PDA

View Full Version : Inara is Really Bad

tymandude1
03-11-2017, 04:04 PM
Now that I've played her for awhile I have come to the conclusion that she is not very good in any way. Her damage is low, her wall is only good for splitting fights and is far more situational than a shield, has no mobility so she dies extremely easily. The only viable way to play is by stacking damage reduction because diminishing returns is barely there so you can get 70% damage reduction pretty easily. Her cooldowns are also way too long at base making what she does even more situational.

Mushixu
03-11-2017, 04:27 PM
If you play her and build her right, you should be getting 70%+ DMG reduction every 5 seconds.

I can build her up to 91% DMG reduction. As a tank, this is very useful. Unbelievable sustain, very useful champion IMO.

tymandude1
03-11-2017, 04:28 PM
If you play her and build her right, you should be getting 70%+ DMG reduction every 5 seconds.

Yeah that's literally the only viable build and it's a meme because Hi-Rez hasn't done diminishing returns properly for resist.

Mushixu
03-11-2017, 04:29 PM
Yeah that's literally the only viable build and it's a meme because Hi-Rez hasn't done diminishing returns properly for resist.

High Sustain is super important for a tank. People mostly try to take the tank out, so having high DMG reduction is unlimitedly useful in a fight. I can 1v1 pretty much anybody with her.

tymandude1
03-11-2017, 04:37 PM
High Sustain is super important for a tank. People mostly try to take the tank out, so having high DMG reduction is unlimitedly useful in a fight. I can 1v1 pretty much anybody with her.

I'm not disagreeing with you but that shouldn't be how she's designed. It is still a meme because damage resist should not stack so well.

MarKr
03-11-2017, 04:50 PM
I think that the problem is that many people play her as other tanks - see an enemy group, put up a shield...well, the rest of your team can fire through a shield but not through a wall or sometimes there is an opponent who is running away with like 1/4HP left and Inara makes a wall in such a way that team cannot finish this opponent. But when you use the wall to separate 1 or 2 opponents from the rest of the team, they get slaughtered really fast. On some maps you can use the wall to block certain paths so opponent needs to take a longer route or backtrack (which buys you time).

Though I feel that Inara needs a good team to be really effective - good support who can heal her properly (she takes lots of damage due to low mobility) some Damage champ who sticks around and can quickly finish off people who get blocked by the wall etc.

So I would wait a bit longer till people learn how to play her properly and then I would judge how good/bad she really is :).

Mushixu
03-11-2017, 04:52 PM
I think that the problem is that many people play her as other tanks - see an enemy group, put up a shield...well, the rest of your team can fire through a shield but not through a wall or sometimes there is an opponent who is running away with like 1/4HP left and Inara makes a wall in such a way that team cannot finish this opponent. But when you use the wall to separate 1 or 2 opponents from the rest of the team, they get slaughtered really fast. On some maps you can use the wall to block certain paths so opponent needs to take a longer route or backtrack (which buys you time).

Though I feel that Inara needs a good team to be really effective - good support who can heal her properly (she takes lots of damage due to low mobility) some Damage champ who sticks around and can quickly finish off people who get blocked by the wall etc.

So I would wait a bit longer till people learn how to play her properly and then I would judge how good/bad she really is :).

Exactly, its all about learning hwo to play her. when to use your wall, and when not to.

Think of it like a skill shot, you want to time it inorder to secure a kill, or break up a fight.

Use it to block a path and secure the point. Use it to block their spawn in some levels inorder to secure the push.

tymandude1
03-11-2017, 04:53 PM

The main issue is that unless you go the wall card it's on way too long a cooldown and if you go for that card you end up being way too squishy.

Rhaenxys
03-11-2017, 05:12 PM

I can build her up to 91% DMG reduction. As a tank, this is very useful. Unbelievable sustain, very useful champion IMO. Im curious how you can achieve that damage reduction EVERY 5 seconds while all her cooldowns are higher than that.

