PDA

View Full Version : Barik is perfect

LordOfTheLightX
03-07-2017, 08:04 AM
i saw post as "Buff barik" "Barik is the worst tank", i just want to say that barik don't need buff or nerf.

http://zupimages.net/up/17/10/kc4z.jpg

BurmaJones
03-07-2017, 08:07 AM
I think he's in a good spot as well, though he's not the greatest solo tank.

Grats on your huge score. When the momentum is in your team's favor, Barik can really dominate.

ThePlayerKiller
03-07-2017, 08:26 AM
I think he's in a good spot as well, though he's not the greatest solo tank.

For the first time, you said something sensible

Plepple
03-07-2017, 08:59 AM
Perfect for what? For doing well with all cards stacked in your favor? To clarify, I consider Barik my main, and I tend to do really, really well with him, but that's only when I'm playing against people less skilled than myself. At that point I will dominate with every character in the roster, Barik included. The problem is that be it me or someone equally or more skilled than myself will beat a Barik with most characters out there, without issue. That's the reason he's picked last in tournaments, that's why people rarely play him outside of casual games. A Cassie, Pip, Sha Lin, etc will destroy a fully upgraded turret with one shot, having one rank in Bulldozer. One rank in one card strips Barik of one of his abilities.

Gordre
03-07-2017, 04:16 PM
Perfect for what? For doing well with all cards stacked in your favor? To clarify, I consider Barik my main, and I tend to do really, really well with him, but that's only when I'm playing against people less skilled than myself. At that point I will dominate with every character in the roster, Barik included. The problem is that be it me or someone equally or more skilled than myself will beat a Barik with most characters out there, without issue. That's the reason he's picked last in tournaments, that's why people rarely play him outside of casual games. A Cassie, Pip, Sha Lin, etc will destroy a fully upgraded turret with one shot, having one rank in Bulldozer. One rank in one card strips Barik of one of his abilities.

He is being constantly used on tournaments recently (since OB44). He could be used before OB44 many times with success though.

BahaisDontKill
03-07-2017, 04:27 PM
at first in ob44 i thought that Varik is still dead. But no, he became one of the most balanced champs, judging by pickrate in tournaments. The Turret and Shield card really helped him becoming a good secondary or solo front line.

Plepple
03-08-2017, 02:50 AM
at first in ob44 i thought that Varik is still dead. But no, he became one of the most balanced champs, judging by pickrate in tournaments. The Turret and Shield card really helped him becoming a good secondary or solo front line.

Was he ever picked before Makoa, Fernando, or Ruckus? If so, do you know which match that was? Did the team that picked Barik, rather than Makoa & Ruckus win?

He is being constantly used on tournaments recently (since OB44). He could be used before OB44 many times with success though.

Which matches? I urge you to go to paladinsworld, filter by the 2017 open qualifier and front line, and let me know what conclusion you can draw from that. He's not never picked, he's rarely picked. Winning a few matches when having one character on your team isn't indicative of that character's strength -- correlation is not causation.

BahaisDontKill
03-08-2017, 04:46 AM
I only watch the vids on paladinsvod and I see more and more barik. He is not a priority pick, but works well in dual front line strats. And I very rarely see fernando, he is kinda dead.

Plepple
03-08-2017, 05:16 AM
I only watch the vids on paladinsvod and I see more and more barik. He is not a priority pick, but works well in dual front line strats. And I very rarely see fernando, he is kinda dead.

Well I checked one of the open qualifier matched for NA a few days ago, and while Barik was picked, they lost that match hard. Team AGG using Barik simply didn't perform well, and I blame that partly on Barik. I think that the pro scene is trying out Barik now, seeing that he's fresh from having that nice shield card, but I predict he's not going to last long.

LoudSpy
03-08-2017, 07:05 AM
Depends on the team comps, but I do really like Barik again due to ob44

jbayyzazz
03-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Barik is a realiable champ

riptide9
03-08-2017, 08:05 AM
For once I see a form about a character that they are not wanting to add or buff or nerf. This is a good form and I agree completely with what you said.

sinosleep
03-08-2017, 08:17 AM
While Barik is my favorite champ I still think depliyables are in a VERY bad spot. It is WAY too easy for AOE champs to decimate your turrets even if you try to body block.

And no there's no magic placement that fixes that. Grohk totem can heal through walls turrets need los to function so you can't really hid them unless you don't want them shooting at anything and are only using them for the heal.

Deployables should be immune to splash. Not AOE, but splash damage.

M0J0E
03-08-2017, 10:23 AM
I agree that OB44 seemed to give him everything he needed and he's actually in a good spot right now. He is definitely not the best solo tank and he relies on having decent teammates who will fight behind the shield, but when the momentum is on Barik's side it is very hard to stop.

Maybe it's because I don't run a turret-heavy build, but I don't understand why anyone would ever take bulldozer when faced with Barik. They already go down very easily to just about everyone, so taking bulldozer just means you're not taking wrecker or cauterize, which will almost always be more useful in general.