4 viktor and spam LMB but there are many ways to counter her if u just play right like tell ur dmg champs to go after her or anyone and 1v1 her cus i assure u that she can never win a 1v1 unless her seedling lands on u which is very rare as u probably will escape the moment u notice it. And to counter her dead zone, well that has a 15 second cooldown so once she uses it, she cannot do it anymore so u just stall out the 4 or 5 seconds of dead zone and then heal all u want.The main point is, every champ is op in their own way so it all comes down to u how well u strategize and play and how u counter the situation, that makes u a good player so rather than hating on a champ for being op and make them end up like maeve, we should try to come up with ideas to counter that champ as i not seen a single post about strategising, all posts are just hating on willo cuz they cannot deal with her.Maeve is pretty useless atm and hirez clearly did that cus the community is full of noobs who cannot deal with her and i assure u if this complaining goes on, willo too will end up like her and the same goes for the rest of the future champs as they will too have some sort of op ability that everyone will hate on.U cant expect everyone to be balanced and plain to kill them easily, some champs need special support to make them counter some other champs.Willo needs op abilities bcuz her general self-sustenance is pretty bad and her cooldowns are also alot and her dmg is very poor for a dmg champ.

Dude, how am I supposed to read this! Break it into some passages bro. :p

I agree about Willo not being OP as people claim. When I first read the patch notes I thought she would be game breaking OP(I didn't whine on the forums though) But after playing as Willo and playing against Willo I can say that she's actually an annoying weak champion rather than OP.

I see the seedling and deadzone as CC abilities more than damage abilities. Sure, with strategic placing AND some luck you can do a hell of lot damage with seedling but what kind of noob would not run away the second they see the seedling indicator.

Deadzone is also annoying thing but not too damaging for smart/experienced players. But it can be devastating against Grohk and Mal'damba, as their healing is (mostly)stationary.

Labreris
05-10-2017, 04:15 AM
Yup. It locks on to targets, heals for 1000 hps, (damba's heal is 280 hps for the snake, 200 hps for the gourd)

UmbranMage
05-10-2017, 08:04 AM
Yup. It locks on to targets, heals for 1000 hps, (damba's heal is 280 hps for the snake, 200 hps for the gourd)

Lol i just read a post that said seris is a really bad healer and should get buffs and now here ppl are saying she is op.Everyone thinks their own way, so whats the point in stating who is op or not.

Wallachia
05-10-2017, 08:08 AM

Conversely, you are stuck healing one person for 3 seconds then waiting other 3 seconds, while the rest of your team is completely devoid of healing for 6 seconds.

(There is a way to switch, but it makes double-healing bad for her)

Tangtaizong
05-10-2017, 08:08 AM
That's Paladins for you, you pick one class and the other class in your team would be retarded 90% of the time

Peinzius
05-10-2017, 09:48 AM
1)And then you ask yourself why people don't like to play support! Ah, yes, it's because everyone blames the defeat on them, but never actually help them.

Help the healers? xD. No one helps the healers, they should always be in the exact right positioning, have all their abilities all the time, focusing healing only on Sha Lin, cancel out any cauterize or other anti-heals, and never die! It's really not that hard!