PDA

View Full Version : The true tank

LiAsmurf
04-24-2017, 05:04 AM
Have you ever seen a torvald on the point on his own with 3 of your teammate (2 dm + 1 skirmisher) and just litterally stand there and m1 all 3 down slowly?

Who the fuck thought giving a character 8000 health with the ability to heal himself WITH a team zarya bubble a good idea.

I swear if they just mix zarya and symmetra tgt its still more balanced than trying too hard for this thing.

EinMeister
04-24-2017, 05:11 AM
Gtfo Overwatch fanboy!

Torvald is killed easy

SirGontar
04-24-2017, 05:17 AM
Torvald is easy to counter cause lack of mobility and short damage range.

Just keep distance + buy wrecker. If you (and/or teammates) has wrecker and not going close to him he becomes almost useless. His healthpool is low without his shield, so even if he has a healer who concentrate on him he dies way faster than Makoa or Fernando at the same situation.

The 3 made the mistake to stay close to him while -I bet- didn't have wrecker. Of course Torvald dominate them.

LiAsmurf
04-24-2017, 09:13 AM
^ certainly logical but there should be no situation where you can stay alive without your team against 3 people for more than 2 seconds, at close range at that (don't forget all champion can out damage this guy at close range due to ramp-up). Buying wrecker for him is like buying illuminate for skye. Don't forget it makes all other 3 option unavailable. Cauterize and +reload are both exceptional skills.

SirGontar
04-24-2017, 09:35 AM
^ certainly logical but there should be no situation where you can stay alive without your team against 3 people for more than 2 seconds, at close range at that

Makoa can do that too under his shield. Fernando too. Barik too if that 3 don't cross his shield. Inara can sustain that 2 sec easy. I'm not sure about this, but Maybe Ruckus too. This is the duty of frontlines.

Still don't understand why those 3 went close range against Torvald and the fact that Torvald was alone make this more understandable for me. If enemy team has Torvald at least one of your damage dealers should buy wrecker.

Practice. This is not OW. Tactic and positioning can be more important here.

Nobody who isn't half brain-dead and play with and against Torvald at least 10-15 match say what you said.

Tangtaizong
04-24-2017, 09:40 AM
This ain't Overwatch, boy. You can't just easily countered someone by swap your character

Theagainman
04-24-2017, 09:42 AM
Gtfo Overwatch fanboy!

Torvald is killed easy
F*ck off it's impossible to kill that f*cking Torvald, get rid of that guy please.

SirGontar
04-24-2017, 09:45 AM
F*ck off it's impossible to kill that f*cking Torvald, get rid of that guy please.

http://i.memeful.com/media/post/WwlrlvR_700wa_0.gif

BurmaJones
04-24-2017, 11:02 AM
This ain't Overwatch, boy. You can't just easily countered someone by swap your character

This. Gotta itemize properly and above all L2P.

dreadz211
04-24-2017, 11:02 AM

buy wrecker

Wallachia
04-24-2017, 11:07 AM
^ certainly logical but there should be no situation where you can stay alive without your team against 3 people for more than 2 seconds, at close range at that (don't forget all champion can out damage this guy at close range due to ramp-up). Buying wrecker for him is like buying illuminate for skye. Don't forget it makes all other 3 option unavailable. Cauterize and +reload are both exceptional skills.

Makoa + the card that allows him to reduce shield cooldown every 3k damage + Leviathan.

There.

NicatsCage
04-24-2017, 11:17 AM
He has really short range,bad mobility and countered by wrecker and also deal 50 damage per second.
Like if you cannot counter Torvald then you are doing something wrong

GGallion
04-24-2017, 12:42 PM
The only thing I think its OP about torvald its hyper beam blasting everyone into space

His damage actually should be buffed because its so low its suffering

a good torvald player will last a long time with his team, yes, but thats true for every front, thats their role

tactics, right picks for load outs and items matter a lot