PDA

View Full Version : Maeve destroy Paladins happy fun time

WarMongger
02-12-2017, 09:48 AM
every time on character pick theres always 1 player click so fast on maeve to play her i hardly pick her cause that desperate player like her so much i only play maeve 3 times on my 24 match theres hardly a VS match where their no maeve pick also she can kill player so fast every time i got finish re-spawn i was killed by a maeve in just 10 sec outside the gate and that dmg combo is a complete nightmare 1 dagger 450.....2 dagger 900 + pounce 600 = 1500 + no dmg drop long distance + 0 reload + super fast nine lives = monster loli

Monstrousity
02-12-2017, 11:09 AM
Gotta clench those buttcheeks and hope for Hi-Rez to make a hotfix and nerf her ASAP.

Branzer
02-12-2017, 11:42 AM
Gotta clench those buttcheeks and hope for Hi-Rez to make a hotfix and nerf her ASAP.

Nah bro, skin packs are more important.

Monstrousity
02-12-2017, 11:57 AM
Nah bro, skin packs are more important.

Gotta release those new sexy Skye emotes

MrInanis
02-13-2017, 01:27 AM
game is dying.. maeve just made it more apparent.

Valkure
02-13-2017, 09:01 AM
I've tried her on less of ten games and every time I ask if someone wants to use her. They answered yes twice, so I let them use her. It is just a matter of politeness.
Still, I suppose you don't kill enemies at respawn, since you seem so annoyed by receiving this treatment...

M0TOKO
02-13-2017, 09:32 AM
If Hi Rez Studios wants to end Paladins, I think her nurf is unnecessary.

tuckingwhatm8
02-13-2017, 09:51 AM
she kills you in 10 sec wow thats so fast

SandCube
02-13-2017, 09:56 AM
she kills you in 10 sec wow thats so fast
10 sec? More like 2: LMB+RMB+LMB=DED

Valkure
02-13-2017, 09:59 AM
Have you tried to play with her?
I keep asking this in all rant-thread on her. No one answer. Try to play with her, see how it's easy to get killed, then come back to post. Really: try. I had the same opinion before trying.

Jusey1
02-13-2017, 10:44 AM
10 sec? More like 2: LMB+RMB+LMB=DED

Androxus can kill almost anyone in 1.5 seconds alone. In 2 seconds, Androxus can kill anyone who isn't a frontline. Maeve can only kill the more squishy types in 2 seconds that Androxus can do in 1.5.

NicatsCage
02-13-2017, 12:06 PM
She isn't that hard to play. She has the mobility she is hard to hit and she has that combo.
She NEEDS to be nerfed ASAP.

SirVeve
02-13-2017, 06:49 PM
People who whine about every new charter and cant deal with anything moving at a snails pace ruin my fun time, particularly when they get put on my team.

Also people who pull out numbers but dont know the numbers for other charters and act like the numbers they pulled out are impressive when you can see the numbers on the skill tab or google the wiki and quickly not be full of nonsense (because boy are they not impressive).

Mojiko
02-13-2017, 07:00 PM
It made me laugh, when someone actually mentioned." it's hard to land her both taggers". What a joke.

Jusey1
02-13-2017, 08:24 PM
It made me laugh, when someone actually mentioned." it's hard to land her both taggers". What a joke.

On a fast moving target, it actually is. Maeve's second dagger has a longer delay than her first one. Granted, she still throw her daggers pretty quickly but there is a delay, and an enemy (or you, if you're on the receiving end) can use that to your advantage.

Valkure
02-14-2017, 01:40 AM
Yesterday I had the opportunity to play again twice with her. A COMPLETELY DISASTER. And you know why? Because people have finally understood how to deal with her.
I was going flanking all alone and keep dying and dying (yes, now Maeve is the first element in the "to kill" list of whatever team), while the other Maeve was flanking around with Pip/Androxus/Cassie. A disaster. Maeve can't compete against anyone in a 1vs1 fight, if not full of life and taking by surprise.
And in other games, I've seen many other Maeve suffering the same fate. In 3 or 4 games I haven't even seen a Maeve picked. People are already learning how to counter her.

