PDA

View Full Version : Why don't Maeve players take Resilience more often?

Miyonala
02-13-2017, 07:12 AM
I think the biggest danger to Maeve right now is CC. Slow/Stun/Disarm and she goes down fast. Yet I have never seen any Maeve takes Resilience, and opt to Haven if they takes any defensive items at all. Maxing Resilience is very cheap and can pretty much be done by the middle of round 1. Of course, Resilience does not affect Kinessa's mines nor Makoa's hook, but other than that, reducing say Impaler Arrow or Mal'damba stun to just 0.1 second is a big difference between dead and alive. And Maeve can just kill Kinessa if slow is a problem, and just need to stay out of Makoa's range.

SlenderLegs
02-13-2017, 07:16 AM
becuase they dont want to?

Samwyse
02-13-2017, 07:28 AM
It is because when Maeve is up against heavy CC champions they usually (at least I) use the persistance card (cannot be slowed below a certain %).

But yeah, it doesn't effect stuns though. So I might be trying more resilience instead.

AlphaCultist
02-13-2017, 08:26 AM
Prowl debuffs, doesn't it? That's the reason. Some of players need points for deft hands, but... this is another story))

Valkure
02-13-2017, 08:35 AM
and just need to stay out of Makoa's range.
Which is impossible, since Makoa is actually pursuing all the map looking for a Maeve to impale :-/ Believe me, Makoa is the problem, not Mal'd Amba stun.

Miyonala
02-14-2017, 05:24 AM
It is because when Maeve is up against heavy CC champions they usually (at least I) use the persistance card (cannot be slowed below a certain %).

But yeah, it doesn't effect stuns though. So I might be trying more resilience instead.

Actually, I'm not very sure how Persistent is supposed to work. For example, if you're in Prowl, and you got hit by Pip slow, does it has any effects at all (since you're still faster than normal even when taking the slow into account). Or does it reduce any slow effect down to a certain maximum, regardless of whether you have any speed buff?

Prowl debuffs, doesn't it? That's the reason. Some of players need points for deft hands, but... this is another story))

Still, if you are stunned/silenced you can't use Prowl, and even 1 Impaler arrow is enough to kill.

Valkure
02-14-2017, 05:27 AM
Still, if you are stunned/silenced you can't use Prowl, and even 1 Impaler arrow is enough to kill.
Hey, don't you dare to say that! Remember: Maeve is super uber OP and can't be killed by anyone under any circumstance!!! X-( X-( X-(

[Am I sounding credible? Not, eh?]