PDA

View Full Version : So based on my playtime the following needs to happen.

Shadow_Xros
01-13-2017, 02:44 PM
Team balances.

As of right now I continually get grouped with kids who think the game is TDM and refuse to touch the point. Also it's like watching a bunch of kids go play a basketball game with a baseball glove.

Viktor needs removed.

Skye and Ying need nerfed.

Also two tank meta is literally cancer.

HiRezPhoenix
01-13-2017, 03:16 PM
What level are you, out of curiosity?

Shadow_Xros
01-13-2017, 03:19 PM
Level 16, which is low I know but it's hard to get the experience to level up when your team is running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off playing TDM.

HiRezPhoenix
01-13-2017, 03:29 PM
Just making sure it wasn't another case of being sub-level 5, because let's be honest, bots are bullet fodder =) Thanks

Shadow_Xros
01-13-2017, 03:30 PM
Oh trust me, my team-mates might as well be bots the way they play.

Stayhi
01-13-2017, 04:07 PM
You get some pretty bad teammates sometimes. Even when you have a really good team, there will always be that obvious weak link.

Ying will be getting nerfed somewhat. Im not sure if there are other changes, But her card Carry On is being nerfed. Her illusions wont last 12seconds longer, I believe it is only 4s? I may be wrong on that but it was changed.

Skye will get a buff and a nerf. Her HP drops to 1800 like Evie, but her accuracy is apparently better. I havent played her enough to know how much of a buff that will be. I agree though, she is a good Champion for console players right now. Problem is alot of new players dont know how to handle her properly. Also given her small figure and consoles terrible aim, shes a difficult target to hit.

Viktor is just your basic consistent DPS. His usage will fall off like Skyes with the more and better opponents you face. Once just about any champion focuses on Viktor, hes done for given a fair fight.

I dont mind the two tank Meta, its alot better than the 3 or even 4 tank meta currently in OW. Ive also heard, not seen or tried so dont take my word for it, a heavy damage/flank lineup with 0 tanks is viable. Really any comp is viable with the console so early on. But with enough damage and wrecker/cauterize evenly spread out, you can pump out more damage then they can take or heal.

Xbox is currently in patch OB38
PS4 is in patch OB37
on PC they are running OB41, so consoles have some catching up to do. You can look up OB39.40, and 41 to see what changes will be coming for sure.

Shadow_Xros
01-13-2017, 05:05 PM
You get some pretty bad teammates sometimes. Even when you have a really good team, there will always be that obvious weak link.

The problem with that is, if I played 10 games. 9 of those 10 games, I will get fools who think the game is TDM and refuse to touch the point as if it's made of acid or something. That one game where people know what they are doing is usually a streamroll for my team.

I prefer games where both teams are at least slightly equally matched, the most fun I've had in this game was when both teams had 3/4 and it was a last ditch effort to cap the point for the win.

Rygar
01-13-2017, 07:26 PM
Alright so it sounds like you are experiencing some of the frustration of casual mode. My friends and I get that too. Playing with a friend and focusing on improving your own play regardless of what your team does can help improve the experience until the competitive mode is unlocked.

I question whether you can really declare the balance of heroes accurately if all your games are unbalanced. Seems like a poor environment for gathering accurate information about hero performance since you are saying your team is failing to perform.

Kururisama
01-13-2017, 07:57 PM
I think it's best to hold off on balance concerns until we start to catch up with PC again. Also, I've run into my share of bad players on PC as well. This basically applies to any team based FPS. Sometimes you'll hit a very bad luck streak and it will make the experience far less enjoyable.

I think the real reason is that mmr is not a major factor in matchmaking right now due to the small population of the Alpha. This makes it more difficult for the system to setup fair games.

I'm not discounting your concerns at all. They are indeed valid but hold out for the next console update to see if matchmaking and the player base improve. Just like with the Smite beta on consoles, these things will eventually work themselves out as Hi-Rez improves matchmaking and the population grows. The knowledge/practice you gain from playing now will only help you have that extra edge in the future. :o

Shadow_Xros
01-13-2017, 08:49 PM
Just like with the Smite beta on consoles, these things will eventually work themselves out as Hi-Rez improves matchmaking and the population grows.

Do we play the same Smite? I'm level 30, in Gold 3 in ranked and I am still continually matched with people who very clearly have no idea what they are doing and instalock their favorite god, usually Loki.

Kururisama
01-13-2017, 10:10 PM
I can't say that I've had as bad of an experience as you, but those experiences can vary greatly between each user and their own point of view. You may want to focus on more group play if your solo experiences have been so poor. Either way, I hope the situation improves for you. ;)

The Number 7xx
01-14-2017, 02:38 PM
Am level 29 4 days play.

