PDA

View Full Version : Torvald = Godmode?

TigerKite
03-19-2017, 12:51 PM
I recently started playing and noticed Torvald is almost impossible to kill. His shield abilities are insane with a big boost for deploying and able to regenerate that shield. Almost making the player go into Godmode.

I think I'm just bent because I'm letting it go to my head, but does anyone notice this?

SnakeNox
03-19-2017, 12:54 PM
Wrecker is his greatest weakness. Torvald then goes down a lot faster, and he has very little killing power himself, so he is not as unkillable as it might seem ;)

Wallachia
03-19-2017, 01:01 PM
Torvald isn't really hard to kill, just keep your distance from him and he'll have a lot of problems.

TigerKite
03-19-2017, 01:06 PM
Wrecker is his greatest weakness. Torvald then goes down a lot faster, and he has very little killing power himself, so he is not as unkillable as it might seem ;)

Torvald isn't really hard to kill, just keep your distance from him and he'll have a lot of problems.

Thanks guys, I'll keep that in mind when I fight Torvald!

LookGooD
03-19-2017, 01:07 PM
Makoa also good counter for Torvald, hook him while he recharging.

Insizer
03-19-2017, 01:07 PM
He is very easy prey actually because he is very easy to counter. He has no escape, no long range attack (aside from his ult), and has most of his effective health as shields, making Wrecker extremely effective against him.

TigerKite
03-19-2017, 01:11 PM
The first few times I fought against Torvald was when I played as Makoa. It was pretty good but I think I was getting upset loosing to Torvald and lost my cool.

Jmthebigman
03-19-2017, 01:15 PM
Ive noticed newbies who dont think to buy wrecker say torvald is OP...

TigerKite
03-19-2017, 01:47 PM
Ive noticed newbies who dont think to buy wrecker say torvald is OP...

After buying Wrecker, it does make a huge difference. After taking Wallachia's advice on keeping my distance I was able to defeat Torvald a number of times.

It stopped my temper tantrum.

ThatOthell159
03-19-2017, 01:48 PM
Torvald is one of the best frontliners.

>Make yourself as tanky as possible
>Enemy all buys wrecker to focus you
>Healer heals you
>Flankers and damage aces enemy
>GG ez

Wallachia
03-19-2017, 01:58 PM
How I play as Torvald:

- Get +40% damage legendary
- Run like a madman towards enemy support
- F skill on enemy support
- Run from the point and hide
- Shield friendly damage or friendly flanker
- Recharge shield and wait while my team wipes the point.
- Go back and cap

11/10 best tank.

ThatOthell159
03-19-2017, 02:00 PM
How I play as Torvald:

- Get +40% damage legendary
- Run like a madman towards enemy support
- F skill on enemy support
- Run from the point and hide
- Shield friendly damage or friendly flanker
- Recharge shield and wait while my team wipes the point.
- Go back and cap

11/10 best tank.

Underpowered they said, easy to counter they said.

HU3HUHU3H3UAEHU3

Jmthebigman
03-19-2017, 02:03 PM
Underpowered they said, easy to counter they said.

HU3HUHU3H3UAEHU3

He wont escape me if im hunting him ^.^

**ssssh im hunting (wabbits) torvald**

CandySuxxx
03-19-2017, 02:04 PM
I still cant believe that he would be more powerful than makoa.

ThatOthell159
03-19-2017, 02:07 PM
He wont escape me if im hunting him ^.^

**ssssh im hunting (wabbits) torvald**

Keepo

Both are equally strong, all in the player.

TigerKite
03-19-2017, 04:09 PM
Keepo

Both are equally strong, all in the player.

When playing as Makoa I just spam cannon and hook shot when people are trying to run away. I'm still a newbie so I don't know how to use Makoa to his full potential.

qvvann
03-20-2017, 02:26 AM
These posts need to stop, this is the reason why Torvald got nerfed so much. With wrecker on damage champions torvald barely stands a chance

Ellezard
03-20-2017, 02:59 AM

Depends on comp.

Makoa works better for offense-based comp trying to win the game with a good hook.
Torvald works better for support-based comp where you have that one or two guy with extreme damage getting the shield all the time with something like a Mal damba heal so he can rekt and 1 v 3 easily for cleaning up.

Both are what the games are currently based around because they both are too effective with very little counter option.

MotorKnight
03-20-2017, 11:30 AM
Torvald 2 strong..............

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/42234r8mif2xpq.png (http://www.fotos-hochladen.net)

Jk, just the typical MM (Gone wrong, Gone sexual, Gone wild, Prank on the hood, Almost died, Best of 2017)

Insizer
03-20-2017, 11:32 AM
Torvald 2 strong..............

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/42234r8mif2xpq.png (http://www.fotos-hochladen.net)

Jk, just the typical MM (Gone wrong, Gone sexual, Gone wild, Prank on the hood, Almost died, Best of 2017)

How do a Drogoz and a Viktor do that badly? Were they afk or something?

ThatOthell159
03-20-2017, 11:33 AM
When playing as Makoa I just spam cannon and hook shot when people are trying to run away. I'm still a newbie so I don't know how to use Makoa to his full potential.

With time, you will improve, don't worry.

