PDA

View Full Version : Pip is slightly OP at the moment

Alfoo
05-05-2017, 12:43 PM
Pip sub-role Flank, he does an enormous amount of AOE damage, and for a support champion, thats a bit too much, I would like to suggest you lowering down his damage for at least 10%.

Am I the only one who this Pip flank is cancer?

Wallachia
05-05-2017, 12:56 PM
"Enormous amount of AOE damage" - 600.

Ying's two clones deal 1000 AOE damage.

Mal'Damba can have an area-based AoE damage + slow.

Seris deal little damage per shot, but she can go from 1% to 100% after surviving a 1v5.

Grohk can play Damage-who-heals, even if single target, and his slow skill bounces and ricochets on half of the enemy team.

No, Pip isn't really OP.

Sasquatchias
05-05-2017, 02:38 PM
I think the only thing that needs to be looked at on Pip is the combination of his Mega Health Potion Legendary (heals twice as much) and his card that reduces Health Potion's cooldown based on how many people he hits.

Other than that I think he is alright in terms of balance.

Huttmunkkeeeys
05-05-2017, 03:11 PM
The only thing that's OP about Pip is his Healing Potion Exploit, and that's technically a bug.

I do find Flank Pips annoying, but it's not because of their damage, it's because they do almost no healing on possibly one of the strongest healers in the game. And as for the whole damage thing, you do realize that Seris and Grohk can drop more damage then Pip can.

Labreris
05-05-2017, 03:15 PM
Totally agree on this, they should make you unable to shoot during weightless, like maeve's speed buff, or nerf the sprint card, 40% extra jump speed is downright broken, it makes you unhittable, I don't know what Hi-Rez was thinking.

Labreris
05-05-2017, 03:16 PM
Ying's two clones is pathetic, besides Pip puts out way too much dmg too fast and his projectiles fly way faster than bk's and have a tighter arc, making it sort of equal to bk's attacks, which is insane for a support.

Wallachia
05-05-2017, 03:19 PM
Ying's two clones is pathetic, besides Pip puts out way too much dmg too fast and his projectiles fly way faster than bk's and have a tighter arc, making it sort of equal to bk's attacks, which is insane for a support.

Lol?

Ying's clones can hurt the entire enemy team at once, with the card that reduces her cooldown each time a clone is destroyed you can basically spam clones in the middle of the enemy team while shooting, not to mention the good ol' teleport > teleport > shatter > teleport> teleport > shatter. She can put out 3k damage in seconds.

Fyrefox45
05-05-2017, 03:20 PM
Totally agree on this, they should make you unable to shoot during weightless, like maeve's speed buff, or nerf the sprint card, 40% extra jump speed is downright broken, it makes you unhittable, I don't know what Hi-Rez was thinking.

Sprint is busted and not working afaik.

HKgamer13
05-05-2017, 03:35 PM
I play Pip allot and here is my breakdown

1. Healing: I dont heal as Pip, even if there is a bug, I wont exploit it, I preffer healing as Ying or Grover even. And Pip (and Seris) are the only healers who have one healing skill.

2. Damage, its true that Pip can do allot of AOE damage, thats why hes one of my favorite champions, and why I use Catalyst in 98% of my Pip matches.
Heres the math relting Catalyst
(With Catalyst: Eplosive flask+2 shots within the duration of the catalyst's mark=1800,
without Catalyst: Eplosive flask (120) and two shots (1200)=1320

If your lucky eneugh, you might be able to kill Sha Lin and Kinnesa if their RIGHT next to each other.

3. Sprint: I dont use it, and I doubt allot of ppl would choose that if theyr willing to weaken Explosive flask, thats the main part of his kit for me atleast for descent damage and lifedrain.

4. Counters: you seriusly dont think how to counter Pip, how about a fussilide droggoz wich can 2 shot him (Pip hes disantvantage hitting any thing in the air), plus Maeve can counter him cause she can double/triple jump. Also andro who can stay in the air(also its less hard too land head shots on him. My best tip for Pip would be to aim for feet, and if they can stay above your blast radius, ur gonna have a bad time.

Huttmunkkeeeys
05-05-2017, 03:54 PM

Pip, if you use Catalyst with an Explosive Flask focused build, can deal 2520 damage in 3 seconds. That seems like quite a bit of damage, but let's look at a couple of other Supports. Seris can drop about 4100 damage in 3 seconds, and with the right build this can be even higher. Grohk can drop around 2725 damage with his Damage build (if I did my math right). Bomb Ying I believe can drop about 3000 damage in about 3 seconds. Pip may be annoying to deal with, but he does not have the highest damage output in the Support class.

Fyrefox45
05-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Seris does at best 734 dps, or 2200 in 3 seconds into a single target. No idea where you're getting her 4100 number from, without jacking up pips damage through the roof for the same numbers hit. Sure, Seris can hit multiple enemies. It's not super dependable though, and you'll almost never land more than a seconds worth before they break through a choke and spread out.

Huttmunkkeeeys
05-05-2017, 04:19 PM
I play Pip allot and here is my breakdown

1. Healing: I dont heal as Pip, even if there is a bug, I wont exploit it, I preffer healing as Ying or Grover even. And Pip (and Seris) are the only healers who have one healing skill.