Schnickschnack
02-14-2017, 02:20 AM
meave is destroying this game.....totally over the top

Valkure
02-14-2017, 02:47 AM
For the thousandth time: have you play with her? Really, guys, please, start answer this question. If you had not played with her, stating and stating again that he's OP doesn't make any sense, because you had not tried.

Monstrousity
02-14-2017, 06:51 AM
Have you tried to play with her?
I keep asking this in all rant-thread on her. No one answer. Try to play with her, see how it's easy to get killed, then come back to post. Really: try. I had the same opinion before trying.

Seems like you suck at her cus I've tried her out and she's very easy to play

Mojiko
02-14-2017, 07:17 AM
Totally agree on that, she is easy to play, and require little brain power to play effectively. "played her myself" and hated every second of it.

MiraKabal
02-14-2017, 08:13 AM
Just be honest with yourselves, she is simply given too much utility. Huge upclose burst damage potential and no damage drop off gives her a huge optimal range. High mobility paired with her Q ability makes her extremely safe and significantly lowers her punishibality for bad positioning. And on top of that she has the double jump in case everything else goes bad. Either take away the heal and the double jump to make her a high-risk high reward character, or lower her damage output and range to make her a mobile harasser.

Valkure
02-14-2017, 08:19 AM
-_-' really, guys, you take things too much on the personal side.
If you had read all my previous posts in all the Maeve's thread (really: one is enough, stop opening new thread on the same topic), you would had understood the whole path:
1) first days with Maeve = woah! wonderful, miracles, 10 thousands kills and no death!!!
2) after a while = hey, people are learning how to counter her, so, no more thousands of kills BOTH for our team and for the other team.

But, of course, everyone sucks, sure. It is not that people are learning how to deal with her, but we suddenly become all dumber. Yeah, you're surely right. -_-'

MiraKabal
02-14-2017, 08:25 AM
-_-' really, guys, you take things too much on the personal side.
If you had read all my previous posts in all the Maeve's thread (really: one is enough, stop opening new thread on the same topic), you would had understood the whole path:
1) first days with Maeve = woah! wonderful, miracles, 10 thousands kills and no death!!!
2) after a while = hey, people are learning how to counter her, so, no more thousands of kills BOTH for our team and for the other team.

But, of course, everyone sucks, sure. It is not that people are learning how to deal with her, but we suddenly become all dumber. Yeah, you're surely right. -_-'

With all due respect, bs. A large part of her being considered op comes down to her high mobility. Just be realistic, dealing with her has a lot to do with having really good aim and that is something that is not going to go away after a while.

Valkure
02-14-2017, 09:01 AM
From what I've heard, many people here still complain about the lowering of mobility for BK and some other champions.
And many others complain that Maeve does too much damage.
So, the movement is not ok, the damage is not ok... What else? We shall lowering her HP and maybe glued her feet on the ground, just to be more sure...
I've read similar thread against Evie's blink or Skye's stealth. It seems to me that everyone just wants that his/her favorite champion will be buffed, and all the others, nerfed.

I am not good in game, I play since a month and I've never ever played fps before. Shall I demand that everyone else becomes less skilled, because I am not good? Or shall I improve my abilities?
I can understand a small balance on Maeve (as already suggested, maybe lowering her base damage), but taking down everything she has, it's just absurd. People are ALREADY learning how to deal with her, in fact I've not seen her in many games, just because players now know that they are easy-kill, if they don't play properly. Glorious Maeve's days are gone u.u

