PDA

View Full Version : Maeve broken compared to her "similars"

TwinDiaper
02-11-2017, 10:53 AM
https://gyazo.com/7884b6d457609db6c08c923e302e4f54

The base damage of her auto attacks are 450 each, which means she 4 hits every squisher champion such as Skye and other similars who have 1800hp or less. That intop of the 100% CDR Reduction COMBINED with a heal on her Q makes it a fully broken champ as many others on release. This makes it unfair for any champion of similar "role" to go 1v1 against her where she basicly just needs to auto hits you 4 times and ontop of that can heal along side it. These so called "assassins" or FLANKers should be similar in the sense of being able to 1v1 eachother and not getting 1shot by a simple 2 auto + 1 skill.

Thoughts?

QcDiablo
02-11-2017, 01:31 PM
https://gyazo.com/7884b6d457609db6c08c923e302e4f54
1shot by a simple 2 auto + 1 skill.

If it's 2 basic attacks + 1 skill, it's not one shot don't you think?
Also, her basic attacks are two in fact, so it should be 4 basic attacks + 1 skill...

In my opinion, Maeve is a little bit too powerful, but not broken.
The best option would be to nerf her damage from 450 per knife to 400 per knife, so she would need one more shot to kill 1800 HP characters.
But, even this option is not very appropriate, because there would be no difference for 2100+ HP characters, she would be countered too easily by Cassie and would not excel a flanking anymore (ex : one more shot to kill kinessa can be game breaking)

I think we should learn how to counter her instead of nerfing her.

Schroif
02-11-2017, 01:38 PM
she would be countered too easily by Cassie and would not excel a flanking anymore (ex : one more shot to kill kinessa can be game breaking)

She must not excel at flanking she has to be in a row with other flankers, so please stop clutching a straw and justify your OP main.

Migrayne
02-11-2017, 02:54 PM
In my opinion, Maeve is a little bit too powerful, but not broken.
The best option would be to nerf her damage from 450 per knife to 400 per knife, so she would need one more shot to kill 1800 HP characters.
But, even this option is not very appropriate, because there would be no difference for 2100+ HP characters, she would be countered too easily by Cassie and would not excel a flanking anymore (ex : one more shot to kill kinessa can be game breaking)

I think we should learn how to counter her instead of nerfing her.

Of course she still excels at flanking. She is the fastest champ. She can reset her cooldowns and heal herself. She does insane damage. Saying it takes 4 hits to kill a 1800 is kind of rediculous. Both daggers almost aways hit, thats 2 clicks to kill an 1800. She doesnt even have to aim for headshots. When 1 champ has that much speed no one can chase her, or barely hit her when running away.

She is high reward with low risk right now.

Huttmunkkeeeys
02-11-2017, 04:41 PM
She must not excel at flanking she has to be in a row with other flankers, so please stop clutching a straw and justify your OP main.

Evie and Androxus Excel at flanking. That's why they have a near 100% pick rate in the pro circuit. If these 2 characters are in the hands of someone who knows how to use them, they can easily reak havoc on the enemy team.

LookGooD
02-12-2017, 05:30 AM
Players were whining about Evie, now we have a Maeve, and she's not OP? Please.. This champ must be nerfed

Azurion
02-12-2017, 06:01 AM
The problem with her its hher speed vs all the other champion instored, if she can get nerf to 60% on prowl, with the card to increase her speed it would be around 80% wich is only 20% more than skye can run.but having 80% stats at base is just too silly and add that she can double jump..its just too fast atm and wee dont have a great counter pool in term of kit to reach her,only some little stuff but nothing can be a ``hard`` counter to maeve beside having a god aiming

LookGooD
02-12-2017, 06:09 AM
The problem with her its hher speed vs all the other champion instored, if she can get nerf to 60% on prowl, with the card to increase her speed it would be around 80% wich is only 20% more than skye can run.but having 80% stats at base is just too silly and add that she can double jump..its just too fast atm and wee dont have a great counter pool in term of kit to reach her,only some little stuff but nothing can be a ``hard`` counter to maeve beside having a god aiming

