PDA

View Full Version : While I appreciate Grohk's legendary cards...

SandCube
02-17-2017, 09:54 PM
...none of them address his trashy ultimate and squishy totem issues. Even worse, some of the champions will have an even easier time bursting down our totem with their legendary cards.

Hi-Rez, we're begging you here, do something about it!

Sikari
02-17-2017, 09:57 PM
His totem Legendary needs to be handled with care, it could easily become broken overpowered. But it's also very cool.

SandCube
02-17-2017, 10:03 PM
His totem Legendary needs to be handled with care, it could easily become broken overpowered. But it's also very cool.

What's the point in having increased healing and cc immunity if the totem gets destroyed in a second and then you have to wait 15-11 seconds for its cooldown to go off just to have history repeat itself?

I'm about sick of walking around corners trying to hide my totem as well as possible just to end up having it destroyed in no time by AoEs like Maldamba's Gourd, Drogoz's spit combo, Tyra's fire bomb without them even having line of sight. And if someone else but glances in its direction it's gone in 1 to 2 shots.

SushiSpanker
02-17-2017, 10:23 PM
if you complain that much about your totem being destroyed you are placing it in the wrong places and your tank is a joke
also his ultimate isn't bad it's just highly situational but if you use it right it wins a teamfight

SandCube
02-17-2017, 10:38 PM
if you complain that much about your totem being destroyed you are placing it in the wrong places and your tank is a joke
also his ultimate isn't bad it's just highly situational but if you use it right it wins a teamfight

I'm not placing it in wrong places. Do you think it's hard for flankers to get behind and 1-2 shot the totem? Or do you think it's hard for Drogoz to 1 shot it from above since there're almost no cover from aerial attacks in the game?

Please, think before you write something as ignorant.

Noxtar
02-18-2017, 02:53 PM
I agree, fix his bloody totem already!i mean, it's not like the healing is Overpowered if they have cauter. AND its the only healing we have, with a 11sec CD

My suggestion would be
1# Make it completely immune
2#Make it immune to AOE, such as grumpy bomb, spit fire combo or any other
3#Card that reduce the damage totem take by 20/40/60/80%
Make the totem immune for 1.5/3/4.5/6sec of the duration

And reduce healing accordingly to the card suggestion.

Riorim
02-19-2017, 06:05 AM
Im agree that the totem is quiet soft, but if enemy team dont take it down, its a very good AOE healing. So my suggestion is make it a mind game :

1# Make the totem smaller so your tank and teamate can easily cover it with their body
2# Make the healing zone invisible for enemy team so they dont really know if there is a totem active.

Miyonala
02-19-2017, 07:24 AM
With the CC reduction legendary, I don't see why it should get a buff to survivability. Otherwise 11 seconds of complete CC immunity would be quite overpowered. If you see enemy had no AoE damage, you can always draft Grokh, and bodyblock/shield-block the totem against other attack. With Drogoz/Bomb King essentially getting a nerf, they would be less meta, and you can expect more survivability for the totem now.

Jusey1
02-19-2017, 09:23 AM
Honestly, the cc immunity is bigger than you may think dude. You're basically countering Pip, Mal'Damba, and Bomb King almost completely because their biggest strengths are their ccs (well, except for Mal. His cc is strong but so is his healing).

SandCube
02-19-2017, 09:50 AM
With the CC reduction legendary, I don't see why it should get a buff to survivability. Otherwise 11 seconds of complete CC immunity would be quite overpowered. If you see enemy had no AoE damage, you can always draft Grokh, and bodyblock/shield-block the totem against other attack. With Drogoz/Bomb King essentially getting a nerf, they would be less meta, and you can expect more survivability for the totem now.

First of all, Totem is confined to a small area and curently gets destroyed in 1s by anyone. What 11s CC immunity are you talking about?

Secondly, Totem has at best 11s cooldown, which means that even if you build a pure healer you won't be able to heal anyone for entire 10s if your Totem gets instadestroyed. Oh and it happens all the time no matter how well you hide it or body block. Especially at around diamond MMR when ppl actually focus the totem above all.

Thirdly, what is Bulldozer for if deployables like Totem gets destroyed in a second by any champion in the roster?

And finally, your suggestion to pick Grohk only when there are no aoes is insulting. Nearly every champion has one or another AoE. Beeides, how do you bodyblock defend totem from ground AoEs?

