PDA

View Full Version : Bomb King Chain Reaction change suggestion

QuagScoped
03-05-2017, 05:15 AM
As many of you know Bomb King got hit quite hard by OB44. A lot of his power got taken away and put into legendaries, I'll go over them quickly.

Accelerant is in a pretty good spot, it's BK's go-to legendary at the moment.

Demolition is actually really good situationally, so it's fine in my opinion. It does what it should do (destroy those pesky triple tank mofos).

Chain Reaction is were my suggestion comes in. Hear me out, Chain Reaction is pretty much never used by people who know what they're doing. It's almost impossible to get 2 bombs stickied onto people with a brain. The fact that BK's playstyle at the moment involves detonating your bombs mid air doesn't help either.

So what is your suggestion? It's really simple, instead of giving BK bonus damage on succesive stickied explosions, give him bonus damage if he manages to stick a single bomb on the enemy, let's say, 20% bonus. This would change BK's playstyle (which is what legendaries are supposed to do) from detonating bombs mid air to trying to get direct hits. 1.2x900=1080 which means 2 bombs would be able to kill 2k health classes (does 2160) if he gets direct hits.

Tl;Dr: Change BK's Chain Reaction from:
"When hitting enemies with multiple bombs, each bomb after the first will deal 30% more damage."
to
"Bombs which are stickied onto enemy champions will deal 20% bonus damage to that champion."

Mikeomans
03-05-2017, 10:39 AM
I see where you're coming from, but I see some people get 2 sticky bombs quite easily, when it comes to 3 or more however that's pretty crazy, but if a tank/front-liner has lost it's shield then it's usually much easier to get sticky bombs attached. From the looks of things Inara is a tank without a shield to begin with (although her cards may change that a little) So I think bomb king is more oriented around tank fighting.
Also for your change, do you mean for any bombs surrounding that champion? or all damage on that champion with the sticky (including allies) will deal 20% more damage?

WoodenBox
03-09-2017, 08:44 AM
Making the area of his bombs bigger would be better(probably).

Mundal
03-10-2017, 09:41 AM
Something like airburst damage of stickies increase by 30% or increase the airburst aoe. Problem with BK is that not only its hard to land more than two stickies, his aoe is also basically non existent. On top of that they put his successive damage ability into legendary. They even nerfed "or fixed" poppy bomb a few patches back, idk what they did but knockback - the height isn't what it used to be, i have trouble jumping on platforms i used to hop on to before easily.

Atlecx
03-10-2017, 11:23 AM
I see where you're coming from, but I see some people get 2 sticky bombs quite easily, when it comes to 3 or more however that's pretty crazy, but if a tank/front-liner has lost it's shield then it's usually much easier to get sticky bombs attached. From the looks of things Inara is a tank without a shield to begin with (although her cards may change that a little) So I think bomb king is more oriented around tank fighting.
Also for your change, do you mean for any bombs surrounding that champion? or all damage on that champion with the sticky (including allies) will deal 20% more damage?

It's actually quite difficult in higher levels to stick mulitple bombs onto people, and even moreso in the pro scene. Movement abilites + teammates can shoot the bombs off (which happens more than you think)

rrichglitch
04-15-2017, 11:50 AM
I think that giving him a flat increase to all bombs stuck would be overpowered but i do agree that chain reaction should be buffed so maybe something like adding a second to the time sticky bombs stay stuck giving you more opportunity to get more stuck on at once