PDA

View Full Version : Pip nerf

Labreris
03-25-2017, 03:38 PM
Pip needs a nerf.
The current state of pip (with catalyst equipped) is a flanker with a massive self-heal that outputs a ton of damage.

I think the legendary cart catalyst is the problem here. Nerfing healing flask will just make pip worse as a healer and make him not be able to fill out any role, but only nerfing catalyst will makes his flanking ability less overpowered.

RangerWolf
03-25-2017, 03:41 PM
Pip needs a nerf.
The current state of pip (with catalyst equipped) is a flanker with a massive self-heal that outputs a ton of damage.

I think the legendary cart catalyst is the problem here. Nerfing healing flask will just make pip worse as a healer and make him not be able to fill out any role, but only nerfing catalyst will makes his flanking ability less overpowered.Pip needs to be left alone. He is perfectly fine the way he is.. there is several ways you can overcome this type healer.
1. Have a flank harrass pip to the point where he can't heal his team
2. Everyone uses caterize making the healing less.
3. have a damage stalk him

Lugenpresse
03-25-2017, 05:01 PM
They just nerfed side tanks, he's less annoying now. Maybe catalyst could apply a small DoT instead of 40% bonus damage.

Siphili
03-25-2017, 05:07 PM
If Pip starts to flank - the enemies start to swear, because their front has probably no healer by his/her/its side anymore!

Huttmunkkeeeys
03-25-2017, 08:31 PM
If they fixed the bug with Pip's Healing Potions and Reload card, then people would be more inclined to play him as a healer. I been avoiding Pip recently because those bugs make it too unreliable as a healer.

LookGooD
03-25-2017, 08:34 PM
Pick Resilence&Caut. There you go. Pip is a slow moving target so easy to kill unless u really nub.

Tangtaizong
03-25-2017, 08:38 PM
A nice argument, but the slow is easily countered with resilience. And Pip is that kind of person that support his frontliner by make sure enemies is dead

Jusey1
03-25-2017, 08:55 PM
Firstly, Catalyst makes Pip more of a Damage, than Flanker. If you wanna flank as Pip, get Acrobatics and an Acrobatics loadout. You'll become the second fastest and mobile character in the game (only an Evie with a Soar build can out-run you).

Secondly, if they're going to nerf anything about Catalyst, bring back the old version of it where it applies to the slow itself, instead of being something separated. Before OB44, Pip's bonus damage only applied to those under the effects of his slow which means Resilience can counter his bonus damage. Right now, the 40% more damage bonus is applied as it's own mark and isn't effected by Resilience. Meaning, even if the slow lasts only 0.5s thanks to level 3 Resilience, his damage boost is still on you for 3 seconds.

But even that little nerf isn't that necessary.

Drathahasu
03-25-2017, 08:58 PM
Resiliance doesn't work properly. Chicken lasts 5 seconds, with resilience 3 it should be 90% reduction, but it isn't 0.5seconds, more like 1 or 2 seconds.

Even though I think Pip is very well balanced and quite easy to go against if he's flanking alone.

Huttmunkkeeeys
03-25-2017, 09:29 PM
Resiliance doesn't work properly. Chicken lasts 5 seconds, with resilience 3 it should be 90% reduction, but it isn't 0.5seconds, more like 1 or 2 seconds.

Even though I think Pip is very well balanced and quite easy to go against if he's flanking alone.

There's a cap to how long those Ults can be shortened to. Pip's Ult can't be shortened to any shorter then 1 or so seconds. The same applied to Mal Dmaba's Ult, but not sure what that cap is. With that said, not sure why it doesn't apply to BK's or Inara's ult though.

ThatOthell159
03-25-2017, 09:30 PM
Cauterize.

BurmaJones
03-25-2017, 09:38 PM
He's obnoxious early on but once you build cauterize up a couple ranks he's dealt with on his own easily enough.

Jusey1
03-25-2017, 10:52 PM

There's a cap to how long those Ults can be shortened to. Pip's Ult can't be shortened to any shorter then 1 or so seconds. The same applied to Mal Dmaba's Ult, but not sure what that cap is. With that said, not sure why it doesn't apply to BK's or Inara's ult though.

Pip's ultimate lasts 4 seconds by default and has a min of 2 seconds. Meaning, you only need Resilience level 2 to counter Pip's ultimate. Level 3 is useless against his ultimate, but useful against his Explosive Flask.

Other than that, every other cc ability has a min of 0.5 seconds. I think Pip's ultimate is the only one with a min of 2 seconds.

GodShrek
03-27-2017, 12:56 AM
Resilience completely counters catalyst Pip since he only gets the bonus dmg when they are slowed