PDA

View Full Version : Barik - the most useless Champion

DkDongerino
01-13-2017, 02:38 PM
From playing Barik for over possibly 12-15 hours now, I can truly say he's the most useless, the least game-play affecting and cancerous champion ever.

For starters, the turrets are weak as f***. As soon as you position them, they get shut down within a matter of seconds, even vs a tank 1v1. Even when you actually get the turret up it does abysmal damage.

I never find myself putting up more than 2 turrets at a time because by the time I put up one, its destroyed, even by shielding. You may say "you're being too aggressive and putting them in stupid spots", and you're wrong. Even by placing them in a passive and defensive way, I've already had as little impact as any champion could have on the objective.

Don't even get me started on his pathetic dash. A little dash that gets him an extra 10 yards isn't so great, but when you add a 14 second cooldown on the only means of escape (which is already quite sh*t) it adds another reason to my list to as why anybody should play this pile of sh*t.

You are meant to play this champion in the back lines, supporting and helping your team through "damage" output whilst defending. This means your weapon is pretty much as useless as Anne Frank's drum kit . If you're meant to stay back, then why have a weapon that is meant for close range? Even when you get into a 1v1 close range situation, you can never create a higher damage output than the enemy and you'll most likely be dead considering you cant escape with that useless "rocket boots" ability. Why on earth is it even called that when he's slower than an asthmatic snail?

He's an absolute waste of space and quite frankly has no contribution to any objective based games.

Evilwerewolf
01-13-2017, 02:46 PM
you probably dont know how to play him then ive had less time playing him and do alot better than you most likely

DkDongerino
01-13-2017, 02:52 PM
Oh yeah for sure, because you know about other peoples skill level? Lmfao, from someone who's achieved master rank in Overwatch (which is a much harder game than this) and with a higher raw rating on my main than you probably do, I don't think you can talk about "not knowing how to play him". You probably play in a bronze elo my friend.

DkDongerino
01-13-2017, 02:56 PM
you probably dont know how to play him then ive had less time playing him and do alot better than you most likely

I love it how you've played 5 games with him, won 1 and lost 4. Too funny.

DaSpyChecker
01-13-2017, 02:59 PM
Barik is a weird front line, You cannot really hold the front like Fernando or Makoa. He doesnt have the health or shield like those two, but he also cannot kill quickly like ruckus.

I dont think he's useless, You need to play him a lot differently. I have played better with him by trying to hit & run around the point, but i dont really know what to do with his turrets.He has a card which can give your team mates a massive speed boast if they touch your shield, Definitely worth it for escaping or chasing players.

But is Barik really a front line ? or more of a support?

Maajora
01-13-2017, 03:09 PM
You're level 8. Stop thinking that much of yourself.
You played like 2 matches and couldn't win.

Barik was one of the most played champions during HiRez events, so they nerfed his HP. After this, Barik became less tank and works better as an off-tank. They're buffing his HP again on the next patch.
HP is the only issue with Barik.
Get good.

ArtCrusade
01-13-2017, 03:31 PM
Insulting people in an argument is so 2k16.

Aside of that, I have a win rate of around 70% and achieved diamond rank on Barik for various reasons. He has great point control once he gets a hold of that, and by utilizing cooldown reduction he can spam his shield and turrets in various places. He has really good self-sustain with the healing card for his turrets and can dish out loads of damage on enemy front liners. I have had matches where I blatantly outdamaged my entire team and shielded more than the enemy Fernando actually. It is a matter of practice and skill, not raw numbers.

That being said, the buff to his health was really necessary. Other than that, he's in a great spot right now, and in the right hands, he can absolutely wreck a match.

You're level 8. Stop thinking that much of yourself.
Get good.

Insizer
01-13-2017, 05:40 PM
I can truly say he's the most useless, the least game-play affecting and cancerous champion ever.
I never find myself putting up more than 2 turrets at a time

1) How can a champion which sucks and doesn't do much, according to you, cancerous? Isn't that designation reserved for elements of a game which do too much and ruin it, or something along those lines?

2) The last I checked he can only have 2 turrets up at one time, at most. Deploying another one destroys the earliest deployed one.

If you are going to knock a character, at least get your argument straight. Furthermore what is the purpose of this thread? You are not suggesting anything, only complaining about a character which you are not required to use. At best, this thread belongs in General Discussion, at worst it belongs in the trashcan.

Samwyse
01-13-2017, 05:48 PM
Placement of your turrets and know how to use your rocket boots and shield will get you far.
Instead of trying to controll your rocket boots, try just hoovering around in a small circle if you need a shield quickly but don't want to travel much distance, assuming you use the bowling ball card in your loadout that is.