2. Damage, its true that Pip can do allot of AOE damage, thats why hes one of my favorite champions, and why I use Catalyst in 98% of my Pip matches.
Heres the math relting Catalyst
(With Catalyst: Eplosive flask+2 shots within the duration of the catalyst's mark=1800,
without Catalyst: Eplosive flask (120) and two shots (1200)=1320

If your lucky eneugh, you might be able to kill Sha Lin and Kinnesa if their RIGHT next to each other.

3. Sprint: I dont use it, and I doubt allot of ppl would choose that if theyr willing to weaken Explosive flask, thats the main part of his kit for me atleast for descent damage and lifedrain.

4. Counters: you seriusly dont think how to counter Pip, how about a fussilide droggoz wich can 2 shot him (Pip hes disantvantage hitting any thing in the air), plus Maeve can counter him cause she can double/triple jump. Also andro who can stay in the air(also its less hard too land head shots on him. My best tip for Pip would be to aim for feet, and if they can stay above your blast radius, ur gonna have a bad time.

I predominantly play healing/ damage build with Pip depending on Team Comp. Funny thing is, most people think Pip is absolute garbage as a healer, until they see me get nearly 2X's the healing as the enemy Ying.

As for Sprint card, I do use this card, however, it's usually Sprint 1 on my healing builds. I use it as a preposition tool to help me get behind my allies shields or to put myself in a position to heal my team more effectively.

As for the counters, I do agree with Drogoz and Ando, if they are in the air. However, Maeve, at least for me, is one of the easiest flanks to deal with. Granted, I don't play Flank Pip so I'm usually near our frontline or another Damage, giving me a form of a safety net. Unless she's using her heal build with CC cleansing, she's quite easy to slow and drop most of her health, and since I'm near an ally, they typically help me in finishing her off. If anything, the best way to deal with a Flanking Pip is to pick up Cauterize 2, since Flank Pip is Virtually Buck with less health.

WolfGamez5
05-06-2017, 02:49 AM
The one thing I think think should be changed should be his Explosive Potion, either its duration or potency should be reduced. Not because it is OP and broken, it is far from it. It is just not fun to play against, it frustrates every player I have ever talked to about it, it gives the player using it a free kill if flanking, and is just not fair to the player on the other end.

Alfoo
05-06-2017, 10:39 AM
Again played against Pip flank, this is a pure definition of cancer.

Nerf his explosive flask legendary at least ... Freaking rabbit-rat thing ...

Doxthehippy
05-06-2017, 10:45 AM
I really dont find Pip OP at the moment, he does his job well as a dps or healer, and he is relatively easy to burst down even if he tries to self heal. The reason you may find him op is because of the experienced pip players trying to grind his title recently

Doxthehippy
05-06-2017, 10:47 AM
I dont believe that need a nerf, its a different play style for him that almost strips him as a viable healer

Alfoo
05-06-2017, 10:54 AM
He's like out of role now, everyone is playing him as flank / damage dealer, acting like similar to Buck, explosive flask is a problem, too much CC, and most of players don't even take resiliance...

Joquan
05-06-2017, 10:57 AM
Lol?
Ying's clones can hurt the entire enemy team at once, .

??? what game are you playing that has the enemies grouped like its a viktors wet dream?

EvieIV
05-06-2017, 11:36 AM
??? what game are you playing that has the enemies grouped like its a viktors wet dream?

paladins in brasil server

Wallachia
05-06-2017, 11:42 AM

Potato Tier competitive. People there take the point and only sometimes the enemy flank goes to enemy base to push the attack. All the times, however, everyone likes to cluster on the payload. Then I defend the payload alone as Ying and they accuse me of hacking.

EvieIV
05-06-2017, 12:00 PM
Potato Tier competitive. People there take the point and only sometimes the enemy flank goes to enemy base to push the attack. All the times, however, everyone likes to cluster on the payload. Then I defend the payload alone as Ying and they accuse me of hacking.

well how is that relevant to any balance. "these guys are playing wrong and im doing this as ying to punish them so it means ying must be op"

Wallachia
05-06-2017, 12:03 PM
well how is that relevant to any balance. "these guys are playing wrong and im doing this as ying to punish them so it means ying must be op"

Well, if you distort what I said, then it's really not relevant at all, specially because I never said that Ying is OP. I was making a point that Willo's Q skill is not OP because the other guy has his clones destroyed at once. I'm talking exactly about how targets clustered together mean nothing to decide if something is OP or not.

EvieIV
05-06-2017, 12:05 PM
Well, if you distort what I said, then it's really not relevant at all, specially because I never said that Ying is OP. I was making a point that Willo's Q skill is not OP because the other guy has his clones destroyed at once. I'm talking exactly about how targets clustered together mean nothing to decide if something is OP or not.

well dont put that example then. thats what it felt you were saying

Wallachia
05-06-2017, 12:05 PM
well dont put that example then. thats what it felt you were saying

Not my fault if you weren't able to understand my example. Why am I even having this conversation with you anyways?

Alfoo
05-06-2017, 12:40 PM
And how are your posts relevant to this topic? Please continue arguing in Offtopic chat.