SandCube
02-19-2017, 09:55 AM
Honestly, the cc immunity is bigger than you may think dude. You're basically countering Pip, Mal'Damba, and Bomb King almost completely because their biggest strengths are their ccs (well, except for Mal. His cc is strong but so is his healing).

Pip deals AoE damage and can flank with ease, and destroys totem in 2 shots. Maldamba deals ground DoT that gets rid of Totem without even having line of sight. Bomb King 1 shots Totem.

So, what were you saying?..

xRevy
02-19-2017, 11:44 AM
I play Ghrok a lot and I think it's fine. Ghrok is a situational healer. He is fantastic with a fat comp with Ruckus and Torvald sitting on point. What I would change if anything is the fact that you have to actually shoot it to destroy it. It should be immune to AOE's dmg not hitting it directly and things like Dambas Gourg, and Tyras Fire Bomb. You have to keep in mind that Grohks damage is actually pretty intense so even when you are not healing you are pumping tons of damage.

Monstrousity
02-19-2017, 12:49 PM
Then you play against people that aren't 100% retarded because whenever I play as Grohk the enemy doesn't give a donkey shit about my totem that outheals the damage they do.

My tip? Place it behind cover and walls,make sure to have that outreach card too. And guard it! Grohk's DPS is relatively good when combined with his rightclick.

Noxtar
02-19-2017, 04:21 PM
Devs please, Hear our prayers.

Jusey1
02-19-2017, 04:57 PM
Pip deals AoE damage and can flank with ease, and destroys totem in 2 shots. Maldamba deals ground DoT that gets rid of Totem without even having line of sight. Bomb King 1 shots Totem.

So, what were you saying?..

Better totem places. I've fought against some really good Grohks who made it hard to destroy their totems because they know how to use their totems and place it in some great spots. Be it behind their frontline's shielding or somewhere else.

Noxtar
02-19-2017, 05:01 PM
Better totem places. I've fought against some really good Grohks who made it hard to destroy their totems because they know how to use their totems and place it in some great spots. Be it behind their frontline's shielding or somewhere else.

Believe me, it is a lot harder than it sounds. Makoa is great for falling back a few sec to recover, fernando is ok~ but he needs to be fully aware that the healer is grohk, and then addapt to it.

SnakeNox
02-19-2017, 05:53 PM
Believe me, it is a lot harder than it sounds. Makoa is great for falling back a few sec to recover, fernando is ok~ but he needs to be fully aware that the healer is grohk, and then addapt to it.

Hello, fellow Nox from Sweden. ;)

Brodeo
02-19-2017, 06:12 PM
First of all, Totem is confined to a small area and curently gets destroyed in 1s by anyone. What 11s CC immunity are you talking about?

Secondly, Totem has at best 11s cooldown, which means that even if you build a pure healer you won't be able to heal anyone for entire 10s if your Totem gets instadestroyed. Oh and it happens all the time no matter how well you hide it or body block. Especially at around diamond MMR when ppl actually focus the totem above all.

Thirdly, what is Bulldozer for if deployables like Totem gets destroyed in a second by any champion in the roster?

And finally, your suggestion to pick Grohk only when there are no aoes is insulting. Nearly every champion has one or another AoE. Beeides, how do you bodyblock defend totem from ground AoEs?

The comment about Bulldozer is possibly the most important one in this thread that has been ignored so far. If there is a deployable-destroying card, then it needs to be viable against all deployables to actually make it an option for players to buy in a match. If Grohk's totem goes down in .5s anyways, then what incentive is there to buy Bulldozer

Miyonala
02-19-2017, 09:56 PM
The comment about Bulldozer is possibly the most important one in this thread that has been ignored so far. If there is a deployable-destroying card, then it needs to be viable against all deployables to actually make it an option for players to buy in a match. If Grohk's totem goes down in .5s anyways, then what incentive is there to buy Bulldozer

Your concern would soon be irrelevant, since the next champion to come would be Inara, who is full of deployables, and from her description, these thing is going to be seriously buffy. It's almost as if Inara is made so that Bulldozer can be used.

SandCube
02-20-2017, 09:49 AM
Your concern would soon be irrelevant, since the next champion to come would be Inara, who is full of deployables, and from her description, these thing is going to be seriously buffy. It's almost as if Inara is made so that Bulldozer can be used.

So what, Gohk will be unplayable in the same team with the new tank? With bulldozer even a sneeze can take down the Totem.