PDA

View Full Version : Mal'Damba Stun Changes

icedwarrior
01-23-2017, 06:21 PM
Hi there. This morning, I woke up to learn that Mal'Damba's stun will be receiving a nerf on the next patch. Here's why I think that's a bad thing, and something that will likely kill off my enthusiasm for this game.

To me, Mal'Damba's class identity is stunning; it sets him apart from all the other healers. Now, obviously he's a healer - and healing is something that I certainly aim to do at all times. But "stunlocking" an out of position Ruckus, for example, is something that I find infinitely rewarding as Mal'Damba. If I wanted to toss out a heal and then afk, I'd roll a Ying - a character I find no satisfaction from. However, this three second immunity nerf... why?

Is this nerf coming because it's not fun getting stunlocked? So is getting turned into a chicken from Pip. So is getting headshot from a Kinessa from far away with no recourse other than to hide and/or wait from a teammate to deal with her. So is getting flanked from a flank and being unable to defend yourself. There are many situations in this game where you cannot defend yourself and/or take any significant actions to reverse the situation, so why is Mal'Damba's nerf coming?

In order to "properly" toss out stuns, I have to invest in my card loadout to give me +20% faster reload speed. I also have to sink a bunch of credits into reload speed (which I'd like to add 2x reload speed costs more than the 1,000 credits *grumble grumble grumble*). I have to get into unfavorable position (up close, into the fight) to be able to properly aim my stun. In addition to all that, I have to not be healing; there is something to be sacrificed to throw out stuns.

I went to the YouTube video where they explained the patch, to get a better feel for why this is happening, and I can't say I agree with their reasoning. Raynday says: "I don't think [Mal'Damba's] kit is intended to literally stunlock someone. I think it's meant to be a countermeasure - I think it's meant to assist with CC and keep someone there for a moment... kinda like Sha Lin's Impaler Arrow. Imagine if you could just impale someone into a wall, like, five times in a row... there's no way to survive that" (Source: https://youtu.be/rwK-OJoCbaA?t=1559). Are we really trying to compare an eight second ability to a reload? It would be pretty overpowered if you could chain five slithers in a row, too. Reloads and abilities with cooldowns aren't a fair comparison.

If the developers are dead set on nerfing this (and I ask that you not, but okay, hypothetical), then remove/rework the card that gives +20% reloading speed. Boom. Problem solved.

Please do not go through with this three second immunity change.

Azurion
01-23-2017, 06:35 PM
That was fustrating to be stunned to infinite tbh,and more when you were playing ruckus.

icedwarrior
01-23-2017, 06:49 PM
I hate to use this argument, but I find it holds true for Ruckus: don't put yourself in that position. Positioning matters to a Ruckus, and if a Ruckus is getting stunlocked, that's his fault for his misplay. Furthermore, it is very difficult to truly stunlock and kill a Ruckus as a Mal'Damba 1v1 for that long. Eventually, a teammate will more than likely show up, forcing the Mal'Damba to retreat.

CaoCao777
01-23-2017, 06:59 PM
i thought damba was MEANT to be ruckus's counter... it was cool..

Jusey1
01-23-2017, 07:26 PM
The problem with you argument is that Mal'Damba's stuns are suppose to be occasionally, not abused to stun-lock. He is built to be a strong healer and he has the highest healing rate in the game for a very good reason. Wasting your time to "stun-lock" someone is honestly pretty dang stupid and doing that kind of build is completely unnecessary. So, yes, I'm glad it is getting nerf cause it means that more people might actually play Mal'Damba to his full potential instead of wasting time on silly and near useless tactics.

icedwarrior
01-23-2017, 07:30 PM
The problem with you argument is that Mal'Damba's stuns are suppose to be occasionally, not abused to stun-lock.

Why do you say that? What if I said they are supposed to be spammed? After all, there's no cooldown - it is only reliant on how fast you can reload.

He is built to be a strong healer and he has the highest healing rate in the game for a very good reason.

Remember, when I'm stunning, I'm not healing. There's a trade-off.

Wasting your time to "stun-lock" someone is honestly pretty dang stupid and doing that kind of build is completely unnecessary.

If it's stupid and completely unnecessary, why is it getting nerfed? And no, I'd say shutting down someone is, generally, better than applying a HoT.

