PDA

View Full Version : Pip is broken in OB44

NicatsCage
02-23-2017, 05:40 AM
Seriously what the hell are his legendary cards? Two are what you honestly need:
Catacly or whatever it is called if you are running offensive(you will need it)
Mega potion if you are running heals.(hell yeah)
And the last if you are running defensive.(meh)

Now let's talk about Mega Potion: It heals double your allies health. I went with it today and well. It is broken as holy hell. Combine it with the card that gives your allies 90% health if you hit them ,but not yourself and you got yourself an insane heal amount. Plus the mentioned card can go up to 110%.
What am I saying is any champion that is close to death will be instantly at full health because of Pip. So a Pip running this loadout means it will be hard to kill any allies because as soon as they are low on health they will get all their health back.
Now yes Pip's health potion has a cooldown sure ,but it's only like 6 seconds. After 6 seconds it's back to the whole instant full health heal thing.

Broken as holy crap. What the honest hell was Hi Rez even thinking when they thought this was a good idea?

LookGooD
02-23-2017, 05:51 AM
Dude, every champ has these powerful legendaries. There is nothing to complain about pip's legendaries.

SandCube
02-23-2017, 06:12 AM
Seriously what the hell are his legendary cards? Two are what you honestly need:

Now let's talk about Mega Potion: It heals double your allies health. I went with it today and well. It is broken as holy hell. Combine it with the card that gives your allies 90% health if you hit them ,but not yourself and you got yourself an insane heal amount. Plus the mentioned card can go up to 110%.
What am I saying is any champion that is close to death will be instantly at full health because of Pip. So a Pip running this loadout means it will be hard to kill any allies because as soon as they are low on health they will get all their health back.
Now yes Pip's health potion has a cooldown sure ,but it's only like 6 seconds. After 6 seconds it's back to the whole instant full health heal thing.

Broken as holy crap. What the honest hell was Hi Rez even thinking when they thought this was a good idea?

Please, at least play Pip for a bit before making bullshit statements like that.

1. Gift giver doesn't boost your healing. It heals Pip for the percentage written if he uses healing potion on allies but not himself.
2. Healing potion has 8s cooldown and Reload card has 5s internal cooldown after use. Making it so you can only heal twice within 8s at best.

WunderwaffeCZ
02-23-2017, 06:16 AM
Buy cauterize... Pips heal gone useless, his legendary useless, game done.

BahaisDontKill
02-23-2017, 06:53 AM
He got the best heal buff, but he deserved it because he was useless at healing. But every healer got a buff, Ying got double heal too.
I am not saying that Pips heal is balanced, but we might be biased by the fact, that he was the worst healer in ob43. So if his heal is balanced, it would still seem op because you just dont expect that Pip can keep people alive.

Jusey1
02-23-2017, 08:39 AM
Buy cauterize... Pips heal gone useless, his legendary useless, game done.

Unless you're going up against a very smart Pip.

He got the best heal buff, but he deserved it because he was useless at healing. But every healer got a buff, Ying got double heal too.
I am not saying that Pips heal is balanced, but we might be biased by the fact, that he was the worst healer in ob43. So if his heal is balanced, it would still seem op because you just dont expect that Pip can keep people alive.

http://i.imgur.com/E1HTaxY.png

That is before OB44. In OB43 and before, Pip was 3rd best healer if you know how to play him. He heals way much more than Grover ever can and Grohk's Totem is very easily breakable which ruins Grohk's potential healing too much. Thing is, Pip is a burst healer and not a constant healer like Mal'Damba and Ying. So people has always thought he was a terrible healer, instead of learning how to use him and play him as a healer.

Don't blame the character, blame the player, and take responsibility for your own lack of skill/knowledge.

Brodeo
02-23-2017, 09:08 AM
Unless you're going up against a very smart Pip.

http://i.imgur.com/E1HTaxY.png

That is before OB44. In OB43 and before, Pip was 3rd best healer if you know how to play him. He heals way much more than Grover ever can and Grohk's Totem is very easily breakable which ruins Grohk's potential healing too much. Thing is, Pip is a burst healer and not a constant healer like Mal'Damba and Ying. So people has always thought he was a terrible healer, instead of learning how to use him and play him as a healer.