There is 20% from warder field, 30% from earthen guard and an extra 20% for earthen`s guard legendary card so there goes the 70% DR, however warder field can be destroyed and both warder field and earthen guard have considerable cooldown, the rest of the time you have no defenses, impasse is just a bad joke and can be easily avoided on most maps, plus her healing cards are terrible.

I cant believe how there is people saying "she is fine, you just have to adapt/play different than other tanks" no, she is just terrible.

Mushixu
03-11-2017, 05:23 PM
Im curious how you can achieve that damage reduction EVERY 5 seconds while all her cooldowns are higher than that.

There is 20% from warder field, 30% from earthen guard and an extra 20% for earthen`s guard legendary card so there goes the 70% DR, however warder field can be destroyed and both warder field and earthen guard have considerable cooldown, the rest of the time you have no defenses, impasse is just a bad joke and can be easily avoided on most maps, plus her healing cards are terrible.

I cant believe how there is people saying "she is fine, you just have to adapt/play different than other tanks" no, she is just terrible.

I actually didn't take into account that CD for Earthen guard starts AFTER the full use. I was implying earth guard is 5s, and the ward is about 5s, so 10s CD- 5s of utility.

But I'm wrong about that.

She is far from terrible honestly. I have her at level 10. I usually win vs a solo tank. and I can even win against 2 tanks while I have no second tank.

tymandude1
03-11-2017, 05:29 PM
Im curious how you can achieve that damage reduction EVERY 5 seconds while all her cooldowns are higher than that.

She really is extremely bad. Her legendary damage resist should be base along with her wall cooldown legendary and more interesting legendaries should be implemented. As of now she either has an extremely long cooldown wall which is more situational than a barrier or she dies extremely quickly. Her ult also needs a shorter windup. She also needs cooldowns reduced on everything. I think she is by far the worst Champion in the game currently, worse than Skye or Maeve or Fernando. At least those 3 can perform their role somewhat effectively if badly unlike Inara.

It also doesn't help that Drogoz is still pretty broken and his damage is still insanely high and he does extremely well versus Inara.

Mushixu
03-11-2017, 05:31 PM
She really is extremely bad. Her legendary damage resist should be base along with her wall cooldown legendary and more interesting legendaries should be implemented. As of now she either has an extremely long cooldown wall which is more situational than a barrier or she dies extremely quickly. Her ult also needs a shorter windup. She also needs cooldowns reduced on everything. I think she is by far the worst Champion in the game currently, worse than Skye or Maeve or Fernando. At least those 3 can perform their role somewhat effectively if badly unlike Inara.

I have to disagree, based on the way I play her she is a very reliable tank, better than Torvald in my opinion.

I've never seen less hype about 70% DMG reduction. As if that is nothing.

tymandude1
03-11-2017, 05:36 PM
I have to disagree, based on the way I play her she is a very reliable tank, better than Torvald in my opinion.

Once again it's a meme. Damage reduction shouldn't stack like that and it technically doesn't fully stack like that.You are only getting about 60% damage reduction which is still retarded and diminishing returns should lower to to like 45. Even with this she still doesn't last as long as Torvald and Torvald actually has one of the best skills in the game with his Q unlike Inara.

Mushixu
03-11-2017, 05:39 PM
Once again it's a meme. Damage reduction shouldn't stack like that and it technically doesn't fully stack like that.You are only getting about 60% damage reduction which is still retarded and diminishing returns should lower to to like 45. Even with this she still doesn't last as long as Torvald and Torvald actually has one of the best skills in the game with his Q unlike Inara.

Guess it depends on skill.

I melt as torvald once they get wrecker.

I stay cappin that OBJ when I play Inara.

I cant live for sht as Nado.

Just depends on your play style I guess.

Again, just personal opinion, she is one of the best at sustaining in terms of how I use them.

SandCube
03-11-2017, 05:40 PM

The problem with Inara is that all her cooldowns start only after the effect ends. So you can tank for 5s, what about the next 10s?

Besides, her ultimate is even worse than Grohk's. That says something.

Mushixu
03-11-2017, 05:41 PM
The problem with Inara is that all her cooldowns start only after the effect ends. So you can tank for 5s, what about the next 10s?