ThatOthell159
01-23-2017, 08:27 PM
FYI Damba's stun does not reset Ruckus' gun when stunned, if you continued to hold M1 as Ruckus you would still fire at max rate.

Laylacid
01-23-2017, 10:07 PM
I guess they just wanna try things out..

But yeah I don't really feel like he needs to be nerfed, I already find it hard to aim someone with the snake haha. And I've never seen the stun abused. I used to play Mal Damba a lot when I started the game and then I've discovered Ying. I love her, can totally understand why you find no satisfaction from playing her as you require more skills to be a good Mal Damba, while it is a bit easier to be a good Ying.

Definitely don't want him to be nerf, there are champs way more op that needs nerf in my opinion. But well.. Maybe my experience is not big enough, I have about 100 hours of game.

Egzodius
01-23-2017, 10:12 PM
yeah i dont agree with the nerf, they killed my main, they turned mal damba into pips chicken. Killed his identity, took his face off , u rekted my maldamba boy, fck it,iwas even going to buy a snak irl and call it maldamba now i will call it ying instead, so fak of nerfs ob42.

Mushixu
01-23-2017, 11:31 PM
Here is the thing. I'm not sure if you have every played against a "Stundamba", as he has been so accurately labeled upon many, but it's fucking annoying. "So is being turned into a chicken" Yes but that's his ult. "So is being HS by nessa." Yes, but that takes a whole ton more skill and accuracy. "So is being flanked by a flanker" ehhh, not as good of a point as your others, but that's their job, and they can be dealt with.

If we can just take a second to look at the numbers right?

Keep in mind, mals stun does last 1 second (If the target has no resilience.)

Maldamba reloads at a rate of about 2-2.25 seconds.

Now, with a true stundamba build, one will have +20% reload card in place. Making his stun 1.6-1.8 seconds before the game even begins at all. He stuns for one second, and a true stundama, WE ALL KNOW THIS IS TRUE, is already firing, and reloading, for his next stun. So in reality, you could argue that the stunned enemy will only be free of stun for about .8 seconds, before being stunned again. With the nerf, the sunned enemy will be stun free for 2.8 seconds.

NOW, a TRUE stundamba, will make his first buy defthands, total of +40% reload speed BEFORE THE FIRST ROUND HAS EVEN STARTED. Making his reload speed 1.2-1.35 Seconds. BEFORE THE FIRST ROUND EVEN STARTS. So in reality, you could argue that the stunned enemy will only be free of stun for about .35 seconds, before being stunned again. With the nerf, the sunned enemy will be stun free for 2.35 seconds.

Now, a true stundamba is also going to make his second buy Defthands tier 2. (This gives him max reload reduction, and there is NO REASON TO BUY TIER 3, reloadspeed cap is +60%.) This brings his stun to .8s - .9s So in reality, you could argue that the stunned enemy will NEVER BE FREE OF STUN, before being stunned again. (STUN LOCKED) With the nerf, the sunned enemy will be stun free for 1.9 seconds.

So what does this nerf mean for the professional stundambas?

This means if you, as a stun damba, intend on stunning ONLY a single target multiple times? That YOU SHOULDN'T BUY DEFT HANDS AT ALL after OB42. Why? Because his initial reload speed is 2.25s anyway, and you cant stun said target for 3s. You shouldn't even have the +20% reloadspeed loadout if that's your plan.

How do I feel about it?

After seeing the numbers myself, personally I think the stun immunity should be reduced from 3s, to 2, or even 1.5s. If a maldamba invests his loadout and buys into reloadspeed, he should be rewarded for that fact. This makes the loadout card viable, aswell as the first buy defthands viable, BUT tier 2 buy is going to miss once or twice on a target if you .

Personally, I feel that even with the stun nerf, Stundamba is STILL viable. If you take into account that his stun lasts for 1 second, the remaining stun immunity is 2 seconds..

NekonataM
01-24-2017, 01:16 AM
I completely agree with the nerf. I couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong I like Mal'damba, but that's not the way to play him.

SnowTamer
01-24-2017, 04:39 AM
No, the nerf is fine. The stun is just supposed to be a conter measure, something to defend, not for stunlocking.

