PDA

View Full Version : Skye needs buffs at high ranks, bur nerfs at low ones

ZeNinjaWarrior
02-05-2017, 03:32 PM
Skye, at the moment, is really powerful at low ranks and not powerful at higher ones. She needs buffs to survivability, but nerfs to dps in my opinion.
She has the highest base dps in the game at 1500, not to mention the damage she gets from poison bolts. So she can shred literally anything in her path, of given the chance, which she isn't due to her lack of survability and mobility. So idk what to do about this other than nerf her damage output slightly, but buff her health back up to 2000, or up to 1900 at least.

ThatOthell159
02-05-2017, 03:42 PM
Stealth champions are impossible to balance, there is nothing HiRez can do.

Skye will always be a pubstomp at low levels and useless at high levels.

Kandros
02-05-2017, 03:50 PM
She needs some vertical mobility and now has almost no movement skills that can quarantee staying alive.

OzzyOzzy
02-05-2017, 03:51 PM
Skye feels OP and UP because of her current style: An invisible glass cannon.

To put it short, best way to make her balance is to buff her health, remove the 5 extra bolts, and make one of her skills (smokebomb) a more quick-evasive skill. I don't know, like wherever she tosses the bomb, she teleports to it.

Cordana
02-05-2017, 04:05 PM
Just let her teleport with the smoke bomb so you can throw it to get up and away if things go south fast.

Diamondine
02-05-2017, 04:26 PM
She's the least mobile flank but easily countered due to her low hp pool and lack of escape, she's invisible not invincible. Improving her base movespeed in hidden and smokescreen and adding a possible double jump, like maeve's would be helpful. I wouldn't mind giving Skye the ability to Wall Run. She's suppose to be a ninja-like assassin character after all. This would make more open maps her bane but very close quarters and filled maps an advantage to pick her.

Yellow96
02-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Another thread about skye? Really? At high ranks she's a based-skilled pg in moving and positioning. She can deal a lot of damage, she can turn invisible, she can blind enemies, she has a devastating ultimate... I do not see any problem with her in high ranks. Low health? If enemy teams is distracted by the battle in the middle, a good skye isn't in danger attacking from a good position and in the right moment. It depends also by the composition. Lack of movement? She's an invisible champion, she doesn't need to fly, dodge or teleport herself.

xRevy
02-05-2017, 07:55 PM
I think a simple little change that would make Skye viable in higher ranks and still keep her controlled in lower ranks is muting her or making her sounds very quiet and removing her stepping sound. Right now she is like a siren that screams I'M HERE SHOOT ME PLS. When you are invisible you hear stomping steps super loud. When she gets out of stealth she makes a loud sound that tells your enemies where you are. She is supposed to be a ninja and therefore silent. I think with this change she can actually be sneaky make some damage here and there and then go back to being invisible.

MarceloxOFH
02-05-2017, 11:15 PM
Another thread about skye? Really? At high ranks she's a based-skilled pg in moving and positioning. She can deal a lot of damage, she can turn invisible, she can blind enemies, she has a devastating ultimate... I do not see any problem with her in high ranks. Low health? If enemy teams is distracted by the battle in the middle, a good skye isn't in danger attacking from a good position and in the right moment. It depends also by the composition. Lack of movement? She's an invisible champion, she doesn't need to fly, dodge or teleport herself.

You don't see any problem at high ranks? how many Skye have you seen in tournaments? I think you are not aiming high enough, I always try to see professional tournaments and she is the least used character. There is a problem with her.

CandySuxxx
02-05-2017, 11:45 PM
You don't see any problem at high ranks? how many Skye have you seen in tournaments? I think you are not aiming high enough, I always try to see professional tournaments and she is the least used character. There is a problem with her.

Skye just had 2 buffs in a row. They said they dont want to over do her because she might just not fit into the current meta.

MarceloxOFH
02-06-2017, 12:20 AM
Skye just had 2 buffs in a row. They said they dont want to over do her because she might just not fit into the current meta.

Sad to hear that, Buffing his DPS is not the correct way to balance her.

SnowTamer
02-06-2017, 05:55 AM
Skye feels OP and UP because of her current style: An invisible glass cannon.

To put it short, best way to make her balance is to buff her health, remove the 5 extra bolts, and make one of her skills (smokebomb) a more quick-evasive skill. I don't know, like wherever she tosses the bomb, she teleports to it.

I very much agree.

LookGooD
02-06-2017, 07:51 AM
All Skye needs is Wallrunning Kappa

BahaisDontKill
02-06-2017, 08:30 AM
There are just not too many good Skye players. I wouldnt change her until the meta has set a little bit more. the highest dps champ cant be that bad. it might take months until pro gamers discover her strengths, dont overbuff her. maybe remove footstep sounds while hidden.

rixinthemix
02-06-2017, 08:59 AM
The only way to adjust her according to skill level is add a skill-based ability that Skyes need to learn to become a good Skye. Drogozes have their Spit Combo, and Bomb King has the Sticky Bomb. Damba's stun can also be considered a skill shot.

Some people have been suggesting changing Skye's attack so that she deals bonus damage when behind an opponent.

Yellow96
02-06-2017, 11:33 AM

I know she is the less used flank champ at very high ranks, but I think it's a problem of tastes, she has a great potential, probably people should just descover her again.

The sound change should be nice, not too buffed but just a bit.. good idea :)