PDA

View Full Version : Evie - Some thoughts

DeadNexus
02-06-2017, 06:46 AM
Hello everyone,

As you might know, Evie is a strong flanking champion with enough ways of survivability and escape. However, the thing I never understood is why she has 2 ways of escape, one being her flying on her staff (Which makes sense because she is a witch and all, and you can see her coming so if she does it right infront of you, you know what is coming.) and a teleportation which works in an instand without any issues. That teleportation is the thing that bugs me the most, it doesn't make sense in her kit because it doesn't revolve around ice at all, and also seems unfair when looking at Kinessa's teleportation device which 1) Has traveltime. 2) Shows where she is going and 3) Is pretty freakin slow and doesn't have much range. Evie can do this right when she uses it and makes her feel real unfair and unbalanced on that point, something worth looking at in my book. For the rest she is great and can easily take down enemies that are off guard.

What do you think about Evie and her teleportation? Is it necessary or could it be replaced with something like slowing down someone so you can finish him/her off easier?

LookGooD
02-06-2017, 06:50 AM
Evie is OP hu3hu3hu3hu3hu3

DeadNexus
02-06-2017, 06:53 AM
Never said she was op, but her teleportation skill just feels out of place and too easy to use. Also when comparing it with Kinessa it also feels unfair that such a powerful champion like Evie can just teleport within the blink off an eye while someone that needs to get out of tough situation has such a slow and bad teleportation skill.

LookGooD
02-06-2017, 06:57 AM
Never said she was op, but her teleportation skill just feels out of place and too easy to use. Also when comparing it with Kinessa/////

You can't compare a flanker with a DMG champ..

DeadNexus
02-06-2017, 07:06 AM
Both skills are the same but one is slow and quite shitty and the other is so freakin strong you can easily change the battle you are doing. One wormhole and you can easily trick someone and easily give the final blow, while she can already easily get behind and do that without her wormhole ability. Evie isn't op but she has unnecessary mobility which a different champion really could use to get out of a tight spot. I hope you can understand and look at this in a broader perspective. If not, I shall respect your decision from this moment on and move on.

Averyfghjkl
02-06-2017, 08:16 AM
I personally think Evie needs no change mainly due to the high skill needed to play this particular champion well but also the small delay in the blink. After using ice block, Evie needs to get away quickly. A smart Kinessa can aim a headshot onto Evie before she can teleport/fly away, thus killing her easily. She is not as OP as you think.

LookGooD
02-06-2017, 08:16 AM
Instead of Skye, all flanks have high mobility. Androxus can reset his nether step skill with a reversal card; this gives him a extra mobility. Buck can lower the cooldown of the Leap to 4 sec; this is also great. And Evie has Wormhole As the other 2 flanks what has... Imo Androxus is still the best flank even after the nerfs he got, and people still complaining/discussing about Evie.

FromWitchSide
02-06-2017, 08:38 AM
First of all Blink has trail showing you where Evie went, and sound telling you that she is close.
You can say that Blink is much better than teleport that Kinessa has, however you need think of character as whole and so Kinessa can kill Evie with just 1 shot.

firenzee
02-06-2017, 09:21 AM
Hello everyone,

As you might know, Evie is a strong flanking champion with enough ways of survivability and escape. However, the thing I never understood is why she has 2 ways of escape, one being her flying on her staff (Which makes sense because she is a witch and all, and you can see her coming so if she does it right infront of you, you know what is coming.) and a teleportation which works in an instand without any issues. That teleportation is the thing that bugs me the most, it doesn't make sense in her kit because it doesn't revolve around ice at all, and also seems unfair when looking at Kinessa's teleportation device which 1) Has traveltime. 2) Shows where she is going and 3) Is pretty freakin slow and doesn't have much range. Evie can do this right when she uses it and makes her feel real unfair and unbalanced on that point, something worth looking at in my book. For the rest she is great and can easily take down enemies that are off guard.

What do you think about Evie and her teleportation? Is it necessary or could it be replaced with something like slowing down someone so you can finish him/her off easier?

- She has 2 mobility skills because she has 1800 HP, no auto-heal skill and real slow projectile.
- Teleportation is not that instant, its well known if you shoot her right when she blinks you still hit her. Ying's teleport works way faster.
- It does make sense. She is a witch possesed by a powerful ice wraith called Xerxes, why wouldn't she teleport around?
- Her blinks can't be replaced by slowing down. Because her ult already slows down and because without her teleports she would be a dead character.

