PDA

View Full Version : MAEVE ITS BROKEN?? o.O?

SpaceJunkie
02-11-2017, 07:30 PM
HI ;) , i have exactly 304 hour playing this game. in the ob43 hi-rez add a new champion maeve, i see her skills and i say wow a combos champion, im realy bad playing kinnesa and against maeve i can win realy easy in 1v1 all the time, im lvl 3 with kinnesa (i dont play much with her) and the enemy maeve was a platinum lvl 8 maeve, literaly in all the match she dont kill me, i win all the 1v1 against that maeve and with my main androxus its the same story maeve need to take you with another enemy to kill you she isnt broken (its broken but not too much) she its a counter for all the champions without a good way to escape like viktor or sha lin but sha lin can 2 shot kill maeve, the point its in the forum i see A LOT of people with post like "MAEVE ITS BROKEN >:CCCCC" and how i see it the problem isnt maeve the problem its this "THE PEOPLE DONT KNOW HOW TO COUNTER MAEVE" grover its a good counter if she can't run away you can easy kill that maeve. pip can slow maeve a lot and she can run at the speed of light practicaly, kinnesa can easly put a oppresor deployable and kill maeve. :rolleyes:

If you are playing paladins you must know this: all the champions make diferent sounds and maeve have one of the loud ability sounds his prowl you can hear it realy easy his daguers have a loud sound and you can know where she comes from. :eek:

if this help you "A LITTLE BIT" i do my work here

i forgot some thing cassie its maeve counter if maeve use his ult cassie can use his ult and see the enemy with that black fog :cool:

Gordre
02-11-2017, 09:58 PM
I also think she is not so strong as some people say. Maybe she is a little overpowered, but nothing like broken. Like other flankers, she needs to get targets by surprise, so she can do the massive 2X pounce combo. If someone notes her, it's harder for her to have success. Anyone who can do damage from long distance can get her while she is moving and jumping with her slower fall speed. She has low HP and can't use instant escapes, only running away, which is a disadvantage, since some characters can still get her with good aim even while she is running like Sonic the Hedgehog. Blinking or doing 3 Nether Steps are more efficient for fast escapes. About Maeve DPS... Skye can melt anyone's life faster if she gets them by surprise, and she can repeat that, while Maeve has only a second chance, because of Nine Lives.

Arigena
02-11-2017, 10:34 PM
Sure Maeve player now will argue,but i say it - She is OP, burst heal,reset skill,very fast,450dmg per dagger. There is no way to defend against her specialy with Kinessa,she make Kinessa almost unplayable and made her useless.If any character need serious nerf,its Maeve.If she is able take down tank with one combo,then something is wrong.Even my Ying (main character i use) is defenceless against her,if she decide go after me as healer its 95% case.

Simply put: drop her dmg to 300 per dagger,change her heal to HoT ir completely remove it.

Yellow96
02-12-2017, 05:25 AM
Sure Maeve player now will argue,but i say it - She is OP, burst heal,reset skill,very fast,450dmg per dagger. There is no way to defend against her specialy with Kinessa,she make Kinessa almost unplayable and made her useless.If any character need serious nerf,its Maeve.If she is able take down tank with one combo,then something is wrong.Even my Ying (main character i use) is defenceless against her,if she decide go after me as healer its 95% case.

Simply put: drop her dmg to 300 per dagger,change her heal to HoT ir completely remove it.

I do not agree. Her main ability's dps is 900, the lowest after Androxus, but with the combo she reaches 1500dps. If you use Nine Lifes you can use the combo a second time, but you will not use any ability for a little time (the time of the animation, 0,5/1 sec?). Summing up: 1st second 1500 damage, 2nd second again daggers (900 damage) and Nine Lifes, while you are really vulnerable and you cannot escape/dodge, 3th second again 1500 damage, after that only 900dps, then you have the F to escape. Remember you have to wait several seconds to repeat this due to Nine Lifes' long time recharge (with cards if I remember it's 14s).