MotorKnight
03-20-2017, 11:39 AM
How do a Drogoz and a Viktor do that badly? Were they afk or something?

No they werent afk (i mean i was shielding them), but seriously what math uses MM

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/7777m93qefub1z.png (http://www.fotos-hochladen.net)

Probably "Elo", because you know you can trust how HR gives Elo

Edit: Yeah drogoz New player doesnt count.....MM fault in my opinion

knyghtseid
03-20-2017, 12:22 PM
I will say that after playing both PC version and ps4, that torvald isnt that bad to go up against in PC now, but on ps4 he is op as hell, even with wrecker at level 2 and firing full powered shots as kinessa he was a pain to kill and usually took more then one mag

BurmaJones
03-20-2017, 01:42 PM
Torvald's Q is bullshit. High uptime shield that basically doubles the EHP of most DD's and flanks and boosts their damage by 40%. Way too strong.

Fifcio
03-20-2017, 02:44 PM
In my opinion Torvald is a bit OP (a bit, not broken or something) and, what's more important, he's INSANELY FRUSTRATING for the opposite team. That's the main problem with him - he just ruins fun for everyone. I don't want him nerfed to the oblivion or removed, but on the other hand I feel like he has to be adjusted a bit, because his current state is ridiculous. But unfortunately it's kinda hard to come up with a way how to do it right, without overnerfing him or removing his playstyle.
The biggest problem I have with him is that his disarm abilities are too strong, they can destroy every champion which gets too close and they hard counter Ruckus. When I play Ruckus, I have to attack him from the distance first (even though I'm a frontline) and wait with going to the objective until he dies. It's just plainly wrong, because no champion should force other champions to completely break out of their role. And yet he forces Ruckus to be a damage and keep distance. His shield HP also seems a bit too high.

I know that wrecker helps and that's how I usually deal with him, but forcing half of the team to buy items just to take care of one single champion is insane. Same with forcing them to focus on him for the whole match. It's exactly the same problem people had with Maeve before her overnerf.

If you somehow don't think that Torvald is too easy to pick up (like Maeve was), look at win ratios on Paladins Guru. He is the only champion with over 60% win ratio. Even Maeve has lower (not sure how it was before the nerf, but considering that little time has passed, it wasn't probably as bad).

So... as I said before, I don't think he's broken or something - but he's definitely a bit too strong and waaaay too frustrating to play against.

TigerKite
03-20-2017, 05:15 PM
In my opinion Torvald is a bit OP (a bit, not broken or something) and, what's more important, he's INSANELY FRUSTRATING for the opposite team. That's the main problem with him - he just ruins fun for everyone. I don't want him nerfed to the oblivion or removed, but on the other hand I feel like he has to be adjusted a bit, because his current state is ridiculous. But unfortunately it's kinda hard to come up with a way how to do it right, without overnerfing him or removing his playstyle.
The biggest problem I have with him is that his disarm abilities are too strong, they can destroy every champion which gets too close and they hard counter Ruckus. When I play Ruckus, I have to attack him from the distance first (even though I'm a frontline) and wait with going to the objective until he dies. It's just plainly wrong, because no champion should force other champions to completely break out of their role. And yet he forces Ruckus to be a damage and keep distance. His shield HP also seems a bit too high.

I know that wrecker helps and that's how I usually deal with him, but forcing half of the team to buy items just to take care of one single champion is insane. Same with forcing them to focus on him for the whole match. It's exactly the same problem people had with Maeve before her overnerf.

If you somehow don't think that Torvald is too easy to pick up (like Maeve was), look at win ratios on Paladins Guru. He is the only champion with over 60% win ratio. Even Maeve has lower (not sure how it was before the nerf, but considering that little time has passed, it wasn't probably as bad).

So... as I said before, I don't think he's broken or something - but he's definitely a bit too strong and waaaay too frustrating to play against.

When I first started this post I was a bit upset. But after listening to other players on this thread on how to handle Torvald I wasn't so upset anymore. A good strategy and obviously a team you can depend on go a long way. Now I can handle Torvald with a cool head instead of letting my anger get to me and cause my whole team to be wiped when capturing.

But actually trying to get the know the game and it's abilities. Wouldn't spending money on Resilience and Wrecker simultaneously help out going up against Torvald? Resilience wouldn't block out his crowd control completely but will greatly reduce it's effect.

Crackz66
03-22-2017, 08:02 AM
He is slow...don't have any escape...
Bomb King have a Legendary Card that DESTROY all shields..including Torvald one... so he is just dead with his only 3k base health.

Wallachia
03-22-2017, 08:09 AM
Bomb King have a Legendary Card that DESTROY all shields..including Torvald one... so he is just dead with his only 3k base health.

Incorrect. BK's Wrecker doesn't affect Torvald nor Ruckus.

BurmaJones
03-22-2017, 08:10 AM
His Protection spell with Field Study is way too strong. He also forces teams to over prioritize wrecker. Definitely op.

DrDuckSmithy
03-22-2017, 08:11 AM

I once played torvald and fought a bomb king who had that card. I got hit by it but it didn't even completely remove my shield: it only left me with a quarter of shield left-funny because it removed everyone else shields that are deployable.