Aimbot good counter atm..

astroASMR
02-12-2017, 06:18 AM
Players were whining about Evie, now we have a Maeve, and she's not OP? Please.. This champ must be nerfed

hi-rez don't know what they're doing, i don't care what people think, or people are so over sensitive they cuss at me, heck i have 'reputation comments' i'm not gonna read in fear they're people bitching

but when something needs to be said it should be, and you're right, evie is OP and people whine about it, solution, make another champion faster, can heal to full hp without earning it (eg. evie has to blink, not that it matters since she can blink a billion times) by just using her 'reset' move

maeve can do combos, how is THAT fair? one dagger throw, pounce, dagger throw, if you're not over 1800 hp you might be dead already. People say viktor is op, such nonsense, as i've been RANTING on these forum for AGES. His not OP his just a character designed for people who want someone who's easy to use and can pick up on how to play him fast. His greatest weakness is since he uses an automatic weapon he needs constant dps for you to get ANY damage. I had full hp, and she just does one combo, and i'm close to killing her in our battle then she finishes me off with one more dagger throw. She has NO reload but i do?? hell don't use tyra because her reload is worse. the time to reload with tyra maeve has already stabbed you a trillion times

plus evie is a flank, why does she do so much damage? if flanks do as much as a 'damage' character then why call them flanks? which FYI if i have level 3 'haven' why can evie kill me so easily? "duh you suck"

really?? I might not be that good at games, but this is b.s, one time i made sure i had iron sight up, super ready, made sure that i had no more excuses, 1v1, she barely moved and we traded shots, she shot me once, twice, dead. why did she not take lethal damage?? this is the same b.s reason why she can even kill tanks

this is the same with pip, his slow and flask damage that shoot as far as bullets are so damaging his not afraid in jumping into the heart of battle to kill a tank or jump into a war zone JUST to chase his target, you'll die and he'll bounce off unharmed. If you give characters who are flanks the strength of 'damage' characters with great movement speed AND healing abilities (pip can heal himself repeatedly from near death to near max hp) who do you think will win 1v1? viktor or pip? *facepalm*

watch this video, it might be just a troll video to piss people off but what it says about pip needing to be fixed is dead on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvAl-AZ3CJk

YourRivalRed
02-12-2017, 06:19 AM
Lets take a look at her weapons.

Maeve has 2 daggers which deal 450 damage each which is a total of 900 damage per hit that is IF you get both to land on a single target, then you have her Pounce which deals 600 damage only if you hit your target. Her movement is all over the place when jumping and using prowl (and nimble if you are the type of player to make her go fast). She is an easy target to hit in small enclosed areas. Lets go back to the damage.
Her weapons have 450 damage per hit which is 900 plus an extra 600 which is 1,500 damage in total but if you use Chrono's than that would help to get your pounce ready again also throwing more daggers would damage the enemy for 450 or 900 more damage. In theory she would be doing 3,450 damage per dagger with the use of pounce.

LookGooD
02-12-2017, 06:24 AM
Lets take a look at her weapons.

Maeve has 2 daggers which deal 450 damage each which is a total of 900 damage per hit that is IF you get both to land on a single target, then you have her Pounce which deals 600 damage only if you hit your target. Her movement is all over the place when jumping and using prowl (and nimble if you are the type of player to make her go fast). She is an easy target to hit in small enclosed areas. Lets go back to the damage.
Her weapons have 450 damage per hit which is 900 plus an extra 600 which is 1,500 damage in total but if you use Chrono's than that would help to get your pounce ready again also throwing more daggers would damage the enemy for 450 or 900 more damage. In theory she would be doing 3,450 damage per dagger with the use of pounce.

Dude.. Maeve has no weak spot.. Unless a makoa hooks her, but mostly she can survive that too.. How is this not OP? champ without a counter?

YourRivalRed
02-12-2017, 07:27 AM
Dude.. Maeve has no weak spot.. Unless a makoa hooks her, but mostly she can survive that too.. How is this not OP? champ without a counter?

