PDA

View Full Version : STORY/TUTORIAL CHARACTER IDEA: Keeley, the Card Master

MajorPepperidge
01-01-2016, 12:39 AM

An idea I've had kicking around for a while, since I can't really come up with a solid playable kit for a character, I made Keeley here! She controls the cards and inherent magics within, and would guide you through a tutorial match for first time players. As for in the game itself, she might be hanging around the respective bases as a little easter egg, with maybe character interactions? Not sure, but a fun little idea to me anyways.

EDIT: Attaching the image makes it pretty small, so here's a link to a fuller resolution
https://i.gyazo.com/b236709fa06817d9be6265343eca553b.png

ideaty
01-08-2016, 12:14 AM
That's a really good idea, a scientist wizard lady meant to give some backstory, and perhaps be the announcer for lines like "Choose a card!". I wouldn't mind her being a playable character, either. However, I would have her design closer resemble the style of the cards. The Paladins symbol, on all of them, would probably be on her design, of a similar structure and palette. If she is at the very least the enemy for a tutorial battle, a simple bot in a practice map, I would expect her to throw cards as basic attacks, and maybe channel some ability from a big book like that.