PDA

View Full Version : Makoa adjustments

Peinzius
04-22-2017, 08:32 PM
I see many people complaining to nerf Skye, Tyra or Lex, and I think none of those characters are particularly overpowered. I think the most used and overpowered champion is Makoa, although for some reason no one seems to be talking about him.

His Dredge Anchor is the best part of his kit, every 9 seconds he has the potential to instantly kill someone, either if they're on low health or your teams shoots at them. I don't think the hook is too broken, it just needs a slightly longer cool down. Maybe add an extra 1 or 2 seconds. The physics are a bit wonky, but that's always going to be expected unless you are playing on LAN.

The Half Shell legendary also seems to be too good right now when paired with the right load out. You can either shoot the shield, and give it back to Makoa instantly, or just leave it, and allow Makoa and his teammates to stand in it and do whatever they want. Not much of a choice. I don't think the legendary should be nerfed, but the card Barrier Reef should be. No one is really using it with any other legendary, so it won't make a difference to pluck or leviathan users.

Pluck is fine in my opinion, so no complaints.

Leviathan is one of the worst legendaries in the game right now, along with some others like Recycler Ruckus and Surprise Attack Skye. There is no use for an extra 1500 health. I saw a really good forum post for a potential buff, adding back CC immunity to his ultimate along with the health. It will give it a slight buff and hopefully make it more viable isn't CC reliant team comps.

I hope these kind of changes would make Makoa less of a must pick, and allow for more variety in his play style. Thanks for taking time to read and I would love more feedback!

KicksBrickster
04-22-2017, 08:57 PM
Makoa's problem isn't so much that he's OP as it is that none of the other front lines are great at tanking. Fernando is more of an off-flank, Barik and Ruckus need another front liner to be able to hold a point and work more like off-damage, and Torvald fails later on in the match once the enemy starts to level Wrecker.

Makoa really isn't OP, just the only one good at his job. He's easily taken down when focused by the team, or when he's unsupported. The hook isn't a one-hit KO like a certain hog I could name, at least.

Hgresa
04-23-2017, 02:37 AM
I see many people complaining to nerf Skye, Tyra or Lex, and I think none of those characters are particularly overpowered. I think the most used and overpowered champion is Makoa, although for some reason no one seems to be talking about him.

His Dredge Anchor is the best part of his kit, every 9 seconds he has the potential to instantly kill someone, either if they're on low health or your teams shoots at them. I don't think the hook is too broken, it just needs a slightly longer cool down. Maybe add an extra 1 or 2 seconds. The physics are a bit wonky, but that's always going to be expected unless you are playing on LAN.

The Half Shell legendary also seems to be too good right now when paired with the right load out. You can either shoot the shield, and give it back to Makoa instantly, or just leave it, and allow Makoa and his teammates to stand in it and do whatever they want. Not much of a choice. I don't think the legendary should be nerfed, but the card Barrier Reef should be. No one is really using it with any other legendary, so it won't make a difference to pluck or leviathan users.

Pluck is fine in my opinion, so no complaints.

Leviathan is one of the worst legendaries in the game right now, along with some others like Recycler Ruckus and Surprise Attack Skye. There is no use for an extra 1500 health. I saw a really good forum post for a potential buff, adding back CC immunity to his ultimate along with the health. It will give it a slight buff and hopefully make it more viable isn't CC reliant team comps.

I hope these kind of changes would make Makoa less of a must pick, and allow for more variety in his play style. Thanks for taking time to read and I would love more feedback!

Makoa is balanced champion. People barely use half shield card/build because most of the players prefer pluck one. It should not be nerfed because it's not op and is not used many times. Me myself use it all the time and it's really eff.

TheMikirog
04-23-2017, 03:24 AM
Makoa's problem isn't so much that he's OP as it is that none of the other front lines are great at tanking. Fernando is more of an off-flank, Barik and Ruckus need another front liner to be able to hold a point and work more like off-damage, and Torvald fails later on in the match once the enemy starts to level Wrecker.
Makoa isn't great at tanking either. He has the same amount of health like Fernando or less. What makes him better than other tanks? I use Fernando as a front liner and I only saw one good guy that spammed charge and used him as a flank. Also, pitiful damage, practically Torvald-like damage, so I don't think he's that good of a flank. Barik has the same amount of health as Makoa (without Leviathan legendary) and still is considered worse due to the skill ceiling. This is probably the hardest tank to master. Ruckus is rather an anti-tank rather than a front liner, however I still managed to win several games playing like a front-liner succesfully. With Torvald I completely agree.

If the argument is "he's easily taken down when focused by his team" then you could say about every champion in the game. I love the mix of priorities here. You underline how Makoa is a great front liner without defining what makes him so good at his job, while giving the best arguments why any other front-liner isn't really a front-liner, because you saw how every other person can't play front-liner properly so they only pick these champions to play an offclass role. Every other front liner besides him has a counter. Torvald, Ruckus, Fernando with Wrecker, also Ruckus with Haven also, because of his damage, Barik with Wrecker and Bulldozer, depending on what legendary he picks, Inara with Bulldozer again. Makoa has no counters at the moment. Wrecker on him isn't worth it since he only pulls it out once every god knows how often and because of his card that decreases the cooldown, you're penalized for wrecking his shield, which is counterintuitive. Fernando doesn't have a card like that, so he suffers.

So what should be done to make Makoa be not a must pick in every single game?
Nerf the Half Shield legendary, so the shield cooldown is bigger, nerfing a bit the shield cooldown card without sacrificing the other legendaries that don't have that luxury of placing a shield somewhere.
Make Dredge Anchor counterable. By Resilence? Maybe the champion gets off his hook earlier?

DaSpyChecker
04-23-2017, 05:48 AM
The Half Shell legendary also seems to be too good right now when paired with the right load out. You can either shoot the shield, and give it back to Makoa instantly

This should be changed, its kinda OP.

Agreed,except for Surprise Attack. Its 300 confirmed damage even at medium range, you can get the kills that otherwise aren't possible. Skye dies very quickly, every bit of damage matters.

Make Dredge Anchor counterable. By Resilence? Maybe the champion gets off his hook earlier?

I hope so. But Makoa is not much without his hook.

I dont personally like playing Makoa. He requires very good aim & has a very heavy,slow feel to him, boring to me. If you can barely land the hooks like me, you will mostly suck with him.The good Makoas land very important hooks seemingly out of nowhere. Their target prioritization is good. He is mostly balanced, its just that you see more Good Makoas than Ruckus or Barik. Like more good Cassie's than Kinessas. I am horrible with Cassie.Its not that those champions are OP but they are favorite of many & just more skilled players on those.

CandySuxxx
04-23-2017, 08:13 AM
Makoa really isn't OP

Makoa is balanced champion.

http://i.imgur.com/3PO0V4F.gif

JohnnyBoi3231x
04-25-2017, 01:45 PM
All they need to do is call Jeff and ask him how he fixed the hooks pulling people through walls and floors. WALLS ARE NOT JELLO HI REZ.