Lucai
01-24-2017, 08:51 AM
The thing about Mal'Damba is, that unlike every other champion, he stuns by reloading. So he can almost constantly stun - no cooldown, except the reload. Others have cooldowns for stunning (Grumpy Bomb; Impaler Arrow; ...). So, instead of nerfing the stunning-time, how about change his kit a little, so that his stunning is an actual ability with an actual cooldown?
I don't REALLY like that idea because the reload-stun was something that made Mal'Damba unique. With my idea, he wouldn't be as unique anymore. But, it works. Soo..

For example:
How about, if you hit an enemy with "Mending Spirits" instead of an ally or simply missing, it stuns the enemy. (The cooldown should depend on whether you're stunning, or healing. So, for stunning it could be like, 6 seconds, and for healing 3 seconds or something like that. Just an example.) This does make the card "If you miss Mending Spirits, the cooldown gets reduced by x%" rather useless though, as you are unlikely to not hit anyone (it can still happen though, of course.)
Another idea: Reform "Slither" to a Stun. This would remove his mobility, so he can't escape as easily, BUT if he gets chased (1v1) he could use that stun to escape, or to kill the enemy while they are stunned, and then get to safety.
ANOTHER idea for that Slither-thing (my favourite idea, lol): Slithering through enemies stuns them. Regardless of the amount. Just "touch" them (/fly through them, rather) and they'll get stunned. Done.

Just my thoughts. ^^"

Stayhi
01-24-2017, 09:16 AM
Mal Damba is dead now, Lowest dps of supports. Enemy team gets Cauterize and he is completely useless. No point in investing in faster reload when you are forced to be a pure healer now. Every other support has at least decent damage and some utility. Now Damba has probably the worse of both BUT the best healing that can be countered easily (yay).

Stun Damba was fine. Some people just cant play a team game and should stick to things like BF1 or CoD where they dont have to work as a team. Damba isnt stun locking anyone when theres more than one person, thats all you needed. If you're alone in a Team game, you're playing this wrong.

If you wanted to nerf the stun, make it with diminishing return, dont make them stun immune for 3 seconds...That way Damba can still interrupt and force some people to counter him. Now he can just be ignored all together except as a pure healer. Front Liners are not supposed to be tanks...Supports arent supposed to be pure healer. Welp you just made one

SlenderLegs
01-24-2017, 09:21 AM
Maldamba was never supposed to be able to stun-lock people
plus, getting stunned permanent by maldamba is unfair and annoying, wich is obviously a bad thing.
And the difference between a Pip ult + kinessa headshot and maldamba stun lock is huge.
First of all, maldamba can stun whenever he wants and its not hard to stun people.
Pip need his ULTIMATE and Kinessa needs to make a headshot wich is really hard, that's the difference

Stayhi
01-24-2017, 09:33 AM
Maldamba was never supposed to be able to stun-lock people
plus, getting stunned permanent by maldamba is unfair and annoying, wich is obviously a bad thing.

Source where they said Damba was never meant to stun lock? If a damba invests in reload speed, and concentrates on stun locking, he's sacrificing other areas of his play.

And why is stun locking bad in a TEAM game? Can Damba stun lock 2 people at the same time? He wont live long stun locking one with 2 people there.

Sounds like alot of people have the same problem with Damba as they do Mei in overwatch. Looks like blizzard treated that situation right and left it alone, in fact they buffed Mei.

ProGravity
01-24-2017, 10:27 AM
I don't understand the salt.

Damba has possibly the highest healing, one of highest DPS (820 left click + 200 gourd aoe), great survivability with 16% dmg reduction card, no range on his heal making flankers very strong in damba's team.

And on top of that you're going to be salty about not having a stun lock? You want to be rewarded for buying deft hands? How much do ying, grover, grohk and pip benefit from deft hands? Why should you be rewarded more? The fact there's even a stun to begin with should be good enough.

Wallachia
01-24-2017, 10:37 AM
Is this nerf coming because it's not fun getting stunlocked? So is getting turned into a chicken from Pip. So is getting headshot from a Kinessa from far away with no recourse other than to hide and/or wait from a teammate to deal with her. So is getting flanked from a flank and being unable to defend yourself. There are many situations in this game where you cannot defend yourself and/or take any significant actions to reverse the situation, so why is Mal'Damba's nerf coming?

This entire paragraph is illogical.