So, let's analyze. 1 sec. 1500 damage; 2 sec. 2400 damage and using Q great vulnerability but +500hp; 3 sec. 3900 damage. This is the maximum short time damage with maeve and after that you are really vulnerable becasue you cannot dash (and the F ability give you speed, but do not defend you from a good aim) and this works only if ALL the daggers hit the victim. If the victim is shooting at you, using the dash to attack will not dodge enemies' attacks because of your linear movement, if you try to dodge jumping in all directions you need a good aim to hit with both the daggers, and that's only if you are not seen by the victim before you attack him (if you are seen before your attack, you will recive a huge damage in order to frontly attack the shooter), and only if there is no anyone who have seen her coming.

These are facts, and I don't want to comment about conclusions because I NEED MORE TIME TO DEEPLY COMPREHEND THIS CHAMPION (and you too..). I don't like the q-reset ability, really dumb, I hope they will change it with something more interesting. That's all.

MrInanis
02-12-2017, 05:53 AM
imho not worth playing the game till they fix that broken char. going back to overwatch.

Yellow96
02-12-2017, 06:24 AM
imho not worth playing the game till they fix that broken char. going back to overwatch.

Than you play a game with roadhog in the PTS and you discover that his hook breaks with a road sign and if you manage to victoriously use it you discover that it brings the victim at 1km from you. After that you are killed by a flanking doped bastion, then you close the game blaming Blizzard and say "not worth playing the game till they fix this shit. going back to Paladins".

lol just kidding.. the new Bastion seems quite good :P

MrInanis
02-12-2017, 06:54 AM
Than you play a game with roadhog in the PTS and you discover that his hook breaks with a road sign and if you manage to victoriously use it you discover that it brings the victim at 1km from you. After that you are killed by a flanking doped bastion, then you close the game blaming Blizzard and say "not worth playing the game till they fix this shit. going back to Paladins".

lol just kidding.. the new Bastion seems quite good :P

if every char got the same chance to kill you then it is balanced.. in paladins atm we got a char that can kill ANYTHING (less tanks) in 1 single burts.. that's unbalanced and broken. not worth playing imho.

Blizzard is a $%#$$^ cash cow... but atleast they do know that balance is everything in a game and they strive to have balanced gameplay (else their wallets hurt).. Paladin's devs should learn 1 or 2 things from them.

WunderwaffeCZ
02-12-2017, 08:02 AM
Tried maeve with some improvements to speed and heal at my sec acc.

Joined a game. Ping 50-100ms ingame. Pushed F. Nothing happened. Pushed it once more. Q wasted cooldown healing me when having full HP instead of F doing something..
Then i pushed RMB at enemy. I have hit him and did a hit with both daggers. In general exactly for 0 dmg both. Then i pushed Q to heal myself. Nothing happened. I died.

Then i rushed enemy with F activated, RMB to him, both daggers. 450dmg wow. Pushed Q to heal. Nothing happened. Pushed it once more. After 2 seconds it finally healed me. Posthumously.

Last try. I countered enemy maeve. Wasted maybe 7 shots at her, shooting at body, but unable to count damage, the same did she to me. Then we were both killed by another enemies.

Then i ragequited.

GL HF with teleporting simulator.

SandCube
02-12-2017, 08:35 AM
if every char got the same chance to kill you then it is balanced.. in paladins atm we got a char that can kill ANYTHING (less tanks) in 1 single burts.. that's unbalanced and broken. not worth playing imho.

Blizzard is a $%#$$^ cash cow... but atleast they do know that balance is everything in a game and they strive to have balanced gameplay (else their wallets hurt).. Paladin's devs should learn 1 or 2 things from them.

Blizzard caring about balance? The biggest joke I've ever heard. They just please one vocal group and then move to another. All they care is about making the majority of players (low skill players) happy so that their sales stay sharp. They don't care about balance. They don't have a spine to speak of.

Take the latest Roadhog nerf as example. There was a guy that ran a survey whether Roadhog needs a nerf right after hook 2.0. 2/3rds of sub 2500 rank players voted YES, while 2/3rds of 2500+ rank players voted NO. Showing that it was a l2p issue rather than OP hero case. Yet devs didn't care and nerfed him to the ground to please the casuals.

Another hero bites the dust.

Now if Hi Rez had Blizzard's resources there would be no comparing between the games. Even now Paladins are much better than OW in certain aspects.

Yellow96
02-12-2017, 09:16 AM
if every char got the same chance to kill you then it is balanced..

