PDA

View Full Version : Barik's ultimate is almost useless

L4ddy
03-14-2017, 02:18 PM
The best scenario I can think for his ultimate is capturing the point, where it's not useless; however, you can go in and out the bubble easily, and it does such low damage...

Can we make it move with him when pushing the payload, deal more damage, and/or heal?

LookGooD
03-14-2017, 02:22 PM
Barik ult useless? I can't believe that...

LordOfTheLightX
03-14-2017, 06:54 PM
For once i agree with LookGooD...

DDosX
03-14-2017, 07:02 PM
The best scenario I can think for his ultimate is capturing the point, where it's not useless; however, you can go in and out the bubble easily, and it does such low damage...

Can we make it move with him when pushing the payload, deal more damage, and/or heal?

PLEASE,
u can't be serious, got 500 match with Barik, trust me it's not useless...

Geno7
03-14-2017, 07:11 PM

Are you kidding "Useless" what do u want a BIG TANK THAT WIPES EVERYTHING , go home L4ddy u are drunk .

zVersee
03-14-2017, 07:18 PM
Wouldn't say it's useless. It does it's job being an area denial ability and it does it well. Heck, I've even had a Barik's ult turret get top play once:
http://plays.tv/video/58c86291afb1cab182/barik-turret-got-top-play-d-d-d

If you want to see a near useless ult, pay Grohk a visit..

ThatOthell159
03-14-2017, 08:21 PM
Not useless, just highly situational.

Spacey1
03-14-2017, 11:17 PM
Wouldn't say it's useless. It does it's job being an area denial ability and it does it well. Heck, I've even had a Barik's ult turret get top play once:
http://plays.tv/video/58c86291afb1cab182/barik-turret-got-top-play-d-d-d

Agreed.

Barik's ult admittedly is not the best of the bunch, but it has its uses. It's definitely much better than Grohk's.

Valkure
03-15-2017, 03:28 AM
:-D :-D :-D so true!
Well, it's not so useless: enemies find it extremely useful, it's a free-kill!

Back on the topic, Barik's ulti is an area denial. If you want something to do big damages, you should pick Skye. "Time's ticking!"

M0J0E
03-15-2017, 04:52 PM
Barik's ult would be useful if the stupid thing didn't immediately go away the moment Barik dies. Literally the best counter to his ult is to walk right into the shield and shoot Barik's face, because the "turret" that comes with the ult does negligible damage and doesn't deter anyone from walking inside. Not to mention how boring it is (just a souped-up version of a basic ability) and the fact that it's hard countered by Tyra's firebomb (not that other ults don't have hard counters too, but still).

TL;DR Barik's ult sucks

JTheJackal
03-15-2017, 05:05 PM
How dare you disrespect the Barik.

Spacey1
03-15-2017, 05:25 PM
Barik's ult would be useful if the stupid thing didn't immediately go away the moment Barik dies. Literally the best counter to his ult is to walk right into the shield and shoot Barik's face, because the "turret" that comes with the ult does negligible damage and doesn't deter anyone from walking inside. Not to mention how boring it is (just a souped-up version of a basic ability) and the fact that it's hard countered by Tyra's firebomb (not that other ults don't have hard counters too, but still).

TL;DR Barik's ult sucks

What you have to understand is that Barik's ultimate isn't really for defense; it's for area denial. It's a point-blank AE attack with a moderate duration. All you do is get into the middle of a group of enemies or somewhere you don't want them to stand and pop it, and then you're free to move out of it, which you usually should do for exactly the reasons you gave. Don't worry: the turret and shield you just put down won't know, so they'll continue to be an obstacle for attacks and an area of "no" that may even get you some kills if you timed placing it right.

It's nowhere near the best ultimate in the game, but on the other hand, it is also far from useless.

Ellezard
03-15-2017, 06:04 PM
PLEASE,
u can't be serious, got 500 match with Barik, trust me it's not useless...

I can lock something for a thousand of matches but unless I have like 60-70% win rate with that pick, I wouldn't bring up the # of games played.

It's like saying "I AM AN EVIE MAIN" but with 47% flank rate, it really doesn't carry any weight.

zmk69
03-16-2017, 08:13 AM
BUFF IDEA FOR BARIK'S ULT:

Trap Champs inside the dome for 3 seconds, unabling them to escape.

