PDA

View Full Version : Buff Inara a bit more

EnKrYan
05-02-2017, 07:23 AM
I love Inara. I don't care what other people say that playing her is boring. For me, she isn't, and I'm damn sure some of you think so too. However, I do agree with most people saying that she really isn't that viable compared to other tank lines. She isn't really that "effective" in most games.

I'd appreciate some small buff to her, especially to her warder's field. It's just to small to pose any hazard to anyone who isn't standing right in front of you. I propose either an increase on the area of the warders field and/or a way to place it further from Inara (similar to Ying's clones).

Her wall is alright, but I think its base cooldown should be reduced by around 4 seconds or so, and make the legendary only reduce its cooldown by 3 seconds, but at the same time making the wall a bit bigger to add more usefulness in open area maps.

For me, her LMB is fine after the buff in OB48; you can do a lot of damage by simply outlasting your opponents in the battlefield, which is something I like about her.

Her RMB is decent, no comment about it.

A buff to her ult would be especially nice; Maybe increasing the stun time to 3 seconds? Or maybe reduce the delay before she actually throws the spear (maybe release it right at the start of welcome in "YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE")

These are just my thoughts; feel free to share yours too. I really just want to be able to choose Inara in comp without people flaming me for choosing her :(

EvieIV
05-02-2017, 07:33 AM
could do but she's already viable now that seris exists and stone keep is the way it is

EnKrYan
05-02-2017, 10:53 AM
could do but she's already viable now that seris exists and stone keep is the way it is

I agree that, with Seris and her weapon buff, she has become more viable. 70% damage reduction while getting 2000hp over 2seconds every 3 seconds? Hell yea!

But stone keep? Sure, she can do alot on the capture point; She can block the entrance to the church thingy and can block most of the enemies' line of sight in front of her. But later on, at the final push, i think her walls become useless. Its a wide open space. You can place a wall along the stairs, but that really doesnt do much. You can place a wall bseide you while you try to block enemy fire, but since their above you, they can still hit you, especially considering how tall Inara is.

TsPixie
05-02-2017, 10:56 AM
i think increasing her basic movement speed will make her allot less annoying to play when it comes to bk's grumpy bomb and skyes ult

Sasquatchias
05-02-2017, 11:21 AM
Personally I'd like to see Inara's Warden Field changed to be a bit more like Terra's Obelisk - have Inara place it down like Ying's clones, give it a bit of a small delay before activation, but upon deployment have it Root any enemies inside it for about 2s or so.

This would give Inara some more CC potential during fights, forcing enemies to spread off the point lest they get stuck in place or allow Inara to lock someone down at a bit of a distance to be engaged upon or delay them to getting to the objective with both her Impasse and the root should they leap over the first one.

EvieIV
05-02-2017, 11:22 AM
I agree that, with Seris and her weapon buff, she has become more viable. 70% damage reduction while getting 2000hp every second? Hell yea!

But stone keep? Sure, she can do alot on the capture point; She can block the entrance to the church thingy and can block most of the enemies' line of sight in front of her. But later on, at the final push, i think her walls become useless. Its a wide open space. You can place a wall along the stairs, but that really doesnt do much. You can place a wall bseide you while you try to block enemy fire, but since their above you, they can still hit you, especially considering how tall Inara is.

1000 hp every sec*
up to 3000 hp in 3sec

EinMeister
05-02-2017, 11:24 AM
Wtf man! she is already good

OzzyOzzy
05-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Inara's only buffing apartment i agree with is to make her Warder's Field a deployable similar to Ying. You usually take a punishing amount of damage from running up to the opponent and placing the warder's field there near them. That's why most probably have that card that increases Inara's defense when near Warder;'s Field in every Inara loadout. Heck, make that effect a Legendary exclusive. Would make the cripple effect all the more terrifying!

EnKrYan
05-02-2017, 11:59 AM
1000 hp every sec*
up to 3000 hp in 3sec

Whoops, my bad. As a seris main, I am ashamed.