I think that's absolutely wrong. This isn't 1vs1, but 5vs5, it is much more complex. To be simple, a balanced game is a game where mechanics are equilibrate, and this is not a problem of a champion against another, but it involves the whole metagame.

Cortechs
02-12-2017, 10:23 AM
My biggest problems with Maeve are her Pounce doing ridiculous damage, and her generally making the other characters' escapes obsolete.

As Ying, I was missing about 200 hitpoints, and a Maeve insta-killed me with Pounce. I watched the replay and she didn't throw a dagger at all. Just one Pounce - Dead. There is something buggy there. I am now recording all of my matches to capture this event.

Secondly, most characters' escapes are worthless versus a Maeve, as she can just Pounce/Double-jump/Nine-Lives to instantly reach you again. Versus a Skye, there is some play there. You have a chance to outplay her. Against Maeve, you are just screwed. It feels cheap and pointless to leave spawn, especially as a Support.

I must admit, with the addition of Maeve and the decreased TTK due to the Haven/Blast Shield nerfs, the game has been a lot less fun.

WunderwaffeCZ
02-12-2017, 12:50 PM
Pounce is bugged, doing damage twice if you know how to "trick" it...

SpaceJunkie
02-12-2017, 08:53 PM
i think maeve isnt that broken how the people say in the forum

i play with androxus and with 3 shots maeve its down, i play with sha lin and with 2 shots she is dead, buck with his life steal can easly counter maeve, pip with the slow or grover with the his right click, makoa with the hook, torvald with silence. There are a lot of ways to counter maeve.

i see people who have a "aimbot looking aim" like bugzy or defnothanzo and me but i play with 40 fps they play with 144hz or more and with 40 fps its more hard to react and i still killing maeve realy easly :rolleyes:

Valkure
02-13-2017, 03:08 AM
Pushed F. Nothing happened. Pushed it once more. Q wasted cooldown healing me when having full HP instead of F doing something..
Then i pushed RMB at enemy. I have hit him and did a hit with both daggers. In general exactly for 0 dmg both. Then i pushed Q to heal myself. Nothing happened. I died.
This happened to me so many times T_T I keep pressing Q or F and nothing happens...

I unlocked Maeve on Saturday, and these are my opinions, after a playing-weekend, using her or other champions (especially Ying).

Makoa's hook keeps killing me
BK's grumpy bomb --> stun --> death
Mal'd Amba (or where the *** is the apostrophe) gourd+stun = pretty dead
Cassie. Well, I hate Cassie, just one shot.
Sha lin, Viktor and Tyra keeps firing at me while escaping --> dead again
Drogoz... well, you can't always watch over your head, if you are already fighting at ground level, can you?
Skye. I also hate Skye. 1vs1 and she simply fires so often, with also poison bolts (slowed healing)... Q is useless, F either.
Evie. A single damn shot by Evie T_T
Against other tank, you simply take too much time to kill them, for being effective. In 2 seconds you are surrounded by damagers and you are already dead.
Androxus and his damned barrier: I keep being killed by my own knives.
Pip can slow Maeve down
As Ying, I've killed so many Maeves, that my illusions could wears a different coats of her for the rest of their life
Grohk near his totem is impossible to kill

you'll think I'm the worst Maeve ever. Not really: I've done my good amount of kills, very high (of course, in comparison to the team level, not the pro players) and always better of the Maeve playing in the enemy team (as a new fps player, I'd say I'm quite proud of my result). But still, there are MANY ways to kill her. I've played several games being others than Maeve and yes, she's killable. You just have to know how. With Ying, is so easy I was feeling guilty! (long life to shatter... and it works also during Midnight :-D )
I've seen other Maeves: they tend to attack in group, with a Pip, an Androxus or a Skye as a backup, because they know that in 1vs1 against a decent skilled player, they are dead for sure. You can only count on surprise effect to kill.

Many people here are speaking about what happened when a full-ability-available Maeve is standing in front of their already harmed character. But as a Maeve, you aren't full-ability-available continuously: cooldowns are really long, so, most of the time you are escaping. Playing both as a Maeve and as another champion, I've seen that the real problem happens when Maeve is flanking together with someone else. In that case, sure death for the enemy, but if you are alone, you are simply spending your time running back and forth to help comrades against the other Maeve. When taken alone, she's frail and easy kill.
In the end, I think she'll need a nerf, but not so big as I thought before. Maybe a lower damage in the primary weapon.