VeelaLee
02-14-2017, 09:22 AM
evie `s blink can be chased and she have slow projectile. Skye can be herd and if she get too close on u u can see her even she is invisible. what else. Life rip helps Tyra`s Nade lancher helo . Kinessa`s mine help Viktor got run Drogoz can fly. But what for Maeve? Well she jumps twice this means u can`t track her patt , when she is in dange Prown and done she is gone.What about when u`re on low helh? Skye has 20 ammo if she can`t hit u u kill her , Evie have slow atack speed can dodge again , Andro have 6 ammo.Mave?Well she got no reload, jump hitjump again out of ur sight hit and dead. Nine life? Hell yeah u`re dead.That`s my view

VeelaLee
02-14-2017, 09:23 AM
evie `s blink can be chased and she have slow projectile. Skye can be herd and if she get too close on u u can see her even she is invisible. what else. Life rip helps Tyra`s Nade lancher help . Kinessa`s mine help Viktor got run Drogoz can fly and etc. But what for Maeve? Well she jumps twice this means u can`t track her path , when she is in dange Prown and done she is gone.What about when u`re on low helh? Skye has 20 ammo if she can`t hit u u kill her , Evie have slow atack speed can dodge again , Andro have 6 ammo.Mave?Well she got no reload, jump hitjump again out of ur sight hit and dead. Nine life? Hell yeah u`re dead.That`s my view

Valkure
02-14-2017, 09:45 AM
Veelalee, tell me: have you already tried to play some games as Maeve?

truehypershadow
02-15-2017, 09:41 AM
well if you need 2 or more champions to kill 1 champion, doesn't that mean that one is OP?
what if hi-rez release 4 more of these type of champions, then won't it make other champion obsolete?

history has taught us, as damage and time to kill rises, the stress on defence is lightened,
mobility is stressed far more then armor,
medival era (armor and swords) , gunpower era, (no armor and guns and formations) , ww2 era (skirmish tactics) , current era (electronic warfare)

as the time passed, we forsake armor, we chose faster speeds, higher damage, the ability to kill before being killed.
maeve encourages this tactic, hence the meta is shifting towards, 3 to 4 flanks...

in a fantasy rpg, this will hurt the game alot
frontline + support + dps = hull + mechanic + cannon = a fully functioning slow moving TANK
if a single solder can disable or disrupt the hulk of a TANK, then there is no point in using a TANK
tanks are obsolete in our present world, a team of 5 elite solders can destroy a dozen tanks, kill a 1000 soldiers etc
it would be stupid to argue that you just need a teamwork between an army to kill these 5 elites
wouldn't it be simple to have 5 elites go against 5 elites??

with that same thinking if hi-rez wants to go with this route, they should make other champions complient with this trend

Valkure
02-15-2017, 10:00 AM
[...]
with that same thinking if hi-rez wants to go with this route, they should make other champions complient with this trend
In fact, since I've seen so many people complaining about X, Y and Z champions being nerfed, my suggestion was to buff the again.
Still, interesting point.

MiraKabal
02-15-2017, 11:56 AM
You joke but she is really ruining my fun with Paladins. Yeah sure them pro wannabes have no problem with her, killing her with ease and saying that she's maybe underpowered. However, for a regular casual player like me dying before even having the time to react is no fun. There is only so much pubstombing a man can take before he says: screw this game, let them Maeve mains duke it out among themselves.

SnakeNox
02-15-2017, 12:14 PM
I don't remember who said this, but a very good way to adjust her, would be to increase her difficulty.
In Pro games, she is about as strong as Evie and Androxus. But she is a bit easier.

So someone suggested she does 350 Damage per knife, instead of 450. But if she lands both Knives, she deals an extra 200 damage. This keeps her DPS at the same amount, but it takes more skill to utilize her full potential.

Otherwise, I would suggest nerfing her health by 100. And on top of that, reduce her Health increase cards a bit. Make her more of a glass cannon, since she is more tanky than the other flanks.

JeanPedroMiguel
02-15-2017, 05:14 PM
Agree with most of players Maeve destroys the whole balance and is able to kill any character in 3 clicks. The daggers should be nerf to let a single chance for other characters to escape. At least 400 instead of 450.

She completely destroyed the game...