1 - Pip's ability to turn people into chickens is his Ult and it can't be spammed. You can't get Pip and turn Ruckus continuously into a chicken until he dies.
2 - If you get headshot by a Kinessa, you know something that can help quite a lot? Situational awareness. Position yourself better and avoid exposing your support char until someone takes Kinessa out. If you are not a FLer nor a Support, then nothing stops you from going after that Kinessa.
3 - If you are getting flanked more than once by the same person in the same way, it's your fault, unlike being permastun, where you can just let go of the keyboard and simply watch your character not being controllable. Entirely different situations.
4 - There are many situations where you can't defend yourself, but they are ALL avoidable, as there are not 1-hit-kills nor infinite combos like Mal'Damba's permastun.

In order to "properly" toss out stuns, I have to invest in my card loadout to give me +20% faster reload speed. I also have to sink a bunch of credits into reload speed (which I'd like to add 2x reload speed costs more than the 1,000 credits *grumble grumble grumble*). I have to get into unfavorable position (up close, into the fight) to be able to properly aim my stun. In addition to all that, I have to not be healing; there is something to be sacrificed to throw out stuns.

So you are basically defending something that greatly reduces Mal'Damba's efficiency as a healer by admitting that you have to gear up to be a less efficient healer?

"Oh no, my support character is having his broken mechanic removed, now I will be forced to focus more on being a support rather than wasting time perma-stunning someone."

Yeah, I'm very glad Mal'Dumba is having his permastun removed.

Stayhi
01-24-2017, 10:55 AM
4 - There are many situations where you can't defend yourself, but they are ALL avoidable, as there are not 1-hit-kills nor infinite combos like Mal'Damba's permastun.

If you cant avoid Mal Damba stun lock in a TEAM game, then either you should stop playing team games or you unfortunately have a really bad team. Whats the problem in having to use teamwork to achieve a goal such as not letting one weak solo champion stun lock you. 1v1 ya damba can stun lock you. 2v1 or just a 5v5 fight...damba is not stun locking anyone.

So if youre 1v1 vs Damba, ya you would get stun locked. But that is whats great about Team games! you should never be alone to put yourself in that position!

TriggerSmile
01-24-2017, 12:18 PM
If you cant avoid Mal Damba stun lock in a TEAM game, then either you should stop playing team games or you unfortunately have a really bad team. Whats the problem in having to use teamwork to achieve a goal such as not letting one weak solo champion stun lock you. 1v1 ya damba can stun lock you. 2v1 or just a 5v5 fight...damba is not stun locking anyone.

So if youre 1v1 vs Damba, ya you would get stun locked. But that is whats great about Team games! you should never be alone to put yourself in that position!

Because of this is a TEAM game, even stun locking someone twice with end their death because a team will focus down the stunned target. Even in a team fight this secures targets death even with just one stun if one other teammate is smart enough to focus on the stunned target. Not to mention this Stun lock enables Mal'damba to hard carry teams like Androxus and Drogoz.

Stayhi
01-24-2017, 01:00 PM
Because of this is a TEAM game, even stun locking someone twice with end their death because a team will focus down the stunned target. Even in a team fight this secures targets death even with just one stun if one other teammate is smart enough to focus on the stunned target. Not to mention this Stun lock enables Mal'damba to hard carry teams like Androxus and Drogoz.

And if Hes stun locking, hes not healing or at least very well. Hes also leaving himself vulnerable while stun locking to the other team. (Cant stun lock if you slither to avoid others). How it was, stun lock was a little OP, and to those who cant stay with a team could be really bothersome. But they nerf they gave Damba is terrible. Ive said before ill say it again, DIMINISHING RETURNS. First stun = 1sec, Second stun = .5sec, Third stun = .1sec, Fourth stun = immune. There you go, thats how you fix Dambas stun.

firenzee
01-24-2017, 03:46 PM
Please, stun-locking is obviously a broken mechanic.

No other champion can do similar thing and there is a reason for it: it's unfair.

Arcie
01-24-2017, 07:09 PM
Hi there. This morning, I woke up to learn that Mal'Damba's stun will be receiving a nerf on the next patch. Here's why I think that's a bad thing, and something that will likely kill off my enthusiasm for this game.