For all the people in this thread: when posting, can you please state if you have ever played her or not? Just to let us understand better your point of view, thank you.

Synepicx
02-13-2017, 05:43 AM
Only thing on Maeve what isnt okay now is her extreme speed, she runs faster as ~85% of projektiles in game, she can run the entire map twice before the mates comes to the middle. I understand that she need mobility, because its her flanking style, BUT the speed amount atm is just a big bad joke! A solid half amount of that would be enough.
Dont know what HiRez thinked about Maeve, but im sure it was something like "Fuck off, who need balance?!"...

MrInanis
02-13-2017, 06:30 AM
Makoa's hook keeps killing me
BK's grumpy bomb --> stun --> death
Mal'd Amba (or where the *** is the apostrophe) gourd+stun = pretty dead
Cassie. Well, I hate Cassie, just one shot.
Sha lin, Viktor and Tyra keeps firing at me while escaping --> dead again
Drogoz... well, you can't always watch over your head, if you are already fighting at ground level, can you?
Skye. I also hate Skye. 1vs1 and she simply fires so often, with also poison bolts (slowed healing)... Q is useless, F either.
Evie. A single damn shot by Evie T_T
Against other tank, you simply take too much time to kill them, for being effective. In 2 seconds you are surrounded by damagers and you are already dead.
Androxus and his damned barrier: I keep being killed by my own knives.
Pip can slow Maeve down
As Ying, I've killed so many Maeves, that my illusions could wears a different coats of her for the rest of their life
Grohk near his totem is impossible to kill

your exploiting your maeve wrong.

also .. it got 1.8k hp.. how come you getting 1-hited? also.. you should know that pounce ignores reversal (as well as shields) .....

also the issue with maeve is not survivability (that's why you see a lot of people stacking healing on her).. but alpha strike damage: you can do 900 (insta)+ 600 (cd) + 900 (insta) all in 2 seconds (and I wouldn't count the first second since the target wont be seeing you).. that is 2.4k damage in 1 combo (which gives the target 1 second to react).. that's basically enough to kill any char (not counting tanks) and you can even just spam daggers on tanks or just reset for other combo..

atm she got the greatest mobility of all chars.. also got damage that has NO DAMAGE FALL OFF (you get hit by the same damage at any range.. meaning you can actually snipe people with her) she can also self heal.. and a HUGE alpha strike .. also her pounce attack ignore shields (reversal and Fernando/makoa's I have personally gone tru.. dunno if ruckus and Tolv is the same) .. and no weaknesses (some say low hp but 1.8k hp is the normal hp for flankers)

compare it with evie : in 2 seconds evie can do 1.8k damage (if you get hit by 2 projectiles in a row) ...but her shots travel like 2 times slower than maeve's ... PS: evie can reach 2.4k damage in a combo .. BUT she gotta first use ice block (3 secs) .. then she gotta shoot twice (add 2 seconds and only works if people doesn't move).. that means that "combo" takes 5 seconds at the very least.. so yeah evie does 2.4k damage in 5 secs.. maeve does the same in 2 seconds.. that's an alpha strike that is more than twice as strong!

Z1R0
02-13-2017, 07:01 AM
Maeve isn't broken, but she breaks the game balance.
I posted 2 screenshots proving it, I dont really think it can be argued, it's not a matter of opinion.
If you play the game for awhile you should know what "normal" match stats should look like.
sure there will be better and worse players, but all in all when a maeve gets 20 eliminations while the rest of her team gets 7-8 like the screen I posted, It means something is not "normal".
when a lvl 3 maeve in the first game of its release gets top dmg and much more eliminations then the rest, it means the balance is broken.
it can't be argued because "I played vs an unskilled player".