Hopefully heals and your wall will keep you alive. The way I see it the DMG reduction is like an amasing ult that lasts 5 seconds that you can use every 10s... xD

MarKr
03-11-2017, 05:54 PM
The main issue is that unless you go the wall card it's on way too long a cooldown and if you go for that card you end up being way too squishy.Not with right build. Wall CD is 15 seconds, Earthen guard and Warden's Field are both on 12.
Chronos I reduces CDs by 10% so that is 13.5 on Wall and 10.8 on the other two.
If you go for Wall Legendary, CD is -7seconds (8 remains)...I don't know how Chronos counts into this but if it follows mathematical rules then multiplying goes first and it is 15*0,9-7=6,5 second per wall with Chronos I; with II and III it would be 5 and 3.5. There is no card for deck tha would reduce CD for wall.

For the other two...
Warden's field has card that reduces CD by sec/level; Earthen guard by 0.5sec/level so you can get it to 8 and 10 + Chronos.
So there are effective ways to reduce CD on her.
But what would you want, really? Lower CDs on her so that she can gain damage reduction every few seconds + spam walls all over the map? This way you can either protect yourself from damage with putting up walls more often (but have lower damage reduction) or have better damage reduction while putting up less walls.

Keep in mind what I said about good team composition - with a good healing + damage reduction Inara can survive a lot. Yes, with crappy team, you cannot do much and die quickly but that is sort of the case for every front liner (or champ in general)

AlucardXandy
03-11-2017, 06:18 PM
In my opinion, after the addition of the legendary cards... She is one of the most balanced characters in the game.

She is a character of total utility, not a character made to keep allies on the spot. She is better able to keep herself in the front line, I believe this is the point with the character.

Changing this will make her nothing special... if you buff the character and keep current control features, she would be a real monster and this is not "balanced".

I think the other characters should be nerfed (but specifically their legendary cards).

tymandude1
03-11-2017, 06:27 PM
In my opinion, after the addition of the legendary cards... She is one of the most balanced characters in the game.

She is a character of total utility, not a character made to keep allies on the spot. She is better able to keep herself in the front line, I believe this is the point with the character.

Changing this will make her nothing special... if you buff the character and keep current control features, she would be a real monster and this is not "balanced".

I think the other characters should be nerfed (but specifically their legendary cards).

Disagree. Her damage shouldn't be touched, she's suppose to be low damage her cooldowns however need to be heavily reduced along with her Legendaries needing to be changed. Her damage reduction one is basically necessary for her to survive and honestly should be base in her kit. So should her Wall one. I'm getting sick and tired of Hi-Rez's lazy ass Legendary card design where all they do is change numbers.

MarKr
03-11-2017, 07:10 PM
Disagree. Her damage shouldn't be touched, she's suppose to be low damage her cooldowns however need to be heavily reduced along with her Legendaries needing to be changed. Her damage reduction one is basically necessary for her to survive and honestly should be base in her kit.Yes, damage should stay. But heavy reduction on CDs? I just told you:

But what would you want, really? Lower CDs on her so that she can gain damage reduction every few seconds + spam walls all over the map?This is simply fact...even now she has good map control. IF she got the option to pop up walls more often and use her damage reduction and obelisk more often, she will be OP. I can play her sort of well and I haven't played that many games with her yet so I expect that with time I might get a bit better. My deck so far:
Legendary: Wall CD -7 seconds
1) Wall HP +1000
2) Standing near obelisk gives +15% damage reduction (with RMB = 45% damage reduction)
3) Standing near obelisk heals for 60/second
4) Wall gets +20% damage reduction from RMB (so 50% in total)
5) Inara's HP +300
...last game 18 eliminations, 3 deaths while team was Inara (me), Barik (turret build), Pip (healing build but he used the Legendary that gives bonus damage, not healing), Evie and Tyra.
Of course I had very bad games as Inara where I had like 3 assists and 7 deaths and we lost but it was because of team that did not cooperate enough. I think that Inara should stay as she is, people need time to learn how to play her and how to play WITH her in team because she requires absolutely different approach than other front liners.
If you disagree, fine. But tell me where I am wrong in my arguments because if I give you arguments, numbers etc. and you reply with "Disagree. She SHOULD be....and SHOULDN'T be..." without saying why or countering my arguments then this discussion leads nowhere, I'm affraid.