To me, Mal'Damba's class identity is stunning; it sets him apart from all the other healers. Now, obviously he's a healer - and healing is something that I certainly aim to do at all times. But "stunlocking" an out of position Ruckus, for example, is something that I find infinitely rewarding as Mal'Damba. If I wanted to toss out a heal and then afk, I'd roll a Ying - a character I find no satisfaction from. However, this three second immunity nerf... why?

I am sorry that nerfing one overpowered and not working as intended kit will single-handedly kill your enthusiasm for this game. Mal'Damba's class identity is NOT stunning. His identity is direct heal and AoE heal. He has the only targeted direct heal in the game and the most effective AoE heal in the game. He has one control skill (the ultimate) and a reload mechanic which adds some control. The reload mechanic (not even a skill, mind you) was not intended to take away from his focus as the best healer in the game. While we are all glad that you definitely focus on healing other people while running Stun Lock Mal'Damba, that is not how most Mal'Dambas run, which is a shame because he has the potential to be the best healer in the game. Also, I think you need to reassess the term "out of position" because a Ruckus ON the point with their healer is NOT out of position. The problem is, Mal'Damba on Stun Lock punishes an IN-POSITION Makoa HARD. This is easily, not working as intended.

Getting turned into a chicken by Pip is an ultimate skill and lasts a few seconds, all of those seconds, by the way, you can move and try to escape. This happens a handful of times a game, not every time Pip reloads his weapon. Kinessa has extra damage on head shots, but you can get away after the first one and get a teammate to flank her. There are very few situations where a player can't defend themselves other than the stun chain from Mal'Damba. The only other one I can think of is the Jolt IV Poppy Bomb build for Bomb King.

Yes, the sacrifice is you don't throw out heals because you are focusing on stuns. On a healing character with half of his skills being heals, you would think that enticing a character to focus on a STUN LOCK build instead of a HEALING build would be going against the intended design of the character. Also, how is being on the point supporting the tank in the middle of the fight OUT of position for a healer? Again, I think you need to look up the term "out of position".

I went to the YouTube video where they explained the patch, to get a better feel for why this is happening, and I can't say I agree with their reasoning. Raynday says: "I don't think [Mal'Damba's] kit is intended to literally stunlock someone. I think it's meant to be a countermeasure - I think it's meant to assist with CC and keep someone there for a moment... kinda like Sha Lin's Impaler Arrow. Imagine if you could just impale someone into a wall, like, five times in a row... there's no way to survive that" (Source: https://youtu.be/rwK-OJoCbaA?t=1559). Are we really trying to compare an eight second ability to a reload? It would be pretty overpowered if you could chain five slithers in a row, too. Reloads and abilities with cooldowns aren't a fair comparison.

You are totally correct. We shouldn't compare cooldown skills which are meticulously balanced using... what are those called again? Oh yeah, COOLDOWNS to a reload mechanic, the only one in the game, I am fairly certain, which was given NO cooldown and can produce an effect normally reserved for a high cooldown because hard stuns VERY easily break gameplay. How, by your own admission of this, do you not see a reload ability with NO cooldown or down time as not being grossly over powered?

If the developers are dead set on nerfing this (and I ask that you not, but okay, hypothetical), then remove/rework the card that gives +20% reloading speed. Boom. Problem solved.

Please do not go through with this three second immunity change.

Every single competitive game with hard stuns have diminishing returns on stuns. In quite a few games they are global. Any character that has been stunned within the last X number of seconds can only be hit with 50% on the next stun, then 25%, etc. This prevents team comps from over focusing stuns to completely control another team. Stun locks are avoided in every competitive game because they cause too many issues with game flow and ultimately lean balance in favor of the team with the most stuns.

So, once again, I am sorry that your enthusiasm for the game will drop, but those of us who actually hope the game gets more balanced and enjoyable to play outnumber you. Mal'Damba is my favorite healer. I have never played him Stun-Lock build because a healer shouldn't focus a build on shutting down another character. If you build the Stun-Lock build on Mal'Damba, you don't have a clue what the character was designed around.

NekonataM
01-25-2017, 04:20 AM
If you cant avoid Mal Damba stun lock in a TEAM game, then either you should stop playing team games or you unfortunately have a really bad team.

If you can't stun more than one person and the stun is that useless when the enemy is a good team. why do you defend the stunlock?
You are talking as if the stun was useless but you're defending it. The nerf will help newbies who play against "good teams" to focus more on healing than stunning so you have no reason to defend it.

