PDA

View Full Version : Why doesnt supports get ult charge by self healing?

SlenderLegs
01-16-2017, 12:29 PM
In OB 41, supports now finally gains ult charge by healing ALLIES not her self? Wtf why?

Why dont they get ult charge by self healing? Is it because they HAVE TO heal their teamates only? You do know that supports needs to heal them self too. Hi-Rez is littelary saying that "supports arent supposed to heal themselfs. THEY ARE ONLY SUPPOSED TO HEAL THEIR TEAMATES!!!!

Doesnt make sense

FireCat555
01-16-2017, 12:38 PM
they are supposed to heal them selves, but now they will heal others much more if they want their ults fast. I've played with people who only healed themselves and it's so annoying, especially in competitive. plus, you'll still get the regular ult charging by time, if i'm not wrong.

Insizer
01-16-2017, 12:40 PM
1.) They want to provide incentives to focus on healing others
2.) Supports should try and avoid being damaged, not throwing themselves into situations and relying on their heals to keep them afloat.
3.) Pip can do self damage, whereas the others cannot. Not only does this give him the ability to charge up easier, but he is the only one that can do so.
4.) Because then it might legitimize prioritizing healing oneself over another...possibly...
5.) Its not that big a deal honestly. The fact that they get charge from heals is a huge boon already.

Samwyse
01-16-2017, 12:41 PM
I think it is to prevent it from being exploited.
Some champions, like Pip can do damage to themselves simply by shooting at a wall, or at the ground. This would allow him to shoot at something, lose health, heal up, and thus getting his ultimate up abit faster.

TheSeppl
01-16-2017, 12:41 PM
1. DD's Don't get ult charge for dealing damage to themselfs, so why should Healers get Ult charge for healing themselfs?
2. Yeah typical role of healers are healing teammates.
3. Its a nice plus when they can heal themselfs, dont have to overstrengh it.

EvieIV
01-16-2017, 12:43 PM
let's also make others get ult charge for damaging themselves

cause drogoz wasn't getting enough of it

Wallachia
01-16-2017, 12:51 PM
ai crai everitim

ArtCrusade
01-16-2017, 02:10 PM
Do you get credits for healing yourself? No. Should you get ult charge for healing yourself then? NO.

SlenderLegs
01-17-2017, 03:50 AM
1.) They want to provide incentives to focus on healing others
2.) Supports should try and avoid being damaged, not throwing themselves into situations and relying on their heals to keep them afloat.
3.) Pip can do self damage, whereas the others cannot. Not only does this give him the ability to charge up easier, but he is the only one that can do so.
4.) Because then it might legitimize prioritizing healing oneself over another...possibly...
5.) Its not that big a deal honestly. The fact that they get charge from heals is a huge boon already.

all healers can self heal -_-

GelidGenteel
01-17-2017, 04:15 AM
i would say self healing should help charge ult, but only by a tiny amount. maybe 1/6th of what healing someone else would give? something like that. even in games like Overwatch self healing gives some. due to self heals not healing nearly as much as a Support focusing an ally would, it shouldny matter nearly as much.

however, an example like Mal'Damba healing himself with a Gourd should still charge Ult slightly + add to their overall heals stat at the end of the full match. i wouldnt make it charge nearly as much as Ally healing would, but it still should charge some.

PTLagger
01-17-2017, 04:15 AM
They have 2 way for gaining Ult: 1 from Healing allies and 1 from Damaging enemies. If they can get Ult from self healing, that's mean Supports have 3 way to gain Ult and it's too much
Meanwhile Frontline only get Ult by attacking with shitty dmg (excep Ruckus), FL should have Ult charge from shielding

GelidGenteel
01-17-2017, 05:17 AM
simple fix:
• make self healing charge Ult
• Supports that can self heal have to charge more to use their Ult

example of this happening: Mei from Overwatch could get her Ult waaaay too fast due to not only being able to self heal and damage, but also block damage. in order to fix this, rather than nerf how much charge she got, they extended the required charge to use the Ult so it would take longer to use without totally reworking how the game mechanics worked

GelidGenteel
01-17-2017, 05:26 AM
the only issue messing this whole discussion up, is the fact that you can passively heal over time and thus youd have to code in a difference between deliberate self healing and passive OoC healing.

imo, out of combat healing is retarded and needs to be gotten rid of. if you build a heavy Crowd Control team, you basically dont need a healer at all because you only need to rotate CCers out every once in a while to regen life then cycle them back in. its a really weird mechanic to be able to easily escape combat and fully self heal while also having champions based around healing.

Wallachia
01-17-2017, 07:56 AM
Um...

Aren't all supports able to self heal as collateral healing while working on the team, except for Ying, since you can't choose who to heal with her clones?

Pip's potion is an AoE, he can get with it, Grover's burst heal also heals him, Mal'Damba can just stand on his gourd's area and Grohk can just stand around his totem.

LinkAkward
01-17-2017, 08:14 AM
This new update with supp healing charge ult has made it so pip can fking spam hes ult... its abit annoying.

Meanwhile Frontline only get Ult by attacking with shitty dmg (excep Ruckus), FL should have Ult charge from shielding

All frontline can charge their ult by standing on the objective.

GelidGenteel
01-17-2017, 12:35 PM
This new update with supp healing charge ult has made it so pip can fking spam hes ult... its abit annoying.

All frontline can charge their ult by standing on the objective.

thats only because he can damage himself, which is a glitch and should NOT build ult charge. most characters who can damage themselves in other games do not also have a way to heal themselves directly after. HOWEVER, in some games Supports can fake their stats by having a friend intentionally hurt themself in order to farm healing.

edit: to better clarify, Pip gains Ult from the fact hes hurting himself, currently Supports get no Ult charge off self heals. this is what i mean by "glitch". it techically isnt one, but the fact it gains Ult charge, is. it needs to be patched

Jusey1
01-17-2017, 06:19 PM
Because it would be OP, pretty simple as that. I main healer Pip and I love this buff... Being able to use my ultimate around 6-8 times in a match vs the normal 2-3 is nice.

~Edit~

Making it even better by including self-healing is just too much is what I'm getting at here.