BurmaJones
03-11-2017, 07:12 PM
The only thing I want is for her to be able to cast Warder's Field a little further out. It'd be a lot more useful if it had some range on it. She's not bad though, just takes more nuance to play than other front liners.

Remember everyone, harder to play =/= weaker.

tymandude1
03-11-2017, 08:20 PM
Yes, damage should stay. But heavy reduction on CDs? I just told you:
This is simply fact...even now she has good map control. IF she got the option to pop up walls more often and use her damage reduction and obelisk more often, she will be OP. I can play her sort of well and I haven't played that many games with her yet so I expect that with time I might get a bit better. My deck so far:
Legendary: Wall CD -7 seconds
1) Wall HP +1000
2) Standing near obelisk gives +15% damage reduction (with RMB = 45% damage reduction)
3) Standing near obelisk heals for 60/second
4) Wall gets +20% damage reduction from RMB (so 50% in total)
5) Inara's HP +300
...last game 18 eliminations, 3 deaths while team was Inara (me), Barik (turret build), Pip (healing build but he used the Legendary that gives bonus damage, not healing), Evie and Tyra.
Of course I had very bad games as Inara where I had like 3 assists and 7 deaths and we lost but it was because of team that did not cooperate enough. I think that Inara should stay as she is, people need time to learn how to play her and how to play WITH her in team because she requires absolutely different approach than other front liners.
If you disagree, fine. But tell me where I am wrong in my arguments because if I give you arguments, numbers etc. and you reply with "Disagree. She SHOULD be....and SHOULDN'T be..." without saying why or countering my arguments then this discussion leads nowhere, I'm affraid.

So let's go over why she's bad:

1. She lacks survivability. Unless you run the very meme build where you get 60% reduction (which as I've discussed shouldn't be in the game to begin with) she will die extremely fast. Her wall does not allow for full protection of herself like shield weaving with Barik, Re-positioning with Fernando, Bubble Shield Makoa, or the large personal shield of Ruckus. If you compare her to Torvald she is a lot squishier overall for the majority of the game and lacks in-combat sustain like Torvald has. On top of this Torvald has arguably the best ability in the game with his Q. Ruckus even gets at least 30% damage reduction on a shorter cooldown but shorter duration. Even if we compare her to Turret Barik who has a small shield he still gets 340 Healing a second when around 2 turrets allowing him to sustain on the frontlines way more easily. Inara's wall lacks the ability to actually provide something in combat it just stalls things out as either side has a harder time killing each other and then once the wall is done you lose the fight because you have nothing else to offer. On top of this she has zero mobility which makes getting away from damage extremely hard. In the end she is by far the least survivable tank.

2. She lacks useful utility. Her wall is way more situational and really no more powerful than a barrier as it does not allow you to fire through it or weave through it like Barik shield nor does it full protect her like the other Barriers. Outside of her wall all she really brings to the table for her team is her obelisk which is honestly pretty shit, unless the entire enemy team is rushing the point you Obelisk won't do much. It slows tanks and then once they realize they walk out of the small AOE and destroy it. It's literally just a much inferior version of Mal'Damba's Gourd card because it has no range, does slightly more damage, doesn't heal on top of slowing, can be destroyed, and doesn't go on cooldown until it expires.

3. Her Ultimate is way too easy to dodge. The windup takes forever and makes hitting multiple people stuns quite difficult as most people just run out of the way.You can't use it defensively to save yourself either because the windup literally makes you just set there with a big mark on your head that says "Kill me please I can't do shit all about it!" It's just really weak overall.