MOVAL
01-25-2017, 05:48 AM
I am a Mal'Damba fan(like 50+% of my play is Mal) and the stun nerf will be devastating to my play. Constant stunning was very enjoyable, but I never felt it was too op, because first if I stun tankers like fern and barik, they will block it with their shield or move out of the way with movement skills. Flanks are usually too mobile to stun for long, and the only time it is effective is when used on far ranged dealers like kinessa and Sha Lin. But they are soon aided by flanks and have to 2vs1 to win(not very good for mal at all). Mal'Damba is a good healer for sure, but is like hardly ever used. I only see a mal in every 20+ rounds. Nerfing him will make him even less popular. Why not nerf the stun to 1.5 secs? Then even a lone ruckus will survive the attack.
Experience of lv 8 and 9 mal in 2 different accounts(not much really)

eizene
01-25-2017, 06:01 AM
how about changing the mechanics coding system of maldamba stun by probability??
ex : 50% stun : 50% not stun, if you think that's still OP then reduce to 40% stun : 60% not stun
we keep that's 20% reload loadout, and deft hand lvl 2 still necessary to buy if you want it..
Then you can spam it but sometimes you failed stun enemies,
Your "magical stun" have two deficiency : avoidable and 50:50 / 40:60 possibility of successful stun

i hope hirez-dev can read my idea :O and sorry for my bad english (english isn't my main language)

Xiellify
01-25-2017, 06:46 AM
I learned about this "Stundamba" and used it but I must agree the stun-lock is ridiculous so I can only approve of the gracing period added before the enemy champion can be stunned again.

NekonataM
01-25-2017, 07:11 AM
how about changing the mechanics coding system of maldamba stun by probability??
ex : 50% stun : 50% not stun, if you think that's still OP then reduce to 40% stun : 60% not stun
we keep that's 20% reload loadout, and deft hand lvl 2 still necessary to buy if you want it..
Your "magical stun" have two deficiency : avoidable and 50:50 / 40:60 possibility of successful stun

i hope hirez-dev can read my idea :O and sorry for my bad english (english isn't my main language)

That's even a harder nerf than the one is getting right now.

Jnaejnae
01-25-2017, 07:33 AM
I am a Mal'Damba main, and I'm happy about the nerf. If you are being deprived of your abilities and weapons, its frustrating no matter what. Pip's and Maldamba's ult are bearable because it happens so rarely, and Grumpy Bomb is ok because there is so much warning and counterplay. One thing that makes a shooter and fighter game fun is the ability to counter play. Stripping the ability to counterplay by having a fast and frequent stun is by all means anti fun. Yes you can avoid most things with great positioning, but the point of counterplay is that you still have the small chance of outplaying and making up for minor mistakes.

That said I dont think Mal Damba is in a great place right now. I dont think nerfing his stun removes his identity because he can still stun, and he still has his identity as the hitscan healer. But I do hope he gets a buff in another one of his strengths. Maybe a buff to slither or gourd. I personally think it would be cool if slither gave maldamba a short cloak/invisibility effect after slither, or slither could reset all your other cooldowns. I am all for making this game more fair by adding more counterplay, but the new character seems to be against this notion so I dunno.

Mushixu
01-25-2017, 08:40 AM

They tend to stay away from RNG.. or random possibility.

DaSpyChecker
01-25-2017, 09:41 AM
Best thing of the patch is stun nerf, even if it required a lot of "skill" it was the most annoying thing in the game & not counter-able, Paladins is rarely annoying & you can mostly fight back which is why i love this game. There is no press Q for play of the game here & no more one trick dambas. If you think mal is now ruined, you had no idea of his high healing potential

Stayhi
01-25-2017, 09:59 AM
Best thing of the patch is stun nerf, even if it required a lot of "skill" it was the most annoying thing in the game & not counter-able, Paladins is rarely annoying & you can mostly fight back which is why i love this game. There is no press Q for play of the game here & no more one trick dambas. If you think mal is now ruined, you had no idea of his high healing potential

And whats his use outside of healing? Last I checked Supports are not Healers and Front Liners are not Tanks. People have made that very clear in previous discussions. Front Line holds the Front Line and Supports support your team. As I see it, Damba is the best Healer but that is all he is even decent at. And that can be very easily countered by Cauterize. Just wondering what you think his purpose is outside of healing, im ok with nerfing his stun, Id just rather see diminished return on his stuns instead of being immune after one stun.

