PDA

View Full Version : Any Fernando Strats?

Atlas2K
11-18-2015, 03:37 PM
After playing a bit of Fernando, seeing his damage output and sustain, it's evident he's meant to be a VERY defensive tank hero. Do you have any strats, simple as you want, to do with him?

Obvious ones I have:

When your team is pushing onto the point, put up the shield facing the enemies
Guard low health and vulnerable heroes
Use charge to escape if you need

RainbowSplat
11-18-2015, 03:46 PM
tank everything and kill everyone becuz he is borderline OP

Ashi
11-18-2015, 04:16 PM
After playing a bit of Fernando, seeing his damage output and sustain, it's evident he's meant to be a VERY defensive tank hero. Do you have any strats, simple as you want, to do with him?

Obvious ones I have:

When your team is pushing onto the point, put up the shield facing the enemies
Guard low health and vulnerable heroes
Use charge to escape if you need

I plan to do a whole video on how to play Fernando, But here are a few:

Fernando is a bully that excels at protecting his team. You need to remember You are durable, Not invincible.

Shield:

Your shield relies on Teammates to be effective. If you start walking towards enemies and you don't have an ally behind you, You are just going to have your shield broken and your feeling hurt as people just walk away from you and laugh.

If you don't have a teammate behind you, You have no reason to be standing out in the open with your shield, blocking ranged damage. I've seen games where A Fernando told me he was tanking, while he was all alone standing on the rafters having people shoot at him. This is silly. What was he blocking bullets for, the sky?

Your shield's recharge is proportional to how much damage it took. Do not be afraid to put it away. If it took no damage, You will have it back in three seconds. If it is completely destroyed, it comes back in twenty seconds. On average, when you drop it, It will be about Eight Seconds.

As a tank, it is your job to make people not ignore you. However, Fun fact, your lance is the tool to do that, And its nickname is called "The Idiot Roaster." Every once and awhile, Somebody will decided. "Hey, you know what? I really want to kill that Cassie, So I'm going to try to walk though Fernando's Shield because he's harmless." When he tries to ignore you, this is when you politely inform that he is on fire. With fire. Most of the times you have to try to get close to attack people, but of you are playing with a team, people will just walk right into your range for you.

The shield can be useful in a duel. Use it to negate the burst damage of heroes that would otherwise tear you to shreds. For example, if you are roasting a Ruckus, and then he decides to activate dual fire on you, Open your shield and let that take the brunt of the blow. All of Ruckus's Extra DPS Will go right down the drain. There is also a chance that he will also activate emitter, And, surprise, It will just expire while you are absorbing his Dual fire. This also works for Cassie's Scout, And Grohk's Chain lightning.

Fernando can block Skye's Time bomb Explosion if he looks the direction of the bomb when it detonates.

Fernando can charge with his Shield up.

Fernando's charge deals a token about of damage, but it adds up. Use to to scare a light that has wandered too close. If you charge, then roast them for a second, it will make them panic and turn their attention to you, or make them retreat. Throw your sheild up and laugh at their retaliation. Use this in close quarters.

Don't chase to hard. You can get into the fray and do significant damage. Remember that your Flamethrower can hit more then one target, And it may very well be worth hitting two people at once then chasing a fleeing enemy.

shogunoflive
11-18-2015, 10:17 PM
I agree with what was said above. Fernando can be a beast with the right teammates. As a Barik player I will put a shield on edge of point. Turret behind of course. And smart Fernando's won't activate their shield until mine is down and stand in front of me as I target enemies.

Ashi
11-19-2015, 01:36 AM
I think the most important thing to remember is that having your shield up does not kill the enemy, It delays you from dying. Every time you put your shield up, You should know what you are trying to accomplish with it. Use it to intimidate your foes.

Atlas2K
11-20-2015, 02:23 PM
I plan to do a whole video on how to play Fernando, But here are a few:

Can I have a link to your YT channel please? For such an in depth analysis it must be pretty good.

Ashi
11-21-2015, 07:20 PM
With that being said, I regrettably don't have a Youtube channel at the moment. However, you can check me out at http://twitch.tv/Ashi_Woof

This is because I'm fighting with google to give me a YouTube account that stops trying to be my real name.

I live in a Townhouse, so, bros who like to Netflix and eat up my bandwidth makes getting high quality recordings difficult. My computer isn't amazing either. However, I hope to get around to it.

XANi
11-21-2015, 09:12 PM
Run at the direction of the target. Press fire. If target stopped taking damage press charge and then fire again. Proceed until target is dead. They cant do shit because they probably wasted escape before you charged and if they are not Pip they probably also cant hit shit because fire covers their screen.

You might also stand on point trying to stall when your teammates are running to you but that stops you from getting more DPS on meter so dont do that if there is an option involving flaming people

Reaper1122
11-21-2015, 11:19 PM
A very fun strat for the knockback on shield touch upgrade is to flank then enemy then push them into your team. If you get to max and are already winning hard take this opportunity to use the shield size upgrade and watch pip try to leap over you and keep being hit by knockback, or if everyone is grouped push the whole team like a shovel of dirt. When assaulting their base with the cart also use it to block teleports up so they can't escape.

Ashi
11-21-2015, 11:34 PM
A very fun strat for the knockback on shield touch upgrade is to flank then enemy then push them into your team.

Speaking of which, Part of this thread very well could be card combinations.

Cards:

Heat Exhaustion: Daze Enemies for 5 seconds.

This turns your ranged fireball into a pretty sexy disable. One of the best ways to mitigate damage as a tank is to not get hit, and when you have this card, the person on the receiving end isn't going to be hitting ANYTHING. Its going to wobble their camera all over the place. Instead of a damage boost, use your fireball when someone engages on you or engages on a target that shouldn't be shot at before you roast them. It will save you a lot of health, or your teammates life.