PDA

View Full Version : This is the end of Fernando...

TarnilCorvax
03-25-2017, 03:25 PM
So... they nerfed Fernando again. No idea why. They completely removed the stacking damage for his fireball.
I thought reducing it in the first place was incredibly uncalled for. And even with the 50% stacking it was nerfed to, it didn't even stack exponentially, it added to the base value, making it considerably weak.

But you see, Fernando has never been terribly OP. Perhaps at the beginning his fireball was a nuisance, but that was because people were learning how to play. They didn't understand that they could deploy a shield to stop his fireball, or that every single hero has a movement ability (Except Torvald.) With time, one learns that avoiding his fireball is EASY. And unless you are clumping together, which... why would a team clump together, and the tank not even manage to deploy a shield to stop the fireball? That's the tank's job... he doesn't really pose much of a threat.

And with this nerf, they didn't buff any other aspect about him. He's got a wonderful playstyle design, but they keep nerfing him for absolutely no reason. People barely pick him anymore because, while he WAS fun to play as, he's not anymore. Cause now you can just pick him off easily. His fireball poses very little threat, the cauterize does not last long to pose serious threat.... He's weak.

And... After they nerfed him the first time, nerfing his fireball to stack only 50% off the base damage... he got a huge drop in plays. That's because, at that moment, he was underpowered. His shield is nice, but isn't strong enough. It can be flanked very easily, but why need to flank it when you can easily break through it?

From the beginning, the fireball was the thing keeping him going. Sure, it was possible to make clever use of his shield, but his shield isn't really that good for preventing group attacks. As I said, he can be flanked easily, two people attack him one can distract him the other take down his shield. His shield is not nearly strong enough to compensate for this.

His charge? Useless. Makoa's charge at least knocks people back and has some distance to it. Fernando's is utterly useless. (Of course, not completely, but you get my point.)

The flamethrower is pretty weak as well. Yada yada. Almost no range, at least Torvald's short range weapon deals a decent amount of damage, etc.

He used to be fun to play as... But over time they have ruined him.

And removing his fireball stacking ability and not even giving anything else to compensate for it... This is the end for him. He's truly become a trash hero.

Rest In Peace Fernando, the only way you will come back is if Hi-Rez actually learns how to properly balance.

I'm really hoping this is a super early April Fool's joke...

Brandonetwaru
03-25-2017, 03:30 PM
where did you here that

TarnilCorvax
03-25-2017, 03:38 PM
Oh, and I have noticed pretty much all of the other heroes are doomed as well. Ying's subsequent shatters, subsequent shots not counting... Though her healing is still very good. Even Skye, the hero I hate with a passion, has gotten an undeserved nerf. Poison bolts no longer deal bonus damage.

Back in the day, I hated her bomb. I hated her hero. I still do. It's literally cloak, kill, be killed, cloak, kill, be killed, cloak, plant ult, kill everyone on the other team, (ESPECIALLY back in the day when her ult did 5000 damage. The range of her ult is still ridiculous, as well as the recharge rate of that thing.) then maybe get another kill, die, cloak, kill, plant another ult that kills the entire enemy team except that one guy who's movement ability actually takes him far enough to escape the blast radius.... And her movement speed is crazy.
Terrible design, I'd say. But this nerf was incredibly uncalled for. I even feel pity for Skye players now.

Ruckus damage reduction nerf? Kinda bad, but now it can be used anywhere, so that's pretty neat.

Pip's gun not dealing bonus damage after hitting an enemy with an explosive flask... WHAT?

Dread Serpent no longer causes enemies to take 20% extra damage... what....

Sniper mode no longer deals extra damage for a fully charged shot... I was never a fan of Kinessa but that nerf is crazy.

Evie... I didn't care for her either... but her ice block no longer deals extra damage to marked targets? AND NO LONGER DEPLOYS A SLOWING FIELD? All people have to do is walk away from it!

Drogoz... no longer bonus damage after using thrust...

Dodge roll, no longer bonus damage after first shot, no longer bonus damage after shot from disengage...

BUCK'S NET SHOT NO LONGER DEALS EXTRA DAMAGE WHEN TARGET IS AFFECTED BY IT AND IS SHOT AGAIN?

Detonate no longer deals bonus damage after attaching multiple bombs to one target...

I could go on and on and on and on.

I'm really hoping this is an April Fool's joke.

TarnilCorvax
03-25-2017, 03:40 PM
where did you here that

Where did I hear what? The nerf? I saw it with my own eyes. It is even in the patch notes.

Tangtaizong
03-25-2017, 03:43 PM
The stack damage is on his legendary, so cheer up buddy

TheMikirog
03-25-2017, 03:45 PM
I play Fernando every time and it's still fun to play him. He's not OP, he's not underpowered, he's fine.
I didn't start playing Fernando because of his fireball stacking. I was playing him because I love how you can survive by a careful ability management or a well timed ULT. I won a lot of matches with Fernando. Also since OB45, he seems to be receiving buff, rather than nerfs. His second legendary is viable again and ULT timing is now less forgiving.

Brandonetwaru
03-25-2017, 03:46 PM
Where did I hear what? The nerf? I saw it with my own eyes. It is even in the patch notes.

but the patch notes did not say anything like that? Patch 46

TarnilCorvax
03-25-2017, 03:47 PM
The stack damage is on his legendary, so cheer up buddy

That legendary should be to INCREASE the stack damage, not give stack damage in the first place.

TarnilCorvax
03-25-2017, 03:48 PM
but the patch notes did not say anything like that? Patch 46

Patch .44
It was three days ago. I hadn't played Paladins for a while and I come back to see this.

Tangtaizong
03-25-2017, 03:50 PM
That legendary should be to INCREASE the stack damage, not give stack damage in the first place.

But that legendary won't be viable anymore, Hi-rez can't just create new legendary from scratch.