PDA

View Full Version : Evie needds nerf

rafa
01-10-2017, 04:03 PM
Evie damage needs to be nerfed and her cooldowns need to be higher. She must be one of the champions most picked in the game. She needs to be nerfed.

Izekio
01-10-2017, 04:13 PM
As someone who hates Evie. I don't think she needs a nerf.

Honestly all you need is a flank to anti flank to mess her up, even Skye can do that job now.

Rhaenxys
01-10-2017, 04:29 PM
As someone who hates Evie. I don't think she needs a nerf.

Honestly all you need is a flank to anti flank to mess her up, even Skye can do that job now.

I really enjoy playing evie and i like her but her wormhole card needs tweaking, the ability to teleport and retreat if losing while ALSO healing you twice every 4 seconds is a tremendous advantage.

XiaoJyunSLO
01-10-2017, 04:36 PM
I really enjoy playing evie and i like her but her wormhole card needs tweaking, the ability to teleport and retreat if losing while ALSO healing you twice every 4 seconds is a tremendous advantage.

^^ this

when evei was supposedly overpowered with her better soar CD cards and being able to blink while in ice block...she still wasnt as much of a nuisance as now, honestly IMO worhole should jsut be removed and buff soar to compensate....there is 0 counterplay if evie blinks into you from a safe position...at least soar has some counterplay to it...

honestly i dont see whyoar CD card got butchered so hard, its not like soar makes evie OP

EvieIV
01-10-2017, 04:39 PM
hi no i don't need the nerf sry

Zeraphine
01-10-2017, 04:52 PM
Evie definitely needs a nerf because blinking in, doing massive close range damage (while no self-harm due to card!) and blinking out again (plus healing!) is just unfair and overpowered as hell. Either nerf her damage, her cooldowns or any of those cards that make her too strong in combination.

SnowTamer
01-11-2017, 03:41 AM
Evie definitely needs a nerf because blinking in, doing massive close range damage (while no self-harm due to card!) and blinking out again (plus healing!) is just unfair and overpowered as hell. Either nerf her damage, her cooldowns or any of those cards that make her too strong in combination.

I think just the wormhole card needs to be nerfed, or maybe make it such that she can only tp back after a certian amount of time?

KatangExKanari
01-11-2017, 04:07 AM
evie already nerf a lot, nowday every damage can win 1 v1 agains evie

Knightenstein
01-11-2017, 06:20 AM
What they need to do instead, is fix EV's Blink.
Yknow how we all can shoot/cripple/stun/hook the previous position of EV when she Blinks due to server lag or something usually. Sometimes tis ridiculous to hook enemy EV's the instant they Blink.

Huttmunkkeeeys
01-11-2017, 06:48 AM
Evie is one of the more balanced characters at the moment. Only tweak I can see is lowing damage and increasing projectile speed. Other then that she's fine.

Zeraphine
01-11-2017, 01:17 PM
If they don't nerf Evies blink ability, i really quit this game forever.
It is just game breaking combined with her huge singleshot damage.

tuckingwhatm8
01-11-2017, 01:32 PM
well thats very mature

Zeraphine
01-11-2017, 03:30 PM
i am really done with this unbalanced shit. if they dont nerf evie, i uninstall this. every match an evie decides the outcome, just like skye in the past with the massive bombradius. now its evie, blinking in, doing massive damage, blinking out.

besides, the matchmaking is TERRIBLE. always 2-3 high ELO-players against a much lower team.

Izekio
01-11-2017, 03:36 PM
Instead of saying lets nerf this champ or I uninstall, how about we use the champion and figure out their weakness by playing said champion.

Hell a lot of players said to nerf Skye because she is a hard counter to Kinessa, however I myself can kill Skye quite easily with Kinessa since I know how Skye works from playing her so much.

CandySuxxx
01-11-2017, 06:27 PM
What are evie's counters srsly? Anyways, i would not like if they nerfed her mobility and made her less fun but they probably will. Maybe they should nerf the aoe damage and reduce its radius?

Wallachia
01-11-2017, 06:36 PM
If they don't nerf Evies blink ability, i really quit this game forever.

Well, we have been persuaded. OB42 will have Evie with 10 HP and dealing 1 damage per shot. Her skills will be usable only once per lifetime irl.

Please don't go, you are very important tô the entirety of this place.

Thundarkhat
01-11-2017, 09:07 PM
Wormhole needs adjustment. Her whole kit allows for sloppy play and high reward.