Insizer
01-13-2017, 05:52 PM
Insulting people in an argument is so 2k16.

Aside of that, I have a win rate of around 70% and achieved diamond rank on Barik for various reasons. He has great point control once he gets a hold of that, and by utilizing cooldown reduction he can spam his shield and turrets in various places. He has really good self-sustain with the healing card for his turrets and can dish out loads of damage on enemy front liners. I have had matches where I blatantly outdamaged my entire team and shielded more than the enemy Fernando actually. It is a matter of practice and skill, not raw numbers.

That being said, the buff to his health was really necessary. Other than that, he's in a great spot right now, and in the right hands, he can absolutely wreck a match.

If I may, could you give me some pointers on his usage and a good card loadout? I started out maining Barik, but I hit something of a gamer's block and can't seem to get better. So, along for other reasons, I moved onto Ying. My main build for the most part was just buffing his Barricade's duration and health.

Ruudbwoy
01-13-2017, 05:53 PM
He is not a useless champion if you play him correctly.

Krombo
01-13-2017, 07:04 PM
his turrets aren't supposed to be strong but when they mark someone and you shoot him together you can deal shit ton of dmg.

EpplZ
01-13-2017, 07:45 PM
inb4yougetflamed! oh wait....

OzzyOzzy
01-13-2017, 08:00 PM
If I may, could you give me some pointers on his usage and a good card loadout? I started out maining Barik, but I hit something of a gamer's block and can't seem to get better. My main build for the most part was just buffing his Barricade's duration and health.

Most Bariks i've seen LOVE to go to and fro from the barrier, making it rather tough to hit them up close, since 75% of the time you hit the barrier.

Try to position yourself away from your turret once you placed it. Most would attempt to bust you and the turret at once, so make it difficult for them to attack both. Placing turrets behind the barrier or props help in their survivabilty, too. Lastly, use the rocket boots for retreating purposes, or to chase a singular enemy near death.

Best i can talk of him. He'll get some love in OB41, though. Maybe too much love...

PyrealRabbit
01-13-2017, 09:42 PM
He's in bad place.

- Last in health of all Frontliners with 3400. Next is Ruck with 4400 and LOTS more DPS
- Tied to his turrets for health and longevity of his turrets
- Poor main weapon damage that is dependent on his turrets
- turrets glow neon and throw popups at Enemies so they can die quicker
- lowest quality escape (no damage done, cannot fire during, highest CD at 15s[next is Mak at 12s])

ArtCrusade
01-14-2017, 03:18 AM
If I may, could you give me some pointers on his usage and a good card loadout? I started out maining Barik, but I hit something of a gamer's block and can't seem to get better. So, along for other reasons, I moved onto Ying. My main build for the most part was just buffing his Barricade's duration and health.

Sure thing! I run different loadouts depending on the situation, but most of the time I use a loadout buffing the turrets since they are what defines his playstyle and give him sustain.

Healing Station IV - heals Barik for 180 health per second per turret. This is what keeps you alive!
Forged Alloy II - increases turret health by 350. Greatly helps Barik's sustain and DPS.
Bowling Ball II - applies a shield worth 600 HP when using Rocket Boots. Just some extra health.
Palisade II -reduces the cooldown of Barricade by 2 seconds.

Last card is flexible and depends on the matchup. If they happen to have lots of CC, I run a copy of 'Brave and Bold' which reduces the duration of crowd controls applied to you near your deployables.

'Bunker' is a good card when you don't expect the enemy team to have shield wreckers like Bomb King, Drogoz, Tyra or Ruckus. It is kinda useless when the enemy team will simply stack up on Wrecker. Small tip on side: you can change your loadout pre-game as the countdown runs thru by pressing 'U' after you've seen what the enemies bought.

'Accelerator Field' is great when you expect to dance around the point a lot. It boosts any ally's movement speed by 50% when passing thru Barricade and helps dodge shots and chase enemies. Great to create additional distance.

-

That being said, I'd advise you to watch a couple videos of pro play on Barik since it will show you what routes you take to the point, what cards to buy and where to place your turrets. Barik needs some setup to work right, but when he does he really shines! :)

GL HF!

Muminette
01-14-2017, 03:38 AM
From playing Barik for over possibly 12-15 hours now, I can truly say he's the most useless, the least game-play affecting and cancerous champion ever.

For starters, the turrets are weak as f***. As soon as you position them, they get shut down within a matter of seconds, even vs a tank 1v1. Even when you actually get the turret up it does abysmal damage.

I never find myself putting up more than 2 turrets at a time because by the time I put up one, its destroyed, even by shielding. You may say "you're being too aggressive and putting them in stupid spots", and you're wrong. Even by placing them in a passive and defensive way, I've already had as little impact as any champion could have on the objective.

