PDA

View Full Version : why its so hard to take down torvold !!?!!

maxVboy
03-18-2017, 04:51 AM
I play paladins on pc and every time that there is a torvold on rival team , we have problem to take him out !! he is shielded 98% of the game also you cant get near him cause his weapon will slay you quickly !!:mad::mad: wrecker item might help but its you should waste 400 point at least !!! I believe torvold and his shield powers should be balanced !!:D:D:rolleyes:

Jmthebigman
03-18-2017, 05:01 AM
You could say the same about healers:
Dont wanna waste on cauterize...

Those reds are counters vs the enemy team and you should choose wisely.

besides his shield was already nerfed to help newbies.
Just quit taking deft hands 24/7.

Drathahasu
03-18-2017, 05:30 AM
It's not hard... just shoot, hide, shoot, hide - that goes against most tanks.

MasterGamerPr0
03-18-2017, 08:05 AM
I think torvald is balanced now.
Wrecker+drogoz+Q+the destroy shield card+direct dmg legend card is an ez kill

WoodenBox
03-18-2017, 08:13 AM
Things that counter torvald
1) CC. the fact that he doesn't have any mobilty makes him very weak against cc (slows)
2)Wrecker.Obviously most of his surivability comes from shields
3)Anything that can ''move him'' (hooks,disengage,popy bomb)
He is at disadvantage against anybody that moves faster than him as long as you stay away from him he cannot do anything.

KicksBrickster
03-18-2017, 08:19 AM
I'll say this: Kinessa plus Wrecker equals no more Torvald. At tier one she hits his shield for 2100, so in three shots it's down. Also works with Sha Lin.

Drogoz is a hard counter as well, especially with his ult. Torvald has no way to dodge or disable it, and Drogoz builds it up so quickly that he can usually get it two or three times per round.

Wallachia
03-18-2017, 08:54 AM
"I can't beat Torvald, so he must be nerfed. Learning how to play against him takes too much effort, I can't do that, everything must be handed easy to me!".

MistPeeps
03-18-2017, 08:57 AM
Torvald weaknesses are dps players, flank as well. Skye and Evie prob.

Pixelszz
03-18-2017, 10:24 AM
Wrecker is just so easy to take him down... just pick any damage and put your wrecker to max level and gg ^-^

Zeraphine
03-18-2017, 10:52 AM
Generally Fernando and Torvald have too much shielding. I would prefer if they do more damage instead.

Peinzius
03-18-2017, 10:59 AM
Torvald's entire niche is that he can shield others. If you take that away and give him more damage, he will be useless. He has too short range, and the only way he can impact fights is by shielding others.

Fernando already does quite a lot of damage if you use the Flanknando loadout, disrupting the backline. I personally hate the Aegis legendary, it means Fernando can only hold his shield and not do anything useful. This is the reason that some Fernandos have too much shielding, because they never put down their shield to fight.

firenzee
03-18-2017, 11:38 AM
https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/paladins.gamepedia.com/thumb/c/c3/Card_Wrecker.png/215px-Card_Wrecker.png?version=9e3fac5d5af95eea731c68545 667cf90

RightToBearArms
03-18-2017, 12:13 PM
Torvald is infuriating character to play against (Probably fun to play though I haven't tried :P ) but as many people have listed here, there are good ways to countering him.

Firstly, I highly suggest choosing your red card carefully, and pretty early. It's the most important card to consider as you have to see what there team is using heavily. Torvald is a great user of shields so Wrecker is a nice card to pick up against him. But remember, if they have a lot of healing, you might not want to pick it up.

Second, keeping distance from Torv is necessary. His attacks need you to be pretty close to hit and you're hurting yourself by going near him. For some characters this can be hard, but I main Barik a ton and I try to keep a mid range spacing between him to max my damage and stay away from the pesky attacks.

And finally, try to make him go into spots to attack you where your team can help you out. If you're flanking him, you're going to have a BAD TIME but if your able to make him try to push the cart or even chase you, your team can help you out. A Torvald against 3 people is squishy.

