PDA

View Full Version : Makoa dredge anchor

Lorkar
01-14-2017, 08:05 AM
No whine, just a question.

Is it a bug or a feature that Makoa can instant kill players with his dredge anchor at water or abysses? He just stands with his back to them, uses his acnhor and makes a 180 degree turn.

I know you can be pushed of the map by several heroes, but that is just the result of bad positioning and rarely happens. In Fish Market a few minutes ago Makoa got like 12 or 13 kills this way.

Samwyse
01-14-2017, 08:26 AM
It is as intended. Makoa is able to hook, then pull an enemy down the ledge of several maps. Either makoa misses the target, or you need to position yourself far away.

Atilah
01-14-2017, 08:35 AM
Makoa waiting to enemies to use his dredge anchor on the border of the map.
>>>>>>>>>> Cassie throw him back. Bb.

Muminette
01-14-2017, 08:36 AM
No whine, just a question.

Is it a bug or a feature that Makoa can instant kill players with his dredge anchor at water or abysses? He just stands with his back to them, uses his acnhor and makes a 180 degree turn.

I know you can be pushed of the map by several heroes, but that is just the result of bad positioning and rarely happens. In Fish Market a few minutes ago Makoa got like 12 or 13 kills this way.

That's a legit strategy. Good Makoas do that. Let's hate all good Makoas in the enemy team and love all good Makoas in our team!

Lorkar
01-14-2017, 08:37 AM
That's a legit strategy. Good Makoas do that. Let's hate all good Makoas in the enemy team and love all good Makoas in our team!

Thanks for the the answers. I have 100h of Playtime but never saw it before.

Muminette
01-14-2017, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the the answers. I have 100h of Playtime but never saw it before.

Evolution, mate. It is relatively new game (comparing to TF2, i.e., where veterans know all tricks in the book). People are still discovering new possibilities.

LoboSora
01-14-2017, 11:48 AM

That works better on low level games, honestly. Once you're playing with mor skilled players is too risky and dangerous to do such thing.

KicksBrickster
01-14-2017, 11:51 AM
I'm not entirely sure why or how Makoa can make a 180° turn like that, since in my experience it locks your mouse until the chain is all the way back. I see higher level Makoas doing this all the time, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it.

I believe this is unintended, as it only showed up in the last couple of patches.

EvieIV
01-14-2017, 11:57 AM
I'm not entirely sure why or how Makoa can make a 180° turn like that, since in my experience it locks your mouse until the chain is all the way back. I see higher level Makoas doing this all the time, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it.

I believe this is unintended, as it only showed up in the last couple of patches.

you press rmb then turn your mouse it shouldn't be locked

Knightenstein
01-14-2017, 11:59 AM
I think this was intended because I remember in one of the youtube videos about the lumbermill stage redesign, either Raynday or PrettyHair were laughing abouts being careful about Makoas that are near the edges of the map or bridges near the waters or something.

When a Makoa hooks you, you instinctly tend to run backwards asap instead of towards him naturally. The cannonfire afterwards does knockback too.
So... you can imagine how this will work out easily.

Muminette
01-14-2017, 12:09 PM
That works better on low level games, honestly. Once you're playing with mor skilled players is too risky and dangerous to do such thing.

It is dangerous as long as there is smart enemy with knockback in their sleeve (like Cassie, Drogoz, BK, Sha Lin, etc.). On any skill level, honestly. I've seen diamond Makoas over lvl 10 doing that in comp. Successfully, even if the enemy team was better. Beside hooking and turning around with the victim is the common strat to make escape harder and to let your team focus the sucker more easily ;)

LoboSora
01-14-2017, 12:43 PM
It is dangerous as long as there is smart enemy with knockback in their sleeve (like Cassie, Drogoz, BK, Sha Lin, etc.). On any skill level, honestly. I've seen diamond Makoas over lvl 10 doing that in comp. Successfully, even if the enemy team was better. Beside hooking and turning around with the victim is the common strat to make escape harder and to let your team focus the sucker more easily ;)

Once i tried to do the dredge anchor trick. A bomb king dropped a poppy right on my foot, while in mid air i hooked him and we both died.

It was a magical moment.

Muminette
01-14-2017, 12:49 PM
Once i tried to do the dredge anchor trick. A bomb king dropped a poppy right on my foot, while in mid air i hooked him and we both died.

It was a magical moment.

"If I'm going down, I'm taking you with meeeeeeeeee...!"

Yeah, feels good, man, feels good... :D

Knightenstein
01-14-2017, 03:50 PM

It was a magical moment.

This exact thing happened to me at Frog Isle...
I was unfortunately the Bomb King and Poppy Bomb momentum was broken at that time...
Fun part was that I got the PotG and right at the end of it this happened...
Everyone saw me Poppy the Makoa, into the ocean, get hooked from midair and be dragged down into the ocean with him...

Yeah...

Epic0Skill
01-14-2017, 05:23 PM
This exact thing happened to me at Frog Isle...
I was unfortunately the Bomb King and Poppy Bomb momentum was broken at that time...
Fun part was that I got the PotG and right at the end of it this happened...
Everyone saw me Poppy the Makoa, into the ocean, get hooked from midair and be dragged down into the ocean with him...

Yeah...

Yeah... I can relate. Happened to me twice XD