I was really excited about Inara I really was but she lacks in so many areas. She can't be a main tank because she lacks in combat survivability and ways for her team to do damage without taking any. She can't be an Off-tank like Ruckus, Hook Makoa, or Turret Barik because her off point pressure is laughably low due to the no range on her obelisk and her insane damage fall off. She can't be an aggressive off-tank like Flanknando or Flankoa because her mobility is none existent and her survivability solo is quite low. This leaves Inara in a place where there just isn't a reason to actually pick her. She literally can't do any of the intended Frontline rolls leaving her even worse than Maeve or Skye because at least they can do their roles if poorly.

EDIT: I'm not saying she should be kneejerk buffed. Give her two weeks and see but as of now that's how I see her.

MarKr
03-12-2017, 09:40 AM
WALL OF TEXT ALERT! :D

1. She lacks survivability. Unless you run the very meme build where you get 60% reduction (which as I've discussed shouldn't be in the game to begin with) she will die extremely fast.Hmm...sofar you said to this topic:
I'm not disagreeing with you but that shouldn't be how she's designed. It is still a meme because damage resist should not stack so well.
Once again it's a meme. Damage reduction shouldn't stack like that and it technically doesn't fully stack like that.You are only getting about 60% damage reduction which is still retarded and diminishing returns should lower to to like 45. Even with this she still doesn't last as long as Torvald and Torvald actually has one of the best skills in the game with his Q unlike Inara.I admit that I don't watch HiRez videos or announcements very often (almost never really) so I have to ask - you say that her current damage reduction works wrong. Did HiRez say somewhere that her current Damage reduction stacking is not intended? You say specifically "this should not be how she is designed" how do you know her current state was not HiRez intention? Can you provide me with any links to source of your information?

Her wall does not allow for full protection of herself like shield weaving with Barik, Re-positioning with Fernando, Bubble Shield Makoa, or the large personal shield of Ruckus.You cannot give her anything of this because it is already in the game. Give her this sort of shield and she no longer brings new things to the game. Champions are meant to be different. You also compare her to some aspect of other front liners (shields) while you completely neglect everything else connected to her. You said in another topic that pepople play in team composition with main and off tank. Up till now it meant that when you picked Wrecker, you had advantage over both tank of opposing team. Her wall is deployable so Wrecker is has no effect against it. So picking wrecker gives to the other team chance to tear down the other tank's shield faster but they need to wait for your wall to expire or build Bulldozer and destroy it. If they wait, that means (if the wall is placed well) 5 seconds where they cannot enter some area, which gives you time to cap/push/contest. If they destroy the wall, they probably will invest into Bulldozer but that means that they will not destroy the other tank's shield so fast.

Also, "wall does not provide full protection". What do you mean by that? Barik's shield is probably closest to the wall but Barik can shoot through it and opponents CAN go through it too. On the other hand Wall blocks movement - just yesterday I played with Inara on Serpent beach. They brought me down to about 10% of HP, I went through a narrow dorway and used wall - enemy couldn't reach me and finish me off in time (support healed me). As Barik I would be dead - shield would not block opponent's movement so they would follow me through and kill me.

If you compare her to Torvald she is a lot squishier overall for the majority of the game and lacks in-combat sustain like Torvald has. On top of this Torvald has arguably the best ability in the game with his Q.Comparing her to other chanpions - who work completely differently - is not very good idea. But OK..."squishier"? With her damage reduction? Yes, Torvald can recharge his shield but once opponent reaches to Wrecker II (or god forbid III) his shield goes down very fast and with his lack of mobility he then usually dies fast. Yes, his "Q" is good but it doesn't really save you from dying because it last few seconds during which opponent can still go after you and kill you when Silence wears off. Maybe if you have really well cooperating team, they can protect you while you get to safety but that is the case with Inara too.

Ruckus even gets at least 30% damage reduction on a shorter cooldown but shorter duration.Again comparing two champs that have different way of playing.Just shortly - here you have 45% dmamage reduction on longer cooldown that lasts longer. It is a trade-off, why give her something that someone else already has.

