PDA

View Full Version : Skye Rework and Nerf Buck

ffferdy
01-29-2017, 10:54 AM
I main Skye and I really don't know what to say. :confused:

Her invisibility just doesn't work anymore, like for once, a Sha Lin from Stone Keep without Illuminate can target and SEE me when I was on the capture point invisibly and he was like at the far end of the objective. Basically her invisiblity is not even invisible. Only good thing is she doesn't break her invisibility when she's attacked though, cheers to that. (poor Sombra hehe) ;)

Her lack of mobility is what players are refusing to use her in competitive. Also, why nerf her health from 2k to 1.8k? What's the motive? She needed that 2k health since she lacks mobility. DPS-wise, it's perfect. But yeah, I think the only thing good about Skye is her damage. Nothing else. :(

AND, I really don't get why Buck has 3k HP + an ability that can heal him for 1K (making it a total of 4k health). If the excuse to it is due to his large size and hence bigger hitbox, then that's just crap. If anyone who needs a self heal ability for a flanker, it's Evie or Skye.
I don't get what Hi-Rez is tryna do here, can yall rework Skye or something?
And at least give Buck a health nerf, holy hell. Maybe 2.5k health? :mad:

Yellow96
01-29-2017, 05:11 PM
Skye's damage is one of the highest, she can deal 3000 damage in 2sec only with the main weapon, with the Poison Bolts' bonus damage she reach a maximum of 3600 in 2sec + the Poison effect (5sec), different from each hero (for example, against a Cassie, the maximum damage using main weapon and Poison Bolts is 3600 + 630 = 4230 total damage ---> you could kill her twice!)

She is invisible and faster when invisible, she can blind her opponents, reduce healing, she has a small hitbox, her ulti is lethal and well used almost impossible to elude.... what do you want more? The reason why Hi-Rez nerfed his health is because they increased her ammo by 5.

What does it mean? That she's more skilled base: if you are carefull to not be seen (easy with invisibility...) and have a good aim, and also the common sense to choose wisely your victims and attack in the right moment, you are devastating, but if you act incautiusly and you haven't a good aim, you could by killed even by your prey. So nothing to buff or nerf, only skills to be increased ;)

About Buck, his main weapon damage is 600*sec, so 1200 in 2sec, with the Net Shot he reaches a maximum damage of 1710 in 2sec (+ 350 of Heroic Leap = 2060), but consider that Net Shot's damage bonus last only 1.5sec, so after the first 2 shots the damage will be always 1200 in 2sec (less than 1/3 of skye's potential damage)... And you must also know that Buck is the flank with the biggest spread (it's harder to get the maximum potential damage and you must be in front of your enemy), longest recharge time, biggest hitbox, most important visibility: he can't blink, he can't dash, he can't fly, he can't turn invisible... he JUMPS, so it's harder for him to hide in enemies backlines without be noticed and focused. Buck is designed in order to absorb a huge damage (compared to other flanks) and that's the reason of his health.

Izekio
01-29-2017, 08:01 PM
The thing with Skye is that her high burst of attack is not made to attack an enemy champion at full health. Skye is design as a finisher. You scout out low hp enemy team who is trying to retreat and you try to pick off healers when you can.

You take the kill and run. Her invisibility allows her to jump in a team fight and secure her kill and then run. Once you go invisible people will quickly lose interest at you and focus your visible teammates who should be shooting at them.

I believe their is many play styles to Skye, however lately this one have been working the best for me.

Neravarine
01-29-2017, 08:10 PM
I like Skye, but I do think that Stealth can use some rework, not much but some. In a way that you are not discovered if you are near, that near is farther then her prime range, someone, but if you spend 1sec in that "near" area of someone,and then you could make a card which can prolong that time. And/or a feature should be made that notifies you when you are visible, a sound or something.

PTLagger
01-30-2017, 12:12 AM
Slap this thing to Buck's face and he will dead http://i.imgur.com/ZHWGaKH.png
You are trying to make Buck become trash champion & unplayable if you nerf him to 2500HP without damage buff

ThatOthell159
01-30-2017, 12:45 AM
2017 and people still complaining about Buck.

Cauterize + Haven = a dead Buck.
Cauterize = a dead Buck - Haven.
Haven = a dead Buck - Cauterize.

Whichever one you prefer.

CandySuxxx
01-30-2017, 01:43 AM
He is the weakest flank right now, unless skye still is.

Izekio
01-30-2017, 02:04 AM
He is the weakest flank right now, unless skye still is.