ProGravity
01-12-2017, 03:29 AM
"learn her counters"

yes, how exactly do you counter someone teleporting to a location in the air you can't predict who can teleport right back after the damage is done

Muminette
01-12-2017, 03:54 AM
The thing with Evie is that she can be a beast, but only when the player is good with her. And she has a pretty high skill ceiling. I don't think any kind of nerf would fix that just because of her entire kit. If you know how to use it and can perform well with that, you can be unkillable killing machine. If you can't use her kit correctly (not speaking about the pure knowledge, but the performance) then you will suck. It's very similar with every champion, but in case of Evie it is way more visible, just because of her skill ceiling and the way her kit works. She is one of those champions that can keep being nerfed and skilled players will still make her a beast. And at some point she will become unplayable because of to many nerfs.

So I can see two options: delete Evie entirely from the game (not to mistake with EvieIV, he's from totally different fairy tale) or leave her as she is and accept her existence.

NekonataM
01-12-2017, 04:06 AM
Zeraphine you should record yourself playing Evie, and if you can show us she's really that op, I will accept the nerf.
You don't even play her and you think she should be nerfed. An OP champion should be one that everyone can stand out playing them.

CandySuxxx
01-12-2017, 05:40 AM
Overpowered isnt the same as easy to use, also having a 'high skill ceiling' doesnt excuse being too powerful. You always have to look at her full potential whether its hard to achieve or not.

EvieIV
01-12-2017, 07:58 AM
when people ask for evie nerf saying "she can blink too far and come back"

that's not evie that's the cards smh

Swifties
01-12-2017, 09:22 AM
Nerf Evie? hell no. i was played evie since beta and she nerfed already and i think its enough and balanced.
Evie is flank good mobility

Muminette
01-12-2017, 09:59 AM
Overpowered isnt the same as easy to use, also having a 'high skill ceiling' doesnt excuse being too powerful. You always have to look at her full potential whether its hard to achieve or not.

Small nerfs won't do anything, because skilled players will still be stomping the enemy. Big nerfs will make her unplayable. And this is because of how her kit works. Only big rework of her whole kit might (MIGHT!) make her more consistent in performance on different skill levels, but nothing else IMO. And changing her kit is almost equal to deleting her form the game, because she would never be again that Evie. So delete her or leave as she is now.

Aclonolgi
01-12-2017, 10:46 AM
How to counter evie?
apply Cripple to her! (grover)
Stun her! (stun damba, sha-lin and bomb king can do the job)
Hook her! (makoa)
Snipe her while she's soaring! (every direct damage champion)

CADETROBO
01-12-2017, 11:09 AM
Evie's health is already low so that's why her mobility is increased along with damage because she can be killed very easily if came to a face to face fight, so I think all good with Evie! :)

Sprezzo
01-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Buff her projectile speed, reduce the CD on soar and remove entirety wormhole. That card isn't fair as it doesn't have counterplays and it allows Evie player to survive even if they made a really bad play. She's supposed to be a glass cannon but she's to safe to play and her play style with wormhole doesn't punish bad decisions at all.

Knightenstein
01-12-2017, 01:05 PM
when people ask for evie nerf saying "she can blink too far and come back"

that's not evie that's the cards smh

""When a woman needs to be comforted, she says its time to buy more shoes. But she HAS all the shoes, so we really know that she just needs BOOTS! Now everything makes sense... Forever."
randomass quote from a Code Geass parody vidya that instantly came to my mind from reading this.

As such,
What you're basically saying is, what people actually are requesting (just like for nerfing Flanknando once upon a time) are to hit the cards that make the certain playstyle of EV that's broke as hell viable, eh?
Sounds like a good suggestion and everyone will be happy.
#BanWormhole ?

FromWitchSide
01-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Removing Wormhole or Evie as a whole, will take a lot out of the game for a player who is used to more advanced fpp shooters. You can shorten Wormhole to 0.5 per level so it will be even harder for new players to use, you can remove healing from Blink which is insignificant anyway, maybe even lower damage by 50, but thats it and it wont change how good top players are. And dont forget that Wormhole adds to cooldown.

It seems like a lot of people get confused by it, but Wormhole is predictable. Blink works in a straight line, Wormhole has a time limit and moves you back to a fixed position. If you play as Evie a bit, you will see at what time and place you use her movement skills more often, what is the best way to attack, and hence you will know what to expect when playing against her.

Not to mention that Evie falling down from the sky after a Blink is just as easy target for majority of Damage as they are to her. As with all Flanks, you need awareness to counter them.

CandySuxxx
01-12-2017, 03:23 PM
How to counter evie?
apply Cripple to her! (grover)
Stun her! (stun damba, sha-lin and bomb king can do the job)
Hook her! (makoa)
Snipe her while she's soaring! (every direct damage champion)

Ofc, stun her and shoot her in the face! Works against everything.

Zeraphine
01-12-2017, 05:15 PM
Evie stops and ends Drogoz ult with her iceblock. Ain't that kinda broken too because iceblock is an ordinary ability and an ultimate should be stronger than a normal ability.
But well that's Evie...either she flies away, teleports while killing you or flees into an iceblock and even heals while at it.
And still people say: Evie is so weak, don't nerf her...
Fucking fanboys.

