PDA

View Full Version : i think grohk needs some buffs

SkinnyBoy
02-02-2017, 11:45 PM
his right click ability deals 150 damage it's like nothing just useless ability

and the ult i think his ult should also give him movespeed while using it or atleast 50% damage reduction or both, everytime i ult i just die so fast i always ult with my team and still getting rekt so hard

so with some movespeed or damage reduction maybe i could survive while using my ult instead of just dying

also i think cooldowns are too much please buff him, i used to play him early in the beta but now i don't enjoy playing him anymore

BahaisDontKill
02-03-2017, 03:36 AM
his heal feels almost like a grover ult, i rarely see someone die, when they are inside the totem. they could buff the totem somehow, like make it follow grohk, but the heal values are awesome. If they buff his other abilities he might become a flank.

LookGooD
02-03-2017, 05:11 AM
That's what I'm talking about.. %50 dmg reduction would be perfect for Grohk's ultimate.

MarKr
02-03-2017, 05:17 AM
I don't agree on "right click is useless" - it deals 150 damage, target gets slowed down and if there are opponents around the target the shot "jumps" on them too, dealing 150 to each of them too and slowing them as well. So it is best used when there are more people close together and also the slow effect makes them easier to hit for your team mates.

His heal is good but the thing with supports is that they should be picked based on what the other players pick. Grohk is awesome when there are two tanks (Fernando and Ruckus preferably), Ghrohk and rest is whatever combination of damage and flank. The tanks tend to stand on point with shields so you can deploy your totem, heal the tanks for lots of HP and support them on the point since Grohk can dish out some damage too. However if your team consists of flankers, damage and one or no tank, then Grohk is not very good pick because your teammates tend run all over the place and your healing is static and you usually cannot keep up with them. In these situations Mal'Damba is better choice because he can heal them on the run or even Pip whose healing is not that good but can keep up with the est of the team...generally speaking I hate to be first on pick in comp because people often don't communicate in the chat so you don't know what they're gonna pick and you're going blind :/.

However I can agree that his Ulti is somewhat weird and not really useful. It is weird combination of healing, damage and CC that goes together like jelly and fish :/. True, it heals two team mates really fast but with last update you can already do that with your totem, it gives damage to opponents which is iirc 200/second for 3 seconds which is not enough to kill anyone who already is not low on HP (in such case you can easily finish them off with your weapon) and CC can be good but is rather situational. The worst part is that Grohk is super easy target during his Ult and he rarely finishes the ultimate before he gets killed. One option is to use totem and then Ult but you need to stay in the healing radius of the totem. I think he should have some damage reduction during the Ultimate or it should heal HIM + two nearest allies and remove the damage, while keeping the CC...or, since his totem heals good now, turn it into offensive Ulti which would heal allies less than now but deal more damage? There are ways to improve it for sure.

Cyanian
02-03-2017, 04:37 PM
I think they should change his Shock Pulse to combine the effects of a WoW Shaman's Chain Heal and Chain Lightning. Keep the damage and slow portion as they are but perhaps doubling the value for the healing portion - so healing twice the value of the damage dealt - that's reduced by a percentage for each jump, that way it's decent on single targets and groups alike where the largest healing portion is the first to second target with a rather considerable drop off down the line so it isn't completely over the top in group fights but considerable enough to not be a throw-away skill as it sort of stands now. And of course healing done in this manner should prioritize lowest health allies.

It would pair well with his Thunderstruck card as well for team fights, though that might require a slight nerf, though it all would depend on the drop off after the initial target hit. Not to mention the damage can be mitigated so I suppose the card would be fine as is.

That coupled with a damage reduction on his Ult I think would make him a much more viable support without having to change the rest of his kit.

CandySuxxx
02-03-2017, 04:43 PM
I dont understand why his ult is limited to 2/team, other aoe ults dont have such limitations. Otherwise i dont think you need damage reduction, grohk is quite tanky as it is, + you can place a totem before using your ult.

