PDA

View Full Version : Mal Damba's cards could use some love

DVA545
03-25-2017, 10:42 PM
So I was messing around with Mal's cards a lot lately and I've been thinking how they haven't been living up to it's niche. I mean some of them fill their purpose but some just flat out makes me get bothered.

Here are a few that I think could use some changes.

Lighter gourd, Pungent gourd

There is almost never any need to take lighter gourd as the cast time is the only one that makes it slow, the reveal is near useless since it only does it during activation and not per tick while in the area

Slither cards are fine

Possession, ritual magic, swift spirits

I don't understand the point of possession (especially since it's a epic card), at max rank it only gives you 16% damage reduction which is practically unnoticeable. I'd rather have this card not exist at all or increase the % value or replace it with another card that improves the healing by some way.

The fantasy of being able to stay in the front lines as you're healing the tank and taking some damage of your own seems great, only if the actual value you heal is more than 300 at max OVER 5 SECONDS. Have this card changed so that it heals for a % amount of RMB's heal over the duration would be much better.

I don't have a lot of complain for swift spirits except for the odd 28% MS bonus at rank 4. Would be better if they can turn it into 32% or better yet turn it into 7.5% per rank at a total of 30%.

Sustenance?
I don't really understand the point of this card, again. Gives you 20% more healing when BELLOW 50% of your max health which is without the incorporeal card, at 1325 health. This card be better off with another support/tank because there's not much point taking it.

What are your thoughts or this is an absolutely terrible idea.

Jusey1
03-25-2017, 11:15 PM
Possession gives 18% damage resistance at max rank, and it can actually stack. With Blast Shields Three (21%) + Two Possession effects (32%), you have 53% resistance to blast damage with 32% resistance to all other damage... If you're with a Ruckus and are getting 30% damage reduction from his shield... You're literally maxing out your Blast Damage resistance and gaining 62% damage resistance to everything else. This can make you survive literally any ultimate (except for Drogoz's punch) and still have more than half of your health...

With the right build, you literally become an extra tank character on the point and this is usually the best way to play as him. Instead of trying to avoid being hits or running away. Actually tank the incoming damage with your frontlines. I mean seriously, if I can literally stand right on top of a Skye bomb and only end up taking up to 500 damage from it.

Possessions is probably Mal'Damba's best card, so don't touch it. Also, by default, Mal'Damba has the second highest heal rate in the game so he really don't need any cards to increase his healing output. However, his legendary really needs a new change. That 300 heal buff on a target already under the effects of it is both pathetic and against the point of Possessions.

The Possessions card ONLY stacks during two seconds when you have applied mending spirits to two different allies. (The healing effect lasts 5 seconds and CD is 3. This means, you can actually apply a second mending spirits to another ally and for two seconds, you have two mending spirits active. Which is how Possessions stack).

If you ask me, Mal'Damba's heal card should be something like this:
"Increases the length of mending spirits from 5 seconds to 8 seconds."

This allows for Possessions to be maximized more so, and become more value-able for a Mal'Damba who is healing. It would also encourage more Mal'Damba players to actually heal more teammates instead of the one singular guy. Gotta remember, if you apply mending spirits twice in a row to the same target... It doesn't stake. Instead, the second one hit will just reset the first one. Basically, there is literally no need to hit the target again until their 5 seconds is up, and using the current healing legendary isn't helpful at all because it is only GOOD when you wait 4 seconds instead of using it on your ally after the CD is over. Why you may ask? Simply because it is only 300 burst heal... Using it right on the CD means that two seconds of your original heal is canceled as a new 5 seconds is set. Mending Spirit heals something like 280 a second. Meaning, you literally cancel out around 260 healing just to reset the effect...

Though I do agree that some cards for Mal is pretty bad, but same can be said about many many champions. What really needs to be changed, if you ask me, are the legendaries. They're more important and the current healer one for Mal'Damba is flat-out bad as it encourages bad playstyles for Mal'Damba and even decrease the amount of healing you can potentially do in the long run, if you're someone who spams his mending spirits as much as possible (which is good but not necessary good on the same person).

Valkure
03-27-2017, 02:27 AM
The bigger problem I have with Mal'damba, is that I can't keep the count of seconds. I mean, we are in the middle of the battle, I spam heal as much as I can, I already have 3 or 4 cooldown to take not... how am I suppose to mentally count also the 3 or 5 seconds before healing the same ally a second time? And what about, in the mess of the fight, the first ally walks by and intercept my heals?
It is not possible.
I am a strong supporter of the "change Mal's cards" group. Please, give him something more useful. And even something for varying his playstyle!

Tahmtam
04-15-2017, 02:10 PM
I think Spirit's Chosen would be better if it allows stacking multiple mending spirits on an ally as well.. As for the negligible Wekono's Wrath, they could additionally make affected targets run towards the center of the ultimate so the card may actually be worthwhile (although considering Seris' ultimate, it may be a bit awkward since both your ultimates pulls enemies closer..)

Peinzius
04-15-2017, 04:53 PM
All characters have cards that are literally useless. Most of the reducing slow cards are worthless, Andro's defiance cards are a hindrance to him and some don't make any sense, like BK's cards which increase the health of his poppy/sticky bombs. No one is shooting those, and on the rare occasions that they do, no amount of extra health is stopping them from dying. Are Maldambas cards great? No. Are they the worst in the game? Definitely not.

CaoCao777
04-16-2017, 01:19 AM
the healing and dmg reduction cards are actually pretty good .. but yeah u like need em all >,>

but yeah the stupid gourd projectile speed??? whyy??? does ANYONE use that card?? and WHHYY!!!??
and the gourd stealth reveal, yeah wtf!? it might be worth a damn if it WAS always while the gourd is up ..

Yugiyo
04-16-2017, 01:21 AM
maldamba need to be fixed?

ZDXD
04-17-2017, 06:26 AM
I think hi rez runs out of many card ideas so they just add bad ones coz they are too lazy to think...

:p

Schroif
04-17-2017, 09:43 AM
I would say his healing legendary is completely useless, 300 hp is nothing.