PDA

View Full Version : Bombking not fun anymore

ICEsmoke
04-23-2017, 06:32 AM
Been a bk player ever since i first played pdins and this latest nerf on bk just wrong, fells so slow ..have noticed no one is playing him anymore.. its because his rate of fire is so sluggish, i mean its just painful to play bk now and not fun anymore.. would of much rather had a damage reduction than rate of fire slowed.

dreadz211
04-23-2017, 08:06 AM
ehhhhh, what...? he is still the same but just a 0.1s slower

ScotHexEyes
04-23-2017, 06:01 PM
Been a bk player ever since i first played pdins and this latest nerf on bk just wrong, fells so slow ..have noticed no one is playing him anymore.. its because his rate of fire is so sluggish, i mean its just painful to play bk now and not fun anymore.. would of much rather had a damage reduction than rate of fire slowed.

I agree.... He's just trash now and getting soloed by ying....
Hi-rez why are you destroying all the fun champions... first maeve... now bombking.... who's next?Androxus?!!?!?

ThatOthell159
04-23-2017, 06:04 PM
You guys are crazy, he is still really strong.

0.1s is really not big of a difference, you just have to get used to it.

Alfoo
04-23-2017, 06:06 PM
bomb king was super OP back in OB47, now you cry cause you gettin' solo killed by Ying? just lol...

ThatOthell159
04-23-2017, 06:08 PM
bomb king was super OP back in OB47, now you cry cause you gettin' solo killed by Ying? just lol...

They aren't completely wrong, kamikaze Ying is quite decent, does tons of damage.

Doesn't necessarily kill, but lowers your health by half and her team finishes the job.

maikisvk3
04-23-2017, 06:09 PM
he's still fun, basically because it has exactly the same playstyle.

and no, i've seen him in a lot of games, so he isn't dead

DaSpyChecker
04-23-2017, 06:29 PM
He does feel less fun, Its strange how big of a difference it seems with just 0.1 seconds . Maybe there is some other hidden nerf or with some lag the difference is bigger.

NURFED
04-23-2017, 06:31 PM

This is true the 0.1 s slower is very noticable with an upclose battle and yes ! He dosnt fell like he used too(sluggish) as you have said.

QcDiablo
04-23-2017, 06:59 PM
I agree, an attack speed nerf shouldn't be applied in any way.
It feels more bad than it actually is.

Nerfing mobility or attack speed is always painful, I feel you.

ICEsmoke
04-23-2017, 07:21 PM
I agree, an attack speed nerf shouldn't be applied in any way.
It feels more bad than it actually is.

Nerfing mobility or attack speed is always painful, I feel you.

Bang on! Nerfing his atack speed is a halfass move
Buff his atack speed and nerf his damage and reload.
I want fast action gameplay not slow slugish high damage play

Wallachia
04-23-2017, 07:38 PM
"Waaaaaaah BK has been nerfed to the ground because of a 0.1 difference, waaaaah I'm a scrub and can't adapt".

Just git gud.

EvieIV
04-23-2017, 07:50 PM
"Waaaaaaah BK has been nerfed to the ground because of a 0.1 difference, waaaaah I'm a scrub and can't adapt".

Just git gud.

dont be a noob the guy is tryna say it feels sluggish

same way lex's rate of fire is weird af, havin 0.6 but reducing the bomb damage to 750 would've been fine enough. no more 2shotting skye, no more oneshotting a ruckus cus u planted many bombs on his rooted ass, but would also not be the stupid ass 0.7 lex clutchy feel

QcDiablo
04-23-2017, 08:17 PM

Just git gud.

The problem is not that BK is not good anymore, it's that nerfing attack speed feels really bad.

Mundal
04-23-2017, 10:43 PM
He does feel less fun, Its strange how big of a difference it seems with just 0.1 seconds . Maybe there is some other hidden nerf or with some lag the difference is bigger.

Idk i guess the raw dps goes down.

WarMongger
04-24-2017, 12:02 PM
i got no problem 1v1 a BK i even pick a seris and my atk is twice as slow then BK and rekt the game and didnt even die once a 1v1 with BK ever heard of blast shield buy that lol

ScotHexEyes
04-24-2017, 12:26 PM
Bang on! Nerfing his atack speed is a halfass move
Buff his atack speed and nerf his damage and reload.
I want fast action gameplay not slow slugish high damage play

I completely agree with you! If Hi-rez wants their players to enjoy the game more they should never nerf attack speed, only damage.
Nerfing bomb king was right thing to do, but the way of the nerf was entirely wrong.
#MakeBombKingGreatAgain

ICEsmoke
04-24-2017, 04:10 PM
Can just get 2 bombs on a stuned player now lol when before u could land 3 to 4.
This nerf for me has affected his chainreaction legend card as well... nerf damage buff atack speed ... this will make his chain card make alot more sence with faster stacking to gain the nerfed damage... if you get what i mean.