If you feel Kinessa's teleport is on a bad situation, change your subject to buff it instead of nerfing a flank's ability. Flanks are meant to kill damages.

EpplZ
02-06-2017, 09:34 AM
No auto heal skill? You must be joking right?

sinosleep
02-06-2017, 09:38 AM
it makes sense because Evie is a low health champ that needs to be in your face to do damage since her projectile moves about as fast as an iceberg.

If she didn't have good options to engage and retreat she'd be useless. They'ed have to give her a weapon she could use from range.shes fine as is.

firenzee
02-06-2017, 03:22 PM
No auto heal skill? You must be joking right?

No I'm not. What's her healing skill?

Starkesh
02-06-2017, 03:55 PM
- Teleportation is not that instant, its well known if you shoot her right when she blinks you still hit her. Ying's teleport works way faster.

Having spent a fair amount of time playing Evie lately, Ice Block is functionally useless other than blocking CC's simply because of the teleport delay. You will die repeatedly right after you arrive at your destination. That's if you cancel early or not. Your only hope of escape if you use ice block near someone is that they reload and you can cancel early and then teleport while they are reloading. The delay is that long.

Teleport (without ice block) is problematic against decent players unless you are using it to initiate.

If you were going to remove her teleport (which is a horrible idea) her projectile speed would need to double at least since it's basically a melee attack given how slow it moves. If you can't dodge it from more than 5 feet away, you have too much lag. And she would probably need more HP.

Ice block heals (only real use except to block CC's) and so does teleport. Not a skill but close enough I guess?

ThatOthell159
02-06-2017, 04:02 PM
Evie balanced. hu3huhauehu3haheuahuh3uhauehuh3uhuaheuhu3huaheuhuh uhuHUHEAUEHUH3UHUH33333333333333333333333333333333 3333

EpplZ
02-06-2017, 05:26 PM
No I'm not. What's her healing skill?

Blink Two times for 600 HP, every 4 seconds, if that's not self healing I dont know what it is...

firenzee
02-06-2017, 06:18 PM
Blink Two times for 600 HP, every 4 seconds, if that's not self healing I dont know what it is...

Two times Blink for 600 HP relies on Flicker IV and, at least, Wormhole I (5 out of 12 points minimum). Her Q is not an auto-healing skill as it comes (http://paladins.gamepedia.com/Evie#Skills), as I said you gotta spend at least half of your deck points to get some healing since no one stays on Wormhole I. And it's a fair price.

Also OP says to remove her Blink, which would fuck up Evie's only source of healing. In the mean time, like every other flank or damage has a HP increase/life steal build or even a proper healing skill.

rixinthemix
02-06-2017, 06:25 PM
- She has 2 mobility skills because she has 1800 HP, no auto-heal skill and real slow projectile.

Skye says hi. No mobility skills, 1800 HP, and no autoheal.

firenzee
02-06-2017, 06:34 PM
Skye says hi. No mobility skills, 1800 HP, and no autoheal.

Yep. She sucks. :(

ThatOthell159
02-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Yep. She sucks. :(

I like your signature.

Valkure
02-07-2017, 05:18 AM
Before I even started looking to unblock Evien, I thought she was super uber over powered. Then I've unblocked her. And I am still crying.
After almost 10 days of training, I've learned how to fly, to blink, to ice-block, to kill people and to run away as quick as possible. Still, I am not even a 5 in a scale of 10, in using her. Blinking is dreadful to have against you? Yes, but it takes months to learn it appropriately. It is not a matter of OP, it's a matter of developing skills. If you are not good enough, you will constantly die. Other characters (equally skilled) can kill her easily.
Of course, if you are a Kinessa and pretend to stay un-harassed by flankers, then the problem is not Evie...

WunderwaffeCZ
02-07-2017, 09:09 AM
Evie has good utility, you may explore the landscape from your nimbus2000 and maybe also try to stop global warming with your abilities. However, in other disciplines is evie not so much viable. The worst thing he can do is doing any serious damage quick enough. A bit bad weakness considering you are a damaging flanker. However there are people who know perfectly how to play an evie and buffing evie would make the game unballanced. Maybe nerf self heals and add more direct damage.

Yellow96
02-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Evie is one of the best balanced champions in the game, devastating and fast but at the same time really fragile and almost dead if hitted by a CC weapon.

