PDA

View Full Version : A flanker with 3000 hp?

SlenderLegs
01-01-2017, 02:39 PM
If you watched the class tutorial for flanks, then hi-rez drybear will say: Flanks have that "high risk, high reward". I mean seriosly? High risk high reward? XDDDDDDD
BUCK HAS 3000 HEALTH, HE EVEN HAS SELF HEAL.
And a good mobility spell, and a slow.
And you call that high risk, high reward? k

EDIT: Buck's shotgun is easy to aim with.

EvieIV
01-01-2017, 02:45 PM
i'm sure he meant that as in general flanks cause buck's not as good as them to be counted in that matter

SlenderLegs
01-01-2017, 02:49 PM
buck is a flanker

Raventric
01-01-2017, 02:58 PM
If you watched the class tutorial for flanks, then hi-rez drybear will say: Flanks have that "high risk, high reward". I mean seriosly? High risk high reward? XDDDDDDD

Maybe in low tier play, just like ppl always complain about skye. He seems op. As a player who's had maches with high elo players in ranked I can tell you he is easily countered. Sha lin stun + Q Bomb king close range, cassie roll + air shot combo and so on. Not even touching the subject of op cauterize (Yes, you need at least one in ranked games). No team goes in without it. Unless they really want to have that disadvantage. His damage is trash, at range it becomes around 80 without the net/ult. Learn to deal with close up threats in a calm fashion and you should be fine. Don't recall the last time I died to a buck as Cassie. Don't forget to use her Q :)

costanata00
01-01-2017, 03:24 PM
he's the most underpowered flanker right now, he has the lowest dps in the flanker class

PTLagger
01-01-2017, 09:41 PM
I see Buck isn't high risk high reward, he is Low risk Low reward (in low elo) and High risk Low reward (in high elo). Once you got focused and countered by Cauterize, you will be a dead meat

Bulmarth
01-01-2017, 09:56 PM
I don't understand his hybrid nature. Look Androxus, Evie, and Skye have 1800-2000 HP, so how a "flank" like Buck has 3k Hp? Thats the HP of most tanks, and Grover. I think he should be "nerfed" or re-work him as a tank

MintyCoffee
01-01-2017, 10:18 PM
No, Bulmarth, it is not the HP of most tanks. The only tank with that kind of HP is Barik. Buck doesn't need a "nerf", you give no credible reasons as to why. Just saying because he has 3k health is a crap reason.
He has 3k health for a good reason, he's a slower, bulkier flanker than the rest, that's the damn point. He trades the high damage potential that the other flankers have for more survivability. Then again with a Kinessa pic I can imagine you just cry whenever a Buck does his job and kills your ass.

KicksBrickster
01-01-2017, 10:32 PM
Yeah, he's got healing and higher health than the other flanks, a slow, and mobility second only to Evie. That's his advantage and what makes him unique within his class.

Like every other champion, however, Buck has trade-offs that balances him well. He has the largest hitbox of any flank. His damage and firing speed are lower than every other flank champion as well. His maximum damage output sans headshots is 550 every second, compared to Androxus' 1200 or Evie's 950. He also has huge falloff, roughly the same as Androxus. And on top of that, his reload speed is the slowest in the game, and functions differently as well.

PTLagger
01-02-2017, 12:02 AM
I don't understand his hybrid nature. Look Androxus, Evie, and Skye have 1800-2000 HP, so how a "flank" like Buck has 3k Hp? Thats the HP of most tanks, and Grover. I think he should be "nerfed" or re-work him as a tank

Where is the rule that force Flank must have less HP than Frontline? He can't be a tank because he doesn't have shield, or you want to make him to build an OP wall like he used to be in closed beta? Sure Buck and Grover has +100 more HP than Barik, have 1000HP heal, but Barik has shield which +6000HP to sustain in fight, not counted turrets's HP and Healing, and Buck has 3x bigger size plus Cauterize can destroy him easily
Only Skye is a true Flanker, the rest of them are hybrid a bit, Buck is Flank+a bit tank, Androxus & Evie are Flank + Damage. And all of Support in game are hybrid (Pip: SP+Damage+Flank; Grohk, Ying: SP+Damage; Mal'damba SP+Flank; Grover:SP+Tank)