Don't even get me started on his pathetic dash. A little dash that gets him an extra 10 yards isn't so great, but when you add a 14 second cooldown on the only means of escape (which is already quite sh*t) it adds another reason to my list to as why anybody should play this pile of sh*t.

You are meant to play this champion in the back lines, supporting and helping your team through "damage" output whilst defending. This means your weapon is pretty much as useless as Anne Frank's drum kit . If you're meant to stay back, then why have a weapon that is meant for close range? Even when you get into a 1v1 close range situation, you can never create a higher damage output than the enemy and you'll most likely be dead considering you cant escape with that useless "rocket boots" ability. Why on earth is it even called that when he's slower than an asthmatic snail?

He's an absolute waste of space and quite frankly has no contribution to any objective based games.

I think that you don't realize HOW his turrets work. It's not mini sentry from TF2. They deal damage, but most importantly they MARK the enemy so you, as Barik, can shoot enemy in da face and deal BONUS DAMAGE. There is more synergy between Barik and his turrets than just healing.

Plus if you put them wisely, you can:
- heal yourself
- deal more damage
- attack enemy from 3 different directions - 2 turrets and one dwarf (screw Fernando and his one direction shield)
- dismount the enemy prematurely

Rocket Boots also require thinking, you know. You can escape with them, but sometimes it's better to circle around your enemy to get personal shield and more heals from turrets.

And important thing to remember: Barik is not a tank. He never was. He is a frontline, but frontline DOESN'T MEAN tank. So you can't play him as a tank, because you will fail miserably.

Overall, after OB 41 Patch, I think Barik will be in a good spot.

Fun fact: do you know that Grover can heal Barik's turrets? Well, he can. Idk if it's a bug or intended feature, but he can.

ArtCrusade
01-14-2017, 03:45 AM
Grover heals all deployables actually. This also counts for Ying's clones, BK's sticky bombs and Kinessa's oppressor mines. :P

Also some gameplay I wanted to point you towards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY6RQMwp8Mk

pixelspower
01-14-2017, 03:55 AM
nope, i main him ,even in competitve i can put down 2 turrets without shielding or gettng one destroyed,he can win 1v1 aganist other tanks you just dont know how to play him normally and you say he is usless,if you dont believe me ask worlds best barik players

rixinthemix
01-14-2017, 04:05 AM
As a Makoa or Fernando "main", I can safely say that he's a terrible champion compared to Spanish Knight and Ninja Turtle... or even compared to "vulnerable to every single CC imaginable" Ruckus.

if you dont believe me ask worlds best barik players

Which were not present during Hi-rez Expo 2017. Just a reminder.

Muminette
01-14-2017, 04:24 AM
Also some gameplay I wanted to point you towards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY6RQMwp8Mk

Me? I know this video :P

Grover heals all deployables actually. This also counts for Ying's clones, BK's sticky bombs and Kinessa's oppressor mines. :P

Oh, really? I didn't know that... Lol, that seems so broken. What about Grohk's totems?

PedraAzul
01-14-2017, 03:10 PM
I have 24 matches and 1 defeat, not so useless. Lear how to play helps a bit.

DDosX
01-15-2017, 05:05 PM

Sorry but U are n00b with him, im playing every day with him and he rock b o i.
i'm diamond with Barik, and he's solid tank/frontline .
Maybe u r useless ;)

see
https://s30.postimg.org/8e43e9vkh/barik.png

D

Cronichos
01-16-2017, 04:21 AM
ive see alot of very good Bariks in Ranking. As Solo-Tank barik have no Chance on Point unless his Team secured him from too mutch Damage and Wrecker-Player

In my Opinion Barik and Ruckus needs an Fulltank on his side for full Potential and thats okey for me

Harambedin
01-16-2017, 05:02 AM
It seems you feel salty that Barik's turrets don't match those in TF2 and OW.

He's not as strong but he's pretty strong in Paladins' context, you just need to learn how to play him.

You need to be very mobile, more so than it would require you in OW/TF2.

Atlecx
01-16-2017, 10:56 AM
Obviously you don't know how to play barik. You got to position his turrets right and know how to shield dance or you will suck

Wallachia
01-16-2017, 10:57 AM
Plays with Barik for like 15 hours and still don't know how to play with him, huehuehuehue.