For his ultimate, sadly I got nothing, it's something you got to accept to happen. You can pick up the blue card (Resistance maybe it's called) but one of them helps with CC (Crowd Control) and many other cards for personal characters might do the same. Though honestly, I wouldn't build it unless absolutely needed.

Hope this helped! :D

Wallachia
03-18-2017, 12:16 PM
Torvald is not CC immune during his ult, so he can be knocked away if you have a Cassie, a Drogoz or a BK.

BurmaJones
03-18-2017, 12:16 PM
His Q legendary (Field Study) is op, nothing else. His personal survivability is fine. Focus fire or a DD with Wrecker can handle him. The bigger issue is handling his DD or flank teammate with double their EHP and 40% more damage.

Insizer
03-18-2017, 02:20 PM
It is hard to take down Torvald?

Ellezard
03-18-2017, 02:37 PM
The thing about Torvald is

You take him down by taking care of his backline first before coming back to him because he only has the protection spam to help at long range. Without the backline, Torvald isn't as threatening as the other flank and will annoy you alot instead with the silence/disarm.

But the issue here is that protection spam has way too little CD that you can't take care of the vital target that Torvald set his eyes on mashing Q on before they just overpower your offense and beat you anyway.

Even without the legendary, the 2k shield was way too much for this game damage and you can't just have everyone buy wrecker because you will start lacking in Caut. Add in the 40% extra damage power legendary and you get a broken skill that is up there contesting with hook for the best skill in the game on a non-existent cool down.

Jmthebigman
03-18-2017, 02:37 PM
It is hard to take down Torvald?

No, NO its not.

maxVboy
03-19-2017, 06:31 AM
"I can't beat Torvald, so he must be nerfed. Learning how to play against him takes too much effort, I can't do that, everything must be handed easy to me!".

haha :/ funny :/

Jmthebigman
03-19-2017, 06:38 AM
haha :/ funny :/

It is how the community see's such posts.
and lets say 9/10 the reaction is justified.

maxVboy
03-19-2017, 06:40 AM
I KNOW its not so hard to destroy torvold shield with wrecker item but i usually pick front line (cause recently every body just wanna pick damage or flank and kill :/ ) so doesn't matter what i say.they just buy useless items :(

Jmthebigman
03-19-2017, 06:44 AM
I KNOW its not so hard to destroy torvold shield with wrecker item but i usually pick front line (cause recently every body just wanna pick damage or flank and kill :/ ) so doesn't matter what i say.they just buy useless items :(

Then dont complain about Torvald. Complain about peoples stupidity :P
((I know the feeling when you gotta do everything yourself...))

maxVboy
03-19-2017, 06:44 AM
It is how the community see's such posts.
and lets say 9/10 the reaction is justified.

well thank community a lot !! can they say it normal :/ like all people ;)

maxVboy
03-19-2017, 06:49 AM
Then dont complain about Torvald. Complain about peoples stupidity :P
((I know the feeling when you gotta do everything yourself...))

yup ! you're right ! :D

Jmthebigman
03-19-2017, 06:55 AM
well thank community a lot !! can they say it normal :/ like all people ;)

Allot of people whine about everything nowadays so people tend to mock very unjustified stuff.
Its internet... you know how that works ~.~

Extryse
03-19-2017, 07:37 AM
BombKing + leggendary that destroy shields = torvald dead

Jmthebigman
03-19-2017, 07:47 AM
BombKing + leggendary that destroy shields = torvald dead

Thats pretty much every front liner.

Rencalcifer
03-19-2017, 08:00 AM
I don't see where Torvald is OP, I just build wrecker up to level 2 and his shield gets destroyed in a second.

Ellezard
03-19-2017, 08:28 AM
One reason people don't see Torvald as OP is because they keep viewing him as a front liner with shield instead of a shield support with front liner stat

Because that's how he's always played in the higher level. As a shield spammer on the damager/flanker for insane amount of reward for absolutely no risk and effort.

"Wrecker his shield then"

Wrecker won't save you from 840 a shot from Androxus for 1.6k DPS who you need to hit twice as much to kill.