I think some champions are better or weaker than others to pc so i hope we don't get the same buff/nerfs as the pc version.

Skye is OP on console i have come up against a level 15 skye twice on the run that went 40-1 and 38-2 a really good player can wreck with sky and its down to the reaction when she is behind you by the time she shoots at you and you turn round you are dead. The gameplay is slower on console to pc and i think that's why she is good on console and i think she needs looking at.

Drogoz button layout needs looking at or let us change it.

Rygar
01-14-2017, 03:22 PM
Are you referring to his float? Some people are not aware that you can activate it both with jump (X on PS4) and by clicking the left analog stick.

SiderumNocte
01-17-2017, 06:54 AM
I can understand the frustration. I've had times where I've lost Six games in a row (4 - 0, sometimes 4 - 1). However, posts that flat out say to remove a character aren't helpful.

In the case of console, Hitscan characters are going to be really strong. Viktor, Androxus, Kinessa.
They need to alter Aim Assist with Viktor, because he is a tad too strong.

I Haven't played Ying yet, though on PC she needs to be buffed. I haven't really had a tough time against Ying.
Androxus can kill Ying with ease.

Skye is in a good spot. I agree with The Number 7xx about Skye. Seems really hard to respond to Skye, and usually by the time you do you're already dead. She essentially hard counters Kinessa. (I hope she doesn't get the buffs from OB40 and OB41.)

As for the Two Tank Meta, it can be annoying, but so can Bomb King.
Spam Grumpy Bomb and Poppy Bomb. You can Win Capture Points or at the very least make the other team work really hard for the Capture Point.

Lastly, if they continue to improve the Aim Sensitivity then Characters that require more precise aim will get better.
Characters like Bomb King, Cassie, Evie, Dragoz and such.

This Should go without saying but Console absolutely needs to be balanced separately from PC.

Anyway I know games can be cancer, and certain characters can be your bane of existence but give it time and certain characters won't seem as OP.

SirSwirl3
01-17-2017, 08:20 AM
Skye is only OP on consoles because people still haven't learnt her patterns yet and I literally see people walk past her. Every champion is open atmy because every is sooooo bad (you all buy aggression)

Rygar
01-17-2017, 09:15 AM
Also worth noting that disconnects/crashes are so frequent at this point that often I'll lose someone on our team right at the start of a game. This often leads to a loss because of a hapless bot. If this happens on my team periodically it must happen to the opposing team as well.
You wouldn't know if someone was replaced by a bot unless you saw them emote or send a text chat message.

sinosleep
01-17-2017, 09:39 AM
Ying already got nerfed to the point she not even the most plays healer in torueny any more, maldamba has taken over that spot.

Skye's been underpowered since ob33 and Vik isn't even best in his own class. Cassie and Shalin both destroy him.

The two tank meta is also a myth.

Team comps by class stats

at least 1 support 100%
at least 1 tank 99%
at least 1 damage 88%
at least 1 flank 82%
2 tank 48%
2 damage 38%
2 flank 14%
2 support 10%
3 tank 2%
3 flank 3%
3 damage 3%

So basically balance seems to win out here. Generally there's at least one of each class, and if you're going to go with 2 of any one class tanks and damage seem to be the way to go.

Doesn't look like the 2 tank meta is as big of a deal as claim it to be either.

For instance disctrict 69 beat team qg 4 - 0 when they had 2 tanks, and they beat team qg 4 - 0 both times they went 1 tank vs qg's 2 tank team comp.

Black dragons lost to match point 4 - 0 when both teams had 2 tanks and lost 4 - 0 when they had 2 tanks and matchpoint had 1.

Matchpoint beat tem qg 4 - 0 when they had 2 tanks, and also beat them 4 - 0 when qg had 2 tanks to their 1.

abyss beat eager 4 - 0 and 4 - 2 going 1 tank to 2 and also beat them 4 - 2 when they had 2 tanks to 1.

Only times it seemed to make a difference was matchpoint v district 69 wherein district69 won all the matches where they had 2 tanks compared to matchpoints 1 and matchpoints lone win was when they went 2 tanks. Then again, they ahd the opportunity to lock up 2 tanks via draft multiple times and didn't go that route so if they didn't buy into it why should we?

2 tank meta being stronger in casual because people are too stupid or too new to take things like wrecker and cauterize over aggression and life rip isn't a problem with the game, it's a problem with he players.