TheSeppl
01-16-2017, 12:56 PM
Played him with max towers and i liked him so far. Damage Output can be awesome with that build.
Thats my build:
Field Deploy I
Forge Alloy IV
Healing Station III
Combat Repair III
One man's scrap I

ArtCrusade
01-16-2017, 01:30 PM
Can we all agree that OP is a noob and / or troll? Vote for lock. :)

DDosX
01-19-2017, 08:36 PM

check this

https://s28.postimg.org/ef6zdmpcb/barik_wins.jpg

xRevy
01-20-2017, 11:43 AM
Barik is actually in a great place right now. He was nice before but with an extra 500 he is even better. However, he is not as intuitive as the other three Front Liners and people claim that he sucks, but if you play him correctly and have a good healer he can actually be the best solo front liner.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/90470591107564524/53E8DCAA334E5B940DD77EABFC2A84D6CE4699BE/

Offtopia
02-03-2017, 01:33 PM
I am not really in favour of Barik, but as I see it it is too harsh to call him "the worst champion in game" if he just doesn't fit your play style.Find a tank or front liner that fits your fancy,like I did with Makoa.
Hope this helped.

Sybato
02-03-2017, 03:36 PM

Whenever I have a good game with Barik I usually end up with about 40 eliminations. He's really good if you use your barricade creatively, and paint targets with cauterize for your team to kill. His rocket boots are great for escaping or chasing down targets, and his turrets are useful at keeping people from focusing you down.

Scarbeus
02-03-2017, 06:38 PM
I'm not fond of Barik but I don't think he's as bad as you say. His Rocket Boots are really good as an escape and his shields are amazing (that's what I focus my build around). His damage output isn't great, I do think his damage needs to be compared to other tanks before you consider a buff or nerf. If you get your turrets to help you he can match up.

However there is one thing that I do think needs to be changed: his turrets need to last through death

CandySuxxx
02-03-2017, 07:33 PM
The only reason you get these 100k+ games with barik because people often just ignore your turrets. He cant kill for shit.

adamcjd
02-04-2017, 01:46 AM
Barik's is balanced, simply overshadowed by makoa IMO.
The trick is to run healing station+forged allow+master riding, place a turret off point behind you and around a corner. Move forward into the point and place next turret close enough to you to get healing station proc. When that turret dies replace it. If you get to about half life fall back to your first turret, it acts as a home away from home allowing you to heal and wait for help and cooldowns. Also theres something called the shield dance, if you master it your effective life skyrockets.

Atlecx
02-04-2017, 10:00 AM

LMAO

I looked up your profile and you've played a grand total of 2 hours. Stop lying and get good. No one likes liars.

Dismissed.

Shenanigans71
02-06-2017, 10:37 AM
Barrik is a great pick in support of a strong front line. I may have only played him to level 4, but when I had tanks drawing fire my turrets were able to go almost unnoticed. I also use Barriks shield as a way to reinforce players who are retreating or dying. Simply watch their health, when they get to low run in front of them and drop your shield.

Oh and Get Gud Noob

Shadowpuppy
02-06-2017, 04:14 PM
I am sorry but Barik is not good at what he is classified as. TANK... The major problem with him is that if you die your turrets die so if you take the time to run over to a good spot to place them you have to play to stay alive. You cannot stand in the center unless your team is strong ability wise. The turrets should stay after death or they should buff his movement speed and change rocket boots to a jump so you can quickly jump up to ledges drop a turret and move on.

harison86
02-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Barik is my go to front liner and I am so triggered right now at everyone doubting him.

Between Healing Station, Bowling Ball, the least predictable dash, and the only static shield in the game, Barik has the best self-sustain of all the front liners. Just moving back and forth through your shield, regenerating health the entire time, lets you endure onslaughts other front liners would either face tank or run away from. I once fought a Fernando and Pip combo to a stand still by doing this until the Pip ran away. Since he relies more on regen than shields for front lining he's the best front liner counter to Torvald. He also has the 2nd best DPS of the front liners if you consistently hit turret-marked targets (which you should if you're not trash). The turrets also have a bit of utility in that they immediately point out cheeky flankers, and most of them are so frail they'll immediately flee despite the turrets' low damage, making him into a sort of soft-counter to them. After the health buff he can stand up to any of the other front liners and then some.

Long story short Barik's great, you just need to git gud.

Wallachia
02-06-2017, 05:35 PM
I am sorry but Barik is not good at what he is classified as. TANK... The major problem with him is that if you die your turrets die so if you take the time to run over to a good spot to place them you have to play to stay alive. You cannot stand in the center unless your team is strong ability wise. The turrets should stay after death or they should buff his movement speed and change rocket boots to a jump so you can quickly jump up to ledges drop a turret and move on.

Barik is not a tank, he's a frontliner.

ITrySUPERHard
02-06-2017, 09:18 PM
I have chosen NOT to play Barik because he IS so damn good. YOu are not using his kit/cards properly or you are buying wrong. Either way I have a VERY hard time against even a DECENT Barrik. I would suggest watching gameplay or looking up indepth guides.