NORMAL in paladins means : stats should show about a similar rate of dmg/kills on all fields and matches according to champ and class.
so its normal that of dmgs drogo/tyra/viktor will have highest dmg.
its normal that a flanker will have a bit more eliminations (by a small factor) since a few of his kills are solo ones.
its normal that a certain player will be better then another. so skye may kill kinessa solo but it cant kill kinessa AND tyra AND bk together while they try to hit her, but cant since she is too damn fast. like I've seen few timees in the past days.
or that she will kill a tank 1 vs 1 cause she can shoot from far AND close AND hit and run AND too fast for him to aim at her AND can reset skills and do it again AND so on....

Maeve breaks the game balance, pure and simple :
https://s14.postimg.org/4yul46pdd/20170213000009_1.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/f8x03ff8t/)image upload no limit (https://postimage.org/)

https://s24.postimg.org/j44pg63lh/20170208205650_1.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/rme5kia41/)free photo hosting (https://postimage.org/)

Valkure
02-13-2017, 08:43 AM
your exploiting your maeve wrong.
[...]

Don't take me wrong, but I hadn't written that asking for suggestions, but only to demonstrate that whoever can easily kill her, with the right skill.
Androxus can't counter the head-shot, but the combo knife+headshot means that I am the one getting the damage back (because you have already shoot the daggers when he use his barrier). And of course, I am not constantly full-healed while playing, which is a thing that many still hasn't understood. So yes, 90% of time, a shoot from A and one from B, or a stun effect from A and an area effect from B and Maeve is dead.
Still, in all the thread about Maeve I've seen till now, no one has ever said the important thing, so I'll try writing it bigger:

when you are posting comments about Maeve, please, state if you have played with her, or only against her, thanks.

Also, about the stats pictured here... yes, one Maeve has amazing results. But the others are average, or bad. So, it's not the character, it's the players. If you look at DefNoHanzo's Evie play, you will surely say "Evie is OP". But if you look a me, playing the same Evie, you will think she needs a nerf.
I think it's too early for posting conclusion, I need more evaluation too. Moreover, I keep asking: have you played as Maeve, or just against her? In the second case, I suggest you to try using her, before asking buff/nerf/cancellation/whatever.

Z1R0
02-13-2017, 11:22 AM
when you are posting comments about Maeve, please, state if you have played with her, or only against her, thanks.

When you say that Hitler was a bad person please state if you are a german or french...

If you say Messi shouldn't be allowed to play in a workplace league, please state if he is on your team or vs ....

that's not how it goes dude

NicatsCage
02-13-2017, 12:12 PM
Meave is a annoying little shit that needs nerfing. Sure you can hook her with Makoa I did that against her, you can stun her with bomb king and Mal Damba ,but for God's sake she is so fast that it's hard to even hit her. Against slow moving enemies which Paladins does have a lot they can't really do anything.
Oh let's not forget she can reset her cooldowns and that she has a card where she CAN'T be slowed making Kinessa's mines totally useless.Oh and Cassie doesn't one shot her.
Plus she deals a lot of damage. You die in like 1 second from LMB + RMB + LMB button. For a fast champion she needs nerf ASAP.

VeelaLee
02-13-2017, 02:08 PM
Hi Paladins fans. I found that Maeve is 'little' OP, BUT i think i find sth verry interastig about which champion is good counter for her i tryed with Tyra and i got some sucecces and little fail bc ì`m not good with Tyra. So here is the deal. If u target her with hunter`s mark u can track her and finish her or if u see she is low just trow grenade lancher and she is dead. Her ult well hunter`s mark do great job u can see her if u can mark her befre she use it. I mean when u hear the begin of 'Good night' mark her and voila she is dead if u hit her hard enuff. I tryed with Primaral might IV and i got almost allways Hunter`s mark active.Also by some Life rip to up ur chanse to survive

Valkure
02-14-2017, 03:08 AM
When you say that Hitler was a bad person please state if you are a german or french...
If you say Messi shouldn't be allowed to play in a workplace league, please state if he is on your team or vs ....
that's not how it goes dude
So the answer is "no, I had never played her"...
You don't need to be kept in a concentration camp to decide if genocide is good or bad, but you should try to survive as Maeve, before stating that she's impossible to kill ;-)

PS: [I don't know who is the other person you are talking about]

Mojiko
02-14-2017, 04:41 AM
Decided to buy maeve and test it out, dueling and flanking was piece of cake not much skill input needed. Regret buying her, cause i hate playing with champions which are easy to play, it doesn't satisfy me.

