PDA

View Full Version : Maeve: let's be constructive

infectedManz
02-12-2017, 07:36 AM
Let's use this thread to propose modifications for this champ, shall we?

I believe Maeve has 2 main problems that make her too strong: her combo ttk its too fast and it's too easy to land her shots.

Her combo (lmb, rmb, lmb) can deal 900+600+900 to a total of 2400 in approx 1 second. Enough to kill more than half heroes in this game. Other hampions have complementary burst damaging abilities like Andro defiance, Cassie explosive shot, Tyra nade, but their combos revolve around a 1600-1700 range, while increasing if the player is actually very good at them.

This leads to: you dont need to be very good to consistently land shots with Maeve. Her lmb and rmb hitboxes are extremely forgiving. I've tried in the shooting range, and i've got this results:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W895IGPKMII

As you can see, beside the fact the daggers should have a double-synusoid pattern, they end up hitting both almost everytime. And her Pounce is so easy to land it's practically free damage.

Adding self-heal + pounce reload + small figure + high movement.. this gives her a really unfair advantage in most duels.

I'm mostly ok with her movement: it's what defines the hero, and should be treated as a peculiar feature like Evie's.

My proposal is: reduce the hitboxes and make her lmb daggers deal 300 dmg each. This will bring her in line with the other champs. It could be good to add bonus damage if both daggers hit, to reward good players.
Also the float after the second jump could be removed: her movement would be equally erratic, but it will require more skill to land her shots.

What do you guys and gals think?

KicksBrickster
02-12-2017, 10:06 AM
Well, the flanker class is supposed to have the best mobility and close-range damage of any class, so the combo isn't out if line. I do think Maeve needs to be taken down a notch, of course, but I think a 33% reduction in damage is too much.

I think Maeve should have a slightly increased delay between throwing her knives, which would deal 300 damage each. But, raise her skill cap by making the second dagger deal 150 bonus damage if both land, bringing her up to a solid (but reduced) 750 possible DPS and punishing her for missing. Of course you can adjust the hotboxes as well.

Don't even think about touching the rest of her kit unless it's extremely subtle adjustments. Her mobility makes her unique, to remove it would be to ruin her.

AlphaCultist
02-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Just double-jump. You don't even need this balance-breaking combo-you can attack from the front almost everything with very low chances of getting struck back.
Maeve is a cheat (or bug) three times : top daggers damage (+no reload!) -need to be nerfed at least to 350.
Top basic speed (50% would be far more enough!)
Double Jump (needs either be removed or at least be set on a cooldown)
If at least one of these bugs/imbalances are left -Maeve will be still the top pick of the game -and you can in general only lose if enemy's Maeve is better than yours.

I do not mind its healing-let it be, it can be countered.

MadHamlet
02-12-2017, 11:35 AM
Have you actually even PLAYED Maeve?

I have (Badly most of the time) Missing is easy, side stepping pretty much guarantees one dagger misses, pounce is great- when you hit and if you do NOT get the combo off, you're choices are Power hit or RUN. No power? You're in trouble. Then again maybe I've not gone up against master Maeves (I have). Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.

Welcome to real life.

LoboSora
02-12-2017, 11:53 AM
I just think her Double Jump should be worked into the "Talents" (or whatever they are being called now).

Monstrousity
02-12-2017, 11:54 AM

I have (Badly most of the time) Missing is easy, side stepping pretty much guarantees one dagger misses, pounce is great- when you hit and if you do NOT get the combo off, you're choices are Power hit or RUN. No power? You're in trouble. Then again maybe I've not gone up against master Maeves (I have). Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.

Welcome to real life.

You have 1,362 ranked elo and 1,553 casual elo. I don't think people will listen to you about what's op and what isn't,pal ^^. (and you main Skye ew)

SiderumNocte
02-12-2017, 01:50 PM
You have 1,362 ranked elo and 1,553 casual elo. I don't think people will listen to you about what's op and what isn't,pal ^^. (and you main Skye ew)

Terrible argument. I've been playing for a good while and I'm sure my ELO sucks. ELO isn't skill just whether you win or lose.
As to Maeve her double jump does have a limit, for example once you double jump you have to land again or hit with pounce and that will reset your double jump.
I will say she needs either a nerf to her damage or have the healing from Nine Lives be removed or be Heal over Time.

LoboSora
02-12-2017, 01:58 PM
She is just easy to play. That is the problem. But they'll fix it soon. I guess.

AlphaCultist
02-12-2017, 03:01 PM

Welcome to real life.
Maybe you are right. For me it is rather difficult to hit Maeve using Maeve. In addition I somehow managed to counter it using hitscan damagers. Still it needs to be nerfed. But I was partly wrong projecting my ping problems to balance.