Even if we compare her to Turret Barik who has a small shield he still gets 340 Healing a second when around 2 turrets allowing him to sustain on the frontlines way more easily.Same problem as previous two quotes. Barik's healing from turrets is probably his greates advantage over the other front liners as he doesn't need to rely so much on supports healing him. It is unique to him so why should it be given to Inara too? Also she ca get healed while near obelisk...the healing is weaker than Barik's turrets but it helps you survive too.

Inara's wall lacks the ability to actually provide something in combat it just stalls things out as either side has a harder time killing each otherBut those five seconds that cut off opponents from point can secure you capping. People use cards that increase duration of this or that by 0.5 second because even this small time delay can make a difference and stalling opponent by 5 whole seconds can make huge difference.

and then once the wall is done you lose the fight because you have nothing else to offer. On top of this she has zero mobility which makes getting away from damage extremely hard.Popping up obelisk+rightmouse gives you huge damage reduction during which you can attack opponents...so you can soak some damage that would otherwise soak your team mates and would die - good support is still needed so during this time Inara can receive healing which sustains her further. Grohk with totem Legendary + lvl4 Healing rain heals Inara for (520*1,2+(4400*0,04)) 800HP/second which, with her damage reduction, usually heals her for more than opponent can damage her.

In the end she is by far the least survivable tank.After what I said...is she really? She is more dependent on good team than others, that might be right.

2. She lacks useful utility. Her wall is way more situational and really no more powerful than a barrier as it does not allow you to fire through it or weave through it like Barik shield nor does it full protect her like the other Barriers. Outside of her wall all she really brings to the table for her team is her obelisk which is honestly pretty shit, unless the entire enemy team is rushing the point you Obelisk won't do much. It slows tanks and then once they realize they walk out of the small AOE and destroy it. It's literally just a much inferior version of Mal'Damba's Gourd card because it has no range, does slightly more damage, doesn't heal on top of slowing, can be destroyed, and doesn't go on cooldown until it expires.This reaction is already wall-of-text so I will make it short from here.
Wall being solid, non-passable has its benefits too (described above). In "nor does it full protect her like the other Barriers" you mean "other TWO barriers"? Because Barik's protects from front only, same with Fernando, Makoa provides 360° bubble but it is chanelled and when opponent comes in you are not protected. Obelisk with cards provides to you other benefits.

3. Her Ultimate is way too easy to dodge. The windup takes forever and makes hitting multiple people stuns quite difficult as most people just run out of the way.You can't use it defensively to save yourself either because the windup literally makes you just set there with a big mark on your head that says "Kill me please I can't do shit all about it!" It's just really weak overall.BK takes time before starts to "roll" and even during rolling he can be killed AND he needs to get close to enemies where they have no damage falloff. Drogoz pretty much the same (though he is really fast and harder to hit), Grover's Ulti can be almost completely negated by Cauterize (not even another Ulti), Grohk's Ulti is sort of crappy alltogether...there are many Ults that can be utterly useless or completely wasted in certain situations.

It seems to me that your only problem with her is that you try to play her same way as the other front liners and it doesn't work that way, but that is the point - her playstyle is wastly different from the other front liners and so playing her same as them is not effective. But that doesn't mean she is weak. I still believe that in right hands (and again team) she is very beneficial to team but people need to learn how to play her right. I don't claim I am there yet but I can see her potential and try to learn how to squeeze the most out of it.

LookGooD
03-12-2017, 09:43 AM
The only thing I want is for her to be able to cast Warder's Field a little further out. It'd be a lot more useful if it had some range on it. She's not bad though, just takes more nuance to play than other front liners.

Remember everyone, harder to play =/= weaker.

This is mostly true like everyone says about how kinessa is shit; but for inara, she's really weak.

Amlith
03-12-2017, 11:51 AM
Now that I've played her for awhile I have come to the conclusion that she is not very good in any way. Her damage is low, her wall is only good for splitting fights and is far more situational than a shield, has no mobility so she dies extremely easily. The only viable way to play is by stacking damage reduction because diminishing returns is barely there so you can get 70% damage reduction pretty easily. Her cooldowns are also way too long at base making what she does even more situational.