The second game i played against maeve, i already realized something is wrong with her. If some ppl say shes easy to counter, then i guess you never seen a skilled maeve plays, cause mostly skilled players wont pick her in first place. At least some have respect.

Valkure
02-14-2017, 04:47 AM
I'm touched at least someone has tried her, before speaking. Thanks, candies to you.
Still, if you look around for stats or gameplays, you will see that Maeve is now being killed with growing frequency.

Mojiko
02-14-2017, 05:14 AM
True, but something needs to be tuned down on her, so it requires bit more brain power to play her. At least her auto attacks has loud noise, so you know she's around.

It is not that i cant beat her, but it requires to much try harding then necessary, until then i refuse to play.
I'm Evie main myself.

Valkure
02-14-2017, 05:32 AM
Seriously, I had a new headphones 2 days ago, and I am becoming CRAZY for all the noise that Maeve does when she's around. Prowl is loud, daggers are loud and everything she does keeps killing my tympanums. T_T
I just would like not to hear *our* Maeve, but only the enemy's team. That would be a wonderful improvement.

Yellow96
02-14-2017, 06:09 AM
Seriously, I had a new headphones 2 days ago, and I am becoming CRAZY for all the noise that Maeve does when she's around. Prowl is loud, daggers are loud and everything she does keeps killing my tympanums. T_T
I just would like not to hear *our* Maeve, but only the enemy's team. That would be a wonderful improvement.

They fixed it just some hours ago ;)

QcDiablo
02-14-2017, 07:13 AM
In my opinion, Maeve is a little bit overpowered, but far away from being broken.
I played her and I was killed quite easily sometimes.
But I mainly played against her, and she's hard to deal with, but still beatable with good aiming and dodge skills. (I mainly played Cassie against Maeve)

The next part of the post is copied from my previous post on another thread:

She is "new player" friendly, and she sould not.
I think those would be good ideas to nerf her at low ranks (she needs to be good in ranked):

- Nerf her base health to 1700 (from 1800), so more card slots would be needed to not get 1 shot by Kinessa and just die not so easily.

- Nerf her base damage per dagger from 450 to 400 OR from 450 to 350 with 100/150 bonus damage to the second dagger if the first one hit (the bonus damage is to the same enemy ONLY, since she can hit two enemies).
Even if you hit two daggers, she would deal less damage than now

- Nerf her Pounce damage from 600 to 500 OR from 600 to 400 with 15/20% bonus damage for her next two daggers.
This is still a nerf in term of damage, even with the strongest stats that I wrote.

Personally, I like the bonus damage, because that would make her harder to play, without being useless at high ranks.

Please, stop making two hundred threads about the same thing, it's annoying and hard to write constructive things because you always have to re-post in new threads! :mad:
Instead, we could make ONE BIG THREAD called "Maeve's Balance".

Valkure
02-14-2017, 08:14 AM
They fixed it just some hours ago ;)
Really? <3 <3 <3 Love HiRez guys!

She is "new player" friendly, and she sould not.
Could you please explain this to me? I mean: which is the problem if also new players can use a champion or two as soon as they enter the game? Why should be important that they waste 2 months of fun, just to learn "the hard way" to use a champion? I can't understand why simplicity is wrong.

Please, stop making two hundred threads about the same thing, it's annoying and hard to write constructive things because you always have to re-post in new threads! :mad:
Instead, we could make ONE BIG THREAD called "Maeve's Balance".
It's 3 days that I think the same exact thing.

AlphaCultist
02-14-2017, 03:33 PM
Tried maeve with some improvements to speed and heal at my sec acc.

Joined a game. Ping 50-100ms ingame. Pushed F. Nothing happened. Pushed it once more. Q wasted cooldown healing me when having full HP instead of F doing something..

Then i rushed enemy with F activated, RMB to him, both daggers. 450dmg wow. Pushed Q to heal. Nothing happened. Pushed it once more. After 2 seconds it finally healed me. Posthumously.

Last try. I countered enemy maeve. Wasted maybe 7 shots at her, shooting at body, but unable to count damage, the same did she to me. Then we were both killed by another enemies.

Then i ragequited.

