PDA

View Full Version : Skye`s cooldowns.

Rhaenxys
01-03-2017, 10:02 AM
This was an issue before and is more noticeable now with the HP nerf, for a champion with the same health as evie but without her mobility and low cooldowns, skye`s cooldowns doesnt match her hp and ability kit.

This only makes preparation a must in most situations, also considering her ability to escape from the enemy isnt the best because unlike other flankers it can be pretty much nullified by using illuminate.

As i see this problem, there is two solutions:

Option 1: the smoke bomb and hidden both with 10 second cooldown.

Option 2: hidden cooldown reduced to 12 seconds, add a small stun to smoke bomb upong casting.

feralknights
01-03-2017, 11:08 AM
This was an issue before and is more noticeable now with the HP nerf, for a champion with the same health as evie but without her mobility and low cooldowns, skye`s cooldowns doesnt match her hp and ability kit.

This only makes preparation a must in most situations, also considering her ability to escape from the enemy isnt the best because unlike other flankers it can be pretty much nullified by using illuminate.

As i see this problem, there is two solutions:

Option 1: the smoke bomb and hidden both with 10 second cooldown.

Option 2: hidden cooldown reduced to 12 seconds, add a small stun to smoke bomb upong casting.

I've written about that too (http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?24621-OB40-Feral-s-Big-Feedback-Essay)-- there are more options, though, i.e., make the Smoke Screen/Hidden CDs start on activation of the ability rather than when it expires, similar to Sha Lin's mobility active.

EvieIV
01-03-2017, 11:16 AM
thing is her preparation
only takes an elimination
for a round of frustration
caused by skill activation

there you go, your today's poem

feralknights
01-03-2017, 11:39 AM
thing is her preparation
only takes an elimination
for a round of frustration
caused by skill activation

there you go, your today's poem

http://i.imgur.com/Xb90h8l.jpg

I -- yes, very well played.

However, Sha Lin does also have one of those cards, though his runs 10/20/30/40 CD reduction, and IMO his cards in general grant a lot more versatility to Withdraw.

Izekio
01-03-2017, 12:25 PM
I have to agree with Evie, if you are not doing your job anyways you shouldnt be rewarded with low cooldowns. However I feel like it is kind of bad to force this card on to players. Not saying Skye really have that many good cards.

Back when this card first came out, I never used it. Why? I found it too strong and thought that they where going to get rid of it. Instead they just readjusted to still be a must have card in the game.

EvieIV
01-03-2017, 01:07 PM
I have to agree with Evie, if you are not doing your job anyways you shouldnt be rewarded with low cooldowns. However I feel like it is kind of bad to force this card on to players. Not saying Skye really have that many good cards.

Back when this card first came out, I never used it. Why? I found it too strong and thought that they where going to get rid of it. Instead they just readjusted to still be a must have card in the game.

thing is i'm not too fond of these kind of cards because of how very VERY situational they are, and because it is current cooldown rather than base cooldown. i just play skye as a damage char that can help on the point and flee with stealth or finish someone off if needed and even tho her cooldowns are indeed long it's no big deal for having a decent performance at high grounds

SubjectToChangePLDNS
01-03-2017, 04:37 PM
Has no one tried to circumvent hidden having a too long CD by coing Confound IV for Smokescreen? (ideally paired with Pollute IV then)
Of the few Skye videos of higher Elo players on YT I´ve never seen anyone that card and it makes me wonder, cause it´s my personal favourite loadout BECAUSE she needs more stealth but Preparation is cheesy

ThatOthell159
01-03-2017, 04:40 PM
Why would anyone play Skye to begin with the existence of Androxus or Evie.

They are infinitely times better than her.

LinkAkward
01-03-2017, 04:44 PM

Skye imo. is far better then any other flank. then evie
can be cuz i suck at andro.

