PDA

View Full Version : Maeve is fine

Pubstomper
02-12-2017, 02:46 PM
I love coming on these forums for a good laugh every once in a while. I think I've seen it all at this point Torvalds is op, Skye's op, Tyra is op, Viktor is op, and now the new one lately is Maeve is OP!

Funny how a character that hadn't even been out for 24 hours has ruined the game and is completely uncontested and just too strong! Surely those people making those threads have figured all the ins and outs of this new champ, have completely mastered her, have had spent every minute of that 24 hours to come to the conclusion that yes in fact this character is too strong!(sarcasm)

the bottom line is this champ hasn't even been out for a week, no one , my self included (which I actually have dedicated 99% of the time I've played playing her)understand the character at a level enough to make A verdict on how strong she actually is. I'm still trying to figure out in what comps she's best in, how to approach flanks, do I go for extended fights or do I pop in,make a couple shots and get out similar to Evie, how do I utilize her cool downs, do I engage in a 2v1, which champs counter her and which champs she counters. These are all questions we have yet to answer before we can even begin to understand this champ.

So get outta here with this non sense that she's too strong, most of you complaining are sub-par players at the most

LoboSora
02-12-2017, 02:50 PM
The problem is that Maeve is a easy champion (which is different from easy to master). She is too easier to play than is easier to learn her counters. That is why people are crying Nerfs (Same happened to Torvald).

Thing is that Maeve is easy to learn, but once people start to learn to counter she will come back to normal.

Expecting people to understand this concept and calling them "sub players" is rather harsh and uncalled for.

But in one point you. The people need to learn a champion before crying for nerfs or buffs.

This awesome shirt for reference.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c1/c2/4c/c1c24cb50621f3ce3a95a549fcd65149.jpg

Pubstomper
02-12-2017, 03:09 PM
But she isn't too easy to use. Maybe at low elo level where everyone is bad. But you take her in a high MMR game where people actually know what they're doing and don't just stand still while being attacked you will find she is much harder to be effective with. In fact I think hitscan flanks like Andro and skye are easier to use, u litterally point and shoot.

Spacey1
02-12-2017, 04:17 PM
Sometimes she catches me off-guard or stuck in a corridor somewhere where she can easily do her dash combo, and others she just ganks me from behind while I am busy (though Skye is much better at that), but it sure is hilarious to watch her panic and run when I get my hitscan attacks on her. ;)

And it's even more hilarious when I walk her into a shatterbomb trap and just flat-out blow her up.

Huttmunkkeeeys
02-12-2017, 04:38 PM
Honestly, I thought she was going to get nerfed since so many people are crying for a nerf and so few people trying to rebuddle them. However, I just watch some pros play and Maeve in those games were vastly under preforming. Their Androxus was doing more damage and getting more kills then she was. After seeing that, I now have hope that she will not be nerfed.

rixinthemix
02-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Funny how a character that hadn't even been out for 24 hours has ruined the game and is completely uncontested and just too strong!

Gotta wonder what time zone you are at for being more than a week behind with that statement.

Sinistralsaint
02-12-2017, 06:48 PM
she dosent need a nerf or a buff some slight tweaks are what she needs like lower dmg when the daggers fly far and stuff like that .

KatangExKanari
02-12-2017, 11:03 PM
no she isn't fine hi-rez must buff her chest area