JeanPedroMiguel
02-15-2017, 05:21 PM
First time i post something on paladin's forum !

Zeraphine
02-15-2017, 06:37 PM
her ultimate is unfair as fuck as well.

firenzee
02-15-2017, 09:27 PM
As someone said at steam's paladins forum...

The biggest problem with her is that she is by far the most unfun champ to play against. This is largely to do with her insane mobility combined with high damage output. When you die to any other champ, you know what you could have done to put up a better fight, possibly even survive.

This doesn't happen with Meave. Often I see 2's or even 3's struggling to take her down, and when I'm killed by her, it doesn't feel like I could have done anything that would have kept me alive anyway. This is not a good thing for players to feel, and can really hurt a developing games growth.

Anyway I know she's still new, she probably has some tweeks coming and hopefully in a few weeks we'll be able to play without her being picked literally every game.

Azash
02-15-2017, 09:39 PM
I don't like her at all... all i see is a violet blur, and the sound of her knives... seems really unfair.

MrInanis
02-16-2017, 12:49 AM
game gone to shit cus of maeve

DamnedCheese
02-16-2017, 12:56 AM
The core problem of Maeve is we don't have enough way to punish her mistake. 0 damage fall off with good base damage , excellent mobility , extreme quick and reliable combo that can be easily performed. Even group doesn't help to prevent getting combo'ed before you can react (as casual player , not those challenger level pros ) and easily escape after combo, it goes even worse if you are 1.8k hp champ.

For those who defends about Maeve , I would like to ask for some way to deal with her.

Valkure
02-16-2017, 02:05 AM
Guys, I am *NOT* saying that she doesn't need a nerf. I've only said that we can't pretend she'll be nerfed in ALL. So, nerf mobility, nerf damage, more skill to play, nerf self-cure, nerf double jump.
And then, what? :-/
I've played both with and against Maeve, and I've seen both good and dreadful players. In general, I'd say: let's nerf her. What I don't like, it's that many people are complaining about EVERYTHING.

So, what about thinking to a realistic way to nerf her? I've suggested "low her damage". If this champion is characterized by high mobility, let's her keeps her mobility, but with far less damage. This is my idea, if you have others, let me hear them. But please, feet on the ground: you can't pretend that she'll be nerfed on everything.

DKfluffyDK
02-16-2017, 04:45 AM
the little gnome needs a massive nerf, shes abit to fast got a outstanding overpowered self heal and you know when she pulls 2,2k damage in 2 sec and with 2 clicks theres something wrong

MistPeeps
02-16-2017, 04:47 AM
the little gnome
you made my day

DKfluffyDK
02-16-2017, 04:49 AM
you made my day

you're welcome
but point still stands shes way to fast like shes on meth or coke and she soooo tiny zeroing on her is such a pain

redbaan
02-16-2017, 04:55 AM
A few days before the release of Maeve I started to play Drogoz more often and I was playing really good...after the Maeve release it's been so much dificult, I mean in 1 vs 1 against her I kill her only like 10% of the times, even a noob Maeve can kill a good Drogoz pretty easy. With Makoa, Grohk and Fernando for example I do much better in the 1 vs 1 against her.

Branzer
02-16-2017, 07:59 AM
the little gnome needs a massive nerf
:D She looks like a 9-year old because the devs are trying to avoid being compared to Overwatch, and duplicate hero art styles they already used. Also yea she needs nerf.

firenzee
02-16-2017, 08:01 AM
Her mobility is what make her fun to play, so there is no point nerfing it. And her base damage (LMB) is ok compared to other flanks. Problem is, imo, her RMB. 600 damage for a skill that has like 100% of sucess is kinda out of place for a character with suck mobility...

I don't think her base damage needs to be nerfed. But Hi-Rez could increase the time between each dagger throw, they could set each dagger dealing 350 damage + 200 bonus if you land both daggers, they could set some damage falloff... And about her RMB, well, its too powerful and too easy to land. There should be some personal skill to be able do deliver such damage, but no, all you have to do is press LMB+RMB.

