PDA

View Full Version : Make Seris take skill to play

Labreris
05-05-2017, 10:54 AM
Seris takes no skill to use, her rmb heal is a lock on heal, her escape is so forgiving, invulnerability and stealth? And her detonate soul charges ability often heals her to full hp or close if you get caught out by a flanker, so just holding down m1 and detonating soul charges keeps you alive for way too long.

LiAsmurf
05-05-2017, 11:09 AM
Lock-on solo heal. Invis + invul. Health pool, model size, self heals.
Spammy attack with big hitbox

Well, maybe... neutral about this o.o

Fyrefox45
05-05-2017, 11:55 AM
If she takes no skill, I'll assume you have a 90% win rate with her?

Tangtaizong
05-05-2017, 12:05 PM
Yeah, that aimbot and wallhack is bullsh... We aren't talking about Lex?

SnowzStormz
05-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Seris takes more skill to play then Lex. More then half the players i see take seris dont use her to her potential.

Seris feels pretty balanced to me her heal although lock on can easily hit the wrong team member when grouped up so you have to be overly cautious when aiming.
I think she has good sustain but weaker heals then ying or mal. Her escape has to use loadout points to lower the activation w/o the points its useless in an emergency situation.
The self detonate is on a mid tier cd so its not always available. But she has alot of goos loadout cards for different playstyles.
From what ive seen she is kinda getting a bad rep as a support similair to pip and for the same reasons. I think a good pip or seris can control games with there decision making more so then the other supports.

Sasquatchias
05-05-2017, 12:41 PM
Yeah, that aimbot and wallhack is bullsh... We aren't talking about Lex?

Just because one character is bullshit doesn't mean another character isn't bullshit.

Seris has one of the absolute easiest and spammy attacks in the game, has what amounts to Zeus's Detonate from SMITE, her heal though single target is incredibly easy to get off, etc...

One of these things has to go, and I vote for her spammy large autos.

Rhaenxys
05-05-2017, 01:19 PM
Just because one character is bullshit doesn't mean another character isn't bullshit.

Seris has one of the absolute easiest and spammy attacks in the game, has what amounts to Zeus's Detonate from SMITE, her heal though single target is incredibly easy to get off, etc...

Seriously, how easy is to avoid seris projectiles? yes they are easy to spam but except on small/close maps it has a harder time to hit than the other healer attack methods, i dont have any problem with it, playing as seris or against seris, is even refreshing to see different kind of attacks.

Also, most heals are extremely easy to use, seris is not an exception, since when is this a problem? ying illusions are basically healing bots, fire and forget, only maldamba mending spirits takes skill.

Her escape is basically a must if you create a champion who cant attack and heal at the same time, she needs a powerfull repositioning tool.

She is very well balanced at this moment.

RogueRifler
05-05-2017, 01:48 PM
I think Seris is fine in terms of balance, however I don't think she's fun to play because her kit lacks the potential to reward skill. Her three abilities cannot miss and her primary fire is too slow to do any sort of reasonable prediction with. So she's a spam bot that turns into a heal bot when she rclicks. I thought that we weren't going to see healers with lock on heal abilities, ala Mercy / The Medic, I guess that changed.

Nudgarrobot
05-05-2017, 02:12 PM
I actually disagree. Playing around her stealth and using her heal to reset her cooldowns is super fun. The lock on just makes it a somewhat worse version of Maldamba's healing (Worse not in HP/S but rather in multitasking capability) which I find perfectly fine.

I enjoy Seris a lot when paired with a good Skye, actually. As much shit as I give Skye, and everyone else does too, if you make a build around Seris' stealth you can have some really cheeky duo stealth flanks with them. And the ult synergy helps a lot, too.

I main Mercy in OW, and I mained Spy/Medic in TF2. I don't think Seris feels at all like either one of them. Basically just because a lot of people play her as a heal/spam bot doesn't mean that that's her most effective playstyle, and doesn't mean that's the only way to play her.

Most Seris players I've seen haven't used her to nearly her full capabilities.

Fyrefox45
05-05-2017, 02:14 PM

Her autos aren't even fast enough to keep up with a sprinting Viktor as it is. If anything, they need a tiny speed boost, not a nerf.

Nudgarrobot
05-05-2017, 02:18 PM
Her autos aren't even fast enough to keep up with a sprinting Viktor as it is. If anything, they need a tiny speed boost, not a nerf.

They're built to punish aggression, not retreats. They're fine.

Fyrefox45
05-05-2017, 02:25 PM
They're built to punish aggression, not retreats. They're fine.

Oh they're definitely ok where they are. It's just odd to have 1 character totally immune to her fire, because he moves faster than said fire. Their size and or speed certainly don't need nerfs like this guy wants though.

MarKr
05-05-2017, 02:28 PM
Seris can heal ONE champion for good amount of HP but there are so many trade-offs. Her healing is channeled and during healing she cannot do anything else - she cannot attack, she cannot go stealth etc. and if she wants to escape she needs to stop healing her target. The result is that usually you either have very decent healing score but low damage (when you use healing build) or decent damage but low healing (when you use damage build) and this is what makes he different from other Supports - they just deploy some healing ability which is sort of "fire and forget" style and while the ability heals they can CC or deal damage.
She simply needs her escape ability because without it she is very easy target for any flanker. Problem is that many people only care about their kill-count and when they go after Seris, she escapes and they are like "WTF??? I would have gotten that kill! This sucks!!!" but they don't see that when she escapes, she cannot heal. So when you force to use her escape ability you already put her team into disadvantage. Not to mention that Cauterize makes her life more miserable than any other Support's. Also she has trouble in double-FL team compositions because she has hard time keeping alive two high-HP characters at the same time - AoE healers are way better at this.