Don't blame the character, blame the player, and take responsibility for your own lack of skill/knowledge.

I wasn't aware that you could disable the effects of cauterize by being smart.

Pip was always a good group burst healer. His new legendary makes him really good at that

Jusey1
02-23-2017, 12:05 PM
I wasn't aware that you could disable the effects of cauterize by being smart.

Due to Pip being a burst healer. All he needs to do is check to see if the enemy team has cauterize and then heals accordingly on how those specific enemies are attacking. Unlike Mal'Damba or Ying, Pip doesn't need to be healing every second so he can wait for the cauterize to go off of his allies. Only way to counter a smart and prepared Pip is to have cauterize on a character like Tyra or Viktor who can keep it going. Otherwise, the Pip can just wait off the 1.5s of cauterize and heal right after it before they get hit again.

It's usually how I heal. I keep track of when my teammates is under the cauterize effects and heal accordingly. Sometimes if I have two teammates who aren't under the effects, I'll prioritized on helping them first while getting the other two next once they are no longer under the effects.

This is one of the reasons why I consider Pip to be a very high skill character to play. It takes a lot of management and game sense to play him as a support. (Playing him as a damage/flank is a different story and is flat-out easy, which is why damage/flank Pips are so common).

Wallachia
02-23-2017, 12:06 PM
Before you think that, remember, Pip can only heal once every at least 5 seconds.

If you want to kill an enemy in 5 seconds, come up with a good strategy.

NicatsCage
02-23-2017, 03:11 PM
Please, at least play Pip for a bit before making bullshit statements like that.

1. Gift giver doesn't boost your healing. It heals Pip for the percentage written if he uses healing potion on allies but not himself.
2. Healing potion has 8s cooldown and Reload card has 5s internal cooldown after use. Making it so you can only heal twice within 8s at best.

Please read what I said first.I'm mastery level 4 with Pip you idiot

sirREGlNALD
02-23-2017, 03:18 PM

Unless I'm misunderstanding something... mastery level 4 is pretty low. Sorry man.

Wallachia
02-23-2017, 03:27 PM

Which...doesn't mean squat.

SandCube
02-23-2017, 03:45 PM

And yet you still made 2 errors in numbers and completely misunderstood how gift giver works. Please.

CandySuxxx
02-23-2017, 03:55 PM
Dno why buff pip, his ult is already broken as shit.

Brodeo
02-23-2017, 03:56 PM
Due to Pip being a burst healer. All he needs to do is check to see if the enemy team has cauterize and then heals accordingly on how those specific enemies are attacking. Unlike Mal'Damba or Ying, Pip doesn't need to be healing every second so he can wait for the cauterize to go off of his allies. Only way to counter a smart and prepared Pip is to have cauterize on a character like Tyra or Viktor who can keep it going. Otherwise, the Pip can just wait off the 1.5s of cauterize and heal right after it before they get hit again.

It's usually how I heal. I keep track of when my teammates is under the cauterize effects and heal accordingly. Sometimes if I have two teammates who aren't under the effects, I'll prioritized on helping them first while getting the other two next once they are no longer under the effects.

This is one of the reasons why I consider Pip to be a very high skill character to play. It takes a lot of management and game sense to play him as a support. (Playing him as a damage/flank is a different story and is flat-out easy, which is why damage/flank Pips are so common).

So your plan is usually to wait until the enemy stops attacking your tank, and THEN toss a potion his way? The most important heals are the ones that let your tank last longer in a fight. Heals that get him back into the fight quicker are just icing compared to that.

sirREGlNALD
02-23-2017, 04:02 PM

Two words: resilience.

Rekt2G
02-23-2017, 04:09 PM
He actually is really strong, with the card that gives you 2 second cooldown upon hitting champions with your healing elixer he can get his heal instantly, however after using it once his normal cooldown is now placed. But here's the broken part, if you have 2 tanks and ONLY hit them, then your heal will be up EVERY 2 seconds and you can spam that.