MetaTaro
04-24-2017, 04:37 PM
BK is still a really solid pick especially for the double tank meta. The nerf was minor but definitely needed. It was either this or reduce damage or maybe increase the CD for grumpy bomb, but something had to give. Most people would agree that BK was a bit OP and was seen in just about every comp game that I was in, and still is really.

I know it sucks to get nerfs to a favorite champion though, Ying just had her healing range reduced by 15% in OB 47 and her legendary card nerfed by 30% in OB 46 (that one was necessary but I think it should have been a 20% nerf to the card instead).

XxBodeFucetaxX
04-24-2017, 04:40 PM
The nerf is what separates bad players from good players.
And you sir, are a BAD player.

ICEsmoke
04-24-2017, 05:52 PM
The nerf is what separates bad players from good players.
And you sir, are a BAD player.

Lol im actualy still very good with bk after this patch i still clean up but im trying to say the way he was nerfed is wrong in my eyes.. i aggree he needed to be droped down a peg but making his atack slower just fells crap even the animation looks stupid and sluggish (who throws like that hahaha).. btw bk is not my main so no fan boy rant here ... just saying atack speed should never be messed with.

NURFED
04-24-2017, 06:13 PM
Can just get 2 bombs on a stuned player now lol when before u could land 3 to 4.
This nerf for me has affected his chainreaction legend card as well... nerf damage buff atack speed ... this will make his chain card make alot more sence with faster stacking to gain the nerfed damage... if you get what i mean.

Yes this makes complete sense and yes this attack speed nerf does make the chainreaction card even further from a viable pick.
Would be a option to use chainreaction if the damage was nerfed, so if the player wanted that type of gameplay he could opt for high accurate damage build, opposed to the lower damage flank king build.

VoidzCrawler
04-24-2017, 08:15 PM
Uum? Are you just bad? I'm a BK main and I still play him just as proficiently as I did before. 1.7 from 1.6 attack speed isn't bad.

ICEsmoke
04-24-2017, 10:20 PM
Uum? Are you just bad? I'm a BK main and I still play him just as proficiently as I did before. 1.7 from 1.6 attack speed isn't bad.

Where in my post does it say I'm having more of a hard time playing BK ??? I'm saying its a half ass nerf that should of been done different !

addysomaddy
04-25-2017, 01:23 AM
i got no problem 1v1 a BK i even pick a seris and my atk is twice as slow then BK and rekt the game and didnt even die once a 1v1 with BK ever heard of blast shield buy that lol

say what.....?

addysomaddy
04-25-2017, 01:25 AM
.....would of much rather.....

would've = would have

ICEsmoke
04-25-2017, 05:34 AM
would've = would have

Quite the damning testimony to the malaise that afflicts our language there sir....top marks for picking that mistake up, please give your self a pat on the back.

"Would of, should of, could of"

SnowTamer
04-25-2017, 06:29 AM
Seems to me they nerfed the worng thing.
Instead of making it less fun, reducing mobility, they should reduce the damage, nerfing it but retaining the fun.

FroopLoops
04-25-2017, 07:23 AM
I still really enjoy BK. I have gotten used to the rate of fire nerf (it felt so slow at first) but I am still adjusting to a few accelerant jumps on certain maps. The health nerf was fine but the main problem I have is that even though accelerant was nerfed, I think chain reaction is an even worse pick with the fire rate change except in extremely niche situations.

Valkure
04-27-2017, 03:46 AM
This nerf for me has affected his chainreaction legend card as well...
That's the point. He was OP, so they had tried to nerf just this mechanic.
I am really happy not to see BK in every damn game I start. If you consider also the lag compensation, he really was OP, so I am happy with the nerf. I'd had also nerfed his jumping ability a bit more, but, hey, I am not experienced enough with BK to know if it needs a lot of skill to be used.

I know it sucks to get nerfs to a favorite champion though, Ying just had her healing range reduced by 15% in OB 47 and her legendary card nerfed by 30% in OB 46 (that one was necessary but I think it should have been a 20% nerf to the card instead).
I know your pain :-(

Skidt
04-29-2017, 04:55 AM
I use detonate right after each throw, so the fire speed portion of the nerf doesn't affect me at all. Grumpy bomb should have been nerfed instead.

addysomaddy
04-30-2017, 11:56 AM
Quite the damning testimony to the malaise that afflicts our language there sir....top marks for picking that mistake up, please give your self a pat on the back.

"Would of, should of, could of"

My intentions were not to offend you my friend. I am not very good at English either. Sorry if I offended you in any manner.

ducklife4player
04-30-2017, 12:32 PM
bombking is still good tho....

DoarRaz
05-03-2017, 04:18 AM
As a lvl 20 BK,i can say that he is :
-still strong vs any team composition
-still doing alot of dmg if your aim is good
-still having alot of mobility that allows him to get into the backline and surprise enemies
-still being prioritized in most of the esports matches