HiRezJuJu
05-02-2017, 12:01 PM
Kicking feedback to the designers as always, glad to see another Inara fan! She's probably my favorite front line.

OzzyOzzy
05-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Kicking feedback to the designers as always, glad to see another Inara fan! She's probably my favorite front line.

Hey hey! Didn't expect a Hi-Rezzer to be here! I hope this feedback goes through for some changes to Inara!

EnKrYan
05-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Wtf man! she is already good

BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Jk, she is good, but not for pro level games it seems :(

EnKrYan
05-02-2017, 12:06 PM
Hey hey! Didn't expect a Hi-Rezzer to be here! I hope this feedback goes through for some changes to Inara!

Yes please :D

Rhaenxys
05-02-2017, 02:52 PM
Well everyone has their point of view on what is balanced and what not but i still dont like how dependant Inara is to their healers, here is what, in my opinion need changes:

- I have my doubts about this for quite some time but after a lot of time playing Inara i think both of her healing cards need to be on par with the other tanks (50/100/150/200).

The reason behind this is low hp scenarios, in a critical situation the other tanks, specially torvald and ruckus can use a shield for extra ehp (effective health points) inara can only multiply her current hp for her damage reduction value, quick example would be, ruckus with 500 hp plus his shield becomes 3500, Inara with 500 hp + 50% DR is just inferior, plus ruckus has DR too, even on a greater value and for teammates with the legendary card, also, remember that warden field can be destroyed so it cuts the heal, in the worst case caretaker should be at least on those values.

- Now Impasse, the cooldown without the card is terrible, so for me at least there is two options:
- Option 1: Cooldown reduced to 12 seconds, the legendary card reduce the cooldown 4 seconds plus increase the duration for 3 extra seconds (8 sec duration as a result).
- Option 2: Reduce the cooldown to 12, the legendary card can add a second charge to impasse, allowing a second wall to be placed.

- Small range increase to warden field, im against of warden field having the same deploy method as ying clones or impasse, that would make treacherous ground a pain to deal with and also making evie`s ult obsolete.

I know is a lot of changes, specially those for impasse but thats what i feel after playing with Inara for quite some time.

EnKrYan
05-02-2017, 07:25 PM
- I have my doubts about this for quite some time but after a lot of time playing Inara i think both of her healing cards need to be on par with the other tanks (50/100/150/200).

Couldn't agree more. Using 4 points on getting 80 hp/s is stupid considering you have a 4700 hp champion and that she has really high cooldowns on her abilities.

EvieIV
05-02-2017, 07:36 PM
Couldn't agree more. Using 4 points on getting 80 hp/s is stupid considering you have a 4700 hp champion and that she has really high cooldowns on her abilities.

you cant give her that much healing because unlike other frontlines she has mitigation, meaning healing will be relatively more effective (50% less dmg taken means any healing done to her is twice as effective)

now you are forced into having a mr.shield in the team to prevent enemy from rushing cauterize3

EnKrYan
05-02-2017, 08:27 PM
you cant give her that much healing because unlike other frontlines she has mitigation, meaning healing will be relatively more effective (50% less dmg taken means any healing done to her is twice as effective)

Good point, but consider ruckus for a sec. The dude has Repulsor Field (reduces 30% damage taken/ 60% when on point with legendary) and Emitter (3000hp personal shield). He also has the following cards:

Nanotechnology: Heal for 50/100/150/200 hp per second while Emitter is active
and

Opulence: Heal 50/100/150/200 health per second during Repulsor Field.

I'll also quote what @Rhaenxys said earlier:

The reason behind this is low hp scenarios, in a critical situation the other tanks, specially torvald and ruckus can use a shield for extra ehp (effective health points) inara can only multiply her current hp for her damage reduction value, quick example would be, ruckus with 500 hp plus his shield becomes 3500, Inara with 500 hp + 50% DR is just inferior, plus ruckus has DR too, even on a greater value and for teammates with the legendary card, also, remember that warden field can be destroyed so it cuts the heal, in the worst case caretaker should be at least on those values.