Actually yes she does have weaknesses. Tight enclosed spaces. Also more than makoa can bring her down. Drogoz kinessa and another maeve are good examples. she is my main flank and i have been in every map with her there is always a way to get trapped and cornered because of her speed. The fact of you saying she has no "weak spot" means you haven't played with her yet and only went against her. I have collected data of her when OB43 was still in the public test server. She has many weak spots one of which is cauterize because of her nine lives ability which heals her just like bucks healing ability stack cauterize to the max. She has many weaknesses that i have seen and have encountered.

MadHamlet
02-12-2017, 07:47 AM
i don't care what people think

Stopped reading right there. You don't care about the exchange of ideas then communication is impossible.

SnakeNox
02-12-2017, 08:19 AM
I feel Maeve isn't as OP as some people think. But she certainly is top tier. I like her abilities and think they should stay as they are, but her health could be less. Say she had a 100 HP nerf.

AlphaCultist
02-12-2017, 10:07 AM
Today I felt the real power of double jump. When an enemy is double-jumping and there is a ping difference-you cant even hit it with a hitscan! GODLIKE Maeve whom it took 4 Viktor s magasines to hit only because the player was so noobish that could only jump and hit only every second dagger. No, I'm not a complete noob and all my usual games are not les than 2 to 1 KD (usually 4+), in addition, I used compensator 100%.
So until you nerf the absolute cheat double jump and overpowered 450 daggers- I leave this game.
I am sick and tired of this ruined balance. Really. Play maeve or diie. This is casual. Even if I am real noob- noobs also deserve balanced game.
I 've seen many true pay-to-win (or even paid more-you won) games-but Maeve is something close to official cheat... and it is too cheap for killall button I mean, if you want to sell wins

KicksBrickster
02-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Actually yes she does have weaknesses. Tight enclosed spaces. Also more than makoa can bring her down. Drogoz kinessa and another maeve are good examples. she is my main flank and i have been in every map with her there is always a way to get trapped and cornered because of her speed. The fact of you saying she has no "weak spot" means you haven't played with her yet and only went against her. I have collected data of her when OB43 was still in the public test server. She has many weak spots one of which is cauterize because of her nine lives ability which heals her just like bucks healing ability stack cauterize to the max. She has many weaknesses that i have seen and have encountered.

Going to add on here, Torvald is a good counter as well, surprisingly. He can silence and cripple her, then track her with his primary fire. Sonia anyone with rapid, sustained fire, so Ruckus, Viktor, Tyra, etc, since they don't have to worry about missing as much.

YourRivalRed
02-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Going to add on here, Torvald is a good counter as well, surprisingly. He can silence and cripple her, then track her with his primary fire. Sonia anyone with rapid, sustained fire, so Ruckus, Viktor, Tyra, etc, since they don't have to worry about missing as much.

Thank you for adding the characters i missed much appreciated!

MadHamlet
02-12-2017, 10:50 AM
I routinely take Maeve down with Skye...and sometimes she routinely takes me down.
I'll tell you this much for free: All the fights are EXCITING.

Branzer
02-12-2017, 12:01 PM
I routinely take Maeve down with Skye...and sometimes she routinely takes me down.
I'll tell you this much for free: All the fights are EXCITING.

Now try the same thing with androx, kinessa, evie, viktor, tyra, cassie, sha lin, drogoz. Aaand you have a problem. Too quick to aim at her properly, double pounce thanks to nine lives. You brought her to low HP, np she runs away with prowl. Go track her down - you cant, too fast. So lets be constructive, people main her now cuz shes OP and stomps heroes with lesser health. Skill requirement is pretty low. Hi - res should make all champs OP or none at all.

Jusey1
02-12-2017, 12:02 PM
Androxus can two-shot a 1,800 health champion in a single second. Maeve takes two or more seconds to kill a 1,800 champion. Discounting headshots though, it takes 1.5 seconds while Maeve still takes two seconds or more, since her 450 shots is only every second.