EvieIV
01-02-2017, 12:37 AM
Where is the rule that force Flank must have less HP than Frontline? He can't be a tank because he doesn't have shield, or you want to make him to build an OP wall like he used to be in closed beta? Sure Buck and Grover has +100 more HP than Barik, have 1000HP heal, but Barik has shield which +6000HP to sustain in fight, not counted turrets's HP and Healing, and Buck has 3x bigger size plus Cauterize can destroy him easily
Only Skye is a true Flanker, the rest of them are hybrid a bit, Buck is Flank+a bit tank, Androxus & Evie are Flank + Damage. And all of Support in game are hybrid (Pip: SP+Damage+Flank; Grohk, Ying: SP+Damage; Mal'damba SP+Flank; Grover:SP+Tank)

all the hybrids are false except for grover

PTLagger
01-02-2017, 12:56 AM
all the hybrids are false except for grover

They can be hybrids depend on your build & playstyle, such as Mal'damba can goes flank way with amazaing dps and stun lock can 1v1 everything. Pip, everyone known he can be a great flank beside support role, can get top damage if you don't have bad aim. Sometimes I match up with a Ying damage build, in result she got top damage and decent heal. Grohk, although he is bad, but his DPS (850/s) is very high.
Androxus, except he has limited range, his DPS is extremely high without bonus dmg, also higher than most of Damage champs. Evie can harrash and destroy enemies shields by her basic atk with no fall-off, especially Ruckus and Barik (this job - destroy shields and bully Frontline - is for Damage) after you and your team killed all their squishies

EvieIV
01-02-2017, 01:02 AM
They can be hybrids depend on your build & playstyle, such as Mal'damba can goes flank way with amazaing dps and stun lock can 1v1 everything. Pip, everyone known he can be a great flank beside support role, can get top damage if you don't have bad aim. Sometimes I match up with a Ying damage build, in result she got top damage and decent heal. Grohk, although he is bad, but his DPS (850/s) is very high.
Androxus, except he has limited range, his DPS is extremely high without bonus dmg, also higher than most of Damage champs. Evie can harrash and destroy enemies shields by her basic atk with no fall-off, especially Ruckus and Barik (this job - destroy shields and bully Frontline - is for Damage) after you and your team killed all their squishies

everyone can get top dmg if you have good aim that's no reason to class them as damage champions

SlenderLegs
01-02-2017, 03:47 AM

your words doesnt make sense

MotorKnight
01-02-2017, 03:55 AM

In Kinessa tutorial Raynday say: that Kinessa carbine has a high dps enough to kill an Evie if she isnt carefull
Which is true..............if the Evie you are playing against get disconnected in front of you

You can find better tutorials elsewhere, not saying official are bad, but i dont think they have an idea of what are they doing
(I mean just think of this: They reworked Ying to fix her (balance her) but after that, they ended up nerfing her like 3 times if not more, what is worst is that what they call "rework" was just a change from red to green)

LinkAkward
01-02-2017, 05:04 AM
this is starting to get annoying.
why cant people simply learn how to play the game and how to use everything ingame befor crying out on the forum.

Buck is not OP.
Buck do not have to much HP.
Buck do not have to much DMG.

Buy couterize and buck is a sitting duck. even Kinessa will kill him easy. so please!

astroASMR
01-02-2017, 06:31 AM
yep its a broken game, and the arguement of "duh shut up with paladins is a rip off of overwatch, because paladins came out first"

first of all, if that's the case that's embarrassing since overwatch is a complete game and paladins is STILL full of problems and has unbalanced characters etc

sure, you won't kick out players who go afk or lose on purpose but if a person forgets to click on the join match button they are a desserter, despite you get that title anyways sometimes for NO reason OR they kick YOU out as you're about to start a game

OR they kick you out THEN give you the desserter tag

unbalanced characters? i just had a buck that slaughtered most of my team and nearly impossible to deal with 1v1 say with tyra who is suppose to be this new character and a total game changer, put in the game to shake things up.