EvieIV
01-12-2017, 05:26 PM
Evie stops and ends Drogoz ult with her iceblock. Ain't that kinda broken too because iceblock is an ordinary ability and an ultimate should be stronger than a normal ability.
But well that's Evie...either she flies away, teleports while killing you or flees into an iceblock and even heals while at it.
Fucking fanboys.

she doesn't stop drogoz ult so that whole point of yours invalidates all the other posts you have made for you have never played the same game that's being discussed

tuckingwhatm8
01-12-2017, 05:41 PM
lol self rekt

ThatOthell159
01-12-2017, 05:52 PM
Fucking fanboys.

Please stop complaining, the time that you use to complain could be used to learn Evie.

I doubt HiRez will nerf her any further, she is such a popular champion in the EU meta.

Zeraphine
01-12-2017, 07:06 PM
she doesn't stop drogoz ult so that whole point of yours invalidates all the other posts you have made for you have never played the same game that's being discussed

You Sir, are wrong. I just played as Drogoz and i flew with my activated ultimate into her and her iceblock popped up and ended my ult although it was not over yet.

Keep denying and defending your precious, broken Evie main if YOU can't play something else.

Wallachia
01-12-2017, 07:20 PM
You Sir, are wrong. I just played as Drogoz and i flew with my activated ultimate into her and her iceblock popped up and ended my ult although it was not over yet.

Keep denying and defending your precious, broken Evie main if YOU can't play something else.

EvieIV posted a screenshot of their champions. They have Master in more than 3 champions.

You really should stop saying things you don't know about.

Insizer
01-12-2017, 09:03 PM
The biggest change I'd like to see to Evie is just swap the key bindings to her Ice Block and Blink.

I don't play competitive (so take what I'm saying with a pound of salt), but I've rarely ran into an Evie that was competent, much less leagues above the everyone else. Furthermore, I have a hell of a time using her to begin with. I can't really complain about her.

People keep bringing up Wormhole. But doesn't that add to Blink's cooldown? I could see an argument to make it so that a Wormhole Blink only heals once rather than twice, but that's about it. But even then that doesn't address much imo as her Ice Block can heal her up well and she can come out of it early and either Blink out of there or Blink behind the person she may be 1v1ing. If we are talking about the capabilities of Evie and her users, then surely this is possible.

Furthermore, one of the points brought up earlier was that Wormhole allows Evie to Blink in (with a heal), blast the enemy to bits, then Blink out (with a heal), assuming this were an assassination of sorts (Evie killing a lone target) then would it really matter if she healed up a second time? If anything it would be like a reward of sorts, and could be duplicated by Evie just waiting a bit longer between engagements to blink again for a heal, use the ice block heal, or just waiting till auto-heal kicks in. This makes the only situations where Wormhole's double heal comes in handy is either 1v1 fights that last longer than a sneeze and during team fights. In "longer" 1v1 fights Evie should be somewhat weak as she has a low health pool and only has her basic attack and ult to do damage and her only non-ult related CC effect prevents her from attacking. In team fights her attacks are very noticeable (slow, loud, strong, and AOE), making her a priority target for a couple of Damage classes and make her food if they focus her due to her low health. Of course, this is all dependent upon the skills and awareness of the Evie user, as are most things in this game.

So what is the issue? Is it her damage, her mobility, or her survivability (which in part comes from her mobility)? OP started this about her damage and cooldowns and it looks like people just started pulling out their canned arguments on Blink and Wormhole. I don't like competitions between canned arguments because they go nowhere. Everyone is so investing their arguments that they won't change their minds even if they were possibly proven wrong. This whole thread is pointless now.

To me Evie is a character of extremes. She is extremely mobile, and extremely strong, but is extremely squishy which makes her gameplay more risky than say Skye. A properly organized team (which I haven't seen much of because I can't play competitive yet) should be able to swat her off of her broomstick.

Please note again, I'm fairly new to Paladins. And I'm unable to play competitive so my analysis could be way off, and I acknowledge this possibility.

Egzodius
01-12-2017, 09:07 PM
nooo evie needs buff 3000 hp and damage 20k coz to ez to kill

KatangExKanari
01-13-2017, 12:23 AM
i have many encounter with good evie, and from my experience i can kill evie as much as she can kill me, even when im using viktor or kinessa.. the only champ i got trouble to fight good evie only when im using ruckus and skye

EvieIV
01-13-2017, 07:29 AM

don't ya make me go in game for playtesting that!! it's a warning!!