You guys said a lot of things yet, so I'll add only a consideration to this thread: the wormhole re-blinks you in the previous position... do you know how many Evies have I killed just spotting their first blink's location? That's also because she's one of my favourite champions and I know her playing-style really well, in fact the best way to learn how to engage a champion is playing that champion, not complaining about "her proz abbilytis" on the forum :P

I've talked a lot also about Skye in other posts, she also has 1800 HP and not "relevant" default abilities, but she can turn invisible and blind her enemies! These are already powerful abilities! She also has a devastating damage and poison bolts (which give you more damage bonus with your main weapon), and when you use the F ability you gain a movement boost which you can also increase with the right card (so she apparently has a mobility ability).

Skye is well balanced too in my opinion, but the problem is her sound: too much noise, she should be a stealth hero but when she turns invisible and visible is like a noisy warning siren. It should be improved a bit and skye will became perfectly balanced in the meta.

CandySuxxx
02-07-2017, 10:18 AM
Evie is one of the best """balanced""" champions in the game...

'greed .

EpplZ
02-07-2017, 11:08 AM
Two times Blink for 600 HP relies on Flicker IV and, at least, Wormhole I (5 out of 12 points minimum). Her Q is not an auto-healing skill as it comes (http://paladins.gamepedia.com/Evie#Skills), as I said you gotta spend at least half of your deck points to get some healing since no one stays on Wormhole I. And it's a fair price.

Also OP says to remove her Blink, which would fuck up Evie's only source of healing. In the mean time, like every other flank or damage has a HP increase/life steal build or even a proper healing skill.

For sure, but as any other champs except maybe some support ones, androx has to invest into cards too for heal, cassie too, etc etc, the only flank that self heal is Buck. I mean, evie has intense mobility AND self heal with the right deck, she's borderline OP in mid to high end tier because she has to be focused hard if you dont want to be slaughtered (or you have to play sha lin ^^), leaving you open to other attackers.

I'm not for an evie change, but when you play vs really good evie, if you didnt take the right champion, you simply cant do anything vs her.

Yellow96
02-07-2017, 11:14 AM
I'm not for an evie change, but when you play vs really good evie, if you didnt take the right champion, you simply cant do anything vs her.

True, that's why team collaboration and a suitable composition make the difference ;)

EpplZ
02-07-2017, 11:15 AM
True, that's why team collaboration and a suitable composition make the difference ;)

Tell that to casual players ^^ I'll support you 101%

firenzee
02-07-2017, 11:30 AM
For sure, but as any other champs except maybe some support ones, androx has to invest into cards too for heal, cassie too, etc etc, the only flank that self heal is Buck. I mean, evie has intense mobility AND self heal with the right deck, she's borderline OP in mid to high end tier because she has to be focused hard if you dont want to be slaughtered (or you have to play sha lin ^^), leaving you open to other attackers.

So it is when you play against a really good Cassie, a really good Androxus, a really good Sha lin... And how many ppl can deliver a real solid gameplay with Evie? Like 5% of those who says "i main evie"?

Cuz if you consider this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKVN_tZwXM8

an average Evie player, then yes, Evie really needs some nerf. But how many ppl can play like this? lol

EpplZ
02-07-2017, 12:35 PM
So it is when you play against a really good Cassie, a really good Androxus, a really good Sha lin... And how many ppl can deliver a real solid gameplay with Evie? Like 5% of those who says "i main evie"?

an average Evie player, then yes, Evie really needs some nerf. But how many ppl can play like this? lol

I dont disagree with you that much, I just dont feel helpless vs many other champ as I feel as VS Evie, the higher skillcap must be one of the reasons, but (and its only an opinion) playing vs the best Evie in the world will always be harder (to me) than playing against the best [insert any other champ here].

KatangExKanari
02-07-2017, 09:03 PM

Cuz if you consider this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKVN_tZwXM8

i dont see evie is game changing

theres lot miss shot and someone said its easy to land direct shoot

Valkure
02-08-2017, 02:27 AM
A match yesterday... we have an Evie (not me, I was Mal d'Amba) and they have an Evie. Their Evie has essentially won the game alone. I've finished 2/9 (and I usually die max 2 times a game. My friend says I have too much self preservation instinct ^^' ) and all my teammates had died about 20 times.
I was like this *_* and at the end of the game, all my team was congratulating the player. A good Evie is a nightmare. And so? Also a good Sha lin, a good Cassie, a good Androxus and so on. What should we do? Let's forbid using Evie! Or let's forbid using whatever for good players!
I think I'll spend more time practicing, instead...