GL HF with teleporting simulator.
This is not only the ing problem. Paladins get ping issues not related to your ping as well!

Synepicx
02-15-2017, 05:05 AM
Always i play a match with or against a Maeve, we just have to ignore all others and only focusing her. If you don't she will carry the entire team through the entire match and thats a problem.. No champion should be able to carry alone a complete match. Her speed (faster of most projetiles in game) in combination with no needed Aim (cuz of that bad joke of Hitboxes) is just too strong, reduce the speed of 1/2 or 1/3 would be more/better balanced in all points. She would still have very much mobility (still most in game), but will need more active/intelligent dodge
(atm she just run around ignoring "incoming" attacks cuz she is that fast).

Atm Maeve is just a new "no skill required"- faceroller champ.
Bash the keyboard with your face and earn kills for it, thats Maeve.

VValkorion
02-15-2017, 05:22 AM
combination LMB RMB LMB Q LMB RMB LMB will deal 4800 dmg in 4.5s
i think this is little OP

QcDiablo
02-16-2017, 05:14 AM
Could you please explain this to me? I mean: which is the problem if also new players can use a champion or two as soon as they enter the game? Why should be important that they waste 2 months of fun, just to learn "the hard way" to use a champion? I can't understand why simplicity is wrong.

That's not what I wanted to say, sorry.
Maeve is currently performing "OK" in competitive, but she's overpowered in Casual.
So, my point is that we need to keep this performance in competitive (or she would be useless against better players)
and nerfing her in Casual by making her harder to play with.

combination LMB RMB LMB Q LMB RMB LMB will deal 4800 dmg in 4.5s
i think this is little OPWere you sarcastic on the "little" ?

No, it's not OP.
Think about it.
Drogoz, 4750 DMG in 4.25 seconds with LMB LMB LMB LMB LMB ,"gets a buff".

Androxus, 5400 DMG in 4.5 seconds with LMB only (9 times) without headshots.

Ruckus, 5952 DMG in ~4.5 seconds with LMB without headshots, is a tank.

Bomb King, 6300 DMG in 4.2 seconds, LMB only (RMB to detonate obviously).

Skye, 6750 DMG in 4.5 seconds, LMB only without headshots.

I forgot the reload time, but still...
Maeve's DPS is not that OP, also, it's hard to hit with her daggers.
The only "nerf" I think she should get are those that I mentioned in an earlier comment in this thread.

Valkure
02-16-2017, 05:46 AM
So, my point is that we need to keep this performance in competitive (or she would be useless against better players)
and nerfing her in Casual by making her harder to play with.
Are you suggesting to create 2 different Maeves, with different skills? :-/

Celessor
02-16-2017, 06:29 AM
Compare Maeve and Evie. Enough said.

DaSpyChecker
02-16-2017, 07:51 AM
Maeve's very fast speed, high jumps & small size practically gives her much more survivability than most flankers in 1v1 or even against many players. But at the same time She does very high damage very quickly & its very hard to avoid her, She gets a guaranteed kill in most situations. She is almost low risk but high reward.

Always i play a match with or against a Maeve, we just have to ignore all others and only focusing her. If you don't she will carry the entire team through the entire match and thats a problem..

Yep, if you focus her, other enemies kill you in the long time it takes to track, chase, hit & kill her. If you dont focus her she wipes your entire team & gets a play of the game.

QcDiablo
02-16-2017, 05:14 PM
Are you suggesting to create 2 different Maeves, with different skills? :-/

Basicaly, I just want to make her harder to play with, so she would be less effective in Casual but still as strong in high tiers.

MrInanis
02-16-2017, 05:50 PM
Drogoz, 4750 DMG in 4.25 seconds with LMB LMB LMB LMB LMB ,"gets a buff".

Androxus, 5400 DMG in 4.5 seconds with LMB only (9 times) without headshots.

Ruckus, 5952 DMG in ~4.5 seconds with LMB without headshots, is a tank.

Bomb King, 6300 DMG in 4.2 seconds, LMB only (RMB to detonate obviously).