CornDesuu
01-13-2017, 08:00 AM
whats up with people trying to break evie omg

ive gone against her so many times and successfully kill her. just focus on where she originally blink from, once she blinks back she wont blink again.

ive even shot her on her soar numerous times. :/

yall just calm down.

CandySuxxx
01-13-2017, 09:28 AM
I still keep up that her blast radius should be nerfed, and the falloff adjusted. That way you dont make her less fun to play, but she wont be as broken. Right now, -especially with the special paladins hitboxes- the attack impossible to dodge sometimes.

Krombo
01-13-2017, 10:07 AM
The problem is they give too many bonuses to her most useful skill (just like cassie)
1-very low base CD
2-20% dmg
3-wormhole card
4-600 heal card
5-200% distance covered card
and unlike other flanks you can almost never predict an Evie blinking behind/above you to kill you in melee range with all those bonuses and zero risks, and if you manage to survive her first wormhole you don't have time to heal up before her second murder attempt (wormhole).
blink CD should be doubled when wormhole is used or move the healing card to her soar skill.

t. a very upset Viktor.

Lorkar
01-13-2017, 12:01 PM
The problem is they give too many bonuses to her most useful skill (just like cassie)
1-very low base CD
2-20% dmg
3-wormhole card
4-600 heal card
and unlike other flanks you can almost never predict an Evie blinking behind/above you to kill you in melee range with all those bonuses and zero risks, and if you manage to survive her first wormhole you don't have time to heal up before her second murder attempt (wormhole).
blink CD should be doubled when wormhole is used or move the healing card to her soar skill.

t. a very upset Viktor.

I totally agree. The cooldown on blink is just ridiculous, at least the use of the wormhole should double it.

Zeraphine
01-13-2017, 12:17 PM
1-very low base CD
2-20% dmg
3-wormhole card
4-600 heal card

I totally agree. The cooldown on blink is just ridiculous, at least the use of the wormhole should double it.

Finally people who understand the problem with Evie (instead of all the Evie fanboys who are afraid of a nerf).

Gordre
01-13-2017, 07:00 PM
Finally people who understand the problem with Evie (instead of all the Evie fanboys who are afraid of a nerf).

What Krombo proposes seems more rational than doing crazy things to Evie just so people don't uninstall the game. I play mainly with Evie, I think she's very balanced, which doesn't mean we don't need to think some details to make her better. The problem is that there's a lot of players asking for nerfs like they should be strong nerfs. There's not much to do with her right now, except some details, like the cards decks (which is a problem for lots of characters as some card combos repeat too much, but there should be more variety). At the state Evie is now, they could make to her what they've done with Barik some Patches ago: not only nerfing cards, but actually nerfing lots of other things at the same time (HP, CD of his rocket boots...). Barik went from one of the most picked to one of the less picked at the more competitive scenarios. Now they are trying to fix it. We need to be careful in that discussion of being too OP or too UP, or the modifications people ask will make just a rotation of what characters are the best and what are the worst instead of actually balance the game.

KatangExKanari
01-13-2017, 11:12 PM

and evie hater who are got stomping by good evie, and dont want to learn how tho counter her, instead want to nerf her

rixinthemix
01-14-2017, 04:32 AM
Decrease the maximum angle of travel for Blink and double the spread radius of her LMB while airborne. Limit it to a maximum incline of 70 degrees. This forces Evies to just use Soar for higher-angle mobility.

Another thing is change Ice Block so that it is instead a "shield" with 6k HP (it cannot be siphoned by Torvald). It doesn't change much with regards to interaction with Drogoz's ult, but will incentivize targeting her.

Sijanomancer
01-14-2017, 09:15 AM
Evie cant fight in a ranged fight she rly needs to blink to an enemy to do something. If you increase the cd of her blink to maybe 8 sec she will not longer be good or even fun to play. She has only 1,8k hp and needs to disapear fast.
Look, if she blinks to a position and attacks Soar is the only skill left to escape. If a Cassie appears you are just dead every good player has the aim to shot a Evie in the sky. Without it Evie would be the new Skye.

Kodykintae
01-14-2017, 03:40 PM
yes please nerf her holy buck she is sooooo unbalanced right now its painful

CaoCao777
01-15-2017, 12:09 AM
Evie's skills are broken crap though

ice block is trash, its a suicide skill, and the enemy can attack you for like a second before it starts and a second before you can move at the end of it

and blink's delay is SOO crappy its ANNOYING AS HELL!!!
seriously makes me almost hate this game, the stupid crap.. you blink and they shoot where you used to be and you die.. they can do that for like waaay too long after youve already moved a little after blinking

she needs those things fixed... THEN she might deserve a nerf...
otherwise, yeah.. those problems with her skills make her SUCK HARD!!

Mundal
01-15-2017, 01:57 AM
Ofc, stun her and shoot her in the face! Works against everything.

ah ha ha general rule of thumb.