LOL, seriously?? tyra's ult couldn't penetrate a buck with haven, if you get close to killing him he'll either heal to continue challenging you and you WILL die, OR fly off REALLY far heal then instantly comeback. I've had one use ONE air dash go around a rock (in frog isle) to immediately catch up to kill me

this is not the first time seeing bucks unbalanced character design but this guy was so arrogant he would disappear then come back really fast. His killed people JUST by landing on them, heck he did it to me aswell. I saw mal'damba get mopped up by buck alot, and when mal'damba DOES have the upperhand, buck runs off like a pussy with his airdash and mals' "SLITHER" move barely could catch up so he could finish the job, which doesn't matter because he cowardly lands into his group of partners for backup.

HOW can a character based on damage NOT even be able to stand up against buck? lower her HP if you want, but drastically boost her damage capacity. Why is her ult able to be soaked up by makoa's ult? and the game I mentioned with buck, i couldn't even kill him with ult+grenade launcher and buck didn't even use any of his abilities or his own ult

EvieIV
01-02-2017, 06:38 AM
yep its a broken game, and the arguement of "duh shut up with paladins is a rip off of overwatch, because paladins came out first"

first of all, if that's the case that's embarrassing since overwatch is a complete game and paladins is STILL full of problems and has unbalanced characters etc

sure, you won't kick out players who go afk or lose on purpose but if a person forgets to click on the join match button they are a desserter, despite you get that title anyways sometimes for NO reason OR they kick YOU out as you're about to start a game

unbalanced characters? i just had a buck that slaughtered most of my team and nearly impossible to deal with 1v1 say with tyra who is suppose to be this new character and a total game changer, put in the game to shake things up.

LOL, seriously?? tyra's ult couldn't penetrate a buck with haven, if you get close to killing him he'll either heal to continue challenging you and you WILL die, OR fly off REALLY far heal then instantly comeback. I've had one use ONE air dash go around a rock (in frog isle) to immediately catch up to kill me

this is not the first time seeing bucks unbalanced character design but this guy was so arrogant he would disappear then come back really fast. His killed people JUST by landing on them, heck he did it to me aswell. I saw mal'damba get mopped up by buck alot, and when mal'damba DOES have the upperhand, buck runs off like a pussy with his airdash and mals' "SLITHER" move barely could catch up so he could finish the job, which doesn't matter because he cowardly lands into his group of partners for backup.

HOW can a character based on damage NOT even be able to stand up against buck? lower her HP if you want, but drastically boost her damage capacity. Why is her ult able to be soaked up by makoa's ult? and the game I mentioned with buck, i couldn't even kill him with ult+grenade launcher and buck didn't even use any of his abilities or his own ult

i agree evie should have 3600 hp so that she can keep up with buck even if she misses half her shots and buck heals up

PTLagger
01-02-2017, 07:06 AM

Learn to play and counter dude, he is 1v1 champion, he is a counter to Damage champions, if you fight with him in 1v1, that's your fault, if Buck can 1v2 full health Damage champs, that's mean those 2 Damage are low Elo players, have shit aiming, use Aggression and can't + shoot him accuracy even close range

KicksBrickster
01-02-2017, 07:24 AM

It's this little thing called countering. Tyra is built to counter tanks, with percentage-of-health damage and point control. Buck is built to counter lower-health champions with less mobility, both of which apply to Tyra.

What you're describing is exactly how Buck is intended to be played. Leap in, land on their heads for damage, shoot untii they die. Heal if necessary, and if things get hairy, leap back out, preferably towards your healer.

Tyra is not supposed to be this one-champion-counters-all damage class who can easily kill anyone. The simple fact that she can be countered is what keeps her balanced. In the same way, Buck is countered by highly mobile, long range, or high health champions. Sha Lin and Kinessa, if they stay at range, Ruckus, Evie, Androxus, Pip with the right build... All of them can counter Buck easily.

If your team took mostly champions who are countered by Buck, yeah, he's gonna do really well. That's a given.

SlenderLegs
01-02-2017, 07:47 AM
they reworked her becuase, she was a support. But she dint feel like a support, so they reworked her