CandySuxxx
02-23-2017, 04:10 PM
Two words: resilience.

Ty no. Im building aggression.

NicatsCage
02-23-2017, 04:15 PM

Just run away from the enemies as soon as he turns you into a chicken

Wattebausch
02-23-2017, 04:28 PM
Dont cry. Learn to play guys :D

sirREGlNALD
02-23-2017, 05:11 PM
He actually is really strong, with the card that gives you 2 second cooldown upon hitting champions with your healing elixer he can get his heal instantly, however after using it once his normal cooldown is now placed. But here's the broken part, if you have 2 tanks and ONLY hit them, then your heal will be up EVERY 2 seconds and you can spam that.

That card has a 5 second cd (I think) and also with the legendary card, his healing cd is twice as long.

sirREGlNALD
02-23-2017, 05:12 PM
Ty no. Im building aggression.

... ... ... Team with me? I can play deft hands Grover... <3

Jusey1
02-23-2017, 06:06 PM
Before you think that, remember, Pip can only heal once every at least 5 seconds.

If you want to kill an enemy in 5 seconds, come up with a good strategy.

Reload IV. Go check that out and use it as Pip.

Brodeo
02-23-2017, 06:30 PM

Reload IV has a 5 second cooldown. So you can heal, then heal again, then you have to wait for a full cooldown because Reload IV won't activate after the second heal.

rixinthemix
02-23-2017, 06:35 PM
Mastery 10 Pip here. I do think that his harass factor is a wee bit strong now. No idea why they had to buff his worst-case scenario damage on his LMB.

Huttmunkkeeeys
02-23-2017, 07:22 PM

Pip's healing is amazing, yes, but I wouldn't consider it broken. First off, the cooldown on his Healing Potion is a base 8 seconds. This can be lowered if you're running the Reload card, which lowers the cooldown by .5/1/1.5/2s for every ally you hit with the potion (Also note that this card has a built in 5 second cooldown to prevent it from being spammed).

Second off, you mentioned: "Combine it with the card that gives your allies 90% health if you hit them ,but not yourself and you got yourself an insane heal amount. Plus the mentioned card can go up to 110%.", this isn't a card. The closest thing I can think of to it is his Gift Giver card which has the 90% and 110% you mentioned. However, this card doesn't increase you healing, it gives Pip health based of a parentage that you healed your ally. For example, if you are running Gift Giver 3 and heal a tank for 2400, that will also heal Pip for 2160 health.

Lastly, any champions with cauterize that focus a hero makes it quite difficult for Pip to keep them alive. The main reason he was given this card was because of how many people complained about how Pip was a bad healer. Personally, this wasn't an issue for me since I tend to average about 100K healing with Pip. However, for the vast majority of other Pips, this wasn't really the case.

Szaal
02-24-2017, 08:08 AM
Cauterize tier 3.
Or yell to your flanker to kill the Pip.
Or just bring Tyra and toss the fire. Nobody can survive her molotov without moving away from the fire.

That's what we call as "build and counter-build."
Or simply just counter.

Wallachia
02-24-2017, 08:10 AM
Cauterize tier 3.
Or yell to your flanker to kill the Pip.
Or just bring Tyra and toss the fire. Nobody can survive her molotov without moving away from the fire.

That's what we call as "build and counter-build."
Or simply just counter.

Or people stop pretending they are in 5 1 x 1 matches and everyone focus the same enemy, since Pip can't outheal focused attacks due to the cooldown of his potion.

WarMongger
02-24-2017, 08:21 AM
ever heard of legendary card boost or your just rage on his heal quote only a heal that you can kill him if your good on aim if your posting this then you suck on playing paladin lol noob

Wallachia
02-24-2017, 08:23 AM

I have it on my deck, and that's exactly why I said that. True, you can pull out a lot of healing in less time in case of an emergency, but then you are stuck on his cooldown, and the enemy team can attack.