PDA

View Full Version : Swap Grover's DPS axe throw.

Whocando
01-18-2017, 01:49 AM
As a Grover user I see an apparent conundrum to his support and damage role.

The is no doubt a conflict of interest having the support/healing system almost front line but the DPS at long range.

I think it would feel more appropriate to have the bonus DPS at close proximity and less at long distance but adequate enough to provide long range suppression.

I realise there is a ironic aesthetic to having an Axe wielding Tree which may be intentional. But I think it would be kind of cool to see a Champion use a boomerang.....nudge nudge.

Also since Grover does not reload could there be perchance a reason to give him some 'R' key ability/utility??? Maybe throw seeds or entangle/root for example.

Just some thoughts.

Xiellify
01-18-2017, 02:27 AM
On how I play Grover, I provide cover from a bit back of the front line (not too far!), just throwing the axe in spots where their damage (cassie/kinessa/sha lin) would peak; basically suppressing fire. I use Vine (F) if I think I went too far for my Blossom to reach the front line if they need a heal. Obviously, this is not always the case. It depends on what I see on the enemy's front line too. If it's warranted I stay real close or not. So in another scenario, I could actually use F to escape. :)

I do think a boomerang would be a more apt weapon for Grover too. I wonder if they'd be willing to change that. :D

I was actually hoping the reload card would make his axe throw would go faster.

SnowTamer
01-18-2017, 02:38 AM
I think right now grover is just fine, but if you play Overwatch, i think a class like lucio that throws boomerangs will be a good idea, he will be agile and maybe his right click changes between healing health and speed maybe or damage/reload speed smth like that. hope not too copyrighted tho even tho the idea is from overwatch

Whocando
01-18-2017, 04:44 AM
It's not that Grover now doesn't work.
It's just the whole axe at range doing more damage seems counter intuitive. for an outgoing passive heal class, and my preference for buffed blossom spam. Vine for mobility is great. heal skill..also fine.

but the axe doing more damage further away does not click with me. Surely an axe does more damage close proximity, its the very nature of the weapon.

I am not asking for melee

Don't get me wrong ive enjoyed the out sniping Kinesa moments. But if I want to be an effective healer you are more or less committed to the objective/tank support.

Muminette
01-18-2017, 05:17 AM
I think Grover is excellent to take down snipers and any other champions spamming their left click from a distance (i.e. BK, Pip, etc.). As a frontline I like playing alongside good Grovers - Grovers that have good aim and don't forget about healing. I think he is in a good spot as a champion.

Whocando
01-18-2017, 07:29 AM
I am making the suggestion as an active Grover player. I think he is in an ok place, but not excellent.
Suppressing snipers is fine i just don't think the bonus damage is needed for that role.
The problem with having bonus damage at distance is that it encourages distant play this however contradicts the very role of outgoing support via self target aoe. (should i be focusing on taking down snipers or more aware of my local area and support) it's far from ideal.
I would much prefer my bonus damage to be relevant to my role (near players) who are more than likely near enemies. Or make a card that swaps the distance of bonus damage and at least give the option perhaps.