PitFighter
01-25-2017, 12:11 PM
This ability was nerfed cause max reload speed mal'damba build is permament stun for anyone who was catched by it.

Stayhi
01-25-2017, 12:37 PM
This ability was nerfed cause max reload speed mal'damba build is permament stun for anyone who was catched by it.

I dont think anyone is arguing that it should've never changed at all. Just how it was changed.

CandySuxxx
01-25-2017, 01:29 PM
Tbh, the stunlock was an exploit of a badly designed mechanic, which kind of mechanic is uniqe to maldamba, who was already pretty strong to start with, also recieved a buff not long after release. You ppl can complain!!

Stayhi
01-25-2017, 01:47 PM
Tbh, the stunlock was an exploit of a badly designed mechanic, which kind of mechanic is uniqe to maldamba, who was already pretty strong to start with, also recieved a buff not long after release. You ppl can complain!!

Strong how? with healing? No one is arguing that either. In fact many people including myself claim he is the best healer currently. But in my opinion, after this stun nerf, that is all Damba is..a Healer. People dont want to admit that Front Line = Tank and Support = Healer, but Damba now does not make that argument any easier. People want FL to control the front line, not just soak up damage, and they want Supports to actually support the team, not just sit there and heal

Arcie
01-26-2017, 05:58 PM
And whats his use outside of healing? Last I checked Supports are not Healers and Front Liners are not Tanks. People have made that very clear in previous discussions. Front Line holds the Front Line and Supports support your team. As I see it, Damba is the best Healer but that is all he is even decent at. And that can be very easily countered by Cauterize. Just wondering what you think his purpose is outside of healing, im ok with nerfing his stun, Id just rather see diminished return on his stuns instead of being immune after one stun.

The stun is still part of what he does. It's control. Perma-stun is beyond control, it's unbalanced. A tank on the point can't survive against a Stunlock Mal'Damba because the point fight is usually tanks and healers. If you can drop a gourd on the point and lock the opponent's tank down, it's your point. One stun becomes a lock. After the nerf, he will be able to do what he was designed to do, which is Slither through Fernando or Barrik or to catch up to a shielded Makoa, and shut down the defenses. Stun a Fernando right after he pops his shield, now he's open and the team doesn't have to over spend on Wrecker. Makoa turtles so Mal'Damba slithers in for the stun to end the shield and put it back on cooldown. Sha Lin plants, Mal'Damba can end that quick if he is expecting it and playing reactively. This is the point of Mal'Damba's stun. He can end channels without using a skill. He is the only character with this ability. He is a healer that can control channeled abilities.

I don't get why people have an issue with removing this stun-lock. It was a horrible mechanic the way it was released. The correct solution should be a global stun return reduction. Cut the stun time in half each time you are consecutively stunned within a 3-5 second period. This would include Impaler Arrow, Mal'Damba's Reload, Grumpy Bomb, and any other non-ult stun. I do feel like Bomb King's ult should still get full stun since it is an ult. In either case, the 3 second escape will definitely make Mal'Damba play as I believe they intended with the build.

CandySuxxx
01-26-2017, 08:01 PM
Strong how? with healing? No one is arguing that either. In fact many people including myself claim he is the best healer currently. But in my opinion, after this stun nerf, that is all Damba is..a Healer. People dont want to admit that Front Line = Tank and Support = Healer, but Damba now does not make that argument any easier. People want FL to control the front line, not just soak up damage, and they want Supports to actually support the team, not just sit there and heal

They play however they like

EpplZ
01-26-2017, 08:13 PM
SO basically they will remove any "cool" aspect of this game (bk self knockback, drogoz slide, damba stunlock... ad. lib.) and release more viktor's clones? I'm starting to like this game soooo much!

Well, time to reinstall Qlive

CandySuxxx
01-26-2017, 08:52 PM
SO basically they will remove any "cool" aspect of this game (bk self knockback, drogoz slide, damba stunlock... ad. lib.) and release more viktor's clones? I'm starting to like this game soooo much!

Well, time to reinstall Qlive

Those were not intended, glitches. It would be cool if they buffed the movement abilities tho.

