PDA

View Full Version : Torvald overpowered.

Theagainman
04-24-2017, 09:37 AM
Hello guys,

I'm kinda new to this game and I really liked it, but it's REALLY unbalanced.

1- I have never managed to kill Torvald, he has some kind of shield that you basically can't hit or damage I don't know, but he just can't die, even when I use multiple time my 'E' special on it, he just CAN'T die. It's really annoying the f*ck out of me.

Also the matchmaking is really unbalanced, or you win 4-0 or you lose 4-0, I rarely see a 4-3, 3-4. It's OR you win EASY, or you LOSE very HARD...

But please nerf/get rid of Torvald first.

Thanks.... leave your feedback and whatever you want.

SirGontar
04-24-2017, 09:47 AM
Again this troll bulls&łßß... http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?38282-The-true-tank

dreadz211
04-24-2017, 11:00 AM
get wrecker instead of deft hands, it will easily melt that shield of torvald.

BurmaJones
04-24-2017, 11:00 AM
His personal shield isn't too bad. Just keep playing, you'll figure stuff out.

sirREGlNALD
04-24-2017, 11:15 AM
Torvald is the most underwhelming tank right now... maybe besides Inara. Just buy wrecker.

WarMongger
04-24-2017, 11:47 AM
look out guys we got a noob who think torvold is OP hahahaahahah pathetic

GGallion
04-24-2017, 12:46 PM
The only thing I think its OP about torvald its hyper beam blasting everyone into space

His damage actually should be buffed because its so low its suffering

a good torvald player will last a long time with his team, yes, but thats true for every front, thats their role

tactics, right picks for load outs and items matter a lot

Again with this shit? Stop offending new players and giving no good suggetions, you look like a child or an teen idiot

grow up, be cool, help people

Theagainman
04-24-2017, 03:04 PM
hahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahah
hahahahahahahahah
so funny I'm almost laughing, watch out guys we got a no-liver right here who's favo game is minekraft

Alfoo
04-24-2017, 03:08 PM
Torvald isn't overpowered, Torvald is balanced, you just need to play smart against him lolz..

sirREGlNALD
04-24-2017, 07:39 PM
Honestly Torvald isn't balanced... He's underwhelming. Which I'm ok with because he just annoys me lol.

Jusey1
04-24-2017, 07:45 PM
Torvald is balanced, but then again. I'm a bit bias there since I'm pretty good as him, and know his weaknesses, while also knowing his strengths.

chewychipzahoy
04-24-2017, 07:55 PM
Some of my best games are played as Torvald. I don't know where people are getting this "underwhelming tank" stuff from, as fighting him 1v1 is never a good idea. The only cause for alarm is when everyone on the enemy team buys wrecker, or when your entire team dies, leaving you to get focus-fired on the point.

One change I'd like to see is a legendary card that allows you to gradually ramp up the power of your gauntlet at the cost of your shield energy. Recharging would set the gauntlet back to base damage.

VoidzCrawler
04-24-2017, 08:19 PM
Hello guys,

I'm kinda new to this game and I really liked it, but it's REALLY unbalanced.

1- I have never managed to kill Torvald, he has some kind of shield that you basically can't hit or damage I don't know, but he just can't die, even when I use multiple time my 'E' special on it, he just CAN'T die. It's really annoying the f*ck out of me.

Also the matchmaking is really unbalanced, or you win 4-0 or you lose 4-0, I rarely see a 4-3, 3-4. It's OR you win EASY, or you LOSE very HARD...

But please nerf/get rid of Torvald first.

Thanks.... leave your feedback and whatever you want. yeah uum a lot of new players complain about Torvald. Just buy wrecker and hit your shots onto him. Please if you are new don't complain until you've gotten better and understood the game mechanics.

Huttmunkkeeeys
04-24-2017, 08:42 PM
If you want to get past his Shield, use wrecker 2 on a champion with relativity high damage out put like Ruckus, Victor, Tyra, or Drogoz. If you are having trouble with his silence or his ult, buy Resilience.

MistPeeps
04-24-2017, 08:50 PM
Bk would be great against torvald

addysomaddy
04-25-2017, 01:28 AM

Lol. What is wrong with this child?

LiAsmurf
04-25-2017, 02:57 AM
Did you know that you can't change to a dps mid-game or you will be at a loss if you buy that ONE card to counter one guy? Please.

ThatOthell159
04-25-2017, 02:58 AM
Torvald so balanced half your team needs wrecker 2/3 to counter him.

Something needs to be reworked about Wrecker and Cauterize.

Theagainman
04-25-2017, 04:10 AM
Again with this shit? Stop offending new players and giving no good suggetions, you look like a child or an teen idiot

grow up, be cool, help people

Thank you bro, your comment had some useful information in it and you're offending anyone :D.

Of course we can't all be as good as WarMongger, he's perfect!

JuriPL
04-25-2017, 04:44 AM
I would say he need slight buffs.

rixinthemix
04-25-2017, 04:46 AM
As an experienced Torvald player, all I can say is that his shield isn't as strong as it looks. His LMB tickles for anyone that's not remotely as squishy as a flank, and Runic Blast has a problem where Blasted enemies do not get Disarmed at a random chance. If the damagers aren't doing their job, then he'll easily go down.

Champions that are best at a distance (i.e., most damagers) will take care of his shield, IF the Torvald decides to stay still on the point. Shutting down his mobility also helps.

SnowTamer
04-25-2017, 06:27 AM
Try not to complain so much when you have ... 'just started'
Play the game more
Btw, wrecker exists. It basically shreds through Torvald (:

ThunderZsolt
04-25-2017, 07:29 AM
I think he is far from overpowered.
He literally can't do anything if you are far from him (unlike Makoa or Ruckus), and it is really easy to do, because he has like zero mobility.

If you play flank, damage or support:
Just keep your distance. He is mostly harmless if you are far away except his ult, so position yourself accordingly. Others suggested buying wrecker - you only need it if your composition has only 1 or 2 high damage champion, otherwise you can just focus fire him down after the more dangerous threats are dispatched. Remember, only waste time killing Torvald after the more dangerous enemies are already dead.

If you play front line against him, things are slightly different, because you need to get close to contest the objective.
Most important thing is to not feed his recharge with shields. Have different loadouts for each frontline, in case you need to face him: for example my go-to builds are focused on emitter with Ruckus, barricade with Barik and I use the half shell legendary with Makoa.
But I switch to damage oriented loadouts if there is a Torvald on the enemy team: Pluck with Makoa, Architects or whatever is it called with Barik and a mobility focused loadout with Ruckus.
My suggestion is to rush resilience, so he can't silence/disarm you, and it also helps against his ult - meaning all he can do is using his pitiful attack (as a FL you can pretty much ignore it unless he has cauterize) and buffing teammates with his Q.

Wibee
04-25-2017, 05:20 PM

Hmm, how can Paldins get more players? I know, lets make a even more toxic community than in WOT..