PDA

View Full Version : TorVald #OPTankConfirmed

SimHotMiner
01-26-2017, 06:20 AM
Hello! I played TorVald for few rounds and his shield is op,his very tank, his right click is to RECHARGE his shield??WOW, And his Ulti is to knockback enemy to Australia..., This is too op, so i think the Recharge ability cooldown must be increased (as increased i mean is example 10 second to 11 second, this is an example) ,increase the Recharge cooldown for few more seconds, and shield pls deduct 1000, because is too op and his very tanky in game.:D

SushiSpanker
01-26-2017, 06:34 AM
i played with him and he's actually quite team dependent
he's great against frontliners though but if you have DPS you just stay out of his range and kill him

ThePlayerKiller
01-26-2017, 06:36 AM
I agree. It's all about your team.

NicatsCage
01-26-2017, 06:38 AM
He is good with a decent team ,but otherwise he is going to get stomped on

Atlecx
01-26-2017, 01:09 PM
Hello! I played TorVald for few rounds and his shield is op,his very tank, his right click is to RECHARGE his shield??WOW, And his Ulti is to knockback enemy to Australia..., This is too op, so i think the Recharge ability cooldown must be increased (as increased i mean is example 10 second to 11 second, this is an example) ,increase the Recharge cooldown for few more seconds, and shield pls deduct 1000, because is too op and his very tanky in game.:D

Shield is good sure, but imagine a drogoz with wrecker 3? Even hitting just half (3/6) of your salvo shots will deal 7312.5 damage to the shield. Bye bye shield. He has 3500 health out of the shield and has no movement ability and no protection. RIP

Ultimate is awesome point control or a pentakill on fish market :D But it's still not as strong as, say, Grover's.

I think you're missing his best part which is Runic Blast. Combined with a makoa chain it's an instant kill.

EpplZ
01-26-2017, 06:56 PM
his ult is OP, its instawin either on offense or defence

CandySuxxx
01-26-2017, 09:03 PM
I felt like he was shit, but then again i only played him once.

Arcie
01-26-2017, 09:21 PM

Thanks for your professional and very well experienced viewpoint after three rounds on the new character. You must have done a lot of number crunching and test scenarios in order to give us a definitive factual claim that Torvald is an OP tank. We all bow down to your new methods of determining a characters overall power within three rounds, forgoing the need for any extensive playtesting. I do hope that Hi-Rez extends you a job as we could get characters released much quicker if the entirety of playtesting could be done for each character in under five matches in casual.

Seriously, can we make it a forum rule to not allow character balance in the first 7 days of a champion's release? Maybe let some strategy develop and let things settle to see how the cards actually lie? In three rounds you know nothing of a champion. You haven't played in competitive because he hasn't hit level 4 on your account in three rounds. You haven't played against teams who have had a chance to figure out how to deal with his brand of tanking yet. You haven't even tested more than a maximum of three loadouts yet! Champion design is like tasting a fine wine... let it breathe a bit before you greedily chug the bottle!

Arcie
01-26-2017, 09:21 PM
I felt like he was shit, but then again i only played him once.

Yeah, maybe you should have played three times, like the OP! Then you would be an expert on him!

CandySuxxx
01-26-2017, 09:26 PM
Yeah, maybe you should have played three times, like the OP! Then you would be an expert on him!

Id rather eat a raw potato with dirt on it.

BurmaJones
01-27-2017, 01:10 AM
Maybe it's because I play Viktor, but I feel like Torvald isn't hard to kill if you buy wrecker as a dps champ. The only thing I really find too strong about him is his ult, which shouldn't have infinite knockback. Perhaps I just haven't run into a good Torvald player/team yet.

CaoCao777
01-27-2017, 03:07 AM
his damage SUCKS you can hardly kill anything with it.. not with everyone shooting at you cause they know youre a choice target

his ult is pretty crazy, buuut its an ult.. its not poppy bomb

Insizer
01-27-2017, 12:09 PM
The ult is a bit much. It needs a max range. The range should be long, but it should have a definite range nonetheless. I sent a Fernando flying across the lake at Fish Market, so much so that he bounced off the wall of the cell. I don't care who you are, but that is excessive, especially considering how fast he can charge his ult.

MasterTeisel
01-27-2017, 12:29 PM
Wrecker Lvl. 1 is more than enough for Bomb King, Drogoz or Shan Lin to destroy Torvald. Even flankers as Evie or Androxus can destroy his shield easily thanks to their superior mobility.

Torvald is just a pain for teams that builds a bad item setup.

HATTRlCK
01-28-2017, 07:57 AM
He is not op I mean....
1) Get a cassie and a kinessa with wrecker and he will just be killed in no time, no matter how "OP" his shield is.
2) His ult being op....... then viktor doing 1k+ damage in a BIG area is op, Pip reducing his enemys speed and base health to 1800 is broken etc etc.... A Ult is meant to me strong if used correctly.

Yellow96
01-28-2017, 01:45 PM
Shield is good sure, but imagine a drogoz with wrecker 3? Even hitting just half (3/6) of your salvo shots will deal 7312.5 damage to the shield. Bye bye shield. He has 3500 health out of the shield and has no movement ability and no protection. RIP

Ultimate is awesome point control or a pentakill on fish market :D But it's still not as strong as, say, Grover's.

I think you're missing his best part which is Runic Blast. Combined with a makoa chain it's an instant kill.

I totally agree. About Ult, it's an "Ultimate". If it's used properly it's devastating, if not it's useless, like Evie's one for example, it depends by player's skill. Obviusly, if you don't kill his healer you will never kill him, and you must stay not too much near to him because his Rune Blast ability can bring you to death... you must only learn a bit about him.

One time people said ruckus too was op, but the reality is that you must know how to counter him, taking advantage of his low mobility.