EpplZ
01-26-2017, 09:27 PM
Those were not intended, glitches. It would be cool if they buffed the movement abilities tho.

Well the good part was fast paced game + abilities, now they want to remove the "fps" part of the game, thats why the game is less and less appealing to me, it is just taste anyway, they do what they want with their game, but I feel like they are pushing more noob friendly champs around and nerf to the ground the high skill ceiling champs, to me the game is globaly going into the "duh" direction. Again, it is just my point of view, I can understand they want a noob friendly game and not a hardcore one for economic reasons at least ^^

CandySuxxx
01-26-2017, 11:09 PM
Well the good part was fast paced game + abilities, now they want to remove the "fps" part of the game, thats why the game is less and less appealing to me, it is just taste anyway, they do what they want with their game, but I feel like they are pushing more noob friendly champs around and nerf to the ground the high skill ceiling champs, to me the game is globaly going into the "duh" direction. Again, it is just my point of view, I can understand they want a noob friendly game and not a hardcore one for economic reasons at least ^^

Hitboxes definietly need some adjusting. Also while the game's pace might be just fine but often activating abilities and transitioning between them just isnt smooth enough. And little things, like why cant you nether step while in reversal when you can shield+shell spin. One thing i really liked about quake is that its almost like your in a never ending flow playing that game. A lot of the times in paladins you feel like ur just jerking off.
Other than this i dont mind if there are some noob friendly champions i think its good to have all kinds. Also viktor can be surprisingly fun to play when your up against good flankers. While it is still rather simple to play but not as ppl like to say, cassie and shalin r easier, imo. Though it is probably the lowest skill floor in paladins.

CaoCao777
01-27-2017, 01:55 AM
i agree stun lock is kinda stupid..

but 3 seconds!!??

THREE SECONDS!!! DA FUGGG!!!
Torvalds shield thing is TWO SECONDS !! and .. thats supposed to be "a long time"

i havent played damba, but iam kinda dreading it... 3 seconds sounds like forever

Stayhi
01-27-2017, 09:16 AM
The stun is still part of what he does. It's control. Perma-stun is beyond control, it's unbalanced. A tank on the point can't survive against a Stunlock Mal'Damba because the point fight is usually tanks and healers. If you can drop a gourd on the point and lock the opponent's tank down, it's your point. One stun becomes a lock. After the nerf, he will be able to do what he was designed to do, which is Slither through Fernando or Barrik or to catch up to a shielded Makoa, and shut down the defenses. Stun a Fernando right after he pops his shield, now he's open and the team doesn't have to over spend on Wrecker. Makoa turtles so Mal'Damba slithers in for the stun to end the shield and put it back on cooldown. Sha Lin plants, Mal'Damba can end that quick if he is expecting it and playing reactively. This is the point of Mal'Damba's stun. He can end channels without using a skill. He is the only character with this ability. He is a healer that can control channeled abilities.

I don't get why people have an issue with removing this stun-lock. It was a horrible mechanic the way it was released. The correct solution should be a global stun return reduction. Cut the stun time in half each time you are consecutively stunned within a 3-5 second period. This would include Impaler Arrow, Mal'Damba's Reload, Grumpy Bomb, and any other non-ult stun. I do feel like Bomb King's ult should still get full stun since it is an ult. In either case, the 3 second escape will definitely make Mal'Damba play as I believe they intended with the build.

ONCE AGAIN...Im not against nerfing the perma stun lock. But how they nerfed it I think killed an entire way people play Mal Damba. With Diminished returns on the stun, people can still go for quick reloads and stun 2 or 3 times somewhat effectively but not stun locked in any way. Hes a pure healer now, please argue that hes not. Thats been a big argument around here how FL is not a Tank and Support are not Healers.

Siphili
01-27-2017, 04:10 PM
(sorry - did not read all postings :rolleyes:)

the stun-shot after reloading:
- A suggestion: why not making it "the stun-shot is Mal'Damba's last shot". So, one opponent can be stunned, while Mal'Damba is reloading or running away, but not firing; reloading done = stun over. Than it will become a defensive feature for Mal'Damba and skills decide who will be the last man standing (1 vs 1) ...

HATTRlCK
01-28-2017, 06:53 AM
Best nerf ever, no objection. /endthread