Buck is more versatile then Skye so I would say he is the second weakest. However Skye is getting up their, does not really need a buff but some bug fixes.

ffferdy
01-30-2017, 04:14 AM
I did not even ask about Buffing Skye and complain about her damage except for that 2k/1.8k health thing on Skye, all I did ask was for a rework on Skye's invisibility since it's literally very useless now. You guys are replying as if I'm a desperate noob begging Hi-Rez to buff Skye... -.-

And for Buck, OK I get it.

Izekio
01-30-2017, 04:52 AM
I did not even ask about Buffing Skye and complain about her damage except for that 2k/1.8k health thing on Skye, all I did ask was for a rework on Skye's invisibility since it's literally very useless now. You guys are replying as if I'm a desperate noob begging Hi-Rez to buff Skye... -.-

And for Buck, OK I get it.

Well her invisibility is not about running straight at the enemy while cloaked. I have easily kill a team of enemies who have bought illuminate 3. I just didn't run straight at them but ran the flank routes and went behind them still. If you get caught while invisible it is pretty much your own fault. If you made them buy illuminate then you are doing something right.

The cloak is, in my opinion, to not be seen while going the flank routes. You can dismount wait a second and then go on the flank route to confuse your enemies since its been too long and they do not know where you are at. If you get caught while running the flank route you are useless pretty much because the enemy expect you like any other flank. Which takes away your whole kit.

Yellow96
01-30-2017, 06:35 AM
I like Skye, but I do think that Stealth can use some rework, not much but some. In a way that you are not discovered if you are near, that near is farther then her prime range, someone, but if you spend 1sec in that "near" area of someone,and then you could make a card which can prolong that time. And/or a feature should be made that notifies you when you are visible, a sound or something.

In my opinion current mechanics are good. I want to say.. if you have an enemy in front of your nose you must know it, a good skye is rapid and similar to a ghost, intargettable and frightening, the fact a short visible range exists is the minimum in order to prevent her from being a "must pick" in the game (and often yet she is..).
A sound mechanic alerting you the invisibility effect is over is already implemented, and you have also an "invisibility effect bar" and a visual change (look at Skye's arm in first person). Of course the sound is audible by the enemies too, but a good skye breaks the effect only only when she's shooting or far from the battle.

Shenanigans71
01-30-2017, 09:19 AM
Just got done running Buck up to level 4.... he definitely does NOT need a nerf. If anything he needs to be buffed. Buck is far to easily burned down. For a "flanker" he is far to slow to get in position, his speed and size (hitbox) are more equal to a tank, he has no ability to escape as his jump is useless in close quarters (rooms, low tunnels), his damage output is low compared to others, the hitbox for net is too small.

The only ways I was effective with Buck are....

1. Jump in, Net, fire two or three rounds, recovery when taking damage, and jump out if health hits 50% --- heal up and repeat

2. Try to 1 v 1 their snipers.... again jump in, net, kill and jump out (hoping the whole time that they do not get reinforcements)

3. Buck can also be effective in finishing off enemies that are attempting to flee due to low health. Unfortunately this is largely dependent on your team being on the offensive. If your team is put on the defensive side of the coin Buck can be very difficult to play.

Fixing Buck only needs a slight tweak to his health OR his damage output. Either could balance him out. If increasing his health I would suggest 4K instead of 3K and leave everything else the same. Otherwise increase the damage of the shotgun and increase the spread of the net..... maybe he needs a card that allows the player to increase net size, maybe the card allows more than one enemy to be "netted" at once.

Neravarine
01-30-2017, 09:55 AM
In my opinion current mechanics are good. I want to say.. if you have an enemy in front of your nose you must know it, a good skye is rapid and similar to a ghost, intargettable and frightening, the fact a short visible range exists is the minimum in order to prevent her from being a "must pick" in the game (and often yet she is..).
A sound mechanic alerting you the invisibility effect is over is already implemented, and you have also an "invisibility effect bar" and a visual change (look at Skye's arm in first person). Of course the sound is audible by the enemies too, but a good skye breaks the effect only only when she's shooting or far from the battle.

Last game: 5 mins ago, I got hit by a Groover out of nowhere about 20y away while I was in stealth, it got me out of stealth and 30%hp card kicked in, so I was in stealth again. . . and guess what, I got hit again. ps: it was awesome match, and I did rly good.
But stuff like this happens sometimes rly often.

ffferdy
01-30-2017, 10:45 PM
^Same. And is Illuminate there to counter Skye and Skye only???

Izekio
01-30-2017, 11:31 PM
^Same. And is Illuminate there to counter Skye and Skye only???