MetaTaro
02-16-2017, 09:58 AM
At first I thought Maeve was seriously OP, after playing a while she does have some counters so now I would say just a slight nerf is needed. I would recommend getting rid of the self heal, she is powerful enough and hard enough to kill without needing to heal herself. Take that away and I'd say she's pretty close to balanced after you learn to deal with her. I don't think nerfing her damage would be good because just like Skye, short burst damage is kind of the point. Also mobility is important for a flanker so that should probably not be nerfed either or if so only slightly.

What I really want though is to stop seeing her in every single match! She has become a must pick and NOBODY can deny that. I'm hoping part of the popularity is that she is new but I'm beginning to doubt that as time goes on. My favorite champion is Ying who is a definite target for Maeve so I'm constantly dealing with Maeve every single match and I'm sick of it. Guess in the mean time I'll play Grover or someone else who can decently counter her.

firenzee
02-16-2017, 10:05 AM
My favorite champion is Ying who is a definite target for Maeve so I'm constantly dealing with Maeve every single match and I'm sick of it. Guess in the mean time I'll play Grover or someone else who can decently counter her.

You'll have a bad time trying to land his axes on her lol

Ying is one of the best supports to counter her due to her hitscan LMB. The other one would be Pip.
Never tried Grohk against her but theorically he works too.

MetaTaro
02-16-2017, 10:13 AM
You'll have a bad time trying to land his axes on her lol
True but his cripple can be useful so that the team can "hopefully" take her out. Agreed though hitting her with axes is hard. Also I personally have a hard time countering her as Ying, usually because she can out DPS me, it's only when I can dodge her knives. If I can and she happens to now have nine lives then I can probably take her out. Against a good Maeve though Ying doesn't stand a chance no matter how good you are.

Ripper0O0
02-16-2017, 11:04 AM
guys, please notice that maeve is a good character, but the damage is too much to handle, 2 daggers deals 900 damage, then the right click thing = 600, then she can do it again, common, how i suppose to kill or deal with such thing, even if i am a damage dealer, i think you have to rethink about the damage, thanks

SnakeNox
02-16-2017, 04:25 PM
I don't think her base damage needs to be nerfed. But Hi-Rez could increase the time between each dagger throw, they could set each dagger dealing 350 damage + 200 bonus if you land both daggers, they could set some damage falloff... And about her RMB, well, its too powerful and too easy to land. There should be some personal skill to be able do deliver such damage, but no, all you have to do is press LMB+RMB.

I absolutely love this idea. She definitely needs to be a bit harder to play. Unlike Evie, Skye or Androxus, her damage feels very granted. hitting 3 out of 4 knives is common when flanking someone. And the pounce is free 600 Damage. Thats 1950 Free damage that is very hard to mess up. Use Nine Lives and there you have an additional 600 on top of that, which is pretty given as well. Its just tons of free damage that any decent Maeve cannot fail to dish out.

It feels impossibe to beat her, simply because it often is. So I highly approve making Maeve harder to achieve her maximum damage output.

450 dmg per knife -> 350 dmg per knife. But 200 bonus damage if both daggers hit.
Smaller Pounce hitbox
Very slightly smaller hitbox on knives.

Good players will still be able to use her efficiently, but average players will have a much harder time pwning newbies, so to speak.

SnakeNox
02-16-2017, 04:27 PM
Also I wanted to meantion that Grohk is a good counter to Maeve.
And Grover with his Root talent card will destroy Maeve, if Rooting also disables her Pounce.

Jusey1
02-17-2017, 12:07 PM
Also I wanted to meantion that Grohk is a good counter to Maeve.
And Grover with his Root talent card will destroy Maeve, if Rooting also disables her Pounce.

A good Pip can also destroy a Maeve.

ShanaDiva
02-17-2017, 12:28 PM
Maeve and Buck kill game for me.

Never again.