PDA

View Full Version : Ruckus too strong?

Crysx3
01-13-2017, 07:01 PM
Tbh I've never played him, but I had a lot of duels with him with Fernando/Makoa and others chars, and its literally impossible to kill him. Even in Makoa ulti he doesn't die, no, he puts his shields up and just kills me. (?) Maybe is the ability to put your shield up and heal while you can shoot like a wild rabbit a bit too much.

My thoughts, post what you think.

ThatOthell159
01-13-2017, 07:05 PM
Of course he is strong, why do you think pros picked him so often during HRX?

Ruckus is robust and have minimal counters.

You know it, I know it, we all know it.

OzzyOzzy
01-13-2017, 07:07 PM
He is the BEST MOST SINGLE FRONTLINE IN ALL OF PALADINS.

By himself.

Ruckus, like all frontliners, require a team effort to kill. He's the most damaging frontliner of the 4, but the most pathetic in shielding. He only shields himself, and his teammates, if he and them are on the objective. Going 1v1 against Ruckus is nearly everytime a guarantee loss (unless you're Androxus). HOWEVER. Get that midget a 2v1, and he dies SO FAST. He may kill one of you, but the other will guarantee to finish him off.

Fern is the worst to pit against Ruckus, since he has the lowest DPS of the fronts. Makoa would actually be the best against him, since his hook stops him from firing and I THINK makes him start his firing cycle from the start once more. Hook him once he's done shielding, and finish him off!

Knightenstein
01-13-2017, 07:27 PM
You guys eithe WAY overestimate Ruckus or only main squishies :v

Ruckus shielding used to block crowd control effects before, like Fernando or Makoa's shield still does.
Stack up on Haven mostly or Wrecker as desired.
Ruckus is actually the most immobile frontliner of them all. Explosives and Crowd Control effects can catch him off guard fast and easy.
Just use any crowd control effects like Makoa's hook, Mal'damaba's stun lock, Bomb King's Grumpy to get right through to Ruckus.
Hook Ruckus even as he is shielding so that you and you team can gang up and focus fire him.

Imo Ruckus is one of the worst frontliners defensively ever since Wrecker got buffed to increments of 75%
Ruckus usually require babysitting. A solo Ruckus is a weak Ruckus imo unless babysat by his teamamtes, especially a defensive frontliner.

ThatOthell159
01-13-2017, 07:32 PM
Solo Ruckus is a weak Ruckus, a babysitted Ruckus is overpowered.

Knightenstein
01-13-2017, 07:39 PM

Yes. Solo Ruckus is weak as hell. His minigun rate of fire has been halved by Hi-Rez as a nerf already. His shields are worthless since the Wrecker buff.
Stunlock or sheer firepower or focus-fire him to death.

As for a Ruckus that is being babysat...
Doesn't it come down teamwork to take apart whatever the hell is babysitting Ruckus or Ruckus himself at that point?
I've been personal able to break down Fernando + Ruckus compositions by coordinating with my team and stacking on Wrecker, especially as Makoa. Makoa is in a really great spot these days due to his buffed damage and his godly anchor.

Always remember that it's a team game. And that Hi-Rez is doing their best to make sure that not one single champ can carry the entire game all by themselves.

ThatOthell159
01-13-2017, 08:22 PM
Always remember that it's a team game. And that Hi-Rez is doing their best to make sure that not one single champ can carry the entire game all by themselves.

A super good Evie + a Ruckus who can land 90%+ of his shots and know how to position is enough to carry most games.

PyrealRabbit
01-13-2017, 08:27 PM

Agreed. He's quite lethal.

Ruckus, like all frontliners, require a team effort to kill. He's the most damaging frontliner of the 4, but the most pathetic in shielding.

While technically true, Emitter's CC and his DPS more than makes up for it.

Fern is the worst to pit against Ruckus, since he has the lowest DPS of the fronts. Makoa would actually be the best against him, since his hook stops him from firing and I THINK makes him start his firing cycle from the start once more. Hook him once he's done shielding, and finish him off!

I don't hold it against you that you didn't even mention Barik going against Ruckus. They nerfed him into the cemetery.

Compared to Barik:

Shield:

Barik: 4sec 5k shield
Ruck: 3.5sec 3k

Health:

Barik: 2900
Ruck: 4400

DPS:

Barik: Grandpa Fudd's Crapastic Shotgun: -52
Ruck: Machine Guns and Rocket Launchers: 9001

Ult:

Barik: 20k stationary dome shield with a personal heater inside
Ruck: MORE Machine Guns and Rocket Launchers

LoboSora
01-13-2017, 08:29 PM
This is the Buck situation all over again....

Dobby2Step
01-13-2017, 09:41 PM
This generally comes up every time a champion starts to shine, lets analyze however.

Ruckus was the worst front line until Barik got a nerf. It forced everyone to stop and think about him at that point. Like Barik, he's optimal on certain maps. He has an ability that can only be used on an objective. He is also most prominent with a 2 front-line setup.

One of the largest hit boxes in the game, mixed with one of the smallest head shot hit boxes in the game. Makes for tasty Mal'damba stuns.