CHA-CHING

Insizer
03-16-2017, 09:03 AM
Jesus, I remember commenting on the same thread from a few weeks ago... His ult is not useless.

Rencalcifer
03-16-2017, 09:04 AM
It just needs very nice timing for it to be useful I have been in situation were I used the ultimate in point and when I realize there wasnt any allies inside or near so...in that case was useless

Dethroner
03-16-2017, 09:08 AM
Barik Ultimate can be used to zone out a area or seize capture of a point and help position your team mates or force there team out of a particular area, you can also hold Choke Points with Barik Ult

BurmaJones
03-16-2017, 09:30 AM
My only issue with his ult is how if Barik dies it goes away. Maybe the duration could be a little longer but it's not a bad ult. Excluding Torvald's ult I think it's the best for securing the point, particularly in overtime.

You can't judge everything based on how good it is if your team sucks or how good it is if you use it regardless of the situation at hand. Fact is Barik's ult is very strong in the right situation.

Ramiell
03-16-2017, 11:11 AM
They should change it. He should call in a "Magneto Bot" that pulls everyone in the area towards it.

Nudgarrobot
03-16-2017, 03:19 PM
^lolno
/10char

Valkure
03-17-2017, 02:55 AM
My only issue with his ult is how if Barik dies it goes away.
This works for EVERY ulti in game. If you kill the champion using it, the ulti disappears.

zVersee
03-17-2017, 03:22 AM
This works for EVERY ulti in game. If you kill the champion using it, the ulti disappears.

For most of them, yes - but not for every ulti.

Examples of ulti's that doesn't disappear when said champion dies:
Pip's Polymorph
Mal'damba's Dread Serpent
Evie's Icestorm
Skye's Time Bomb

I'd argue that Barik's ulti works similarly to Skye's Time Bomb, being an area clearout so I don't get why only one of them stays after said champions death.

ZDXD
03-17-2017, 07:59 AM
OMG JUST MAKE THE FLAMETHROWER IMMORTAL FOR 6 secs ( time of ability )

YayaBunWa
03-17-2017, 10:58 AM
Are you kidding "Useless" what do u want a BIG TANK THAT WIPES EVERYTHING , go home L4ddy u are drunk .

Holy shit that's a good idea.

Infiladow
03-17-2017, 11:21 AM
The best scenario I can think for his ultimate is capturing the point
So it's only good for winning the game? Gee that is useless.

Not every ult needs to get kills. Barik's ult is awesome when used at the right time, exactly as it should be.

BurmaJones
03-17-2017, 11:27 AM
Yeah the only real issue is how it fades when he dies.

M0J0E
03-17-2017, 12:07 PM

Not every ultimate, as zVersee said. But it seems like all the ultimates in this game fall into one of two categories: either it puts your character into a special state that lasts for the duration of the ultimate (Androxus arm, Grover heal, Drogoz punch, etc), or it's a fire-and-forget thing that lets you fully control your character while the ultimate does its effect independently (Barik's shield, Ying's heal, Maeve's darkness, etc). In my opinion, it makes sense for the former to be cancelled when the champion dies, but those in the latter category should persist after the champion's death for its remaining duration.

Valkure
03-20-2017, 02:58 AM
(Androxus arm, Grover heal, Drogoz punch, etc)
I've died SO MANY times while ulti-ing with Grover...

Afmatt
03-20-2017, 04:39 AM
Better thing
Once inside you cant get out of the dome until ulti is over

Tangtaizong
03-20-2017, 05:18 AM
No, people.

Make Barik's ult double the stats of all of his deployables

IamDIDOU
03-20-2017, 05:32 AM
how dare you you retarded monster (JK) BARIK have one of the most OP ULTS ever , i can play barik with ult V5 and i won /spawn a shield with fire turret 25000 HP and 700 damage in 1 seconde even MAKOA and fernando die in 2 seconde you can secure the whol CAPTURE ALONE with this ULT /for me the most usles ULT in the game its INARA ULT or KENESSA ult
(BARIK MAIN ;) )

zVersee
03-20-2017, 06:08 AM
#BringBackBariksOldUlt? :rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/aNyuLE1.gif