Cyanian
02-03-2017, 05:02 PM
I dont understand why his ult is limited to 2/team, other aoe ults dont have such limitations. Otherwise i dont think you need damage reduction, grohk is quite tanky as it is, + you can place a totem before using your ult.

I love you too!

Miyonala
02-03-2017, 05:11 PM
I think Grokh RMB should just apply Cripple too instead. There are already few people with Cripples, and it makes sense that you know, lightning cause paralysis. Also, Lightning beat Ice as any RPG gamer know, and right now Grokh can't really kill Evie.

MarKr
02-03-2017, 05:11 PM
I dont understand why his ult is limited to 2/team, other aoe ults dont have such limitations.I think they tried to make his Ulti different from Grover's so this heals just two players while can damage two players...it as I said before - weird combination of different effects that doesn't work together very well.

Otherwise i dont think you need damage reduction, grohk is quite tanky as it is, + you can place a totem before using your ult.Just think about it - You have an Ulti that HEALS but for some reason doesn't heal you, so you need to use another ability that heals you while you use Ulti that heals others who are also healed by the totem in this case so you don't really need the Ulti in the first place especially now when totems heal more than before. :confused: Also the damage dealt is so low that it mostly doesn't even force the opponents to leave the AoE so they focus fire at you - you cannot attack back, usually die and that ends the Ultimate prematurely.
Perhaps if the Ulti healed 2 nearest allies AND Grohk it would help him survive during using the Ulti but it would still be counterable by Cauterize which would still enable you to kill Grohk during Ulti easily.

AtomX1211
02-03-2017, 05:12 PM
I do agree that the totem needs some sort of buff. It deff needs to survive during death, because droping it for 1/2 a sec to try and save your team to only get picked off instantly and have it disappear makes it 100% useless

MarKr
02-03-2017, 07:42 PM
Totems are fine - they were buffed during several last patches (1st more HP, then buffed healing rate). It is part of Grohk's gameplay to deploy the totem in such a way that it doesn't get destroyed instantly or that he doesn't die 1/2 second after deploying it.
The Champions need to be unique in some way so that they are not all the same.
- Pip is something between Healer, debuffer and harraser - he is quick, can heal but usually cannot outheal other supports.
- Grover is a mix of healer and tank - lots of HP, sort of solid damage while providing constatnt heal + burst heals
- Mal'Damba is good in teams with more flanks/damage Champs as he is the only one who can heal specific target at distance by shooting at it + also having AoE heal/damage
- Grohk is mix of healer and little bit of both damage and tank - has good survivability to endure on point with tanks, more than average HP, can deal damage...his weakness is that he cannot deploy healing at range, only at his position which requires coordination with team (which is often hard with random people online) + he is sort of slow
I don't play Ying, so I got nothing for her.
Each support is simply suited for different situations or maybe different team composition and strategy so it would make no sense to make them all more or less the same because the diversity would disappear.

MCFISHERMANPRO
02-06-2017, 09:48 PM
his ultimate does need a buff yes but in my opinion his regular attack needs a range nerf, if you play a 1v1 droxus vs grohk at close range with droxus will likely win but move it to medium- long range all of a sudden grohk has double the dps of androxus his reg attack provides huge dmg output if used with his CC

MarKr
02-07-2017, 06:33 AM
So...Grohk should get range nerf because Androxus is built to have most damage at close range? It makes no sense to nerf one Champion just because some other champion is close-range.

Atlecx
02-07-2017, 07:46 AM
His damages and slows as well

His right click also slows

SandCube
02-07-2017, 10:02 PM
He badly needs his ultimate changed. Now it's completely useless compared to his regular kit: his secondary fire slows enemies, his primary fire deals much higher dps, his totems can heal just as much, including himself and any number of allies. I mean what?

Ultimate is supposed to be game-changing, now it's just a much worse version of his entire kit.