Really now? You complain that her DAMAGE IS LOW? You're saying that a front liner (AKA a TANK, A DEFENSIVE CHARACTER) doesn't do enough damage? Her job is not getting kills, it's controlling the battlefield with her wall (that is perfectly fine if you actually learn how to use it) and her AoE slow. If you want to do damage, stop playing tank and go play a damage or flank champion.

Branzer
03-12-2017, 12:21 PM

Dear lord that was a failed design. You have to wait for the wall to end/be destroyed for CD to begin. I guy tested it and found out that even with Chronos IV and the right card Impasse doesnt go below 8 sec CD. Bug or not it might be to prevent wall spamming. Thing is though you can go with DMG reduction build but with long CD you lack necessary utility. Gain utility with another build and you lose survivability. I dont think they thought this through, since they wanna rush 15 new champions. Like expected balance goes out the window.

BurmaJones
03-12-2017, 03:22 PM
This is mostly true like everyone says about how kinessa is shit; but for inara, she's really weak.A lot of people said Torvald was underpowered and shit when he came out. Now he's a top pick for his utility. Inara could end up quite the same when people better understand how to play her effectively.

tymandude1
03-12-2017, 07:02 PM
You're entire argument is based on the fact that according to you you can't compare Frontliners to each other which is entirely wrong and goes against any discussion of viability. Inara is fighting for a Frontline spot and if everyone else outperforms her she isn't going to be picked ever.

tymandude1
03-12-2017, 07:07 PM
Dear lord that was a failed design. You have to wait for the wall to end/be destroyed for CD to begin. I guy tested it and found out that even with Chronos IV and the right card Impasse doesnt go below 8 sec CD. Bug or not it might be to prevent wall spamming. Thing is though you can go with DMG reduction build but with long CD you lack necessary utility. Gain utility with another build and you lose survivability. I dont think they thought this through, since they wanna rush 15 new champions. Like expected balance goes out the window.

Her Legendary cards are the same boring generic bullshit that Hi-Rez has been shitting out instead of literally anything. Either her Wall is on a way too long cooldown or she has no survivability. Honestly I'm losing faith in Hi-Rez at this point. They say they want to make interesting characters with interesting Legendaries that allow for multiple viable styles but do shit like all of Ying's Legendaries and Inara. Like Jesus Christ how do their Legendary design meetings go? "So Inara has an ability that gives her damage reduction and surrounds her with stones for a duration. What do you think the Legendary should be? Should it do something cool like deflect projectiles for a bit or allow her so sort of damage reflect? Nah I got a better idea just make it so it gives more damage resist! HOLY SHIT THAT'S GENIUS." Honestly I'm getting so tired of this shit. You introduce Legendary cards and do fuck all interesting with them why introduce them to begin with.

MarKr
03-12-2017, 08:58 PM
You're entire argument is based on the fact that according to you you can't compare Frontliners to each other which is entirely wrong and goes against any discussion of viability. Inara is fighting for a Frontline spot and if everyone else outperforms her she isn't going to be picked ever.You are mixing two different things - yes, Inara IS front line and SHOULD perform as such but she is NOT meant to work same way as other front liners (none of the front line champs works same as another, no two front liners can be played exactely the same way) - and that is what you do - you say how Fernando can do this, but Inara cannot, so she is useless. Barik can do this but Inara cannot, so she is bad. Ruckus can do that but Inara cannot so she is bad.
It is as if I said this:
Ruckus? Total trash! When you compare him to Fernando his shield is WEAK and has less HP. When you compare him to Barik he has less mobility and his shield is still weaker and Barik can deploy turrets that constantly heal him Ruckus cannot so has no self-sustain. Torvald can syphon opponent's shields and boost his own which limits opponent's tanks Ruckus cannot do it! Ruckus is USELESS!
The difference is that Ruckus has been around for long time and you know how to play him to be useful. Inara has been around for few days so you (probably just as most of us) don't know how to play her. Since people don't know how to play her effectively, they try to play her same way as they are used to play other front liners but it doesn't work (try to play Ruckus same way as you play Fernando and tell me how effective you'll be).

I don't know how better/else to explain my point of view.