Skye, 6750 DMG in 4.5 seconds, LMB only without headshots.

damage fall off , reload and projective travel times kills their damage and makes maeve's (that doesn't have a any of those problems) all the more noticeable.

drogoz: 6 shots .. you can actually OUTRUN the missiles if drogoz is farther than 20 mts and you see him

Androx: 6 shots 1 every 0.5 .. and they will do like half damage further than 8 mts away! you gotta be right besides your target to do the most damage

ruckus: lol he turns so slowly.. you can actually outrun his turning speed if you are close to him and normaly the time the machine guns take to reach highest speed/damage is enough to just kill ruckus or get out the way

bomb king: hes soo slow and his bombs are tricky to land .. have you ever landed a sticky bomb on a maeve running around you? not only they have a angle but they also have a travel time.. require a lot more skill to actually use than maeve's knifes.

skye: only has 20 bullets and shoot evey 0.1 sec.. meaning that after 2 seconds shooting she will have to reload .. also have you seen the damage fall off on her shots? her fall off range is lower than androx!! .. not only that but she also loses accuracy while shooting .. either 10% or 20% of the shots will miss if she just keeps firing.. the case is the same as androx: she gotta be right next to the target to do the most damage.

now maeve:

advantages:
-no damage fall off : you can snipe people.
-you can heal yourself
-you don't have to reload
-you can do 2.4k damage in 2 secs... and you can reset your cds to do it again or run away..
-your knives travel really really fast (faster than drogo's MISSILES)
-you could run at more the double speed of other players ( 80% + 30% from nimble rank 3) .. that means you could faster than horses......
-you can double jump meaning you can reach odd places and also attack from the sky
-can push people out of ledges (pounce pushes back enemies)
-ultimate makes is so she can "stealth" to go for a kill.. after all she is invisible if her enemies cant see her, right?

disadvantages:
-doesn't do area damage?

IOW: maeve can do damage per shot like evie, attacks as fast as skye, heals more than pip. moves faster than all champion's horses , can fly up like androx and attack from the sky like drogos... only thing she cant do is aoes....

Valkure
02-17-2017, 03:47 AM
-you could run at more the double speed of other players ( 80% + 30% from nimble rank 3) .. that means you could faster than horses......
All perfect, except for this. Speed bonus doesn't stack: only the bigger one is working.
Still, you are 100% right with your report.

By the way: from what I've understood, HiRez has nerfed many champions, in the past. What about buffing them back?

MiraKabal
02-17-2017, 03:51 AM
As I said in another thread, I'm not a good player by any means, but with every other champion I die to, I can clearly see that I did something wrong; bad aim, bad positioning, over extending. With Maeve, though, 8/10 times I don't even have the time to make a mistake before she kills me. Seriously, people who are claiming Maeve is easy to counter, am I just hopelessly bad at these types of games? if so then maybe I should just cut my losses and quit already.

MrInanis
02-17-2017, 04:47 AM
All perfect, except for this. Speed bonus doesn't stack: only the bigger one is working.
Still, you are 100% right with your report.

By the way: from what I've understood, HiRez has nerfed many champions, in the past. What about buffing them back?

pretty sure the +80% and +30% stack , I have actually seen it in game that and you run why faster with the +30%

I dunno if they stack additively (80% + 30% = 110% extra speed) or multiplicatively ( 1*1.80*1.3 = 2.34 -> 134% extra speed) doesn't matter since both stacking ways are faster than horses, but they do stack.. you can test it on maeve or in victor they both have skills that increase run speed besides the +30% from nimble III

PS: a victor using hustle and nimble 3 CAN OUTRUN a maeve (as long as she doesn't fly) if the maeve isn't using nimble. .... yeah been trying several classes to see which has actually more success against maeve.. so far only victor and evie can actually run away... if they don't die from her burst >.< funnily enough I have more success killing maeves with ying.. lol (till they stack cauterize rank 2+ x.x ) .. it also helps that illusions that shatter still follow maeve even if she uses her ult...

Valkure
02-17-2017, 07:34 AM
I don't know, maybe it's a bug, but HiRez had answered to this some time ago, and they said that you just keep your higher bonus. If for whatever reason, you loose the first bonus (ie: Maeve has 80% during prowl, but in normal situation, she has not), then you use nimble bonus.
Yes, I kill Maeve with Ying's illusions too. Moreover... illusions ignore Midnight ;-)