PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about Skye shall we?

Sevofthesands
02-12-2017, 05:17 PM
I could say many hurtful words about the flanker Skye here but I am going to keep this simple and as anger free as possible.

First off is her DPS it is easily one of the highest in the game. in 2 seconds she does over 3000 damage if you hit all your shots, this is not counting even poison bolts or anything else just straight damage. she can easily shred most anything but the burliest of tanks! This needs to be changed as it easily outclasses even some damage classes.

Second is her Stealth skills: i'm gonna be blunt thier bad like really bad. it's easy to find her without illuminate and in comp she's never used for that reason because if you want a flanker that is actually useful you go with androxus or say evie who's mobility skills make them better flankers by far.

TLDR: what this mean's is that in Casual its common to find a skye who just walks up behind someone and instantly kills anything with under 3000 health because in 1 second your already at half health or worse. and by the time you return fire you most likely dead or mopped up by the rest of the team.

and in Comp she's never used because pro players are always on the lookout for flankers and one will always buy illuminate if they see a skye invalidating her even more as a stealth flanker.

what she needs is this

Lower Damage or fire rate to lower dps into non ridiculous levels.

and Reworked Stealth mechanics so that she wont be instantly seen and killed the moment she comes within yelling distance of a enemy.

just some thoughts. have a nice day leave a comment if you agree/dissagree or main skye and want to call me a noob.

Spacey1
02-12-2017, 05:49 PM
I fully support all of this. You hit the nail on the head with everything that is wrong with Skye (and why I both hate and fear her and yet also sympathize with her simultaneously).

MCFISHERMAN
02-12-2017, 06:18 PM
You say that skye needs a nerf but realisticly her dps is supposed to be higher than dmgs but shes much more fragile and doesn't have a constant output of damage like dmgs do, as a flank main she can be annoying to deal with but as droxus maeve or buck i just shoot her quickly and move on, as a dmg i rarely find she can straight up kill me unless im standing still and shooting like an idiot xD

Spacey1
02-12-2017, 06:20 PM
You say that skye needs a nerf but realisticly her dps is supposed to be higher than dmgs but shes much more fragile and doesn't have a constant output of damage like dmgs do, as a flank main she can be annoying to deal with but as droxus maeve or buck i just shoot her quickly and move on, as a dmg i rarely find she can straight up kill me unless im standing still and shooting like an idiot xD

No, the suggestion is to buff her stealth and nerf her damage. Not just a nerf.

SnakeNox
02-12-2017, 06:52 PM
I would also like a small redesign, somewhat like what you're suggesting. Less damage overall, but more speed during Hidden. Also, would love a Talent that allows for a second Smoke bomb to be thrown within 4 seconds of the first. Would make way for less stealth, Smoke bomb builds.