PDA

View Full Version : Fix Torvalds stupidly OP ultimate.

james12345
03-05-2017, 04:11 PM
Starting out I want to say that his ultimate is only OP on certain maps, mainly Frog Island and Serpent beach to a lesser extent. But on either of those maps he can interrupt a team fight and instead of clearing the point and trapping the enemy team, he just kills sends them all flying off the map. It needs to be fixed so that you can fight over the objective without worrying about being knocked into next fucking week. It doesn't need to be impossible to kill people by sending them off the edge, but single handedly killing the whole team in less than 5 seconds by waiting for a team fight then ulting makes these maps unplayable in comp.

Ellezard
03-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Watch the item highlight. If you get rekt by Torvald ult, buy REsillence. It reduces his push rate too.

MadHamlet
03-05-2017, 04:20 PM
So....

Only at specific locations, at very specific moments, under specific circumstances you're vulnerable to Torvald's power.

And that's...bad?

Don't know what to tell you son.
Oh wait here we go: Keep your back to the wall all times.

There, fixed.
You're welcome.

ThatOthell159
03-05-2017, 04:22 PM
How is it overpowered? Just put your back near the wall or something.

OzzyOzzy
03-05-2017, 07:45 PM
It's overpowering.

In certain maps.

Seriously, Torvald's ults is sometimes useless in maps, especially Frozen Guard. It's only universal perk is a guarantee crowd-clearer on the point, like Barik and Mal-Damba's ult. It pushes enemies of an important location.

Other than that, just use your evasive skill horizontally, or buy Resiliance.

WarMongger
03-05-2017, 10:20 PM
if you dont like tor ult dont get on his way snipe him or better yet dont go to the direction his facing you know his gonna ult you noob

BurmaJones
03-06-2017, 12:31 AM
I don't like his ult either, it seems too strong for OT, but if you think about it, Bomb King and fire spit legendary Drogoz and other champs have stuns and knockbacks that serve a similar purpose, so I don't think Torvald has an op ult. It's just annoying as hell.

Turklord
03-06-2017, 06:57 AM
Get resil or just CC him any cc can broke his ulty..Like Makoa hooks

Crowen9
03-06-2017, 09:21 AM
Just two words - Map awareness.

Wallachia
03-06-2017, 09:30 AM
It's not OP if it's so situational you can only kill people in certain maps, at certain points and on certain positions.

DKfluffyDK
03-06-2017, 09:40 AM
plenty of champs has a way out of the ult tho, if you take Ghrok that over sized smurf he just have to use Ghost walk and his out, and im not sure if his CC imunity totem card grants safe passeage from it but there are plenty of ways out

sanjiluv
03-06-2017, 09:48 AM
Heres a fun thing to do as Torvald that isn't simply drooling while you attempt to push someone off the edge.

Just pin people to a wall near your team for dartboard like target practice.

UCALL
03-06-2017, 09:51 AM
plenty of champs has a way out of the ult tho

This! Most "F" skills can counter. You must be fast tho with some champs

DatJaneDoe
03-06-2017, 09:23 PM
I also agree it's not OP, but I wouldn't mind adding a 1s delay before the laser, giving the enemies time to get out of the way. Not paying attention to Torvald? Welp too bad.

Foxxhound123
03-06-2017, 09:26 PM
It's not op.

MrInanis
03-07-2017, 01:28 AM
if keeping your back to the wall is too hard.. OR keeping track of WHERE tolv is too hard.. then go max resilience? it does help to negate tolv's ult pushback.

rixinthemix
03-07-2017, 02:10 AM
It's not OP, but who even likes being knocked back enough (even with Resilience 3) to completely push a cart during Overtime or heavy contesting?

Huttmunkkeeeys
03-07-2017, 02:19 AM
First off, Torvald is getting a nerf in OB45, so that's one thing. Honestly he didn't need the nerf, but I think it was in preparation for Inara as her and Torvald may be a bit OP. Not entirely sure though.

Second off, his Ult isn't all that powerful. Sure if you're standing in a position where Torvald can fling you off the map then it's quite powerful. But you know what else can do that? Bomb King's Poppy Bomb and Cassie's Disengage. Not to mention that Resilience 3 is quite easy to get and practically negates his Ult. I don't know why so many players are so reluctant to get Resilience, but it's a quite powerful card.

Edit: Also, Torvald doesn't have CC Immunity while he's ulting. Can't tell you how many times my friend pissed off Torvalds by hooking them right when they Ult.

Vengeantta
03-07-2017, 10:26 AM
i wonder if torvald ult can push if barik in his ult shield..same with when makoa ult,ruckus n bk

Mayahai
03-07-2017, 04:47 PM
plenty of champs has a way out of the ult tho, if you take Ghrok that over sized smurf he just have to use Ghost walk and his out, and im not sure if his CC imunity totem card grants safe passeage from it but there are plenty of ways out
Yes it does. His totem CC immunity completely negates Torvald's ult.

rixinthemix
03-07-2017, 07:57 PM
But you know what else can do that? Bomb King's Poppy Bomb and Cassie's Disengage.

Yes, and Hyper Beam is like being hit by Poppy Bomb and Disengage TWENTY TIMES in quick succession.

CandySuxxx
03-07-2017, 08:43 PM
For a second i though i read 'Fix Drogoz' stupidly OP ultimate.', haha haha