PDA

View Full Version : Fernanod is LITERALLY Out of the Meta after OB 44

MockCreate
02-22-2017, 03:24 PM
(I main Fernando. I've been playing as a Fernando main for 4+ months)

The DPS after the OB44 patch is really high. I played 7 games with Fernando today and saw my shield and HP Get melted. ( The shield's cool down has now been increased to 15 God Damned secs if you don't use Aegis Card. That's almost double of what it was before) As a solo tank, he can do very little if there if there is a Drogoz/Shalin in the opposite team as his mobile shield is now almost useless.

His Dps is the lowest in the game and now the TTK (Time to Kill) in the game is Fucking ridiculously less. You die much quicker even though you are getting healed, the shield goes down in mere seconds if the opposite side's damage focuses you and you are left with 15 seconds of being a sitting duck where the opposite team kills you off from a distance if you don't run away. ( And if you run away, your healer is Fucked )

I might be rambling because I had some bad games but how do you explain No One Picking up a tank for 10-12 straight games and you having to Pick up the tank.
I played as Other tanks, healers and with 2 games without a tank and had more enjoyable moments. Playing Fernando after the OB 44 update has been one of the most annoying things that I've been able to experience in Paladins up until now.... I thought that even though among the Professional teams Fernando was being picked even less in the tournaments, the OB 44 patch would make him good again but now, its BG.

Atilah
02-22-2017, 04:02 PM
Fernando now is fucking shit. Sad, but true.

SergeantGaming
02-22-2017, 04:12 PM
I would say Fernando got a buff. You've got to remember Fernando is a front line. He isn't meant to get kills, and he is one of the tankiest, if not the tankiest guy in the game. His shield covers a large area. and can protect multiple people.

Maybe it's about team composition. For example, try having a Ruckus and a Fernando with a Ying. The ying heals everyone, the Ruckus shields everyone for 30% (Maybe 60% depending on legendary card) and the Fernando blocks all the damage. Combine this with two damages/flanks and you have a very nice team.

Cyanian
02-22-2017, 04:14 PM
Fernando's shield was always 15 seconds. As such, if you pick Aegis it's a massive buff to his shield potential due to the 7 second cooldown reduction.

He also has the highest DPS potential of all front line champs in terms of main hand damage due to the fact that it is area damage, not direct.

I do agree however that he's in a bad spot currently. An infinite duration on the shield is useless though the cooldown reduction is great.

Atilah
02-22-2017, 05:03 PM
The cooldown was not always 15. Before, the cooldown was based on how much damage the shield blocked, and the cooldowns were since 8 to 15. But now you can't even shot a decent fireball if you don't want to wait 15 seconds for the next shield.

MadHamlet
02-22-2017, 05:03 PM
Don't know what to say...had two games with him tonight.

First one I had a perfect team; our Torvald was bubbling me in every right moment, my shield resisted well enough.
There were two epic moments, the one on topic is when the enemy Ruckus went Ult and I was RIGHT in front: Popped the shield, he didn't get a single hit on my team. (I died- it's my job)

When using weapons the enemies were the ones melting.

Our healer was in top form too. Yes I DID have Aegis and Tier 2 Chronos.
But the team was what made this Ferando wade through the opposition, sloughing off their pitiful efforts. (I DID IT ALL ALONE! You helped a little)

Second game was the opposite.

We had a new guy to comp. Didn't take the 2nd tank we needed so I was alone against a Diamond Grohk and Makoa who were in PERFECT Sync. I died.

A lot.

But our healer was pretty good so and we managed to make them work for the win.
So, no Fernando still has a place. He cannot stand alone- he never could stand alone and the sad truth is that most of his ability depends on your teammates. But then, outside of flanks, that's pretty much always the case.

LookGooD
02-22-2017, 06:35 PM
Fernando gonna be 2# Top pick after Makoa.. If you gonna play with fireball legendary , you have to buy Chronos for the shield.
If you go defensive ; 8k dmg shield plus +2k with card and 8 second cooldown with legendary... He's Tanky AF , as he should be.

C'mon we talking about infinite 10k shield here..

sinosleep
02-22-2017, 06:53 PM
Can't wait for the open bracket tournament this week to see where the pros stand.

Cyanian
02-22-2017, 06:54 PM
The cooldown was not always 15. Before, the cooldown was based on how much damage the shield blocked, and the cooldowns were since 8 to 15. But now you can't even shot a decent fireball if you don't want to wait 15 seconds for the next shield.

No the cooldown was always 15 base, 10 minimum. It is still a major buff.

Atilah
02-22-2017, 07:22 PM
No the cooldown was always 15 base, 10 minimum. It is still a major buff.

I'm lvl 19 Fernando and diamond, I know how it was.

8 minimum, 15 max. It depends on how much damage you shielded.

Gordre
02-22-2017, 07:52 PM
Fernando is still very good at taking damage and resist it through many resources. Infinite duration with cooldown reduction is not a bad card. He makes the other team need to break his shield. I tested that card today and the other team with 3 damages could not destroy my shield fast without them being together. The game was 4-0 before they could get wrecker 3.

DaSpyChecker
02-23-2017, 08:28 AM
Infinite shield, haha nice joke :D

Valkure
02-23-2017, 08:34 AM
Excuse me, guys, tank is not my cup of tea, so forgive my highly-probably stupid question. I've read that Fernando's got a permanent shield. How could that be a nerf?
Yesterday we had a game against a Fernando+Ruckus duo. We went absolutely crazy in trying to put that damn Fernando down. Why are you saying he has been nerfed?

Sikari
02-23-2017, 11:52 AM
Excuse me, guys, tank is not my cup of tea, so forgive my highly-probably stupid question. I've read that Fernando's got a permanent shield. How could that be a nerf?
Yesterday we had a game against a Fernando+Ruckus duo. We went absolutely crazy in trying to put that damn Fernando down. Why are you saying he has been nerfed?

Permanent only refers to it not timing out, which doesn't mean much because damage is so high these days that that isn't even much of a perk. Now, it also reduces the cooldown to a solid 8 seconds. That is a buff, but at the loss of baseline damage with Fireball. End result, because damage is so high he got indirectly nerfed and isn't able to score kills making him largely ineffective overall. In many cases you'd probably be better off with a really good player who is able to make kills and survive on their own, then take the node when people are dead and trickling in.

Azash
02-23-2017, 02:10 PM
That answers your question. Fernando is still good with good support, alone... he can't do anything.