It is also to counter Sha lin, I believe they plan on adding even more stealth champions.

costanata00
01-31-2017, 08:14 AM
i don't know you guys, but here on SA, the most picked flankers are surprinsingly buck and skye, skye doesn't need another buff, she already has a ridiculous dps like the others flankers but buck

PTLagger
01-31-2017, 08:45 AM
i don't know you guys, but here on SA, the most picked flankers are surprinsingly buck and skye, skye doesn't need another buff, she already has a ridiculous dps like the others flankers but buck

Cuz they are Casual champs, only viable in low to mid tier elo matches and they are decent players => Most picked. While Androxus & Evie have very high skill celling & skill cap that decent players can't play well

Yellow96
01-31-2017, 09:22 AM
Cuz they are Casual champs, only viable in low to mid tier elo matches and they are decent players => Most picked. While Androxus & Evie have very high skill celling & skill cap that decent players can't play well

It's true that Skye is a champ beloved by noobs (not the offensive meaning), probably this is the reason why she is snobbed in competitive, I myself prefer playing with a skilled (and low ping) Evie, but when I have a high ping and I must flank I usually take Skye and I must say that, with the recent buff, she is amazing and not too difficult to use (also with lag). And consider she is also a fantastic support hero: her smoke on the point is a relevant problem for enemies, there isn't another flank hero with a support ability, only Evie's Ultimate (and it's an ultimate).

costanata00
01-31-2017, 09:33 AM

i think i didn't specify that this happens on competitive not on casual

Vampragon43
01-31-2017, 12:51 PM
Skye has already received a few buffs, so she is actually quite viable. More viable than people give her credit for.
And Buck is easily countered by buying Cauterize.

TyTay
01-31-2017, 01:33 PM
Hey guys,

My honest opinion, Skye needs to rework. You say she's very weak, however, as I'm playing Sha Lin I keep losing to her. Her Invisibility lasts quite a while and gives her the advantage to flank. Her bomb ability is quite overpowered as well. If anything, she needs a bit of a jerk considering you can be invisible so much. Also, if playing Sha Lin you really need to focus to catch her invisible. It's a challenge to catch her if she's being played well and flanking.

costanata00
01-31-2017, 04:18 PM
she deals a humongous amount of damage, she can't get another buff until they lower her damage

Yellow96
01-31-2017, 04:44 PM
Hey guys,

My honest opinion, Skye needs to rework. You say she's very weak, however, as I'm playing Sha Lin I keep losing to her. Her Invisibility lasts quite a while and gives her the advantage to flank. Her bomb ability is quite overpowered as well. If anything, she needs a bit of a jerk considering you can be invisible so much. Also, if playing Sha Lin you really need to focus to catch her invisible. It's a challenge to catch her if she's being played well and flanking.

Indeed, Skye is a Sha Lin's counter, when you have a Skye in the enemy team you must foresee her chess, don't stay to far from your team or moving in a way preventing Skye from reach you without the risk of come across your teammates in the mid. It is not magic, it's only positioning skill, and consider that with 2 hits or a 3-hit planted you kill her and you can become invisible too (for a short time), so I do not see the problem, if not about skill.

Gordre
01-31-2017, 04:57 PM
Hey guys,

With more experience you will be better. Skye seems OP for new players but significantly weak for more experienced players.

ProGravity
02-01-2017, 07:02 AM
Buck needs only one nerf - Giga siphon life steal to be affected by cauterize.

Atlecx
02-01-2017, 08:20 AM
Skye isnt bad if you can actually use her well you know

And that sha lin could just be lucky or good. I can predict where skye is/will be when im playing because im used to her flanking patterns

PTLagger
02-01-2017, 09:24 AM
Buck needs only one nerf - Giga siphon life steal to be affected by cauterize.

That's a bug, atm all life steal cards can't be affected by Cauterize, include Life Rip card

Huttmunkkeeeys
02-01-2017, 02:36 PM
Skye is meant to be a high risk high reward styled character similar to Evie. She has the second highest potential DPS in the game, only being out beat by Bomb King. Her main problem at the moment is that she's too high of a risk, but doesn't quite have the reward there yet.

As for Buck, he's fine where he's at, in fact I'd say he needs a small buff to his reload speed and the shot spread. Andro does about 1200 DPS, Evie does 1100 DPS, and Skye has 1500+ DPS. If you compare that to Buck's meager 600 DPS, his high health makes sense.

SnowTamer
02-02-2017, 12:49 AM
Buck's damage output is so little and he has a big hitbox, he needs the health

SnowTamer
02-02-2017, 12:50 AM
Also the stealth u gotta learn how to use it