I don't really see a problem with her.

Valkure
05-08-2017, 02:07 AM
All main supports here, eh?
So, from a real main support: Seris has big problems. She can maximize her heal, but she has to focus just on that. She has a single target heal, plus healing is the only thing she can do in those seconds.
If I am Mal'damba, I shoot my RMB heal and go to do something else. If I am Ying, Grover, Pip, Grohk, I press Q and go to do something else. Seris is even unable to RELOAD while healing. If you heal, you can't do anything beside that, plus, you are still healing just one teammate.
You are all whining about flank/dmg Seris. She doesn't heal, but spam projectiles all around. End of the match with so few heals, that the tank has usually died about 23 times.
Whining about dmg-Seris is like whining about flank-Pip: "s/he has high dmg and can heal!", yes, but s/he's actually not healing anyone but him/herself, so s/he's still not OP.
I don't like Seris at all: I can heal or I can help on the point, but I can't do both, while all other supports let you play in both roles at the same time. Seris is not OP, just learn how to deal with her.

I enjoy Seris a lot when paired with a good Skye, actually. As much shit as I give Skye, and everyone else does too, if you make a build around Seris' stealth you can have some really cheeky duo stealth flanks with them. And the ult synergy helps a lot, too.
Seen? I was right: those using her with good results aren't focusing on healing.

[...]
Thanks!

DoarRaz
05-08-2017, 03:39 AM
Even if you dont need a good aim to play Seris,you need a good game sense. I've seen so many players being bad playing her,healing only the tank,not looking everywhere on the map. Also you need to know when to cancel the healing,which teammate to heal next,when to attack,when to reposition,when to use F,when to cancel F. There are many important decisions that you need to take when you play this champion.

LĂ©onardDeVinci
05-08-2017, 04:01 AM
Even if you dont need a good aim to play Seris,you need a good game sense. I've seen so many players being bad playing her,healing only the tank,not looking everywhere on the map. Also you need to know when to cancel the healing,which teammate to heal next,when to attack,when to reposition,when to use F,when to cancel F. There are many important decisions that you need to take when you play this champion.

^This agree 100%

GaoShun
05-08-2017, 04:36 AM
All main supports here, eh?
So, from a real main support: Seris has big problems. She can maximize her heal, but she has to focus just on that. She has a single target heal, plus healing is the only thing she can do in those seconds.
If I am Mal'damba, I shoot my RMB heal and go to do something else. If I am Ying, Grover, Pip, Grohk, I press Q and go to do something else. Seris is even unable to RELOAD while healing. If you heal, you can't do anything beside that, plus, you are still healing just one teammate.

this is the truth

KebabCrusher
05-08-2017, 04:58 AM
If she takes no skill, I'll assume you have a 90% win rate with her?Skill ceiling =/= how powerful.

Valkrona
05-08-2017, 05:06 AM
I can't help but think that the people who actually complain about Seris' slow orbs are just plain bad players. Seriously, who really gets caught by those things?

Anyway, I'm assuming OP thinks Grover takes even less skill than Seris since he doesn't have to do anything to heal but simply exist.

Seris isn't OP or braindead. She can only heal one person at a time and she has her Shadow Travel because her damage is pretty unreliable. Yeah her orbs are spammy, but you're never actually doing damage to anyone unless you're spamming them down a cramped up hallway where the entire enemy team would be, which is a situation that would never happen anyhow.

SirGontar
05-08-2017, 05:49 AM
Seris is even unable to RELOAD while healing.

Use Spirit Leech card. :) If you put 3 points on it you will not need to reload never ever - if you heal. :) Maybe just 2 - this helps a lot too.

Otherwise I totally agree with you. I don't like palying with Seris too much (the charater itself is fine, she is like Morrigan from Dragon Age Origins). Only when playing party with Torvald and we sync our ults in certain maps. :D

Valkure
05-08-2017, 05:59 AM
Use Spirit Leech card. :) If you put 3 points on it you will not need to reload never ever - if you heal. :) Maybe just 2 - this helps a lot too.
Yes, I've seen some loadout in that direction, but I prefer using 1) total heal loadout, for double tank composition; 2) a self-sustain loadout, for single tank/no tank, so that I am able to stay alive longer (since, you know, no one ever help the healer, but they all shout at you when they die...)

WarMongger
05-08-2017, 10:50 AM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/221/162/746.jpg

TouFuub
05-08-2017, 11:09 AM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/221/162/746.jpg

Can you be even more random ~.~

ChameleonBro
05-08-2017, 02:02 PM
Seris takes more skill to play then Lex. More then half the players i see take seris dont use her to her potential.

Seris feels pretty balanced to me her heal although lock on can easily hit the wrong team member when grouped up so you have to be overly cautious when aiming.
I think she has good sustain but weaker heals then ying or mal. Her escape has to use loadout points to lower the activation w/o the points its useless in an emergency situation.
The self detonate is on a mid tier cd so its not always available. But she has alot of goos loadout cards for different playstyles.
From what ive seen she is kinda getting a bad rep as a support similair to pip and for the same reasons. I think a good pip or seris can control games with there decision making more so then the other supports.

^^ This right here. I agree, she is one of the most balanced characters in the game.