He has to spin up to get to max firing speed, and with any knock back that forces him to get back in position, and restart the process.

Bottom line though, he's not that over powered given you know what his weaknesses are, have some wrecker in your life, and an optimal champion to really lay into him.

OzzyOzzy
01-14-2017, 01:58 AM
Ok, maybe my exaggerated comedic response of him being EPIC by himself was overjoked.

But i main him, and i usually win 1v1 battles as him. Sure, I end up with like 1000HP remaining, but he holds his ground. (except for makoas and androxuses. Bastards...)

Muminette
01-14-2017, 02:18 AM
You know that Ruckus hasn't been changed since start of Open Beta? And at first he was considered the worst frontline of all. Then the other fronlines' nerfs came in (Barik and Nando). After that Barik was considered the worst frontline of all.

It forced everyone to stop and think about him <Ruckus> at that point. .

Plus there is that 2 frontline meta, that is so popular these days and in that configuration Ruckus truly shines.

So, Ruckus didn't suddenly become strong. Other frontline are just weaker than they were before. That's why - in comparison to them - Ruckus is now better although not a single change has been done to him.

And no, I don't think Ruckus is OP. I think that all frontliners are on a pretty similar level now. Even Barik after recent health buff.

Like Barik, he's optimal on certain maps.

Bottom line though, he's not that over powered given you know what his weaknesses are, have some wrecker in your life, and an optimal champion to really lay into him.

ArtCrusade
01-14-2017, 02:35 AM
I find the Ruckus matchup so easy since I main champions like Kinessa and Drogoz. A good Bombking can lay waste to Ruckus gigantic healthpool in the matter of seconds since he is so immobile. Seriously, if Ruckus is not the last pick in a competitive match it is so easy to counter him.

Rhaenxys
01-14-2017, 03:52 AM
Ruckus is fine, if anything they should change repulsor field to work outside of the objetive, it would give ruckus a better time at protecting their teammates but not as good as other tanks.

He has very low mobility and is very easy to ambush, just shoot around corners and you are done, pretty much all frontlines can be "OP" with team support, thats not even a valid argument, there is also the barik hp buff in the next patch.

CaptainMikeAptn
01-14-2017, 05:32 AM
Ruckus in siege means your team will win lol.
Isn't magnificent with regards to damage which is why they've limited his shots to 1 per second but yeah. OP tank =P

Crysx3
01-14-2017, 05:51 AM
okay yeah, you guys got some points. imo with Kinessa and co (distance champs) he's not thaat hard to own, but in cqc it's pretty hard imo (even 2o1). I just don't get why Makoa can't kill him in ulti, he makes not enough damage due to shit shield lol
(and yes, I always fight against him with Haven/Wrecker)

Tharapita
01-14-2017, 06:20 AM
Ruckus in siege means your team will win lol.
Isn't magnificent with regards to damage which is why they've limited his shots to 1 per second but yeah. OP tank =P

What do you mean 1 per second? isnt it like 10 or something ?

Rhaenxys
01-14-2017, 08:31 AM
Accidental double post sorry.

Rhaenxys
01-14-2017, 08:31 AM
List of ruckus counters:

- Sha lin/cassie/kinessa long range damage.
- Mal`damba stunlock, good luck trying to spin up the miniguns or if your dash is on cooldown.
- Viktor/tyra shots around corners at medium distance.
- Drogoz/bombking`s damage bleeding into your health bar with wrecker.
- Evie with wormhole hitting you 3-4 times in the back and teleporting again.
- Makoa`s hook, even worse if he has a grumpy bomb nearby.

His damage isnt that impressive to beging with, his damage is sustained not burst so you have a lot of time to react and take cover, if anything i think ruckus is a bit on the underpower side, he should have at least 3 dash charges and the ability to use repulsor field at any given time.

Godofmen
01-15-2017, 12:33 PM
Lol ruckus is terribly weak without a good support or another frontline. As a Cassie you can litterally 1v1 him. Just dodge roll shoot roll through him forcing to him 180 his camera. Rinse and repeat. Litterally will have the ruckus running away from u every time he sees u. Also, ruckus gets completely fked if he's sitting on PT against a drogoz or BK. He has the biggest hotbox in game, very easily bullied by stuns and knockbacks.

VetVel
01-15-2017, 12:45 PM
lol, Ruckus is not OP, he needs a babysitter and with his high DPS it makes sense to pick up another tank.
Because of his slow movement speed while attacking he becomes a projectile attack magnet, he's the easiest champion to land consecutive direct LMB bombking, evie and drogoz attacks on.
So basically agree with @Rhaenxys excluding the buff part, think he'd already in a great spot as an off-tank.

Azash
01-15-2017, 03:03 PM
As I play now almost only with Ruckus, i can say there is nothing more troubling that a Skye shooting at my back, followed by Evie shots coming from somewhere... Against Makoa with ult, well, you have to use Advance to gain some space and keep firing until it wears off, it's not easy.
As other said, it's a matter of team play, with a bad team i go down in a few seconds.