PDA

View Full Version : Grover and new ultimate system

Nylisa
01-25-2017, 01:47 AM
so since patch 41 and this change in game :

"Support champions now gain ultimate charge from effective healing done to teammates. Self healing or healing done to teammates that heals for 0 do not provide ultimate charge."

i been playing against grover in alot of matches since patch 41 and i noticed a huge increase in win rate and ultimate spam while fighting them . can anyone confirm if he can just gain ultimate charge by standing around near players without any effort or its only his active healing skill that gets ultimate?

IF YES , doesn't that make him basically an ultimate bot with no effort?

EvieIV
01-25-2017, 02:54 AM
have you already tried picking cauterize

Nylisa
01-25-2017, 03:08 AM
have you already tried picking cauterize

yes few rounds i tried cauterize on him but haven't noticed any differences , its really hard to tell , i thought maybe it registers the ultimate points regardless of cauterize effects , thats why i asked if anyone knows how this system works .

its either just me that run into good grovers or this system is giving them an edge since rapidly spamming their ultimates in critical situations can turn the tides.

i also took into account the moral boost cards on different grovers.

Knightenstein
01-25-2017, 03:49 AM
@OP is clearly asking if Grover's passive heal ticks counted towards charging up Grover's Ult meter.
I think it does (not sure just like @OP. Someone clarify it for me please)

And even if it was, it's another design works as intended kinda change in that case.
Morale Boost Grover is as legitimate as Morale Boost Drogoz or Morale Boost Pip X'D
This is what we always get for people not overusing champions in the competitive level :v

Cauterize 3 spam on an ulting Grover and his teammates works wonders since he won't be healing jack shit then.
If you stick at even Cauterize 2. You're dead. Not big suprise.