HATTRlCK
01-03-2017, 09:49 PM

I like her more thanboth of them :c

SubjectToChangePLDNS
01-04-2017, 03:58 AM

One reason could be to counter tanks with her RMB, or when the enemy has a Buck and you know he'll jump your sniper so you wait in stealth and fk him up, then proceed to do some standard flanker stuff and get back into position when he's respawned. (Presuming it's ranked mode where you see the picks and not casual where personal preference plays a bigger part when picking)

EvieIV
01-04-2017, 04:04 AM
imo i like skye and have her as b+ tier, she's rather underrated and a bit shadowed by androxus s- and evie a+/a tier but she's a solid pick against overly supportive/tanky comps

Rhaenxys
01-07-2017, 04:04 PM

The thing is, preparation is pretty much a forced solution for skye`s cooldowns, the other flankers arent punished that hard (in terms of cooldowns) if they fail to kill their target.

And it isnt only a problem with the cooldowns, skye`s ability to "hit and run" is nearly the worst of all flankers (only buck`s jump in close areas is worse) smoke bomb should have either a stun or a short blind/black screen effect upon casting.

Azurion
01-08-2017, 12:58 PM
Skye is fine now,yea she do have a lack of escape but ill be honest, if i could escape with skye like an evie can do it would be very to OP with her damage/sec.You have to accept a fact when you play skye, kill get killed this is the way she is atm.Oh sure you can snowball at low elo still but at high elo now you can at least kill someone before dying xD

Rhaenxys
01-08-2017, 01:36 PM
Skye is fine now,yea she do have a lack of escape but ill be honest, if i could escape with skye like an evie can do it would be very to OP with her damage/sec.You have to accept a fact when you play skye, kill get killed this is the way she is atm.Oh sure you can snowball at low elo still but at high elo now you can at least kill someone before dying xD
She isnt fine if a flanker lacks escaping tools, a 1800 flanker who can be countered by iluminate or just by standing near her is just bad an awful thing.

I understand skye rewards good aiming but i dont see any particular reason to have a 15 second ability and smoke bomb lacking a proper blind/black screen effect.

Evie is just an exceptional case with wormhole but after that, pretty much androxus is a better pick than skye, not to mention skye is the only flanker who doesnt have heals except for being out of combat but crossfire/AoE damage happens.

As it is right now skye is a frustrating experience, skill isnt a fact to take in consideration here, she need few changes.

Azurion
01-08-2017, 09:49 PM
She isnt fine if a flanker lacks escaping tools, a 1800 flanker who can be countered by iluminate or just by standing near her is just bad an awful thing.

I understand skye rewards good aiming but i dont see any particular reason to have a 15 second ability and smoke bomb lacking a proper blind/black screen effect.

Evie is just an exceptional case with wormhole but after that, pretty much androxus is a better pick than skye, not to mention skye is the only flanker who doesnt have heals except for being out of combat but crossfire/AoE damage happens.

As it is right now skye is a frustrating experience, skill isnt a fact to take in consideration here, she need few changes.

i was fighting for skye for 3 months in a row, and even more , i was playing skye way before the steam lunch like 1 years ago, and she allways been weak tbh.Now they gived her a nice kit in OB40.The heal nerf to 1800 was maybe a ''hiii-boy'' but after several match, i realise that im kicking alot of asses at 4800 rating and im match up against 5000+ sometimes so im happy to be able to play her propely at high elo now, i can proper shot without saying that fking accuracy bloom.If i lose a trade i know its my fault and i cant say its because of skye kit anymore.They need to nerf drogoz and stuff like this maybe the range of illuminati but if they buff skye again its going to be a Rank D to B(now) to s+ in a sec.Skye is hard, Skye is not easy has androxus or Buck to play.She required preparation,technics,aim tracking and alot more to be played very well.Im done with fighting for skye ive done alot already im just gonna say that atm i love the way she is.I wont say no for a little buff.But if they nerf her 5 time in a row again im gonna be back on the forums lol