So, honestly, Maeve's basic attack is fine. It's her dash ability that needs a change. Simply because her combo is very powerful but her basic is weak by itself (which is why she needs to do that combo in order to kill quickly).

QcDiablo
02-12-2017, 12:41 PM
Now try the same thing with androx, kinessa, evie, viktor, tyra, cassie, sha lin, drogoz. Aaand you have a problem. Too quick to aim at her properly, double pounce thanks to nine lives. You brought her to low HP, np she runs away with prowl. Go track her down - you cant, too fast. So lets be constructive, people main her now cuz shes OP and stomps heroes with lesser health. Skill requirement is pretty low. Hi - res should make all champs OP or none at all.

With Cassie, I can (most of the time) kill Maeve without losing Health too much, because her daggers can easily be dodged.

But I agree certain champions would get down too easily by Maeve, so those could be nice ideas :

- Nerfing her Pounce damage to 500 instead of 600 OR Nerfing it to 400 with 15/20% bonus damage for her next two daggers (max 2 seconds) after Pounce hits an enemy.

- Nerfing her damage per knife from 450 to 400 OR Nerfing her base damage per knife to 350 and make her the second knife to have 100 more damage if the first one hit (would be nice to make her harder to play)

- Nerfing her base health to 1700 which would make players spend more points into her health card and so, decrease her other cards, and giving good builds a better impact in-game.

*Personaly, I like the idea of giving her bonus damage, since I like high skilled requirement for champions, and it would make Maeve viable for Competitive even with her nerfs.

Azimuthian
02-14-2017, 01:32 PM
Best propositions I've heard so far. I agree to the overall statement that Maeve is too pwerful right now. (Pounce, Daggers, Nine Lives, Pounce Daggers - Thats 3000 dmg in a few seconds assuming you don't hit a dagger before or after but hit all daggers during the combo) However she's also tons of fun to play, which is mostly due to her mobility. I think what enrages people so much is that she can murder you incredibly quickly, and if she messes up her combo she always has an easy out with Prowl. Now there's two ways to handle this - reduce her mobility, which would make the character less fun in order to maintain her over the top damage, OR like you're describing, decreasing her damage output.
"OR Nerfing her base damage per knife to 350 and make her the second knife to have 100 more damage if the first one hit" - I think you might be on to something here, good aim discipline will be rewarded, but overall she loses at least 100 dmg.
Now the question is if that's enough. I think her prowl might need a slight speed nerf too. Not much, just enough to prevent her from basically running a ring around the entire map in one usage.

SiderumNocte
02-14-2017, 07:48 PM
I've said many things but I believe my final conclusion about Maeve is this:

Nine Lives to longer reset Pounces cooldown. That is it.
The problem with Maeve is that she can effectively combo twice in a row.
No other champion can do that. So Nine Lives no longer resetting the cooldown of pounce will fix that.

Mundal
02-15-2017, 12:06 AM

That's the problem, even if i get her down to low health she just escapes only to return after few moments and attack me again. She is a nightmare for supports though.

truehypershadow
02-15-2017, 09:29 AM
yep make her HARDER to play!!!
FLANKS SHOULD BE VERY DIFFICULT!!!
else they would just be better DAMAGE...

sinosleep
02-15-2017, 09:50 AM
She went 7 - 9 in pro play last week. As in teams with her on them lost more than they won.

firenzee
02-15-2017, 09:54 AM
Maeve gives a high reward for a low personal skill.

See Evie's example: she may be kinda op (not op imo, thats another discussion) but she has a steep learning curve. It takes a good amount of gameplay hours to learn how to play her properly, and even when you do, she stills pretty counterable.

The same doesn't apply to Maeve. Once you locate an enemy, all you have to do is press LMB+RMB for instant 1500 damage. But the amount of damage is not the problem, ppl can live with that, problem is ITS TOO EASY TO DELIVER INSTANT 1500 DAMAGE.

There are lots of good sugestions in this thread which would not kill the character, but increase the skill demand to play her properly.

truehypershadow
02-15-2017, 09:56 AM
well its cause she is new,
all flanks should be at evie/androxus level skill cieling